NightLife Reviews

NightLife 7
  • Brandy

Brandy Duley · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Our favorite!!

They are always bring down the house! Great production, lighting, music and talent and unmatched. They are easy to work with and just the best

Sent on 05/30/2019

NightLife's reply:

Thanks Brandy! We love performing for you guys and we're excited to be invited back next March.

See you soon,
  • Amanda

Amanda Allen · Getting married on 06/05/2020

10/10 recommend!!

The Night Life Band was perfect for our tent at Preakness! Not only do they sound amazing, they are super engaging too! Very entertaining and they really know how to read a crowd and perform accordingly! Definitely recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Hi Amanda,
    It was our honor to perform for Governor Hogan and the 1st Lady! What a fun group of people to celebrate the 144th Preakness Event with. We hope to be back with you again next year.
    Thanks again for helping to create such a wonderful event for everyone. Shelli Lord

Eve B · Married on 09/27/2019

Great service and entertainment!

Shelli Lord and the team at NightLife once again brought the energy, enthusiasm and entertainment to our annual gala! In addition to being great singers and musicians, NightLife knows how to entertain the crowd and engage their audience members to ensure all are having fun. No matter what last minute details we threw at them, NightLife was able to adapt easily and ensure all of our needs were being met. Thank you for being a wonderful addition to our event yet again!

Sent on 10/02/2019

NightLife's reply:

Thanks so much for having NightLife be part of this very special evening. We appreciate the fact you noted our flexibility! We do well on the fly and it keeps things lively!
    Best to you, Eve, and hope to see you soon,
  • Clarissa

Clarissa · Married on 09/22/2019

Absolutely incredible! Guests kept saying it was the "best wedding ever" thanks to NightLife!

NightLife provided the most incredible wedding entertainment and we could not have asked for anything better! NightLife was such a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to our wedding. Shelli was so organized and made planning for the reception such a breeze. She drafted a schedule for the whole reception and ensured everything we wanted was incorporated, while still leaving plenty of time for dancing. At the reception, NightLife kept everything flowing beautifully so we didn't have to think about it and could just have fun with our guests. NightLife was so interactive too and put on such a great show. Our guests had an awesome time and kept coming up to us all night raving about NightLife's performance, saying it was the "best wedding ever" and that "we'd never had so much fun at a wedding before." My husband and I can't thank NightLife enough for helping make our reception such a spectacular experience!

Sent on 09/29/2019

NightLife's reply:

It was fantastic to be at such a wonderful celebration! We absolutely loved meeting your families and one of my highlights of the evening was teaching Eren's dad how to dance the Cupid Shuffle even though he spoke no English! SO great!
    Blessings to you both and thanks for choosing NightLife!

Ellen · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful experience!

We are so happy we chose Nightlife as our wedding band! They were very professional, were great with helping us develop a timeline of the wedding reception, and of course were wonderful musicians/performers!

The process starts when Shelli, the lead singer and band leader, sending out a questionnaire of how we want the day to go, what songs we want to play, and any other detail we can think of musically. Shelli will take all of our answers, and make suggestions based on our tastes and if we wanted it to be a food focused event or dancing focused event. The suggestions really helped make sure we got everything out of the band, and make sure we made use of our time. Shelli even provided up lighting that really accented our reception room.

It was evident they had A LOT of experience playing at weddings! Having a very experienced band be essentially in charge of the flow of the wedding reception allowed us to completely relax and enjoy our perfect day. We have received numerous compliments about our band and 3 months later our guests are still raving about Nightlife! The music was everything we could have hoped for and more. All of their musicians were fantastic and very friendly. They played everything we asked them too and more…it was really amazing! If we were to plan our wedding all over again we would 100% hire Nightlife again. We recommend them to all of our family and friends!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Hey Ellen,
    So good to hear from you and thank you for the fantastic review! It makes me so happy to know that people are still talking about how great your wedding was. THAT ROCKS! I hope you had a chance to check out the photos and videos I posted of you and Anthony on our Facebook page.....so great.
    Have a wonderful rest of the year and we hope to see you two out and about!.

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Couldn't be Happier

If you are looking for live entertainment for your wedding, look no further. Nightlife is the best live band for any event that will keep your dance floor packed all night long. They play a wide variety of music that is tailored to your preferences that will also appeal to all ages at your event. Their energy on stage is unmatched and is not only great to dance to but to watch and listen as they choreograph moves to many of their songs. Shelli was awesome and easy to work with allowing us to customize our musical preferences, use pre-recorded music for some of our first dances as they were choreographed to original score as well as performing some of the tunes as well. There is the perfect blend of energetic and slow songs, to allow all guests to enjoy the dance floor. If you are also looking for ceremony music as well, Nightlife works with String Poets to provide string music. They also will provide sound support for your ceremony as well if needed as an add on option. We have been to multiple events where Nightlife has performed, and every single time is awesome! We knew that we could put our trust in them for our big day in June 2019. Many wedding guests continue to rave about the music from our wedding to this day 3 months later. They made a lasting impression and can’t wait to dance to their music soon!

Sent on 09/14/2019

NightLife's reply:

Thanks so much for this wonderful review, Michelle! It was definitely worth the wait.
    Much love to you and Shaun!

See you on the dance floor,

Jodi Crosby · Married on 05/15/2019

NightLife is Amazing!

We've had NightLife at our annual corporate party for over 15 years. They are the best and Shelly is amazing! Our guests tell us every year they love the band and they make the party!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Richard Keaveney · Married on 04/13/2019

Our Puppies and Kitties Approve

Our non-profit fundraiser for Animal Care Shelter for Kent County, with over 300 people attending, was a blast in no small measure to the exciting music, sound, lights and performance by NIGHTLIFE Band. Totally recommend this band

Sent on 07/05/2019

NightLife's reply:

Thanks Richard! We had fun tearing the roof off the place and meeting all of you fine folks. Can't wait to do it again next year!

Happy Summer, Shelli

Kevin Bradshaw · Married on 12/01/2018

Don’t book anyone else!

Shelli and the Nightlife Band are a class act! They read the crowd and get everyone going on the dance floor. They let my wife’s father come on stage and sing us a song. with their band in the background. They are super flexible and have everything covered from ceremony music to dance floor hits. If, you are deciding on a band or DJ, go with Nightlife! Everyone in the band loves why they do and it is obvious in their performance.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Hey Kevin,
    Thanks for the props! We appreciate you talking about our attention to detail and providing the ceremony, cocktail and reception music. We know how hard it is to plan a great wedding so we make the process as easy as possible by doing the work for you! It was so great having George on stage with us singing to you and Carrie. That made the whole night!
    Hugs to you both! Shell

Gregt · Married on 11/03/2018

Nihjtlife rocks

As the FOB most of the music was left up to me. NightLife was simply perfect Hi energy - organized - complete command of the ceremony, cocktail hour & reception. Made an awesome day phenomenal.
    Thank you Shelli and team for making my daughters wedding day sooo special along with complete and absolute FUN.

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/03/2018

Phenomenal!

If I could give the NightLife Band 10 stars, I would! They helped get together our timeline of events for the entire day, played strings for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and finished the night off at the reception without a hitch! Our guests never wanted to leave to the dance floor and couldn't stop raving about their constant energy! The personable feeling they provide on your day makes you at ease the entire time. There are not enough words to describe how phenomenal they all truly are!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Hey Brittany,
    Love you, my friend! We had a blast at your wedding and didn't want to leave either. Your friends and family are CRAZY and we loved every minute of being part of the frenzy.
    Blessings to you and Michael! Pass the word to any of your homies that are tying the knot as we'd love to see you all again. Shelli

Ray Desir · Married on 10/31/2018

LW Halloween Dance Party

It was so much fun handling the Halloween party this year. NightLife is an excellent band. As soon as they started playing there was a mass exodus from tables to the dance floor. And it stayed that way all night. Most people did not leave the dance floor until the band took a break. Shelli was wonderful at organizing the parade of costumes. Her comments entertained the participants as they circled the dance floor while we selected the winners. Any time NightLife appears for our dances, I will be there and bring all my friends!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Hi Nancy & Ray,
    Thanks so much for the kind review. We sure hope to be back with you for many more great events. Your guests were super sweet and an awful lot of fun!
    Happy Fall,

Lchamness · Married on 10/24/2018

Second Chance-Wreckers Ball

NightLife Band did not disappoint. Very talented group with high energy that makes everyone want to dance! I highly recommend for any occasion. They will work with you to make any event fun and special!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Nancy Mccarthy · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome Band

The were amazing. They helped to make our fundraiser a success. We will definitely use them again next year.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Megan · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing band!!

This band rocks!! They were so talented and such a fun time. All of our guests were on the dance floor by the end of the night. Super easy to work with and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a band for their wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Casey · Married on 09/22/2018

Would definitely use again!

Amazing people to work with! I even had guests say that they thought an iPod was playing until they saw Shelli singing and were so amazed by her voice!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Justin · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely fantastic....without them I don't know how my party would have went. They were a hit. No one was in their seats and people came up to me and said it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. I would not hesitate to reccomend NightLife to anyone who needs a band.

Sent on 09/06/2018

NightLife's reply:

We love you guys! You and Amanda were incredibly sweet to work with and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have been part of a beautiful wedding day like yours.

Hope to see you soon and thanks again for choosing NightLife! Shelli

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

We got married on September 2nd at Turf Valley Resort. My in-laws generously offered to hire a band for our wedding. We viewed a few bands before seeing NightLife and honestly nothing compared. To start with, during our vendor selection process, Shelli invited my husband and I to see the band perform at an event, they were great! Needless to say, we signed a contract that week! Shelli was amazing to plan with—she quickly answered emails, listened to all our requests and concerns, and was very detail oriented. In addition to emails, she scheduled a few phone calls with my husband and I to help us plan our event from making a timeline for our wedding, helping us select a father daughter song, and making sure she knew the correct pronunciations of our bridal party. Spoiler alert: we were still extremely impressed and looking forward to our big day! NightLife made our wedding amazing—Shelli was respectful and quick on her feet, she organized our rowdy bridal party for intros, she got a family member to move his electric scooter in front of the cake table before the cake cutting so it wouldn’t be in pictures, and NightLife brought the party. Basically no one old or young was sitting all night when the band was playing! I am from New Jersey and many of my family members are from New York. I should preface this by saying that people from up North do not think you can get quality entertainment once you leave the Tri-State area. Well, after my wedding ALL my family and friends were telling me how impressed they were by NightLife. One friend even said that my Maryland wedding was like a New York wedding because of the band. NightLife is an amazing band for anyone who is looking to have amazing entertainment and wants to work with real professionals who will help you with planning every detail of your event! We have no complaints and we would recommend NightLife enthusiastically to everyone!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

Sent on 09/12/2018

NightLife's reply:

Wow, I don't even know what to say! That is one KILLER review of our services and I'm so thankful that you included every piece of what NightLife does, not just the performance.
    We strive hard to make each event and each wedding the most incredible in can be so thank you for recognizing the 'behind the scenes' stuff too!
    Congratulations to you and Justin, Amanda. You both are adorable!

Madeline · Married on 08/31/2018

NightLife is the ultimate wedding band. From our first interactions, Shelli was warm and accommodating, flexible and just lovely to deal with. Having seen the band live many times, their performance at the wedding still managed to blow away our expectations. Shelli talked to us multiple times before the wedding to make sure everything was just the way we wanted. In reality we ended up relying heavily on their musical and crowd pleasing genius. The band can do everything, from the keyboard performance during the cocktail hour, the fabulous saxophone performance and of course the unbelievable vocals has our guests still talking. The dance floor was packed from the beginning to end. We could not recommend NightLife more highly and look forward to going to many more of their performances in the future.

Sent on 09/29/2018
    NightLife 8
    NightLife 9

NightLife's reply:

Sweet Madeline! Thanks so much for the stellar review. Natalie and Justin are an amazing young couple and we were so blessed to be part of their special day. What a gorgeous day and venue! You all better come out and see us again, as we feel like you are part of the family.
    Big hugs to you all....Shelli

Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2018

This band will keep you and your guests on the dance floor! My wife and I loved working with Shelli from the moment we reached out to her 9 months prior to our wedding. She was on top of scheduling and kept our wedding day on schedule day-of. The band was incredible, so much so that our guests still rave about them weeks later! Great music selection. If you want a sure thing on your wedding day, then NightLife is your choice!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Hey Liz,

Hope you and April are settled in the new home in Boston! You had quite the month! Wedding, Honeymoon and moving....you ladies have more energy than anyone I know! We so thank you for taking the time to post a review as I know you are probably still running crazy and living out of boxes.
    Much love to you both! We had such a great time being part of your beautiful day!

Susan · Married on 07/28/2018

NightLife was fantastic! Very entertaining and sounded great! Played a wide variety of music, something for everyone at our event. Everyone was asking for the name of the band. I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Kaitlyn M Triebl · Married on 06/16/2018

Great Energy

Nightlife is a fantastic band! They bring a lot of energy and really keep the party going! We wanted a band that could really cover all genres and decades with the variety of people at our wedding. Their song list was certainly one of the most extensive, and they really knew how to engage to crowd to keep them going. They were also very engaged ahead of the wedding, making sure they knew exactly what they could do and not do with our venue. Great band for sure and we highly recommend!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2018

If you are looking for a band to provide non-stop, energy-packed entertainment for your big day, then Nightlife Band is the way to go! Shelli and her team worked with us on every detail from the second we booked them up until our wedding day. They contracted our string quartet, worked with us on editing a track for our ‘flash-mob,’ and made it a point to learn certain special songs that we hoped would be performed live.

Shelli commutated openly with our day-of coordinator to make sure timelines were precise, and worked with us to get us everything that we hoped for on a reasonable budget.

When it came to the big day, Shelli and her team were phenomenal! The energy that they brought to our reception was electric! Our family and friends love to dance, so anything but top of the line nightlife entertainment would NOT have worked. Nightlife Band was JUST THAT! They kept everyone dancing until the end of the night, and had us begging for more. Their song selection was incredibly eclectic and included everything from classic hits to today’s top 40!

Thank you, Nightlife Band for making both our ceremony and reception more incredible than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 08/15/2018
    NightLife 17
    NightLife 18
    NightLife 19

NightLife's reply:

Boy, I couldn't have asked for a better review! Thanks so much for the depth of your words. I often think potential clients think only of the 'entertainment' part of hiring a band, but we strive to go above and beyond in every single element of the planning and execution of each piece of the evening. I'm super glad you loved my string guys (they rock!) and we love to detail each wedding into something unique and special to our bridal couples so we're always happy to learn music and do whatever it takes to blow you away. We were blessed to have been part of your big day and I'm telling you, after hundreds of weddings, yours remains at the top of being off the chain and absolutely stunning! Love YOU! Shelli

Jamie · Married on 06/02/2018

The band for my daughters wedding!! They are so amazing, fun and entertaining—- the dance floor was jammed pack all night!!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

NightLife's reply:

Thanks for having us Jamie! It was super fun to have you on stage with us belting out "It's Raining Men". Great stuff! :)

Hope to see you out and about, my friend...Shelli