Nicole Makeup and Hair Reviews

99 | Whippany, NJ

99 Reviews for Nicole Makeup and Hair

99 Nicole Makeup and Hair Reviews

Kristt · Married on 07/14/2018

Nicole and her team did my hair and makeup as well as the hair and makeup of my 8 bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law and they were AMAZING! They were prompt, talented, easy to work with, and true professionals. Everyone looked beautiful and their makeup was classic and sophisticated. From working with Nicole to set up trials months before the wedding to working on a schedule days before the wedding, she responded quickly and was extremely accommodating. I am so grateful I found Nicole for my wedding day, I have never felt so beautiful. I would recommend her without hesitation to any bride she is the best!

Nicole Makeup and Hair 1
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 2
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 3

Jori · Married on 06/08/2018

Nicole and Courtney did an absolutely amazing job for my wedding. They took care of myself, MOB, MOG and 5 bridesmaids in record time! We all looked so beautiful and the makeup stayed well into the night without looking faded at all! They took great care with each girl that they worked with and really listened to what everyone wanted. I cannot say enough great things about this company and I will definitely be recommended them to anyone I know getting married! Hire them!!

Lizeth · Married on 05/11/2018

I cannot begin to describe how amazing Nicole is!
    She has made me look and feel amazing for three separate events, including my own wedding.
    She is very talented and will leave you looking and feeling your best. She is also very nice, patient and knowledgeable which comes in handy when you are dealing with brides like me who have no idea what looks good or not.
    I had a lot of people compliment me on my hair and makeup and ask me where I got it done. I will keep recommending Nicole to everyone I know because she did an amazing job and she made the experience a very pleasant and stress-free one. Thanks so much!

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Nicole was INCREDIBLE! I knew after doing a trial with her that she would be a perfect match for my bridal party. My girls loved her. Nicole is professional, easy going, and fun to be around! Each one of us did an up do and full makeup. She timed the morning perfectly for us to have us all ready before noon. It took her about 5 hours to do 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and me (the bride). She gave us a bridal attendant to stay with us throughout the day and do touch ups before we did formal pictures after the ceremony. I would highly recommend her for your wedding or future events where you need professional hair and makeup.

Lauren · Married on 03/31/2018

Nicole did my makeup for my engagement shoot, bridal shower, and wedding. I got so many compliments on my look from each event, thanks to Nicole. She was also so flexible with scheduling appointments. I'm a teacher and it's difficult to get time off for personal appointments. Nicole was amazing and was able to accommodate appointments right after school or on school holidays so that I didn't need to ask for more time off. Her communication leading up to the wedding day was super clear so that I knew exactly what to expect on the day of the wedding. Nicole and Aphrodite did the makeup for myself and my bridal party on the wedding day. They both have an amazing way with people. They were so calm and lovely and my bridesmaids and I genuinely enjoyed hanging out with them as we got ready for the wedding. It was a great way to start the day and my bridesmaids and I loved our looks. I would highly recommend Nicole Makeup and Hair to any bride looking for a talented makeup/hair team. Thank you, Nicole & Aphrodite!

Lindsay · Married on 03/09/2018

Aphrodite and Sareen were our hair/makeup artists for the day and they were amazing!! They were on time, organized, nice, professional, and fun to work with! They did a wonderful job on all of our hair/makeup - I did the airbrush foundation and I HIGHLY recommend it! I had 5 bridesmaids and both the MOB & MOG got their hair and makeup done. They had everything done in 4 hours - it was great! Nicole was also awesome to work with scheduling, etc. She is super responsive and her prices are reasonable. I would highly recommend Nicole Makeup & Hair to anyone!

Megan · Married on 02/10/2018

I had Aphrodite do the hair and makeup for myself and three bridesmaids. I asked for a fresh look and clean updo while my bridesmaids did smoky eyes and a messy updo. She did both of the styles equally perfect with ease and speed that only comes from lots of training and experience. She was happy to let me try several looks to pick the perfect one for me and make any adjustments if I changed my mind last minute. Most of all, she was so fun and calming to have around as we were getting ready the morning of the wedding. I could not imagine a better experience.

Nicole Makeup and Hair 4
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 5
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 6
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 7
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 8
    Nicole Makeup and Hair 9

Melissa · Married on 01/05/2018

Initially, I didn't reach out to Nicole because I (for some reason) thought her prices were out of my budget (I was wrong--they were the best), and I'm so glad I used her artists for my wedding. Nicole was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process, especially when I wasn't happy with how my trial went and when I wanted to add a second artist just weeks before my big day. She was also very responsive to any and all of my questions or concerns. After my trial, I was worried because my hair was not what I wanted and I thought my eyeliner was too thick and the fake lashes didn't look very great. Nicole was more than willing to work this out with me. We spoke on the phone about my concerns, and she spoke with my artist about the changes and worked with her so she'd be able to style my hair the way I wanted. Although I was still a bit uneasy (and didn't want to pay for another trial), it all worked out. Aphrodite was the artist for my mom and me, and Sareen did the hair and makeup for some of my bridesmaids and mother in law. Both did a spectacular job. I felt and looked beautiful, as did my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law. Aphrodite made the changes I had wanted perfectly! Both artists were so friendly; it was great having their positive energy when I was so nervous! One thing I will add, not to the fault of anyone, is that after my trial, my lip stain started peeling/crumbling off. I thought maybe it was because I didn't have clear lip gloss, but the day of my wedding, even when continually applying clear lip gloss, it did the exact same thing just an hour after Aphrodite left, so I didn't have a lip color for my entire wedding (maybe my lips just don't take well to the stain). With that in mind, if you do notice something like that happen at your trial, definitely make sure you let someone know so you don't have that issue on your big day! Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome of using Nicole Makeup & Hair. Thanks for everything!

K · Married on 01/01/2018

Aphrodite, Julie, and Sareen were so fun and easy to get along with, and helped make getting ready with my bridesmaids such a delight. I absolutely LOVED how my hair and makeup turned out, and my bridesmaids all said the same thing. I know they go to many weddings every year, but they definitely made our day special for me. So, thank you.

Liz · Married on 12/02/2017

Honestly, if I could hang out with Nicole everyday I definitely would! I had a bit of prior knowledge that she was amazing at her job because she did my twin sister's wedding last year but she did not disappoint for my wedding this past Saturday! She went above and beyond to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect! She not only did my hair and makeup for my engagement photoshoot but she also took care of all of my bridesmaids, both Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom, and me on my wedding day. She and Courtney got all of us done so efficiently and literally EVERYONE was thrilled with the way they looked for the wedding day. She also offers a VIP service where she will stay with you for touchups right up until the ceremony. Not only was she there for touchups for my ENTIRE bridal party, but she also went above and beyond by helping with holding coats during the photos or helping me get a stain out of my dress before my ceremony or even moving pinecones out of the way during my first look. She is an amazing person to have around on what could be one of the most stressful days. She literally just makes everything better! We love her and I HIGHLY recommend her for ANYTHING! Nicole, we love you!!

Patti · Married on 09/30/2017

Nicole was our make up artist service for my daughter's wedding. She was top notch in every way! She provided make up services for the bride, bridesmaids, mother of the bride, grandmothers. ALL of us were thrilled with our make up, even the older generation that were not used to having make up done. The application lasted beautifully for the entire day and evening! Extremely professional as well!

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

As a dermatology PA, I can be extremely picky about the products used on my skin and I found it very important for my face to look flawless on my wedding day. As a girl who still struggles with acne and who doesn't normally wear much makeup day-to-day (I don't love the feel), I was really worried about looking like I had clown makeup on, or worse, not having enough makeup on for the flawless look I was hoping for! Nicole uses the best makeup brands and is concerned about hygiene when applying them. She applied enough makeup to enhance or cover the things we had discussed, without it being too overdone.

Nicole did my bridal makeup along with makeup for my 6 bridesmaids, MOB, 2 grandmothers, and an aunt. She worked efficiently and got us all done without even breaking a sweat! Everyone, including my incredibly picky and opinionated grandmother, absolutely loved their makeup! Nicole was extremely professional, knowledgeable, affordable, and always quick to respond via email or phone whenever I had any questions at all! She was absolutely wonderful to work with (hands down my favorite of all of my vendors!). She made my vision come to life on my wedding day and I know she can do the same for you!

BreeAnna · Married on 09/16/2017

Nicole Makeup and Hair was incredible. Courtney, Silvie and Stephanie did hair and makeup for myself, my 7 bridesmaids, mother of the groom, my aunt and then also her daughter. They were son time(early in fact) set themselves up perfectly even though we had such limited room in the hotel room we were given. They were quick, and their work was of such amazing quality. All of my girls looked AMAZING and they were SO happy. I was also so happy with my look. Courtney nailed it first time for both hair and makeup. They were so professional but fun and easy going. Courtney also stayed extra to do my cousins hair and makeup and she also helped me with my veil AND putting my headpiece back in after I dropped it in the toilet. I cannot say enough about them- they are incredible!

Amanda · Married on 08/05/2017

Nicole was absolutely amazing to work with! She was so accommodating, always answered emails promptly, and is probably one of the nicest people I've ever worked with! My bridesmaids all looked stunning and loved their hair and makeup! Nicole did my hair and makeup, and I could not have been happier with how it turned out! Everyone was so fun the morning of the wedding, and Nicole even came with us to help with styling during the first look. She is a dream to work with and I hope I'll be able to work with her again in the future!

Berit · Married on 08/05/2017

After reading online reviews, I decided to book Nicole Hair and Makeup for my wedding and I’m so happy I did! I scheduled a trial for my hair and makeup a few months before wedding and was paired up with Julie. Julie was so friendly and didn’t bat an eyelash when I asked if my mom (who was visiting) could join us for the trial. She was accommodating with time and location as well, which I really appreciated. When I decided I wanted to try another type of hairstyle (Julie nailed the first trial, I was just being indecisive!), Nicole assured me that it wouldn’t be an issue at all, and she quickly scheduled me for another trial with Julie a couple weeks later. On the day of the wedding, Julie was joined by Aphrodite as my bridesmaids, flower girl, my mom, and mother in law were all getting hair (and some makeup) done. Julie and Aphrodite arrived at the venue on time and had everything running on schedule all day without rushing through anyone – especially impressive since I had 7 bridesmaids! Each of the bridesmaids requested their own hairstyles and they all looked amazing. My six-year old flower girl was especially excited to get her hair and “makeup” done, and Aphrodite was so kind and sweet with her. Julie did my hair and makeup again, and it looked even better than the trial. So many people complimented my hair throughout the evening, and I LOVED it! And my makeup was flawless. As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup and didn’t want to look like a different person on the day of my wedding, but Julie gave me a natural glamour that was perfect for a wedding day look. I felt absolutely amazing! I loved having Julie and Aphrodite as part of the getting ready fun – they were funny, nice, and very talented at what they do. I would HIGHLY recommend Nicole Hair and Makeup to any brides to be who want to look and feel amazing on their wedding day!

• emcor793

Emily · Married on 08/04/2017

Stephanie was not only my make-up artist for the big day, but she did my mom's, my cousin's (bridesmaid) and my grandmother's make up as well. She was so respectful and professional of each of our desired looks and was so accommodating. She was also so incredibly sweet- she checked in with us through the whole process to be sure that we were comfortable and happy with what was being done. End result, I felt so stunning. My make-up lasted through the whole day and night. She offers so many options, there is no going wrong. Nicole, the owner of the business, is so responsive, kind and professional. What a great experience!

melissa · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot say enough good things about everyone at Nicole Makeup & Hair! I worked with Nicole for all the details leading up to the day and on our wedding day Courtney and Aphrodite were our stylists. I was a little nervous about booking artists for makeup because I have a severe allergy to nickel and have to be very particular about the products I use. Nicole was so understanding and went out of her way to not only research the products they use, but she also took the time to research my allergy further to be sure that they were being as careful as possible; I was so relieved, impressed, and appreciative of this. Courtney did my hair and makeup for the wedding day and I was amazed with her work! I really didn’t know what I wanted and had maybe two or three photos to show her for inspiration but she turned that into something beautiful. Not only was I so happy with how I looked, I was so impressed with how it held up all night! My hair never fell out of place and my makeup looked like it was freshly applied all night long. I don’t wear much makeup on a daily basis so I didn’t want to look too done up, but I wanted to look different than my everyday wear. Courtney found the perfect balance. Aphrodite styled the bridesmaids and they were all very happy with their hair/makeup also! Everyone’s hair and makeup lasted so well throughout the day and night. Courtney and Aphrodite were prompt, personable, professional, and so knowledgable. The best part is that even though the artists come to you, their prices are still so reasonable. I would wholeheartedly recommend their services to anyone for any occasion!

Courtney · Married on 07/01/2017

Nicole and her team are an incredibly talented group of artists! From our first interaction, I was impressed by Nicole's responsiveness, the thorough nature in which she answered my questions, and of course the portfolio of work she provided. Nicole does a phenomenal job of enhancing natural beauty- you will not look like someone else or like you have a ton of make up caked on. She listens to you to ensure you are heard, and uses her skill to transform your look! Furthermore, she and her team did a great job of ensuring all hair and make up have a modern feel. My entire bridal party (and MOB/G) loved their looks.

I can't recommend Nicole enough- reach out immediately!

Shira Lee · Married on 06/25/2017

Courtney, Stephenie, and Sylvie were an amazing team! I could not have been happier! Courtney was the team lead and prior to the wedding Courtney and I met for a trial run - she was so patient and easy to work with and willing to try several styles during the trial just so I could find what was perfect for me. I was so happy with how my hair and makeup turned out on the day of my wedding and how everyone else's did, too. We were a large group (7 bridesmaids, two mothers, and one grandmother) yet they were able to keep us to a tight schedule, and made sure we were all relaxed and stress-free. Such a pleasure working with them! I would happily refer any friends and family to Nicole Makeup & Hair in the future!

Julia · Married on 06/03/2017

I could not imagine having a better experience with Nicole. From the trial, to the responsiveness to my endless emails, and patience day-of. She and Julie were on time and made sure every one of my bridesmaids was 100% happy with her hair, even for the ones that are never happy ;) My hair and makeup was exactly what I had imagined. They were on time, well organized, and just really pleasant to be around the morning of my wedding.

Christie · Married on 05/28/2017

Nicole did my hair and makeup for an engagement shoot. She drove to my home, and was prompt and professional. More importantly -- she did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. She works incredibly quick and efficiently, without compromising the final look. You can tell that she has done this for a long time and is a professional. She listened to what I wanted, made sure I was comfortable and happy with the final look. Definitely recommend.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2017

How do I even begin to explain how amazing Nicole and her team is... As a girl who never wears make-up and her hair is always in a ponytail, Nicole made my experience absolutely perfect. From the second I emailed her to the day of my wedding, Nicole was always in contact with me and explained everything. She was extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable through the process. It feels as though I've know her for years not just met her a couple of time.

The day of my wedding everything went perfectly, so much so, we got done early! All of my girls and I looked beautiful! The look on my husband's face when he saw me and said 'you look beautiful' is something I will never forget. I highly suggest you contact Nicole.. like right now.. for your wedding! Trust me, it will truly be the best decision you make!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2017

Nicole is so great to work with. All the ladies looked amazing the day of the wedding and we all loved Nicole and her team. Our wedding was early in the morning so we had to start hair & makeup at 5am! They were early, and got us all up on time. Nicole was great at my trial too, redoing my hair a few times until it was exactly what I wanted. Se was always quick to respond, and very helpful in the planning process. I would very highly recommend Nicole Makeup & Hair to everyone. We can't wait to see her again at my sister's wedding next year!

Cara · Married on 04/15/2017

I reached out to Nicole after reading all the wonderful reviews online and am so glad that I did. She and Julie did hair and makeup for me and my six bridesmaids and they did an absolutely amazing job. They arrived early the morning of my wedding and got everyone done on time without anyone feeling rushed. Everyone looked beautiful and really loved their hair and makeup! My trial was great too. I wanted to look natural but also special for my wedding day, and Nicole really delivered. She listened to what I wanted but also offered advice along the way. I was so happy with my hair and makeup on the big day and received so many compliments! Nicole is professional, organized, and overall just a pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend Nicole and her team highly enough.