Nicole Bates Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Mary R. Married on 08/21/2021

Best Day Ever!

Nicole was SUCH a pleasure to work with. It was so important to me that we found a photographer who was familiar with our venue, and she went above and beyond the week of our wedding to scope out what areas would photograph best.

The packages she offers are great, and the flexibility to customize based on our budget was awesome too. Having her help with our timeline was an extra that was WELL worth it too! We really love all of the candid photos captured between us and our loved ones, and we are just so thankful to have had Nicole photograph our day.
    Cindy R. Married on 06/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We adore Nicole and her work!

Nicole photographed our wedding in March 2019 and since then for family pictures. We adore her and her work! She is the perfect balance of being professional and making you feel very comfortable at the same time. Our wedding was one of the happiest days and Nicole was able to capture beautiful moments! We truly can’t recommend her enough!
    Erin Married on 06/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, high-quality and personable photographer

Nicole was an absolute joy to work with! Professional, compassionate and bubbly in personality, Nicole listened to my wishes and added her own creative touch to the photos. She was very calm and flexible as my husband and I rescheduled our wedding twice due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Nicole captured not only the planned posed photos but also the private candid moments as well, providing high quality and genuine photos that my husband and our families will cherish for a lifetime.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Jenny-mai
    Jenny-Mai Married on 09/14/2019

Amazingly talented!

We hired Nicole for our engagement photos then for our wedding in Chicago. Nicole is very organized, detailed oriented and very easy to work with. The photos turned out PHENOMENAL!! Everyone we showed our photos to said it was magazine quality. I can’t recommend her enough!!
  • Kimy
    Kimy Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Photos to last a lifetime

Where to begin
    Our wedding day started with me being violently ill.
    Nicole came to the rescue and managed to capture every last moment that I was missing out on.
    And the photos I did make it in, she managed to make me look beautiful!
    As a result, our timeline went right out the window.
    Nicole remained calm and collect the entire time!
    AND THEN it began to rain as though a hurricane was ripping though. Causing our ceremony location to change. Nicole didn’t miss a beat. She got all of the shots I hoped for! Even the fun “we’re getting poured on!” shots!
    By booking with Nicole, you are guaranteed photos to look back on for a lifetime. No matter what wedding day chaos may be thrown at her!
    (I’ve also added some photos of family and baby shoots that she has done for us! Because who doesn’t look photos of a little fresh baby!!)
  • Brooke
    Brooke Married on 09/08/2018

A joy to work with

Nicole was such an absolute delight to have be a part of our wedding day. She was full of ideas and had plenty of locations in town to offer me to take pictures at. She was very flexible, we didn't take engagement photos but she did come for our rehearsal dinner and take some pictures for us. She has the creativeness you would desire and the photography skills to capture all the best moments. She gave me pictures I will cherish forever.
    Rachel S. Married on 06/07/2018

Easiest Decision We Made

Nicole stepped in, last minute, when our original photographer--a friend of ours--could no longer photograph our wedding. Nicole was not at all phased by the circumstances and stepped right in to work with our unconventional schedule. Of all the decisions my husband and I made, hiring Nicole was by far the easiest and the one we were the most satisfied with. What could have been a nightmare ended up being the smoothest part of our whole day. Moreover, I am not someone who typically enjoys seeing myself in photos. Nicole managed to work around my fears and anxieties and managed to capture moments and images that I truly cherish. I'd recommend working with Nicole hands down. She's truly the best!
    Brittney Married on 12/30/2017

Amazing work

Nicole is amazing to work with. We could not be more thrilled with the absolute perfection of our engagement and wedding photos. We had a winter wedding and knew the weather may cause issues and it definitely did. It ended up being an absolute blizzard out but Nicole did not miss a beat (even let me wear her scarf to keep warm). She was able to capture every moment in a magical way that allows us to enjoy memories for a lifetime. We look forward to working with Nicole in the future.
  • Lindsy
    Lindsy R. Married on 12/27/2017

Wedding/family/maternity photography

Nicole was an asset to our wedding day, and has now become our photographer for every important event in our lives. She handled negative degree weather with a blizzard like it was nothing on our wedding day and captured shots that we will forever treasure. She is also amazing with babies and took beautiful maternity shots for me. We wouldn’t dream of hiring anyone else!
    Nicole B. Married on 10/07/2017

Fantastic!

Nicole did such a great job with our pictures! We’ve used her for engagement, wedding, and family pictures. She’s great with posing and props and capturing the moment. Can’t recommend highly enough!
    Jenna Married on 09/23/2017

Engagement & Wedding Photos

Nicole is so easy to work with. She’s super laid back and we truly enjoyed having her capture our most special moments. Would recommend her for any photography needs!
    Bri Married on 08/11/2017

Amazing, Artistic, and Affordable

Nicole was our first choice for our wedding. She is caring, professional, and captures amazing photos. She worked with us to build the package that fit our wedding needs. She captured genuine and sweet photos throughout the wedding that we are so grateful to have ♡. We have used Nicole for our engagement, wedding, and maternity photos. We would highly recommend her for anyone seeking professional, artistic photos of your special day.
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Comfortability you can count on!!

We used Nicole for our wedding in 2017 and couldn’t have asked for anything better. From engagement photos to the wedding day, she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Her professionalism and awesome personality goes unmatched. She is great at listening to exactly what you are looking for, whether that’s on the wedding day or after with a growing family. You can’t go wrong with Nicole!
    Mackenzie Married on 07/22/2017

Beautifully Captured Our Special Day

We had Nicole do our photos for our wedding in 2017 and I honestly could not have asked for better photos from the wedding (or a better photographer), she did a fantastic job. Our wedding was a blast and I have nothing but good memories from that day so I love looking back at all of the photos that Nicole took. She gave us every photo from that day, which is awesome because I'm a fan of candid shots as well.
    Every time I look at our photos, I'm amazed at how Nicole was able to capture the joy, love and spirit of the whole event. She truly blew me away and I am so thankful that she was able to do our wedding. Book her now, you won't regret it!!
  • Catherine
    Catherine M. Married on 06/30/2017

Phenomenal choice!

We used Nicole in 2017 for engagement and wedding photos. She was AMAZING. She's super easy to communicate with, flexible, willing to be adventurous, etc. My husband and I are both super awkward when it comes to posing for pictures and she somehow made our big day look like it was right out of a magazine. She's relaxed and calming, creative, professional, and just so cool. She's so timely with her work and getting the photos ready for viewing. We have continued to use her over the last few years as our family has grown and she never ceases to amaze us. You cannot go wrong with her!
    Katherine C. Married on 01/28/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We definitely recommend Nicole!

Nicole shot our wedding and did an awesome job. She is really easy to work with and approachable. Nicole’s artistic style will definitely get you some good shots!
    Stevee J. Married on 09/12/2015

Amazing work and personality 💗

Nicole is an amazing photographer! She has the eye for creative photos and is not afraid to tell you what will look best! Trust in her talents, she knows exactly what she is doing! Would recommend her for any occasion!
illustration stars