The Club at Pasadera Reviews

26 | Monterey, CA

26 Reviews for The Club at Pasadera

• Alexis Gutierrez

Alexis · Married on 06/03/2017

We had our engagement dinner here and it was amazing! Great staff!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

Words cannot begin to describe our May wedding at the Nicklaus Club - Monterey. The service, the staff, the venue itself... It was perfect, and our wedding could not have been any better. Debbie Monti was the first person we met on our site visit, and we instantly were comfortable with her and impressed by the venue. By the end of our tour, we were sold. Danielle, our banquet coordinator, was so professional and helpful in navigating the multiple allergies we had to work around. Paige, our day of coordinator, was the best in the world. Every single detail was executed to the "t" - there were no distractions, no problems, and if there were then they were handled in a way that didn't make them our problem on our wedding day. We are so grateful for the team that gave us such a perfect day, the wait staff that kept dinner flowing, the chef for the amazing food, even the gate guard who ensured our day started with a smile and congratulations! There is not a single employee who didn't have an impact on the day we had, and we wouldn't trade it for the world. If the appearance of this venue itself doesn't win you over, know the staff there will make your day perfect.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Henry · Married on 04/16/2016

Even though the Nicklaus Club went through a lot of turnover during our wedding planning, everything still worked out perfectly. In fact, they even hired an event coordinator just specifically for our wedding. The food and drinks were all great, and the venue was absolutely beautiful. The venue also did a great job of perfectly setting out our personal decorations. The lodge is also a must! It was a perfect location to spend extra time with your friends and family!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Miguel · Married on 02/05/2016

The service we received by Renee, Lindsey and Primo was EXCEPTIONAL!!! This is such a beautiful venue that as soon as my wife saw we set the date for our wedding.
    We had our cocktail hour in the lounge area, they have an open are with beautiful fireplace. The area is big enough that we had a Mariachi band playing during the cocktail hour; our guests were mingling in the indoor and outdoor seating areas.
    The day of the wedding we didn’t worry for ANYTHING! We left all the details up to Lindsey and Primo and they handled everything for us.
    If we have the opportunity to host another event I will absolutely do it at Nicklaus Club with Renee, Lindsey and Primo they are the best!!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Edith · Married on 02/05/2016

One Word can describe this once in a lifetime event I call my Wedding at Nicklaus......
    MAGICAL!!!!!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

HEATHER · Married on 12/12/2015

The Nicklaus Club was the only venue I looked at when selecting the wedding venue for our wedding. I live in Los Angeles but am from the Monterey Bay area originally and was browsing online at wedding venue locations near where I am from. I actually didn't know about the Nicklaus Club prior to wedding planning, but when I stumbled upon it I immediately set up an appointment to visit the location. My fiance, my parents and I visited the venue and were sold. It's a truly stunning property. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were very responsive to all of my communication and very easy to work with. The Nicklaus Club team executed the wedding day itself beautifully. EVERYTHING was simply amazing. Our guests are all raving about our beautiful venue and that the food was unbelievable.
    Renee and Lindsey were who I primarily worked with. Renee gave us our tour initially and is who we worked out our contract with. Once that was finalized, we worked with Lindsey all the way up until the day of, where she was the event coordinator. They were both very organized and professional and did a great job.

I can't recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Helen · Married on 11/07/2015

Just had my wedding here and the staff, food and grounds were amazing. Lindsey is the event coordinator and incredibly responsive, easy to work with and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great event. Very organized and on point throughout the night. Food is cooked to serve and so delicious. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. Love this place and highly recommend the venue!!

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding at Nicklaus Club was a dream come true! Renee, Lindsey and Primo were fun to work with, genuinely listened to our vision, and diligently worked to satisfy our every request throughout the entire process. Our photographer could not take enough pictures of our party in the beautiful setting and we were blessed to have a full moon that evening. We had our dinner in the courtyard by the large European style fountain and received endless compliments from our guests on how dreamy the setting was, as if though everyone had been transported to an exclusive villa in Tuscany. During the dancing, our guests were able to explore the many areas of the venue that offer enchantment such as the outdoor fireplace, large couches in the living room, large separate bar, or let their kids run free on the grass next to the beautiful tree that glistened with ornamental lights. We truly appreciate how lucky we were to have such a gorgeous setting and work with such an amazing staff- it made our night very special. We highly recommend Nicklaus Club to anyone planning their special day!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/17/2015

The most magical venue I've ever seen in my whole life. It was elegant and romantic and every detail was perfect. Renee Russell was our first point of contact - she gave us a tour and got our contract in order! Lindsey Dole is a phenomenal coordinator and put us at ease the entire year we planned this celebration. She was so tentative with emails and responded in a timely matter each and every time! The ceremony was magical, the cocktail hour was so fun! And the reception was such a success. The food was to die for and every meal was cooked to perfection. The entire night our guests kept raving about the food. The appetizers were such a hit (especially the shrimp/polenta and the crab cakes!) The filet of beef was so tender and juicy! The wine (especially the white) was one of the bests I've ever had. The Nicklaus Club will be highly raved about! We couldn't have dreamed of a more magical venue and a more dreamy wedding!

Pros:
    - The Price
    - The food (TO DIE FOR) Best wedding food ever. Honestly.
    - The alcohol/drinks - good premium drinks!
    - The grounds - courtyard is dreamy, outdoor grass are is romantic, ceremony patio is intimate, and reception room is magical.
    - Servers are super professional
    - Lindsey (day-of....and really all year long coordinator) was so amazing

Cons:
    - NONE

Such a great venue from beginning to end. I highly recommend it to any bride looking for the most romantic evening. It was also conveniently located next to a ton of major hotel chains and even some smaller ones! It was so close to Cannery Row - so brunch the next morning was so fun! Everything about this location was perfect.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Monica · Married on 06/27/2015

Nicklaus Club-Monterey is one of the most beautiful places that I could have chosen to get married. Even though it is technically a country club, it feels more like a romantic Spanish villa/winery. We held our ceremony in the courtyard and needed almost no flowers or decorations throughout the venue, the setting alone is amazing. I love all the different "areas" of this venue! Our dance floor was outside under string lights and the entire evening was just magical :) Everyone had such an amazing time and our wedding was everything we could ask for and more!!

More importantly, I cannot say enough great things about Lindsey, Renee and the whole staff at The Nicklaus Club! Lindsey is AMAZING and always put me at ease with all of my questions! My wedding day went so smooth thanks to the incredible staff!

If I had to do it all over again, I would pick The Nicklaus Club every time :)

Sent on 07/14/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2015

Nicklaus Club-Monterey is one of the most beautiful places that I could have chosen to get married. The courtyard is like a piazza in Venice: charming and welcoming. The fountain at the entry creates a relaxing, serene, yet old world appeal. The Spanish Mission style architecture was more than appropriate for the romantic vision I had for my wedding having grown up in California. The curbside appeal is only the beginning. As you enter into the club house you feel as though you are walking into your dream home. Large hallways, a living room with a grand fireplace, a view of the golf course, and regal couches, a bar/ small courtyard/ 180 degree bench surrounding another fireplace that is excellent for a cocktail hour, an event lawn ready for your lawn games or spectacular photos perfectly framed by the large quintessential majestic tree, but most of all the dining room that is so perfectly designed that minimal additional decor is needed to make you feel like you are, what my niece calls us, King and Queen of the evening.

However, so far this is solely accolades for the physical venue. The most important aspect of this location is the event coordinator (Lindsey), the food and beverage manager (Primo), and staff. Lindsey is more than just good at her job, she is excellent. She handles each and every question/issue that is thrown at her. She communicates so well that she has an answer before you can even ask the question. The quality of her work is to be commended. Primo is genuine and giving. He will ensure that your event is sufficiently provided for.

Nicklaus Club-Monterey... Thank you.... I have never received so many compliments before and it is all thanks to you and your hard work and beautiful grounds.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Emily · Married on 04/04/2015

Nicklaus Club Monterey was truly a wonderful venue for a wedding. Everything was just so beautiful; the grounds, the courtyard, the clubhouse... I couldn't have pictured a better venue. Lindsey and Renee were so helpful and attentive to our needs. Lindsey definitely helped lift the weight of our shoulders as we got closer to the day and also the day of; we never had a worry after speaking with her. I highly recommend this venue; the food was great, the service was outstanding, the location is breathtaking. Nicklaus Club truly made our wedding day something special and one to remember.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Andrea · Married on 03/14/2015

Such a beautiful wedding location! Originally I did not think I wanted a "country club" wedding, but it feels nothing like a country club. It has a very Spanish/Italian feel. We went to our first appointment with Lindsey and were blown away with how beautiful and classy it was, but at the same time very relaxed. We held our ceremony in the courtyard and needed almost no flowers or decorations, the setting alone is amazing. We then moved into the lounge area for cocktail hour. There is indoor and outdoor seating - great for mingling.
    We then held our dinner and dancing in the main dining area. We ended up adding a band (The Money Band!!! Highly recommend) which limited our space in the room, but luckily they have an outdoor area with large windows that can be opened up to feel like they are part of the main room. They also have heaters and panels for rent to make it more comfortable.
    My favorite part of this location was that there were so many different areas for people to mingle and hang out. If guests wanted to dance they were in the main dining room with the band, if they wanted to be outside there were chairs on the lawn and kids running around, if they wanted a drink there was the bar/lounge, if they wanted to relax there was a couch area. We also had a photo booth which had its own area as well.
    We worked with Lindsey for our all of our details and she was great!! She always had a great, relaxed but professional attitude. Whatever we needed, she handled. I work in the hospitality business and to me, she went above and beyond what I was expecting, especially on the day of.
    Our Banquet manager on the day of was Primo and he was also amazing, as was his staff.
    I love love loved this location and will recommend it to anyone looking for a perfect location in Monterey that has everything!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Scotty · Married on 01/17/2015

We recently had our wedding reception at the Nicklaus Club Monterey. By far the best venue anywhere in the Monterey area! It's not just one big open room like many other venues, they have a big dining room / dance floor, a very nice lounge, a bar area, a cozy outdoor fireplace, and plenty of other outdoor spaces. It is such a nice place that you don't have to put up very many decorations at all, it is beautiful as is. The staff was superb the entire night and catered to each and every one of our needs. The food was truly outstanding! I'm blown away that they can prepare such amazing food in that quantity. We received so many compliments from our guests about how nice the venue was, how fantastic the food tasted, and how helpful the staff was. We initially worked with Renee who was fantastic to work with, showed us around, and answered all of our questions to book the venue. We then worked with Lindsey, the coordinator, was also an absolute pleasure to work with, kept in contact throughout, coordinated with all of our vendors, and made our special day possible. The perfect venue and the perfect staff made for a perfect wedding! We can't thank you enough Nicklaus Club!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Vanessa · Married on 09/20/2014

Lindsey was amazing! She gave me peace of mind and made sure everything was taken care of the day of my wedding. She played a vital role in creating and executing my dream wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Marina · Married on 08/02/2014

Nicklaus Club was a fabulous location for our ceremony and reception! I could not have imagined a more perfect day. Renee Russell was a gem to work with--she was so on top of every single detail. Jason from food & beverage was also so kind and accommodating. Nicklaus Club worked with us to make a unique menu with a Mexican flare, and the food turned out to be delicious. Overall, all staff members were so professional, and they went above and beyond to make our day a success. And of course, the club is just beautiful. We had 170 people at our wedding, and the space perfectly accommodated a crowd of that size. People could freely move between the courtyard, outdoor patio, bar area, living room area, dining room, outside terrace, and lawn. 5 stars for Nicklaus Club!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2012

Pasadera Country Club is absolutey amazing, the food is like a 5 star restaurant, and the team that works there go the extra mile to make your special day perfect. From the get go Chris and Caitlin were ready to answer any question and help me figure out any idea I had. The space is huge and has an excellent space for an outdoor dance floor. We had about 120 people and it was just perfect!

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • Kristen and Dave

Kristen and Dave · Married on 08/27/2011

I had never been out to Pasadera but knew that was going to be the place I got married. It is just so beautiful and there is no place like it! Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the most beautiful places and everything was perfect about the location.

The staff is extremely accommodating and professional. Taylor Cady, the coordinator, was amazing to work with!! She listened and executed my vision, and returned all emails in a timely manner. I had no worries when it came to reception set up and execution because I knew she listened to what I wanted and I trusted her with things I wasn't 100% sure about.

The food was AMAZING and I have received so many compliments from my guests about how amazing all of the food was. Everything was perfect!!

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding day, all of my hard work and visions turned out perfect and I couldn't have done it without Taylor or the help of Pasadera! This truly is the best place to get married at!!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Maureen · Married on 04/30/2011

Pros:
    1) They worked with our budget and our requests! The best news to my ears were "I will make it work"
    2) Extremely flexible
    3) Nice staff and positive experience working with the event coordinator
    4) Beautiful facilities
    5) The standard chairs are chivari

Cons:
    1) Can't think of any!

We used Pasadera for our rehearsal dinner site and it was amazing. I would recommend this to any bride, hands down!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Ann · Married on 04/01/2017

My daughter got married here in April. Debbi and her staff were amazing. The food was outstanding and the service was very fast. They had a lot of servers and there wasn't any waiting. The venue was gorgeous and you basically get the whole place. I highly recommend The Nicklaus Club.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Elana · Married on 06/11/2016

We have our wedding planned here in June! So far the team here has been great. The venue was the prettiest we have seen (but we may be biased)...and what you get for the price is incomparable to other venues with the same packages. I totally would reccommend the Nicklaus club to anyone.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/18/2010

When I first went to Pasadera for dinner three years ago, I knew I would get married there. The club house is GORGEOUS and incomparable. I'm still receiving phone calls and emails from my wedding guests regarding the fabulous club house and beautiful decor.

Pasadera is not only beautiful, but the staff is extremely accommodating and professional. Dayna Alvey, the wedding coordinator was beyond helpful. She was a dream to work with...gave great advice and suggestions, listened and executed my vision, and returned all phone calls and emails in a timely manner. I had no worries when it came to reception set up and execution because Dayna was so reliable.
    The food was delicious and I have received so many compliments from my guests about how amazing the dinner, drinks, and appetizers were. Not too mention, the extremely friendly and courteous staff. We had to make a few changes, and the chef was more than willing to accommodate our requests.

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding day, or a more perfect reception location.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Heather · Married on 06/25/2016

4.2
      3.5
      2.5

Our experience leading up to our wedding in June was great. They were fairly responsive and very organized for the most part (although they had a lot of staff changes close to our wedding and there were times where I had to reach out to them or send reminders to even bill me!). The day went smoothly and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We got many compliments from our guests regarding the food too. However, come this December they stuck us with a bill that they failed to charge us AND wanted to charge us for food and drinks that people in the wedding party had gotten while at the venue before the wedding (that we were not aware of and would have handled differently if we had known). All in all the wedding day and venue was perfect, yet the sloppiness of failing to bill us for 6 months, never mentioning the added food until 6 months later AND asking us during the Christmas season to pay was very unprofessional. That experience makes me question their organization. If you are considering this venue keep in mind that you will have to stay on top of things to ensure things go smoothly during and after the wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Megan · Married on 07/26/2014

3.5
      3.0

The BEO was not followed. Charger plates were not placed on the tables.

Sent on 08/18/2014