Nick Doak, Classical Guitarist Reviews

86 Reviews for Nick Doak, Classical Guitarist

• Vince

Vince · Married on 07/06/2019

awesome live music

We hired Nick and his friend Brain Fitzy who plays Violin to perform at our wedding for the ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very easy to plan with and very responsive with everything we asked in the planning process. We picked them because they were able to play music beyond just a music list which all the other musicians had. They were able to play a wide range of music from oldies, alternative, and adult pop and excel in each area. They showed up early and were very response to direction from the venue staff about where to set up. During the cocktail hour we had a significant amount of guests tell us about how good their music was and how Nick and Brian were such a good combo. For anyone getting married who would like live music I would 100% recommend them to play at your wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful guitarist!

Nick was absolutely fantastic! We had him perform for our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was beautiful. For our ceremony we asked for him to sing a specific song for my procession and it was beautiful! The song had a lot of meaning in the lyrics so I was so happy that he did that. We also asked for a slightly different recessional song (Jurassic park theme) and our guests loved it! We also received many compliments of his performance during the cocktail hour. Nick is super friendly and responsive and extremely affordable. I highly recommend him if you are in need of a guitarist!!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Leandra

Leandra · Married on 11/09/2018

Everything was perfect! You must book Nick!!

Nick played for our ceremony and it was magical.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Erin · Married on 09/22/2018

Thank you Nick!

We hired Nick to play during our wedding ceremony and we couldn’t be happier with our decision to do so! He was so easy to work with and offered to learn a few specific songs we requested. He also sent us samples ahead of time to confirm everything sounded okay before the big day. We would highly recommend Nick as a professional guitarist to bring beautiful acoustic music to any wedding venue.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

9/1/18 wedding

Nick played for our ceremony and cocktail
    Hour at our wedding and he was seriously incredible. Planning with him was so simple and he made the process so easy. He was very responsive to all of our emails and questions. He has a wide range of music that he plays and will provide you with many suggestions for any songs you may need. We picked the specific music for our ceremony but for cocktail hour just gave him our “vibe”’with some artists and genres that we like and he crushed it! We received so many compliments on his music. Nick is also a very kind person and it was truly a pleasure to work with him! We would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Susan · Married on 07/06/2018

My husband and I are so thankful to have found Nick to play at our ceremony and cocktail hour. So many of our guests have commented on his amazing talent and how they really enjoyed listening to him play and sing at our cocktail hour. Nick was willing to learn 2 songs for us for our ceremony, and it made the ceremony extremely special for us. He was so easy to work with before hand as well. You will be lucky to have him play for you!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/20/2018

Nick did the music for our wedding ceremony and during our cocktail hour. He did an amazing job for all of it. He gave us some examples for what other couples had picked as far as processional music which ended up being a huge help because I had no idea what i wanted. Nick is definitely a man of incredible talent and I would definitely recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2018

s · Married on 03/17/2018

Nothing but praise for Nick Doak. Music was wonderful and exactly what I asked for. Very professional and I loved that the volume was just right. As for flexibility, the wedding reception was relocated at the last minute due to a fire at the original location. No problem for Nick. I notified him first thing morning of wedding and he was there on time and at the correct venue. No worries and I wouldn't hesitate to use his service again.

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Kailee

Kailee · Married on 01/20/2018

Nick was a pleasure to work with! He was professional, quick to respond, and accommodated all my requests. He played for our ceremony and cocktail hour and was a huge hit! Everyone loved him and I would highly recommend him for your wedding or any event!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Lisa · Married on 12/20/2017

Nick kept his promise of a stress-free and fun planning experience from start to finish. So glad we went with Nick for our ceremony and cocktail hour. All the guests were so impressed with his talent and musical selections. We can't believe all that sound came from just him--he sounded like a trio or full band. Among being professional and responsive, he was so easy going and accommodating. We definitely plan to use his services in the future!

Sadie · Married on 11/04/2017

Nick did a phenomenal job playing during my wedding ceremony. I wish we hired him for the cocktail hour as well! He knew how important the music to us and he did not disappoint. I was able to sneak out of the bridal suite for a second to listen to him play as guests arrived. He created a romantic flow, which was just what we wanted for our small winter wedding. Nick is a true professional you can count on, and an all around great guy.

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2017

We are so happy we found guitarist, Nick, and violinist, Brian Fitzgerald, for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so responsive and helpful for the whole process. We wanted some modern music for our ceremony, and Nick offered suggestions and advice that ultimately led us to unique songs that we'll associate with our wedding forever. The duo sounded fantastic and was so attentive to the timing of the ceremony. They added such a special touch to our cocktail hour, and all of our guests loved the music. They even able to accommodate song requests on the fly! Definitely reach out if you're considering their guitar/violin combo for your wedding!

Megan · Married on 10/13/2017

Nick was absolutely great! We hired him to play classical guitar for our outdoor wedding ceremony. He learned several new songs for a wedding, some that were quite out of the ordinary, and he was extremely professional about everything. He was the only classical guitar player we spoke with that could play in an outdoor ceremony with no temperature or weather restrictions, as long as we could keep his electrical equipment dry. His music was beautiful, and for the service he provides he comes at a really great value. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Lori · Married on 10/06/2017

We hired Nick for our Fall wedding and he was fantastic! We told Nick we weren't really looking for classical music...we wanted more of an edge and he definitely brought that to the table, playing us a super fun selection of pop music, love songs, and my husband's special request, Star Wars themes. We are a bit nerdy, and we were so glad Nick could accommodate our unique style! We hope to hire him for our family's annual Spring Bash in May. Thanks again Nick for your excellent services!

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2017

Nick is awesome! He's incredibly talented and is super laid back. I hired Nick to play the guitar and sing for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He played instrumental guitar and led a worship song during the ceremony and played acoustic Italian guitar for the cocktail hour. I was a little nervous because of how few questions he asked and how little he needed from me leading up to the wedding. But he did not disappoint. He delivered exactly what he promised and created the perfect atmosphere for my ceremony and cocktail hour. I even forgot to write him the check to give to him before he left and he kindly reminded me and was so patient and laid back about it all. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2017

kendall · Married on 07/08/2017

Nick was so wonderful to work with! He made our big day all the more special and we had so many compliments about his music afterward. Definitely recommend!

Mike · Married on 07/08/2017

Nick is the best! With his experience, he made every step of the process very simple. He was very accomodating. We requested specific songs that he had no problem learning for the wedding. He also recommended songs that ended up being perfect for the ceremony. We got so many compliments from our guests. 10/10 stongly recommend!

Mark · Married on 05/06/2017

I loved Nick Doak. He was extremely flexible when it came to song selection (the guy can play everything). He was able to accommodate last minute changes. He is such a gentleman and so professional that you will want to introduce him to everyone at the wedding. I would highly recommend Nick Doak.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Nick played guitar for us and our guests during our short outdoor wedding ceremony in May 2017. Nick was professional, accommodating and flexible throughout the whole process but especially with this bride's last minute decision making!! It seemed like there were endless songs in his repertoire... from current hits to old classics and everything in between. We would highly recommend Nick to any and all future brides and grooms!

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2017

Nick was just amazing during our wedding day! His music was so much fun on our big day, and he made it feel extra special. Nick was diligent and made every effort to bring forth the perfect ambiance for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and small reception. Nick, thank you for everything! We highly recommend your services!

Anthony · Married on 04/22/2017

Nick is a world class musician and was one of my groomsmen. I have known him for over a decade and can guarantee he will go above and beyond for your event. He took the time to learn my wife's favorite song for her to walk the isle. I do not just reccomend but insist you hire Nick to make your special day that more special. He is a true gentleman and a musical mastermind.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Deanna · Married on 11/13/2016

We used Nick for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We had so many compliments on how beautiful the music was and how personal it felt to have both Nick and Valerie playing. Nick was great about responding to every email and accommodated every request, and was very patient with me and all of my questions!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Ariana · Married on 10/22/2016

A wonderful guitarist! Nick did our ceremony music for us. We did not want traditional wedding music and Nick was open to all of my suggestions. Needless to say, he made my vision come to life with very little instruction or direction. While planning a wedding with so many details, it was truly a pleasure working with Nick as he is very laid back and communicates efficiently. Not only did we appreciate his communication with us, but I also appreciated his communication with our DJ. They both coordinated who was bringing what so we didn't have 2 sets of equipment. I would highly recommend Nick for any occasion!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Kerry · Married on 09/03/2016

It was SUCH a treat to have Nick play at our wedding! He did our ceremony and our cocktail hour and guests raved about his talented performance. He did an entire acoustic set of the Beatles for our cocktail hour which was a special request from my husband and me. It was flawless and I couldn't recommend him enough!! He was also SUPER easy to work with, always got back to me immediately through email and was just an overall joy. Thank you, Nick, for being a special part of our wedding!

Sent on 09/12/2016