Nick Benson Photography Reviews

41 | Bridgeport, CT

41 Reviews for Nick Benson Photography

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

If you absolutely want to be blown away with your photos look no farther! Nick was the best photographer. I felt so lucky to have had him as our photographer. He is professional, creative, and so talented. You can tell he loves what he does, and it shows big time! He thanked us for doing crazy things like our engagement shoot in the freezing cold during a snow storm, stepping threw some prickers at our wedding because the spot was going to create an unbelieveable background. Really I wanted to thank him for being so creative, and thinking outside the box to get unique shots!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Christina · Married on 09/26/2015

The number of superlatives I could rattle off to describe Nick and his team at Nick Benson Photography would never be enough to express how great they are or to describe our experience working with them! Deciding on vendors for your wedding can be an intimidating task as this is the team of people who will help create and capture that special day - particularly the photographers that will freeze that moment through images that you will have for a lifetime. With Nick and his team there is no worry! The minute you meet them, you know they are the perfect choice. Throughout the whole process there is transparency, open communication, and a thoughtful plan about how the day will flow. They scout out beautiful locations and share their ideas with you for additional input or approval that is always warmly welcomed.
    Nick, Becky and Ty are an unbelievable team that work seamlessly together. On your wedding day, there are so many moving parts that their calming energy and demeanor puts you at ease. There is not a single worry about how the pictures will turn out or if they are missing anything. They are all such talented artists with great vision that we knew everything would be more than what we could've expected. (and it was!) It was an absolute pleasure to work with them!
    Many of our friends and family came up to us after the wedding to ask about Nick and his team. Not only about how wonderful the photographers were during the wedding but how stunning the photos are that we all have had a glimpse to see so far. We are so excited to see the rest of the photos and to see our album come together! Thank you guys for everything - You are the best!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Christina,

Thank you so much for such an eloquently written and honest review. We appreciate all of your kind words! There are so many photographers in Connecticut to choose from and we can’t thank you enough for trusting us with such an important part of your day. You and Denis were so flexible and enjoyable to work with, we couldn’t have asked for more. Because you were so trusting in us, we were able to execute the artistic visions we had for your wedding. Weddings are beautiful and capturing them is truly our passion, but it is your love and partnership that inspire us to do what we do. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you. We can’t wait to show you all of your pictures!

Sincerely,

Nick Benson Photography

Jocelyn · Married on 08/08/2015

They made my wedding day such a blast ! I happened to be running a little late with hair and makeup and they assured me everything was fine. Any one can take photos but it takes a special kind of skill to capture moments and that's what they did. I hardly knew where they were all night but in the best way possible. They captured pictures that I didn't even know they were around to get. Even though we had impromptu family pictures that weren't supposed to happen they accepted the challange and we still managed to get all the bridal party and bride and groom pictures we wanted. They worked with us not only the whole day but I almost believe the whole time up until the actual day. They even worked with the DJ and did a slide show of some of the pictures to share with us and all our guests. There was a moment that night were they snuck me and my husband away from the guests for a little and took pictures while the sun was setting they came out absolutely beautiful & it was such a nice break from all the crazy going on inside. They have the best packages you can imagine and will customize to your specific needs. They are the nicest group to work with and they will be the greatest asset to any wedding. I highly recommend them. Thanks Nick, Becky, & Ty for all the amazing pictures and for a day I will never forget.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Nick and his crew photographed our wedding this weekend and wanted to write a review while the experience was still fresh in my mind. Working with them was amazing. They were so thorough, organized, creative, understanding and professional throughout the planning process. They made my husband and I feel comfortable both leading up to and on the day of our wedding. Their energy was so calming and the ideas they had for pictures were both fun and amazing. We have has a few sneak pics that have blown our minds. Without a date booking with Nick was one if the best choices we made for our wedding. You can do research for weeks in photographers but I suggest you stop right now because these guys are top notch.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Lauren · event on: 06/19/2015

Perfectly professional, organized, and timely. Will and have recommend them to anyone in need of a photographer.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Kimberly · Married on 06/12/2015

Having Nick and his team at Nick Benson Photography shoot our wedding was the best decision we made! Nick has great and creative ideas for photos, and cares so much about what he does. He went to our venue the week before the wedding so he could scope it out and find the best places for us to take pictures! He even found this hidden area, and the picture he took of us there is one of our favorites! He genuinely loves what he does, and his team, Ty & Becky, are amazing. We had so much fun working with all of them! The photos we received from Nick Benson Photography are absolutely beautiful and creative, I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten on them! I am so thankful to have such beautiful memories of my wedding day! :)

Sent on 07/01/2015

Denise · event on: 03/22/2015

Nick Benson was wonderful to work with. Called for a photographer last minute and he cancelled his plans in order to help me out and photograph my sons baptism. So glad I found him. My pictures look amazing! Thanks again for everything Nick!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Stunningly beautiful photos and a pleasure to work with, even for this camera-shy couple. He goes the extra mile to make sure the photos are perfect.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Kirstin · Married on 12/20/2014

We cannot speak highly enough of Nick! We had some concerns about how everything was going to get done in such a short amount of time (we planned our wedding in six weeks) but after the first conversation we had, the photographer was quickly taken off of our list of things to worry about. The things that impressed us the most? His organization, attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and sheer quality.

His correspondence included every bit of information that we may have needed to know about our event or about how he would be handling the business on his end. He was also very clear from the beginning about what his services include (he can do practically everything). He provided a schedule for the day of the event as well as a time frame for when we would see a final product and was always either on-time or a little early. He asked substantive questions and made it clear that he was just as invested as we were; we never felt as though we were just a job to him. We are not professional photographers by any means so we were more than happy to give Nick and Becky the freedom to do what they do. And boy was it worth it.

On the day of the wedding, Nick and Becky touched base with us and then worked their magic. We’re not sure how but they were everywhere! The moments they captured were incredible and the the quality was exactly what we wanted. He had some shots in mind that he wanted to take and we were so happy with how they came out. When we received the photos in the mail, the personalized USB drive (glass and wood) inside a stunning black box was the ultimate cherry on top.

We've already referred Nick to at least a handful of friends and family members who are getting married or having bridal/baby showers this year. We won’t be looking elsewhere for a photographer, that’s for sure.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Nick Benson Photography's reply:

Kirstin, I am absolutely speechless. All of your kind words and compliments really mean a lot to us, and it’s so gratifying to receive such meaningful recognition for all of our hard work.

I’m very glad everything worked out as well as it did, especially when we met each other just two week before your wedding! There were absolutely no hiccups, and you did such a great job putting everything together in such a short amount of time. Thank you for your trust, your willingness to go out the freezing cold for some awesome photos, and for taking the time to write such a nice and thorough write up for us. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and Erin, and you two are so lucky to have met each other!

- Nick

Nick and Ty were very professional. They worked with us to develop a package that gave us what we needed at a price we could afford. Ty showed up earlier than we had agreed and left later - he put in the extra effort the day of the event, which we really appreciated. And of course, most importantly, the photos came out great! We had a great overall experience and would recommend Nick and Ty without hesitation.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Erica · Married on 09/13/2014

Nick Benson is an absolutely amazing photographer. He captured all of the best moments in picture. I will be recommending him to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Nick Benson Photography's reply:

Erica, we are honored that you chose to include us on such an important day of your life! Although it rained, that didn't hold us back from venturing out onto the green at the Grassy Hill Country Club. Your willingness to brave the wet grass and the possibility of ruining your heels showed that you were committed to capturing the perfect image of your day, just like we were! We can't wait to see what the future holds for you & Dan! We wish you all the best in your marriage.

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot say enough great things about the experience we had in choosing Nick Benson Photography to capture our wedding. The months and days leading up to the wedding, Nick was always there to answer my every question. He came up with great ideas such as parks/locations to take pictures at between the ceremony and reception. When the forecast called for rain on our wedding day, Nick had a plan B and called me to reassure me that the day would be perfect no matter what, and that he was going to be prepared with umbrellas. The day of our wedding, Nick and his team were extremely professional, organized, and hardworking. All of those great qualities aside, Nick's photography work is incomparable. He has an artistic eye and captured our wedding in the most beautiful way. At the reception, Nick and his team put together a slideshow of pictures from earlier that day to show to us and all of our guests. We continue to receive compliments from our guests, who said they had never seen wedding pictures more beautiful than the ones Nick and his team captured. It was an absolute pleasure working with Nick!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Nick Benson Photography's reply:

Ashley, we truly appreciate you taking the time out of your hectic schedule to write such a rewarding and in-depth review for us! We put an immense amount of time into each wedding to formulate a plan to work off of. All of our efforts are focused on following through with that plan and making sure we are prepared for whatever the day may throw at us. We pride ourselves on our communication skills because we know that when it comes down to it, this is your day, not ours; we are just lucky to be a part of it. A lot of people probably wouldn't expect their photographer to double as a "day of" coordinator, but at least we know we have done our part to ensure that the day is a success for everyone. The secret to the 'perfect' wedding is the attitude and patience of the bride. You were so flexible and calm on your big day, even when the clouds threatened to shower us, our equipment, and most importantly your beautiful wedding party. Unique brides like you make our job worth doing. You allowed us to test the limits and walk away with some of our favorite images we have captured thus far. We can't thank you enough for letting us be such an important part of your day. We were honored for you to call us your photographers. We look forward to many more photographic endeavors with you in the future!

Heather · Married on 07/11/2014

Nick Benson Photography was amazing! They worked so hard and their work is incredible! I can't wait to use them again in the future!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Nick Benson Photography's reply:

Thank you, Heather! We are honored to have been part of your big day, and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Maura · Married on 06/27/2014

Nick was not only our photographer, but he has become our close friend. He has such an artistic ability, and went above and beyond to capture our engagement photos and our wedding ceremony and reception. I missed a few pictures in the rush of the day and Nick made sure to make it a point to recapture those missed shots. He responds in a timely manor, is professional and the amount of compliments I have received from people seeing is work has been wonderful and reassuring. So happy we chose him!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Nick Benson Photography's reply:

Thank you Maura for such an honest and kind-hearted review! Everyone knows that weddings can be hectic and it is easy to forget certain detail shots that you wanted to capture. We were happy to accomodate the requests you had after the wedding and hope that you love the shots of your 'Something Blue'. You and Victor were a pleasure to work with and we look forward to doing many more photo shoots with you & your family in the future!

Angi K. · Married on 06/22/2019

Super professional, easy to work with, beautiful photos

Nick was a paramount professional - super responsive, easy to work with, wanted details about exactly what we were looking for, and provided details about timing, turn-around, and what he could and could not provide. And, he delivered! His photos are absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Nick and Becky were extremely helpful and did an excellent job with engagement photos as well as wedding photos. I would recommend this vendor to friends!

Sent on 05/28/2015