Nice Entertainment Reviews

Nice Entertainment 5
Nice Entertainment 6
Nice Entertainment 7

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2013

Hans and his crew were so awesome!! All of our guests had a blast including the groom and I:) We had a Sunday wedding and NO ONE left early they were having such a great time. We used the DJ, sax, and, percussionist. It was amazing. Choosing to work with Hans was one of the best decision I made about the big day. He played all of our favorites and his website is super easy to use. Everyone should use him, they are the BEST!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Eric · Married on 05/27/2013

Nice Guys DJ did a fantastic job on our wedding! Hans was very fun and professional and was able to get people up and involved even at our very small wedding (~45 people). He had great recommendations for music and knew exactly how to create the contemporary vibe we wanted. "Nice Guy" is an understatement....I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Stacy · Married on 05/11/2013

Nice Guys DJ traveled all the way to NC to be at my wedding! He wasn't able to make the rehearsal so we skyped back and forth to cover all the details and the ceremony and reception music was exactly what I wanted and he didn't miss a beat! He provided mics for my musician and soloist as well as a mic for the officiant and the groom so that everyone could hear the vows! He researched the bluegrass genre to find music to play before the ceremony and helped me come up with good songs to play during key moments at the reception. He also got my wedding guests going even getting out on the dance floor with them to get the party started! The online forms he has for brides to fill out makes choosing music much less stressful! You won't go wrong with a group that is so dedicated to giving the bride exactly what she wants and they truly have your best interest at heart! Well worth it!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Hans is the BEST DJ around! My husband and I were thrilled to him DJ our reception- he really did bring the party!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2013

Hans was an AMAZING DJ and very easy to work with. He has you fill out a few things before the wedding so he can figure out your style and wants to know exactly what you want for your wedding reception. One of my bridesmaids told me the other day that our wedding reception was one of the most fun receptions she had been to in a while... I owe a lot of that to Nice Guys DJ!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Courtney · Married on 04/19/2013

I was referred to NiceGuys DJ by my wedding planner WeTieKnots. It was such a pleasure working with Hans. They have a truly diverse mix of service offerings. We used Hans for the lapel mic for the pastor, cocktail hour, and reception. We chose Hans because he was more than a wedding DJ. He has knows how to spin and mix music just like a club DJ so you don't have awkward breaks in songs and he was great at keeping the momentum going.

Hans was excellent at reading our diverse crowd, jumping in and dancing with us, and was great at getting people involved and dancing. I would highly recommend them for any event that you want a good mix of music!

We also used the photo booth option that they offer. This was awesome! It was so much cheaper than renting a photo booth and didn't take away from our wedding photographer.

Sent on 05/24/2013
  • Aram

Aram · Married on 10/13/2012

Our best man referred Hans to DJ our wedding this past October, and it was the best decision we've made! Nice Guys DJ are absolutely fantastic to work with. Hans is incredibly professional, reliable and delivers to everything he promised, to every last detail. As a bride, I had full confidence leading up to the wedding day. You know it's a great party when the crowd boos the DJ for shutting down the dance floor! Our family and friends had a wonderful memorable evening thanks to Hans, and we're looking forward to hosting our next wild party with Nice Guys DJ!!!

Sent on 05/21/2013
  • NovemberBride16

Lyndsey · Married on 11/12/2016

These guys go ABOVE and BEYOND! My wedding day would not have been HALF as fun without DJ Roman! Our reception was AMAZING. The dance floor was always crowded and the party did not stop. Roman and I would keep in contact with each other via email, phone calls or text. Very responsive! The planning tool is great and made me feel better knowing exactly what was going to be played, when and how. I would recommend these guys to anyone looking for a great party!

Sent on 12/12/2016
  • Tonya

Tonya · Married on 10/11/2014

The booking process with these guys is easy and you can add your songs online which is much better than trying to make a list and hand it off to someone. If you aren’t sure which songs you want, they give lots of suggestions which is also really helpful.

David was our DJ. I had some unique and difficult requests for our wedding and reception music. David met them all and we had a great time. He was fun, professional, and our guests really liked him.

The only thing that kept them from being perfect was response time. It took a few days to get a response. I did eventually get a response, and when they did answer, I got exactly what I needed. The day of the wedding, David was on time and everything was perfect .

I would recommend these guys to anyone and would use them again!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Doug · Married on 09/13/2014

Only issue was. When he introduced us he didn't know right a way what the brides name was.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Courtney · Married on 12/17/2016

3.5

Hans is the man!!!! We will always have the best memories from our reception because of the great dance party he helped create. He kept our guests dancing, was very interactive, and arrived very early for set up to make the day go smoothly. We loved the lights he provided and appreciated his willingness to play what we wanted for our ceremony.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Fantastic!! I hired Nice Guys for my September 20, 2014 wedding in Highlands, NC. Evan played the music for my reception and did such a great job! There were guests of all ages and he kept everyone dancing and on the floor the whole time! He couldn't have been nicer and did an excellent job of playing all requests and reading the crowd's reaction! I would definitely recommend Nice Guys for your event!! My wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

3.5

We booked NICE Entertainment and loved our interactions with the administrators of this organization. Everyone we spoke to up until a DJ was assigned to us what very accommodating and left us feeling confident in our choice. While there were a couple of minor glitches with the DJ, overall he performed very well and was perfect for the event. We especially loved the client portal feature that NICE offers. This mechanism helped us centralized our decision-making, offer us suggestions, and overall reassure us that our requests would be fulfilled. While on the clock, the DJ did a phenomenal job of reading the crowd and keeping the party going. While the DJ was late to setup (by more than an hour), this did not impact our event in any way. Finally, once the professional services were complete, the DJ did make some questionable personal choices which were a bit off-putting to us. As an organization, NICE was great to deal with.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Nice Entertainment's reply:

Hi Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about the DJ being late... and VERY interested in the questionable personal choices. Who was the DJ? Also, let's set up a phone call as soon as possible. 404-396-7303.

Meagan · Married on 10/14/2017

4.2

We booked the Peachtree Package for our wedding in October and were not disappointed! I was a little nervous because I hadn't heard any of Nice's DJs perform before but trusted the reviews and I'm so glad we chose them! Jon was our DJ and did a fantastic job! He read the audience perfectly - everyone from our friends in their 20s/30s to our parents and grandparents were impressed. When it was time for our exit at the end of the night our friends didn't want to stop dancing so Jon played a few extra songs for them after we left to keep the party going. Talk about a winner!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Veronica · Married on 12/27/2014

3.6
      3.5

I worked with Nice Guys for two events (wedding & NYE party) and was pleased with both events. My biggest complaint is that our wedding DJ did not play many of our "must play" songs and mispronounced our name, which is a big deal when you are announcing the newlyweds into the reception. Otherwise, our wedding DJ (Travis) did an great job getting to know our guests and was very friendly; our NYE DJ (Evan) was incredible with our requests and played well beyond our requested event timeframe. Overall, our NYE DJ seemed much more prepared for the occasion.

Aside from their DJ services, we also requested a photo booth. During the reception the photo booth printer stopped functioning but we were able to e-mail the photos directly to the guests. I have yet to see all of these photos but from what I've seen they were a great hit!

Sent on 01/05/2015
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 05/17/2019

3.4
      2.0

Business side? Bleh, Delivery? Good

I have a really split review of Nice Entertainment - business wise, they really frustrated me. But, ultimately, my wedding day DJ needs were met and everything went fine.

Business "Office": In October 2018, I signed my contract with Nice after some correspondence with my then assigned DJ, Christian. I shared that my venue's contract required that I produce evidence of both a current business license and insurance and I was reassured that wasn't a problem. They had DJ'ed at my venue plenty of times before. In the socialization/contracting process, they tout that it's rare for your DJ to be reassigned. You guessed it. Christian disappeared and I was never contacted with any explanation. It ended up not being a big deal, but it didn't ease my nerves.

So fast forward to the Spring, and poor Paul is stuck helping me round up the insurance and license documents. Insurance was easy enough.

Getting a copy of their business license was an entirely different issue. After being send a link to the GA Sec of State website showing that Nice had a business status of "Admin. Dissolved/Nonpayment" AFTER waiting and asking several times, I was less than pleased. The fact that I was even sent that link and then had to point out the issue to them told me that attention to detail was lacking. I sent them an equivalent example of what I needed from my florist, so I really couldn't understand why it was such a challenge. But, the cherry on top was when I was forwarded an email thread where Nice's CEO said the following: "It’s a yearly thing we pay for, and obviously he didn’t get paid last year. I called the other day and was on hold for five hours. I’ll call back again today and get it straightened out. What in the world is this bride need with a business secretary of state license. We don’t need a license like a caterer this is kind of weird. But I will get it to you today. "

Mind you, my wedding was less than three weeks away at this point, and I had been sending them reminders on this request for a month and a half. My patience and sympathy had worn out. For the record, I never got a copy of their business license and I was stressed out about it the whole time... Even if the document wasn't ultimately needed for companies without a brick and mortar location, Hans should have handled this better.

Actual DJ and Day of: I had a few missed connections with Paul. We are both professionals with full time jobs, so it was somewhat understandable that he missed an appointment to call me on a work day, but in light of the above, eh. We ultimately connected and Paul was courtesy and respectful. Nice's portal is user-friendly as well. I give the day-of music a B+...not really sure where "Achy Breaky Heart" came from given my "Play if Possible" selections were full of Mumford and the like. But, I guess Billy Ray Cyrus is making a comeback? My husband thought it was funny it and a few of my guests laughed and asked me about it later. Paul was great in getting everyone mic'ed up for the ceremony and generally helping my evening to flow. We had a diverse crowd age-wise and I felt Paul listened to my request to prioritize playing music suitable for all generations. All in all, I would hire Paul again.

Given the business side of things though, I'm not so sure I got a great value for my money. I could have mitigated this headache by getting the documents I needed before signing my contract. Live and learn.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Sandra Rosati · Married on 11/17/2018

1.8

Don't do it!

Music is a huge part of your day, don't let them ruin it. It was an awful feeling to watch it happen during my day, I would hate for this to happen to another bride. I've cried about it and now I'm just mad, it should have never happened.
    We were told the two part band would play during cocktail hour, they did not. There was NO MUSIC during cocktail hour, absolutely unacceptable and there are no excuses. The DJ turned a playlist on during dinner and left so we had no way of telling him (which we shouldn't have had to, he should have noticed) that you could not hear a thing. Every guest I have asked said they never heard music until later in the evening when he started playing awful songs I never requested. He also jumped from slow to dance then back to slow. People had no idea what he was doing. And last but not least, he forgot to have microphones for us during the ceremony so I'm pretty certain nobody heard our vows. My family doesn't want me
    To be more upset than I am
    So they keep saying they heard the vows but I'm well aware it was impossible to hear in that room.
    Brides... don't let this happen to you! They seemed really nice on the phone but they ruined my day. Music is too important in a wedding. Guests starting leaving because there wasn't really anything happening with the music and the dj didn't do anything to try to get people to dance.
    It was truly awful and I'm still upset when I think
    About it. I spent over a year planning every detail of our event and I couldn't believe this happened.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Nice Entertainment's reply:

Sandra, I’m very sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. I try to go above and beyond to provide a top notch service. There were no signs the day of your wedding that anything was wrong. If you had a problem with the volume, you should have asked your planner or me. I find this review a complete shock. The dance floor was packed. Everyone looked like they had fun. I’m speechless and so very sorry we didn’t meet your needs.

Alex · Married on 11/18/2016

1.0

I do not enjoy leaving a bad review - I wish I had the experience of most throughout this thread, but after my initial meeting with Hans, I was tossed around to several different people in the planning process with response times taking weeks at a time. My DJ didn't communicate with me until 2 days prior to the wedding and on the day of, we had several of our must-play songs completely skipped over. Our photo booth malfunctioned during the reception and guests left with having to duct tape their photos together. The worst part was that I was told all my video footage (and nine other couples) was lost on an irreparable hard drive...FIVE months after our wedding and after several attempts to follow up myself but with lazy response on their side. I would advise any bride and groom to look elsewhere for the most important day of their life. There are so many other affordable options. These kind of mistakes are extremely amateur and they all happened at one wedding, and the customer service proved they need take a step back and evaluate who they hire and why they entered this business.

Sent on 07/12/2017
  • F

Levi · Married on 06/02/2017

0.4
      0.5

My wife and I purchased the Peachtree Package; DJ Reception Music/Large Sound System/Moving Dance Lights/Ceremony Music/Mic Officiant/Cocktail Hour Music/and Photo Booth (e) Addons (if any): Videography for $2400.

The dj service was great and the photbooth was great as well. And I assume our videography was great before it was deleted. As a newlywed couple anxious to see everything from the wedding we were extremely disappointed after hearing our wedding footage was deleted. Shortly after the wedding we received an email saying they were waiting on usb drives to come in and then they would send the footage. Months go by never get anything so we check with them and were told it was sent but in reality they could provide no proof it was. The whole situation was handled extremely poorly and before deleting our footage someone should have made sure it was copied and sent to us. We were then insulted with an offer of $100.00 refund. That’s when I became involved and talked to Hans personally and he said they would take the hard drive to geek squad to have it recovered.. again months go by and I received a video via text with an update that my files were retrieved but would not open and they were still working on it. Well June 2nd 2018 our year anniversary comes around and I’m kinda curious what the status is so I texted Hans and got a reply basically that he forgot all about it and would look into the next day.. I’ve sent a couple emails since then and have heard nothing back. I feel like the whole situation was handled very poorly and I would recommend anyone looking to do business with nice entertainment to keep in mind how our wedding footage was so carelessly handled.

Review update

Hans the owner contacted me a day afte I leave bad reviews.. all footage was unrecoverable. All he had was an apology.. after looking on here someone posted with the same issues saying 9 other couples were involved with losing there wedding footage.Contact me for group lawsuit

Sent on 07/31/2018

Nice Entertainment's reply:

Levi, thank you for your review. Our goal is to exceed everyones expectations and make every event amazing! We love our clients and their guests - so your input is very valuable to us.

As mentioned in your review, you purchased the Peachtree Package that came with a DJ (thanks for saying it was great btw) and a photo booth (which was a hit). You also added on a videography service for an “add-on".

After the wedding, the raw video footage was edited into an 8 minute highlight film and sent to you via Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/221539714.

Just to confirm; DJ was great, photo booth was great, and videography highlight film was great.

Where we dropped the ball, and I take full responsibility, was… when we mailed the raw footage to you, the raw footage was not received. Our videographer deleted the raw footage from his external hard drive thinking the job had been completed. A month later, you let us know you never received the raw footage - which completely shocked us and broke our hearts. We took this matter seriously and sent the hard drive to several data recovery centers to see if we could recover the files. This process took several months. Once we determined the raw footage could not be recovered, we gave you a full refund of the videography service. I’m deeply sorry we lost the raw footage.