Newport Aquarium Reviews

Newport Aquarium 6
Newport Aquarium 7

Chca Prom · Married on 05/18/2019

Great venue for a prom!

The Aquarium staff was helpful and professional. We hope to have many more proms at the Newport Aquarium.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Hicks · Married on 04/13/2019

Best.Day.EVER!!!!!

Our special day was amazing! Stress free, beautiful and so much fun! Having our wedding at the Newport Aquarium was amazing! The setting was beautiful, the food was excellent and after the reception, we were able to let our guest enjoy a fun walk through to see everything! Allison Sweet and her staff are excellent and I would do it all over again, EXACTLY the same way!!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Newport Aquarium's reply:

Thank you, Cheryl for the review! We appreciate your kind words, and very happy that your day was everything you wanted it to be!

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2018

Our experience with the aquarium was great - from showing initial interest to having our wedding there until the very end of the wedding. Dee was just spectacular and right before our wedding they were transitioning to a new wedding coordinator. Dee remained involved all the way through and Allison was great taking things over. They really worked well together and Dee was very thorough to make sure nothing was missed during the transition. All of our guests loved the venue as well and it really has it all - the aquarium experience with such a classy reception room and the best view of the Cincinnati skyline. Would highly recommend this as a wedding spot.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/08/2018

Everything was fantastic, the people, the venue, everything. We could not have been happier! I’ve never had someone be able to put me at ease as quickly and easily as Dee did. We only wish we had more time to enjoy the wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Newport Aquarium 8
    Newport Aquarium 9
    Newport Aquarium 10
    Newport Aquarium 11

Brittany · Married on 07/14/2018

The first and only venue we looked at! The aquarium brought everything to the table. A gorgeous ballroom, city view, access to the entire aquarium! Dee was an absolute please to work with and made every step of the way easy! It couldn’t have been a more perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Newport Aquarium 12
    Newport Aquarium 13
    Newport Aquarium 14
    Newport Aquarium 15
    Newport Aquarium 16
    Newport Aquarium 17

Megan · Married on 06/09/2018

It was worth every penny. The service was undeniably amazing. Dee and her staff treated my husband and I (and my parents!) with the highest of respect and service. If something needs to be done even last minute, they were on top of it. It made my wedding day in every single way perfect. I cannot even think of one thing that went wrong at my wedding. So if a couple is looking for perfection, the Newport Aquarium is the way to go. I cannot brag about them enough.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Newport Aquarium's reply:

Thank you Megan for the wonderful review! We are very happy for you, and truly wish you both many blessings! Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your big day!

Susan · Married on 05/19/2018

Beautiful venue with a breathtaking view of Cincinnati. Excellent staff, easy to work with and everything was right on schedule during the event. The guests really enjoyed visiting the aquarium during cocktail hour and it was open again after dinner. Event room is very nice and looked sharp when setup. The price was higher than some other venues, but after seeing how much everyone enjoyed the place, it was a good decision. Plus did not spend much on decorations or extra entertainment beyond the DJ and the consumption bar package was reasonable. The photographer took some great pictures inside the aquarium and against the skyline. In summary, Dee the coordinator at this venue really took care of everything and as parents we were able to sit back and enjoy the reception.

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Newport Aquarium 18
    Newport Aquarium 19

Newport Aquarium's reply:

Susan, thank you so very much for the wonderful review. We had such a wonderful time working with all of you, and seeing Tori and Austin enjoy their day was icing on the cake. Many blessings for all of you!

Tiffany · Married on 11/01/2017

The team was absolutely amazing

Sent on 11/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

I don't even know where to begin with this, we had our wedding and reception at the Aquarium and we truly couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Dee and the staff make this the perfect venue that it is. They were constantly 3 steps ahead of us for anything we could ever want or need on the months leading up to, during and even after our wedding. One way I can think of to describe our experience would be what I think a high dollar Disney wedding would be like. You truly can't put a value on the fact that our entire family and all the guests did not have to do anything for the wedding, everyone is able to be 100% completely present with you in the moment and thats something that we found to be just priceless. My wife has mentioned many times already that she is sad that the wedding has come and gone now, because we won't be able to see Dee and the rest of the staff as much anymore, and I have to agree, they are all so amazing at the aquarium and you leave your event gaining friends at the end. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day, and Dee and the staff are 100% responsible for making our day what it was, and we will always cherish the wonderful memories of the wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Newport Aquarium 20

Meredith · Married on 10/21/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Dee is an amazing wedding coordinator and made the process so easy for us. Thank you-it was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/17/2017
    Newport Aquarium 21
    Newport Aquarium 22
    Newport Aquarium 23
    Newport Aquarium 24
    Newport Aquarium 25

Gretchen · Married on 10/12/2017

Everything was wonderful. All the guests loved the venue and enjoyed exploring the Aquarium during the evening.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Kristy · Married on 10/07/2017

The Newport Aquarium team, led by Dee, is AMAZING. So extremely helpful and flexible. My husband and I planned the wedding from overseas and they made themselves available to whenever we could talk through plans. I didn't even have to think about a wedding planner because Dee and company took care of so many details for us, especially with all the other venders! Could not have had a better experience. Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

We had our wedding and reception here and it couldn't have been any better! Dee was our organized and she did an AMAZING job. She was with us every step of the way. Our day was very special and we're so glad we chose the Aquarium.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Christen · Married on 09/16/2017

Working with Dee and her team at the Newport Aquarium was so much fun! So much stress came off of me when we signed our contract. Dee was very easy to work with and made my new husband and I feel so special. She made us feel like we were such good friends of hers and it made it so easy to communicate with her. We made some changes to our timeline the day before the wedding and she was understanding and never complained. She is truly an amazing person and I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with to make our wedding the best day of our lives.

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Newport Aquarium 26
    Newport Aquarium 27
    Newport Aquarium 28
    Newport Aquarium 29

Jacki · event on 08/26/2017

We had 560 people at our event and the Newport Aquarium Event planners were amazing. the event went off without a hitch and they were also very helpful before the event with planning and setup. Kudos to Dee and her team!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Danica · event on 08/14/2017

Truly above and beyond in every way! We hosted a large employee "meet & greet" style reception here in the Riverside Room and the staff were incredibly accommodating and helpful! From helping us out with custom signage, to selecting the perfect menu for our event, they were on top of every detail. They even made sure our guests had tickets for our raffle! Truly, I think they need to be on OUR payroll! In all seriousness, one of the most fantastic teams I've ever worked with. Every single person I encountered was willing to help out however they could.

The staff I worked with were obviously very experienced in handling mid- to large-sized events, and made the preliminary event planning seamless, promptly sending over floor plans, centerpiece photos, handling A/V needs, etc.

The menu selection (we did the Whale Package for a variety of heavy hors d'oeuvres) wasn't terribly extensive, but we were able to get some delicious variety since their fabulous chef was accommodating enough to add a specialty item for us to complete our desired menu.

The venue was lovely and perfectly set up for large events like this. Our guests were able to explore the aquatic exhibits before the main part of the evening, then head to the Riverside Room and adjoining patio for the evening where they could enjoy a gorgeous sunset over the Ohio River and city skyline.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to host a mid-to large event in the area. An A+ on all fronts!

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/05/2017

Dee and her team were fantastic! We felt very well taken care of and things ran as smoothly as we could have hoped for a wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Matthew · Married on 07/15/2017

My wife and I had an amazing wedding thanks to the Newport Aquarium. The wedding coordinator there, Dee Hornbeck, is absolutely amazing and was very accommodating to all of our needs. She helped make the wedding planning process for us less stressful. Additionally, the view of the Cincinnati skyline from the Newport Aquarium is stunning. Many of our guests told us, as well as members of our family, that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to. We are so happy that we chose the Newport Aquarium for our wedding and wish our wedding night didn't go so fast! We would highly recommend the Newport Aquarium to host your wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Shari · Married on 12/11/2016

Our event was a company holiday party, not a wedding, but they did an amazing job. The event was fantastic, fun and unique. We had requested the penguin encounter and it was huge success and I would definitely recommend it. The event coordinator and the staff were beyond professional and friendly. Our coordinator thought of everything and was very eager to help with anything she could. Our event was a huge success and our staff came back to work on Monday with everyone talking about it and how much fun they had and what a great place the Aquarium was to host the event. We also used the Aquarium's catering and the food was great! Everyone was commenting on how good everything was, especially the desserts. Everyone working our event went out of their way to make sure we all enjoyed our event. I would highly recommend holding an event at their facility.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Hilary · Married on 10/23/2016

There is nobody on Earth better for this than Dee Hornback at the Newport Aquarium. It's like she is magic how she makes everything happen and goes out of her way to make everything perfect. I can't even list all of the incredible ways that she helped me. All I can say is that as the bride, there were a lot of things that I needed and there were a few hiccups along the way (by fault of the bridal party) that Dee and her team took care of instantly and efficiently. Any time day or night that I reached out to her, she was prompt and kind and so helpful in her responses to me. Dee somehow managed to be constantly at my side when I needed her, all while keeping an entire aquarium full of guests happy and organized. The aquarium itself as a venue was amazing. We paid extra to have Paula the penguin make an appearance for about 20 minutes. Guests could pet her and take pictures with her. This is something everyone remembered and loved! Everyone loved the wedding and a lot of them said it was the best, most beautiful wedding they had ever been to! The Newport Aquarium was well worth the money. This was the most important day of my life, the biggest celebration I will ever hold for so many people to enjoy, and I can't imagine having had it anywhere else.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Hilary · Married on 10/23/2016

Sent on 11/15/2016

Alexandria · Married on 08/27/2016

Since the day we emailed the aquarium, they have been extremely helpful and always quick to respond. The wedding was beautiful! Dee was our event coordinator and she made sure everything was decorated how we wanted and the wedding went perfectly!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Mandy · Married on 08/26/2016

Absolutely amazing experience! Dee and the rest of the staff made sure that not only our wedding was perfect but our whole process. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Kelsey · Married on 07/08/2016

Having our wedding on July 8th at the Newport Aquarium was the best decision we could have made. We knew that guests would be fascinated by the unique venue, but they were beyond excited to see our wedding there. Everyone was so impressed and we had such a great time - no one was bored and kids were entertained all night by the wildlife! Our wedding is so memorable and unique - we loved it! Huge shout out to Pam (in the sales office) for giving us the tour that made us choose this venue and to Dee for being the best coordinator and helping us with every detail!

Sent on 07/20/2016