NewCity Entertainment Reviews

31 | Anchorage, AK

31 Reviews for NewCity Entertainment

31 NewCity Entertainment Reviews

Jordan · Married on 07/07/2018

Michael was the perfect choice for out wedding! He was attentive to the needs of the venue, the event, and us as a couple. He helped keep the party going and ensured everyone was happy and dancing the whole time. We had a special dance with music we cut ourselves- The great part was that he was able to take it from me the day of and play it for us! I didn't have to worry about a timeline of getting him the music. I was able to walk in day of and hand it off. The photo booth was awesome and we love having access to the photos taken. A few malfunctions with it, but that's to be expected with technology.... Thank you Michael!

Highly encourage anyone looking for an awesome DJ to check out Newcity!

Jenna · Married on 06/01/2018

I have had the pleasure of working with Michael through my work. When my husband and I started planning our wedding, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind who we were going with. Not only is he incredibly easy to work with, he is fun, professional, he listens to what you want your day to look like and he makes sure you stay on schedule so your guests can enjoy the day with you. Michael, you are incredibly talented and passionate and we appreciate everything you have done for us!

Chris · Married on 05/26/2018

We chose Mike on a recommendation from a family friend. We could not be happier with our choice for our wedding. He was informative, professional and extremely helpful. He met with us twice in person prior to the wedding to ensure that we were prepared and most of all satisfied. He, and is assistant (Derek, I hope I'm spelling that right) were amazing. We had some changes on the day of the wedding and Mike was able to handle the situation perfectly. His ability to read a crowd, as well as being attentive to us and our guests was top-notch. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Beth · Married on 09/23/2017

Mike was phenomenal. He was very helpful beforehand in determining our wedding day timeline. He kept the crowd up and dancing and was able to respond quickly to changes as we requested them. I would highly recommend NewCity.

Danica · Married on 12/31/2016

Mike made our wedding day flow! He consistently would check in during the reception with updates and what's to come next. Not only did he keep everything coordinated with the vendor and my photographer, he set up a beautiful fabric draping over our dance floor! The best money we spent on the entire wedding was the PHOTO BOOTH! Everyone had so much fun pairing up to get their pictures taken, plus it instantly printed pictures for guests to take home and posted on social media for us to look at later. Don't be afraid to ask Mike for something because he will go above and beyond to make it work for you on your day!

Ashley · Married on 12/04/2016

Mike did absolutely everything he could to make our wedding a success. We are still getting calls and messages about how amazing and fun our wedding was. Mike handled everything and I didn't need to worry about the entertainment or keeping people amused. He coordinated everything for us and all we had to do was show up and have fun with our guest. His customer service is outstanding and he answers all questions quickly. He definitely did not leave us hanging at any point. Thank you Mike and NewCity for making our special day truly a dream come true!

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2016

They have great music and really talented DJs who make any event fun.

Caitlin · Married on 07/30/2016

We knew we wanted our wedding to be very low key and "cozy". We thought it would be easy enough to run the show ourselves, get on the mic to direct events and explain to our guests what would happen next. I sent this company a message asking for some advice and by luck they happened to have free time on our big day and it was a last minute decision to decide to hire them. To make a long story short the wedding flew by like a whirlwind, there was no way I would have been able to do what newcity entertainment did for us. No one wanted the wedding to end and to this day I still get compliments on how fun and structured the wedding was. Newcity entertainment did much more than play music in between the bands sets. They coordinated with other vendors about keeping on track according to the timeline we put together. Most importantly they made the wedding more enjoyable for my husband and I. Without them it would have been extremely difficult for us to unwind and truly be the guests of honor. Thank you so much for making our wedding memorable for everyone who attended!

Amy · Married on 05/14/2016

We used NewCity Entertainment for our daughter's graduation/18th birthday party. We wanted to have a fun event with great music for her and her friends. Michael and his team were great! Michael came up with some fun games to play that involved every age group that attended her party. He communicated well with me on planning the event. He came up with a photo booth background that was a perfect fit for my daughter. He was very helpful, available and thorough with all the details. He played music that was fun and enjoyable for all who attended, which included 80's rock to the latest hits. Also, the set up and tear down for the event was efficient. We would definitely recommend NewCity Entertainment for future events and plan on using their services again.

Lauren · Married on 01/02/2016

It was a wonderful experience, Mike kept the timeline flowing with our photographer and other vendors. He was very knowledgeable with his services and was able to assist with selecting a timeline that went with our venue.The atmosphere was upbeat and flowed very smoothly with our guests. Both my husband and myself felt that our guests had a wonderful time dancing, being entertained with his enthusiastic additude, inclusive games and dances. I would highly recommend Mike with new city entertainment for future events.

Dan · Married on 12/05/2015

The photobooth set up that was provided was an absolute blast! Everyone took dozens of pictures with all of the props and had a really great time. The instant printouts from the booth were a definite bonus.

Jennifer · event on: 12/04/2015

NewCity Entertainment did an absolutely phenomenal job at our annual silent/live auction fundraiser. They provided a photo booth, lighting, audio/visual for our special presentations, DJ services, and MC/auctioneer services. This was our 3rd annual fundraiser but the first time we used NewCity and we will most definitely use them every year from here on. Mike kept the event moving on schedule and did a great job motivating guest participation with fun games and door prizes. Having NewCity run our event contributed greatly the success we had. I received overwhelming positive feedback from our guests that this was our best event yet.
    Thank you NewCity!!

My wedding was at the hotel Alyeska, I shopped for DJ's in town from Wasilla to Girdwood. I spoke to each on the phone and found that a lot of them had similar prices and services. However; what stood out the most to me about Mike initially was his professionalism over the phone. I didn't have to play phone tag to get a hold on him, he was very nice, had answers to all of my questions and seemed genuinely interested in my vision for my wedding!

The next thing that pointed to choosing Mike was his one set price. He offers all of his options for one flat price. This meant I wouldn't have to pick and choose if the extra lighting or beautiful personalized monogram was "worth it" or not! He would work with me and provide any service for one price. This made my life so much easier and a lot of fun!

Mike was more than a DJ he was a wedding coordinator. He created a personalized wedding timeline with me, everything from what my entrance will be to when and how we will exit and everything in-between! Offering ideas I hadn't thought of which ended up being a huge hit and he was more than happy to adapt any of my own ideas as well. As a very detail oriented bride this was huge for me. He made sure the wedding flowed with out a hitch and the guests were entertained and involved. There will be no guests wondering if they missed the first dance or cake cutting with this DJ!

He also offered an amazing photo booth option which is not only the coolest Photo Booth I found offered in town but for the best price. He was just a joy to work with, honestly, bride to bride. I feel like the decision is easy! If you want a dj who won't treat you like he knows what he is doing and you don't, a dj who will make sure your guests know whats going on, and also plays great music I would highly recommend Mike with NewCity Entertainment.

- Perfectionist Bride

HIGHLY recommend Newcity Entertainment! Don't look any further and just book them! You will not be disappointed!

Tina · Married on 08/08/2015

Mike was professional, attentive and easy to work with. He kept the party alive without any dead moment, he was right on key and easy to work with.

Mike was great! He was way more than a DJ. He helped us create a timeline for our day and came up with ideas that we would of never thought of. He really was a key part in keeping our day moving smoothly and keeping are guests happy.

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2014

Very Professional and Classy! Loved it!

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2014

Mike was fantastic! He listened to our vision and made it happen! He even added suggestions that turned out to be some of our favorite moments!

Pauleene · Married on 04/12/2014

I could not imagine me wedding without Mike at Newcity Entertainment! He was very professional and wanted to make sure I had the perfect day. All our guests had fun and Mike made sure our guest's were comfortable and entertained. Because of him my day was perfect and just as I had pictured in my dreams!

Brittany · Married on 03/08/2014

When it comes to entertainment companies, no one beats Newcity Entertainment. I'd choose them again and I'd recommend them to all my friends!

Alanna · Married on 07/13/2013

Michael was an absolute dream to work with. We met for a consultation first and went over all the important details. He was prompt at corresponding as we live in Sterling. He provided great lighting and DJ services at our wedding. Thank you so much!

Kathy · event on: 10/23/2015

Michael was wonderful. He helped families capture a special memory. Very professional will have him come to our school again! Everyone loved the photo booth!

• User6492146 · event on: 03/10/2016

Very professional and accommodating to your wants and needs!

Kelsey · event on: 02/20/2016

Newcity Entertainment has the highest quality of service in the entertainment industry in Alaska. They use high quality equipment and know how to use it correctly. The DJ is entertaining and can customize the way he entertains at your event. If you want 5 star quality this is the entertainer to choose for your event!

Heather · event on: 02/20/2016

I highly recommend NewCity Entertainment! Michael is excellent at creating a fun & engaging environment. I knew I wanted to do an event but didn't know exactly what to do. Michael walked me through different ideas and helped me come up with a great event. I felt it was a huge success because everyone had so much fun and enjoyed themselves.