28 Reviews for NewCity Entertainment

One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
21 NewCity Entertainment Reviews

Mike was phenomenal. He was very helpful beforehand in determining our wedding day timeline. He kept the crowd up and dancing and was able to respond quickly to changes as we requested them. I would highly recommend NewCity.

Profile Picture Beth, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

NewCity Entertainment was the smartest choice we made for our wedding day. Initially, we were thinking about not booking a DJ to save money. Although this was pretty expensive, it was worth every penny. Our guests were dancing all night, we played fun games, and NewCity kept things moving smoothly all night. I have no idea how we would have hosted a fun party for our wedding guests by ourselves. I am so glad we decided to go with NewCity Entertainment.

Profile Picture Leslie, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones

Mike made our wedding day flow! He consistently would check in during the reception with updates and what's to come next. Not only did he keep everything coordinated with the vendor and my photographer, he set up a beautiful fabric draping over our dance floor! The best money we spent on the entire wedding was the PHOTO BOOTH! Everyone had so much fun pairing up to get their pictures taken, plus it instantly printed pictures for guests to take home and posted on social media for us to look at later. Don't be afraid to ask Mike for something because he will go above and beyond to make it work for you on your day!

Profile Picture User7623935, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Mike did absolutely everything he could to make our wedding a success. We are still getting calls and messages about how amazing and fun our wedding was. Mike handled everything and I didn't need to worry about the entertainment or keeping people amused. He coordinated everything for us and all we had to do was show up and have fun with our guest. His customer service is outstanding and he answers all questions quickly. He definitely did not leave us hanging at any point. Thank you Mike and NewCity for making our special day truly a dream come true!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They have great music and really talented DJs who make any event fun.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We knew we wanted our wedding to be very low key and "cozy". We thought it would be easy enough to run the show ourselves, get on the mic to direct events and explain to our guests what would happen next. I sent this company a message asking for some advice and by luck they happened to have free time on our big day and it was a last minute decision to decide to hire them. To make a long story short the wedding flew by like a whirlwind, there was no way I would have been able to do what newcity entertainment did for us. No one wanted the wedding to end and to this day I still get compliments on how fun and structured the wedding was. Newcity entertainment did much more than play music in between the bands sets. They coordinated with other vendors about keeping on track according to the timeline we put together. Most importantly they made the wedding more enjoyable for my husband and I. Without them it would have been extremely difficult for us to unwind and truly be the guests of honor. Thank you so much for making our wedding memorable for everyone who attended!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used NewCity Entertainment for our daughter's graduation/18th birthday party. We wanted to have a fun event with great music for her and her friends. Michael and his team were great! Michael came up with some fun games to play that involved every age group that attended her party. He communicated well with me on planning the event. He came up with a photo booth background that was a perfect fit for my daughter. He was very helpful, available and thorough with all the details. He played music that was fun and enjoyable for all who attended, which included 80's rock to the latest hits. Also, the set up and tear down for the event was efficient. We would definitely recommend NewCity Entertainment for future events and plan on using their services again.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was a wonderful experience, Mike kept the timeline flowing with our photographer and other vendors. He was very knowledgeable with his services and was able to assist with selecting a timeline that went with our venue.The atmosphere was upbeat and flowed very smoothly with our guests. Both my husband and myself felt that our guests had a wonderful time dancing, being entertained with his enthusiastic additude, inclusive games and dances. I would highly recommend Mike with new city entertainment for future events.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The photobooth set up that was provided was an absolute blast! Everyone took dozens of pictures with all of the props and had a really great time. The instant printouts from the booth were a definite bonus.

Profile Picture Dan, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wedding was at the hotel Alyeska, I shopped for DJ's in town from Wasilla to Girdwood. I spoke to each on the phone and found that a lot of them had similar prices and services. However; what stood out the most to me about Mike initially was his professionalism over the phone. I didn't have to play phone tag to get a hold on him, he was very nice, had answers to all of my questions and seemed genuinely interested in my vision for my wedding!

The next thing that pointed to choosing Mike was his one set price. He offers all of his options for one flat price. This meant I wouldn't have to pick and choose if the extra lighting or beautiful personalized monogram was "worth it" or not! He would work with me and provide any service for one price. This made my life so much easier and a lot of fun!

Mike was more than a DJ he was a wedding coordinator. He created a personalized wedding timeline with me, everything from what my entrance will be to when and how we will exit and everything in-between! Offering ideas I hadn't thought of which ended up being a huge hit and he was more than happy to adapt any of my own ideas as well. As a very detail oriented bride this was huge for me. He made sure the wedding flowed with out a hitch and the guests were entertained and involved. There will be no guests wondering if they missed the first dance or cake cutting with this DJ!

He also offered an amazing photo booth option which is not only the coolest Photo Booth I found offered in town but for the best price. He was just a joy to work with, honestly, bride to bride. I feel like the decision is easy! If you want a dj who won't treat you like he knows what he is doing and you don't, a dj who will make sure your guests know whats going on, and also plays great music I would highly recommend Mike with NewCity Entertainment.

- Perfectionist Bride

Profile Picture User5478185, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

HIGHLY recommend Newcity Entertainment! Don't look any further and just book them! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User5410631, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was professional, attentive and easy to work with. He kept the party alive without any dead moment, he was right on key and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Tina, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was great! He was way more than a DJ. He helped us create a timeline for our day and came up with ideas that we would of never thought of. He really was a key part in keeping our day moving smoothly and keeping are guests happy.

Profile Picture User5359014, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike provides more than just DJ services, he does day of coordinating and lighting as well as other things. Don't be afraid to tell him exactly what you would like from him because he will do his best to make it happen. He is very professional and stays on task, some might see it as a bit pushy, but he kept everything running smoothly so I appreciated this. I would recommend him for any event.

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was very pleased with my choice with Newcity Their were a few mishaps but that was due to lack of communication. All in all I was very happy with how it turned out!

Profile Picture Liz, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
4.3

Mike was very professional and great to work with!! The lighting he did was very beautiful and tasteful, very creative.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very Professional and Classy! Loved it!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was fantastic! He listened to our vision and made it happen! He even added suggestions that turned out to be some of our favorite moments!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/20/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I could not imagine me wedding without Mike at Newcity Entertainment! He was very professional and wanted to make sure I had the perfect day. All our guests had fun and Mike made sure our guest's were comfortable and entertained. Because of him my day was perfect and just as I had pictured in my dreams!

Profile Picture Pauleene, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

When it comes to entertainment companies, no one beats Newcity Entertainment. I'd choose them again and I'd recommend them to all my friends!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was an absolute dream to work with. We met for a consultation first and went over all the important details. He was prompt at corresponding as we live in Sterling. He provided great lighting and DJ services at our wedding. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Alanna, 7/13/13, 1 Review