17 Reviews for New York, NY Dueling Pianos

Music During Breaks (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
16 New York, NY Dueling Pianos Reviews

Thank you for a Fabulous, Magical and Musical night of 5 Star fun! I am a party planner / event designer, so I am in a unique position to give a review and glowing recommendation from an insiders point of view, having worked with hundreds of entertainers over the years. For my wife’s 50th birthday I was looking for something different, social and interactive. The challenge with an intimate dinner party is many entertainment options such as Comedians, DJ’s or Bands tend not to work well with smaller crowds. Typically they require the energy of a larger party. New York New York Dueling Pianos was the perfect solution. The baby grand pianos helped set the scene. As guests arrived they all commented on how cool it was and you could sense excitement and anticipation for what was to come. As dinner winded down, the entertainment began… From the first song the crowd was encouraged too participate… singing along and making song requests. As the evening progressed people got up from their tables, dancing, laughing and gathering around the pianos, arm in arm, shouting out lyrics to songs that everyone knows and loves. The energy in the room was palpable. This made for an evening everyone in attendance felt blessed to be a part of. I always tell my clients that the reason I love what I do is, when people look back on life they don’t remember the everyday things, they remember the events and occasions when friends and family gather together to celebrate, and I get to be part of making those memories special. NY NY Dueling Pianos not only helped make my wife’s 50th birthday party special, they helped create an evening that everyone in attendance will look back on fondly for years to come.

Profile Picture David, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys are AMAZING! Hilarious, interactive and talented on the keys. The Members at Cherry Valley Country Club look forward to this event every year. A great time was had by all. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Mikayla, 2/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys were fabulous! So fun and engaging and all the guests felt totally comfortable and loved them. So glad we tried something new and hired them!

Profile Picture M, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I am currently working at a summer camp for teenagers, and prior to the pianist's arrival I was skeptical regarding what to expect. Steve and Matthew, arrived on time to the location, were super nice and professional, and setup their equipment in about twenty minutes. I was frazzled, because I coordinate events for the summer program and they were totally understanding. They had dinner and came back and began the show. At first the students took a song or two to warm up to them, but then they did a hip hop medley and it was ON! The kids got up and danced, and some even sang on an adjacent mic with them. Teenagers are a hard sell, and the pianist did amazingly at keeping them engaged. It was a pleasure working with Eddie, and the pianist Steve and Matthew. I highly recommend them for your event.

Profile Picture Explo, 7/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

What an experience. I would recommend these guys for any event where you want to have an entertaining fun time. They are spectacular.

Profile Picture Bob, 5/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I happened upon the New York, NY Dueling Pianos at an event last year and knew I needed to book them for our facility. From start to finish Eddie was nothing but amazing. I have been at my place of business for the last five years and Eddie and Steve have been the talk of the town since they left the building last Sunday night. Hands down the best entertainment group we have ever had. Book them!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Dan and Gray were absolutely incredible, the best, fun, perfect!!! Dan did a great job of MC'ing the wedding reception and they could play ANYTHING! We live in San Antonio, so had lots of bands from here and Austin to choose from, but found that (understandably) we were limited to play lists and maybe 3 requests that they'd learn for the wedding. The bride and friends love karaoke and wanted to be able to request so looked into dueling pianos. Best decision ever! They came with a drummer (sorry--forgot the name but he was great too) and all their own sound equipment. Father of the bride wanted the Ray Price version of San Antonio rose for the bride/dad dance and they handled it from there--Ray could have been in the room with us. Finally, and this is not an exaggeration--from the moment the dinner plates were cleared until the end of the reception, the dance floor was full!!! Friends of the B & G danced, parents danced, little kids danced. So many people said it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding. Eddie, our contact in NY was great, but when we booked a year ago, we couldn't find reviews or clips from Texas to check so took a leap of faith with Eddie. Right Decision! Thanks Eddie, Dan, and Gray for a wonderful evening!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys were incredible! They played at my wedding a few weeks ago in San Antonio-- we were a little nervous at first since most reviews we found were from customers around New York, but the performers in the Texas-based team were fantastic! Our guests were on the dance floor almost the whole night, and everybody loved that they could request songs for the dueling pianos to play!

Profile Picture Meredith, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Eddie at New York, NY Dueling Pianos was wonderful to deal with and very helpful during the planning process. He made sure we had everything we needed in order to make our event a huge success. The entertainers were awesome, everyone had a great time and were talking about the great entertainment we had at our Holiday party for weeks!

Profile Picture Julie, 2/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Eddie was great to work with. Hassle free! Everyone at our event had a great time. My co-workers didn't know what to expect when I told them we were having dueling pianos. I kept telling them not to worry they'll have fun. Now They keep telling me what a great party I planned and ask where did I ever find them!!!!

Profile Picture User7468148, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Eddie, Steve and Tom were fantastic! Our wedding guests absolutely loved the music - Eddie and team read the room incredibly accurately and their sound was on point! We received so many compliments and were surprised to see all the guests out on the dance floor! We wanted a unique experience for the music and definitely not a DJ - we were so lucky to find Eddie! He is extremely professional and responsive, everything was handled perfectly from start to finish. Amazing team and fantastic entertainers!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I cannot recommend them enough! We had them at our wedding reception this past Saturday (Oct. 8, 2016) and I could not have asked for more awesome people!! We had a problem where the electricity went out about an hour before reception was over (right at the cake cutting!) and we found a piano in the reception hall and wheeled it into the middle of the dance floor and Eddie and Debbie shared the piano and Micah was awesome on the drums! All of the guests came up and were singing their hearts out along with Eddie and Debbie. I had many people come up to me and tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

I cannot recommend them enough!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We searched across 4 states (NY, NJ, PA, and DE) and several Boroughs over 9 months to find the best and most unique wedding music experience ever. After listening to dozens of bands, we were hooked on the sound of New York, NY Dueling Pianos. Eddie was great to work with, and he and Debbie and Micah truly rocked our wedding!

They got the entire party on the dance floor singing along to all the best hits, even during a power outage lit by battery up-lights. Even with the crazy circumstances, they rolled with it and kept the party going uninterrupted, even louder and more fun than if we had electricity- thanks to a grand piano in the lobby that got wheeled in provided by the venue.

Dozens at the wedding told us personally they were the best wedding entertainment any of them had ever seen!

I would happily follow New York, NY Dueling Pianos to any public shows in the future, will recommend them to anyone I meet, and couldn't be happier with their entire operation.

-Andrew Rosenthal, Groom, Oct'16

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

This group was amazing under normal wedding circumstance, and HEROIC when the power went out. They scrambled and helped the venue drag out a grand piano, which they played in the middle of the dance floor in the semi-darkness. Since vocals couldn't be heard over the piano and the crowd without a microphone, they played songs that the crowd could sing along to, letting the wedding reception provide the vocals, while they provided the instrumentals. Even before getting the piano, while the guests sang "Build Me Up Buttercup" to keep the party going, the drummer joined in with a beat.

I cannot recommend NYNY Dueling pianos enough.

Profile Picture Jess, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Did a lot of research and decided on nyny dueling pianos.They played at my daughters wedding -we expected great-what we received was the most spectacular ,mind blowing ,over the top performance I have ever seen. They MC'ed the event , interacted with the crowd and had everyone cracking up at there antics-wait until you hear them challenge each other on the pianos to see who can play better-(Sorry Ed -Debbie kicked you butt)-the crowd was cheering . This is more then a DJ or band playing the same old stuff -this is a performance that your friends will be talking about the best weeding they have ever been too-we have received comments that we set the bar so high that they don't want to go to another wedding without them being there-Call them ,see where they are playing hire them. When you talk to Eddie let him tell you what else happened at our wedding that puts nyny pianos at the top of the list for your wedding-that no other band could have done.Ed if you are reading this too Give my number to anyone who needs a recommendation.

Profile Picture Albert, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

This band was amazing. Working with Eddie was the least stressful vendor I dealt with through the wedding planning process. He was easy to communicate with, flexible with all of my special requests, and extremely personable with all of my guests. On the wedding day, they rolled with all of the punches. We were late, and the reception timeline was shortened but they still managed to make sure all of our items on the timeline fit in the evening. My family members are still raving over this band 2 months after the wedding and they all want cd's and to see them live. The vocalists have the purist voices I've ever heard. The female vocalist sings like an angel. I think she sang out First Dance song better than the original artist (Norah Jones)! They took requests from our guests all night and kept the dance floor hopping! These are true musicians! I've never seen a wedding band with this much talent and charisma! I'd highly recommend them! If your budget allows for this band, I'd say to splurge and ask for a few extra hours. Also, don't forget to get a videographer!!! This band you will want to see again after the honeymoon!

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/29/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System