New York Country Club Reviews

62 Reviews for New York Country Club

• Raquel

Raquel · Married on 11/09/2019

Ultimate New York Wedding

You don't have to get married in Manhattan to have the ultimate NY wedding. NYCC had the beautiful views and scenery, the elegant and chic ballroom, the outdoor patio for cocktail hour, and the staff that makes you feel like a royal couple. Seth and Juli Anne were patient, smart, creative, and helped me put on my dream wedding. My guests raved about the cocktail hour and partied the night away. Every detail and decor I came with they took to another level. Not one moment did I feel worry, stress, rushed, or lost. My Husband and I truly enjoyed our magical day and I have to give credit to NYCC - the best decision we made for the wedding. You will know once you walk in that you have to have your wedding there.

Sent on 12/05/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Hello Raquel - What a great review!! We are so thrilled to know you, Julio and your guests had such a great time. We truly enjoyed being a part of your wedding celebration. Thank you again for choosing NYCC and the very best to you both!

Michelle Heil · Married on 11/01/2019

Wedding Nov. 1, 2019

We held my daughter and son in law’s wedding here. The attention to detail was exceptional and the venue looked amazing. The cocktail hour, meal, and Venetian table were outstanding. Kudos to the Catering Manager, Julie Ann as well as the staff. Rolf, the owner of Gateau Suisse, provided the wedding cake and the groom’s cake, both of which were exceptional and met the couple’s requisite. Everyone went out of their way to make the day a success. If I could give more stars I would!

Sent on 12/21/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Hello Mrs. Heil! We so appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to know you were so pleased with our venue, culinary offerings, staff and service. It was such a pleasure to host Donna & Matt's wedding celebration. We wish them and you all the very best!
  • Robin

Robin Glauber · Married on 10/25/2019

Best Night of Our Lives!

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at New York Country Club on 10/25/19. Julie Ann and Seth were wonderful throughout the entire planning process, and even better on the actual wedding day and night. The venue was gorgeous. We moved our ceremony from outdoors into the enclosure due to cold weather, but the cocktail tables were set up and ready to go before the guests could fill up a plate! We found the venue to be very accommodating and the staff helped calm my nerves by making everything seamless. Julie Ann even took the time to fill up a platter from each serving station
    during the amazing cocktail hour and had it waiting for us in the Bridal Suite. Thank you for a beautiful night that we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/27/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Robin, thank you for this amazing 5 star review! We’re so happy you and Peter were pleased with the change in the ceremony location and your overall experience at NYCC. We truly enjoyed working with you both and wish you congratulations and all the best!
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing Wedding Night

Seth and his team went above and beyond to make our wedding day as special as we dreamed it would be. Seth was super accommodating and made sure every detail of our wedding was carried out without hesitation or flaw. The whole night ran smoothly and we literally had nothing to worry about. Julie Ann was an amazing assistant throughout the whole night. Anything I needed, or even my family needed, she was there! Not to mention, the venue inside and out is absolutely beautiful. We had great weather that day and took some amazing shots out on the green. (We loved be able to drive the golf carts!) Guests were able to see the city skyline at night too! It is a day we will remember forever and we will forever be grateful to NYCC for such an amazing night

Sent on 11/01/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Dana thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy to hear your wedding celebration at NYCC was everything you dreamed it would be! All the best to you & Dan.

Dana · Married on 10/18/2019

Outstanding!

As wedding photo booth operators, my husband and I have been to quite a few venues already. When we got engaged we immediately knew what we did not want. Someone who used to work at NYCC was friends with my husband and had reached out asking if we wanted information and to schedule a tour. Neither of us had ever been so we scheduled one and went.
    As soon as we came through the gates I knew that my "rustic" wedding ideas were out the door. It was the first and only venue we went to and walked out that day with plans to book. The remodel that they did there is outstanding and gives the ''wow" I wanted from my guests. No one we knew had ever gotten married there and we wanted that, we wanted somewhere no one had been before.
    During our planning process, our maitre d had taken another position elsewhere and Seth stepped in. I've heard horror stories about situations like this so we set up a meeting just to go over the contract and Seth was amazing. The transition from Eric to Seth was seamless and everything about our day went perfect. I didn’t get to eat food, as all brides never do, but Julie Ann did fill our bridal suite with a bunch of items we chose from the menu. Both Seth and Julie Ann were extremely attentive, professional and organized from the beginning and I don't think the wedding would have gone as smoothly if it weren't for them.
    Also, the views at NYCC are amazing. Guests loved that you could see the NYC skyline from the back deck.
    110% would recommend NYCC for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/29/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Wow Dana - What a wonderful review! Thank You! We truly appreciate your trust in us. We are so glad to hear you, Justin and your guests were wowed by our décor, views and our staff! All the best to you both.

Leah Maczuga · Married on 10/12/2019

A real life fairytale!

There are seriously not enough words to describe how amazing New York Country Club was for our wedding on 10.12.19. It was an absolute fairytale, and the most magical night ever, thanks to the incredible staff at NYCC. For starters, Seth and staff went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. There was nothing left out, and he made us feel absolutely worry free. From the incredible cocktail hour, to the exceptional reception ballroom, this was seriously everything we dreamed of and more. The property itself is spectacular, and our guests are continuing to rave about how beautiful the entire day was! Julie Ann, the bridal attendant was also amazing, and was sure to check in to make sure we had everything we needed. I cannot recommend this venue enough. New York Country Club will forever have a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 11/11/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Leah - Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you sharing your experience at NYCC. We are so happy to hear your wedding day was all you imagined it to be and more! We truly wish you & Phil a lifetime of happiness and joy!
  • Eilish

Eilish · Married on 10/11/2019

A Perfect Day!

We had our wedding at the New York Country Club on October 11, 2019 and it was everything we ever wanted! From start to finish Seth was outstanding. He had helped us with every detail and answered every question promptly. The food tasting before the wedding was so professional (and delicious) and the bakery they set you up with to do your wedding cake (Le Gateau Suisse Ltd) was phenomenal. The owner was so patient and helpful and they did a personalized college and Met’s theme wedding cake for us!
    The pictures outside on the golf course were exactly what we wanted, even with a view of the NYC skyline in the distance! The indoor/outdoor cocktail hour space was spacious and beautiful, and the ballroom was exactly what we imagined. We almost filled the entire room up and everyone was comfortable, dance floor was plenty big for our big crowd and 8-person band and everyone had an awesome time! The whole reception went smoothly, Julianne the bridal attendant made sure of that as well! We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect & fun wedding, our guests keep telling us how beautiful the day was! Thank you!

Sent on 10/25/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Eilish. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, Rolf at Le Gateau Suisse is truly a gem and we are grateful to have him on our team! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We wish you and Robert all the best!
  • Mrs. Juliana

Juliana Beckford · Married on 08/17/2019

Highly recommended !

NYCC was the first and only venue you visited for our short engagement. From start to finish Seth was warm, welcoming and professional. I was a nervous bride to me and clueless as to where to start when it came to wedding planning. He was able to ease my anxiety and pretty much took care of all the big things us brides to be worry about. Cocktail hour was a hit! Soooo much food, I had a lot of family and friends visiting from Jamaica and Guyana and the country club was able to create a station that represented our cultures. A major plus! The wedding day was smooth thanks to our attendant Julianne. I can’t sing NYCC enough praise. They delivered all that was promised plus! Thank you !!

Sent on 08/24/2019

New York Country Club's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are so pleased to have made your wedding celebration so memorable. We enjoyed celebrating with you and your families wish you both health, happiness, and many blessings!

Debra · Married on 12/31/2018

New York Country Club

Eric and the Bridal attendant, Christina, made our night magical. They were efficient and very attentive the whole time. We were able to drop off a box of items that we had for our wedding and they took the box and created our dream wedding. Everything we were thinking of they put it in place. Christina made sure, my husband and I had drinks and food throughout the night and Eric made sure guest were having a good time as well. Everything went smooth and my guest were saying how much they loved the food and drinks! I would highly recommend New York Country Club as a venue to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Kim · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Wedding

Our wedding was on October 20, 2018 and was absolutely fantastic. From start to finish, Eric was awesome to work with. He was extremely kind, diligent and attention-focused to make sure my husband and I had the perfect day. He worked with us for a little over a year making sure everything we wanted was being incorporated into our day. Eric also had fantastic suggestions for local vendors that we used and loved.

On the day of our wedding he was there from start to finish making sure everything was running smoothly. He was always available and no task was too big or small for him to take on. He also worked with us to have an after-party in the clubhouse post-wedding which our guests loved.

To this day we get compliments on the location, scenery, staff and food from the wedding. Highly recommend the vendor and Eric for anyone looking to have their wedding in the area!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Megan

Megan Marie · Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely amazing wedding October 5th 2018

I can not say enough amazing things about this venue . Im actully still on my honeymoon right now but I couldn’t wait to brag ...To start this was one of the first venues we looked at back in 2016 . It was right before it was redone. ( and the remodel is absolutely gourgous by the way ) we went just to take a look and a little skeptical driving in through spring valley but once you get there and see those NYCC bushes you will see why every bride would want to get married here . Before the redo we went by pictures and Eric’s word and he did not let us down . It is so elegant , clean and beautiful . Eric is exceptional not only did he make us feel at ease once we met him he was there to answer any questions concerns or random stop bys throughout the 2 years when we booked ( I was so excited wanted to show everyone ) he was so patient and kind and made me feel as if our wedding was his top priority he did this the day we signed up to the day of ! He is the reason we signed and we could not be more grateful for that because we had the best day of our lives ! The food was out of this world so much and so amazing ! Everyone at the cocktail hour was raving ! Family from the south never saw anything like it . The bar was great too coming from a big Irish family I was nervous the line would be long but they had a whole plan and I honestly don’t think there was a line at all !!! Not only no line but the drink selection was amazing he asked us what our family likes best to make sure he had enough being a fall wedding he also got our ciders too ! The day of wedding went perfect anything I needed from a drink to making the room a little cooler since all the guest were dancing like crazy to the timeline of the day it was all Eric !!! Like I said once you meet Eric you will understand please just make an appointment. If you do book here the absolute only thing I would say is there is a bridal attendant there she seemed really sweet but I wish me and my husband told her what we wanted to drink in the beginning of the wedding so she could have left it at sweetheart table for us . Just a few trips to the bar but it’s time I wish I spent dancing ...but that would be with any venue not just here and that’s more so us not communicating . Also do not get intimidated by the pillars on dance floor ! Didn’t impact dancing trust me the dance floor was packed) or views that night. This venue will not be a secret amazing find too much longer so call to book before slots get full !

Sent on 10/20/2018

Erica Weingarten · Married on 09/15/2018

NYCC will not disappoint!

From our first visit to the New York Country Club and our meeting with Eric, we knew this venue was where we wanted to get married and celebrate our wedding. We were not disappointed! From the very beginning to the very end, Eric was by our side helping us through every step. He was there to answer every question and idea we had at any time of the day. Eric listened to our every request and executed them effortlessly. He truly made our experience as seamless and less stressful as wedding planning could be. He is a gem!
    The NYCC was nothing, but perfect for our September wedding. The grounds are stunning and the view for the ceremony which overlooked a mountainside foliage landscape and golf course was what caught our eye. The ballroom for the reception has the most amazing floating chandeliers that really set the mood for our reception. The food was also another main reason why we choose NYCC. There weren’t many venues that couldn’t compare to the amount of cocktail hour stations and endless food options for the reception courses we had available to us. Our guest are still raving!!
    The day of we had the beautiful bridal sweet all day to ourselves and the bridal attend Christina was exceptional! In addition to Eric, Christina really made our day that much more special. Christina and Eric kept our drinks filled all night, made sure we ate and checked in with us to make sure all was perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with. My husband and I are so happy with the choice we made to go with NYCC!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Simona · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful location for a beautiful wedding

I could not be happier with my wedding day at NYCC! This venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff, especially Eric, were amazing. Everything was absolutely perfect, and we are still dreaming of our special day. Our friends and family keep mentioning the food and how delicious our cocktail hour was and how beautiful the grounds were outside. The scenery for pictures outside is perfect for a summer wedding. Eric was very helpful throughout the year leading up to the wedding day. He would always respond to emails in a timely fashion and gave us a lot of ideas. Everything was beyond perfect! I would highly recommend NYCC for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Erika · Married on 08/11/2018

An absolutely wonderful experience

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff, especially Eric, were wonderful. Eric would respond to all of our questions immediately and was very flexible and helpful. Even though it downpoured the day of the wedding, we were still able to have our ceremony on the covered patio and a beautiful reception inside. The food was delicious and my bridal attendant made sure we had food and drinks the whole night. We had the bridal suite the entire day which made getting ready easy and there are many places onsite both indoors and outdoors for pictures. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/27/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Our wedding was in July and it was everything we could have ever imagined it to be. From the first visit to the New York Country Club and our meeting with Eric, we knew the venue was going to be perfect for our special day. Eric was amazing to work with. He has a true passion for what he does and helped us to have the most stress-free year of wedding planning I could have ever imagined. From the beginning to the end, Eric was there exactly where he needed to be. He answered every question I had, most of the time before I even knew I had them! On the day of our wedding, we were expecting a huge storm and Eric was on top of the weather and getting updates every hour. He knew how badly I wanted to have the ceremony outside so he was more prepared than I could ever imagine to make that happen. Luckily, the weather held up and it ended up being a perfect day. I am still receiving compliments to this day on my wedding at NYCC. The grounds and views were beautiful and the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were nothing short of perfect. The food was amazing and our guests are still raving about it all! Eric and the staff were there throughout the whole night every step of the way. Eric was behind the scenes making sure everything was going exactly how it should. He even went out of his way to get a very picky eater something different when she wasn't eating her meal. The day of the wedding we were able to get ready in the beautiful bridal suite and Eric was there all day checking in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. He continued to do this throughout the whole night. Eric and his staff also worked with the florist to set up my centerpieces and and made everything look exactly how I envisioned it. I truly could not have asked for a better team to have on my wedding day. My husband and I are so happy with our choice to have our wedding at NYCC. We would recommend Eric and the venue to everyone!!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I got married at NYCC in summer 2018. We could not speak more highly of the venue, the staff and our experience overall. NYCC recently underwent major renovations and the result is just magnificent - modern, spacious ballroom with multiple beautiful chandeliers, indoor/outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour spaces that include breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley hills/foliage/greenery and even the NYC skyline, a stunning new bridal suite, and a long, lanterned entrance way with a fountain was perfect for our first look to name a few of the highlights. I am so glad we chose NYCC for so many reasons. Eric and the team are so easy to work with and have significant event planning expertise. The outdoor patio space is covered, so in the event of rain, you can still have a gorgeous outdoor wedding ceremony. We had perfect weather but were still so glad to have the covered patio to save everyone from the heat. The variety and quantity of photo spots is unparalleled - from the hills and lakes of the golf course, to the willow trees, to the patio, the front entrance way, and the couches of the bridal suite, you get such a great variety of beautiful backdrops for your photos, which to me was extremely important. The food was excellent, and the bridal attendant was so sweet to bring food to my husband and I in the bridal suite right after our ceremony. She was also prepared with champagne post ceremony and perfume to help me freshen up before our party. Eric works with top quality partners such as Le Gateau Suisse who produced the most delicious cake that you have ever tasted. Plus, they include a free cake for your one year anniversary so you don't need to freeze your wedding cake which is a nice touch. Eric made sure the whole night went smoothly and all of our guests were happy. The bar tenders are amazing and we never had lines even though we had close to 200 guests. The value proposition of NYCC is hard to beat, and would highly recommend this place!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was a few weeks ago, and New York Country Club was the most perfect place my husband and I could have ever gotten married!! We had great views of New York City, the food was AMAZING, the staff was wonderful, and Eric was the BEST!! Eric was actually one of the main reasons we chose NYCC for our wedding!! Everything was absolutely perfect, and we are still dreaming of our special day. Our friends and family keep mentioning that they want to go back to NYCC for another wedding to attend! We would like think that is mostly in part to Eric and how he put everything together!! Any and all requests we had were taken care of with no questions asked. NYCC was the most perfect place to get married, and we recommend it to everyone!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 06/30/2018

NYCC is the BEST venue to have your wedding at...I cannot say enough good things about them. This is not your typical venue that is what I like to call a *wedding factory.* They genuinely care about each event they host and will do everything to make it what you dreamed of. Eric Handler was so helpful every step of the way leading up to our wedding day. He was also very accommodating with coordinating a private tasting and creating a menu that fit us. I had a lot of decor with no directions, but it was all placed beautifully the day of. I also decided last minute that I was going to put out a cigar bar and they accommodated for us! The food was amazing, and our guests are still raving about it. NYCC grounds are beautiful, theres so many different spots to go to take photos. The venue itself is gorgeous and spacious, with plenty of room for our 225 guests. And everyone loved the view of the city skyline in the distance. They have a list of recommended vendors to choose from, and I used three, and loved all of them! We had a few hiccups with our transportation, the extreme heat, and some random changes... but Eric and the NYCC staff handled it all seamlessly and made sure I never stopped smiling! My bridal attendant checked on me througout the night to make sure I had drinks, food, and having a good time. Thank you so much to the NYCC team for making our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Theresa · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding was on June 23 at New York Country Club. Everything about NYCC was everything we wanted and more in our wedding venue. The scenery for pictures, the indoor/outdoor sections for cocktail hour and the reception, the ceremony location. Everything is BEYOND PERFECT. The whole venue flows and every room is perfect. You can see the NYC skyline from outside which is breathtaking as well! The venue is kept up with beautifully, the grounds are clean and well taken care of, and when you enter you just can't believe how beautiful everything is. We knew this was our venue from the first moment we walked in. From the carpet to the chandeliers, everything is outstanding. Eric Handler and the staff at NYCC became our family during the wedding planning time. They were always there for us. We planned a wedding from out of town which was hard, but Eric was always available for us. From the moment we met Eric we felt extremely comfortable. He answered every question we had and didn’t make us feel overwhelmed. There were certain things and ideas we wanted included in our day and Eric always gave us his professional opinion. He was always respectful and guided us in the right direction when we needed help. Eric never steered us wrong. He was always flexible and open to our ideas to make the day our day and different from any other. He has a lot on his plate but you never saw that. He always made you feel like you were the only couple and the only day he had on his calendar. We are forever grateful to work with such an amazing person like Eric and his staff. We had a lot of big and small details to make our day perfect and Eric went above and beyond with our directions of what we wanted. Him and his staff made everything perfect and even more of what we had visioned. We had a lot of small touches and decorations we wanted out and not once was he bothered or made you feel like you couldn’t add something. From months prior to the wedding to the day of, you were his priority.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I will be forever grateful for choosing NYCC for our wedding. I was a little apprehensive at first because we ended up booking this as our venue before renovations were completed but NYCC exceeded our expectations with the finalized look of the venue. Everything came out so BEAUTIFUL! Eric our Maitre d' was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He had been extremely helpful throughout the process of our planning and the night of our wedding could not have gone any smoother. Eric is very good at what he does and the staff that we had on our wedding day were phenomenal! We still have guests talking about what an amazing time they had and how gorgeous our venue was. My husband and I had our dream wedding all thanks to Eric and the New York Country Club.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Breanna · Married on 06/01/2018

We selected this place for our June wedding and were not disappointed! The staff there is great, Eric deserves special mention because he put in effort to make sure everything went smoothly and everyone stayed calm. The wedding was choreographed perfectly and efficiently and everything went amazingly well. Of course, not to mention, this place is gorgeous and our photographer and videographer were thrilled with all the photo opportunities we had there. The food was great too, can't say enough good things about this place!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kathleen · Married on 05/12/2018

We got married here in May 2018 and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The food, the atmosphere, the service, the landscape - all were of the highest quality and beyond our wildest dreams! Eric, the manager, delivered exactly what we envisioned and honored our every request, no matter how small or large. He and the bridal attendant took care of everything on the day of the wedding so we could relax and enjoy the night!

On our wedding day, the staff escorted us and our photographers on golf carts around the grounds, where we took some of the most breathtaking photos we could have ever hoped for. Even with 225 guests and an 8 piece band, the ballroom felt vast and open, with plenty of room for dancing. And the cocktail hour room - enclosed in glass and overlooking the golf course - can't be beat.

Did I mention the FOOD?! Hands down the best wedding food we ever tasted. The cocktail hour menu offered a wealth of traditional and modern options. Think everything from pasta stations to chicken parmesan skewers to dim sum. The main courses were out of this world, as well. To top it all off, Eric threw in a Belgian Waffle station as an extra dessert for no extra charge. I want to attend another wedding there for the food alone!

So if you’re reading this, stop what you’re doing and book New York Country Club for your wedding!! You will be forever thrilled with your decision. Don't delay! We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Keara · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I had our reception at New York Country Club back in April and it was a dream. The venue itself is gorgeous. We booked NYCC before the renovations were complete and it ended up being even better than we imagined. One of the main reasons we chose NYCC is because of the amazing food. The cocktail hour was over the top and all of the entrees were delicious. Most importantly, there was no stress at any point. Eric was so helpful and easy to work with during the entire planning process and on our wedding day. He really went above and beyond with all of our requests (even last minute and day of requests!)

Sent on 06/28/2018

Christina · Married on 09/09/2017

Cannot say enough about this amazing venue. We signed a contract before renovations were completed, and were so pleased the the new look! It is modern and sleek and any color scheme will fit in this gorgeous space. And the outdoor space for cocktail hour is beautiful as well. Our guests loved taking photos by the fountain, and we had a great sunset with the NYC skyline in the distance.

Eric was a pleasure to work with from the start- he worked with us to build the right wedding package for our families' taste, was very responsive throughout the planning process, and he made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day of. He made the planning a lot less stressful than it should have been!

Thank you NYCC!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Judy · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the New York Country Club. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself, especially with the recent renovations. We loved the view of the outdoors during our ceremony, as did our guests, and it was a gorgeous backdrop for all of our photos. The flow of the wedding from the ceremony outdoors to the cocktail hour area to the reception was smooth and physically laid out well. The reception was elegant, with the chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings providing a romantic ambiance. The food was delicious both during the cocktail hour and the dinner at the reception. The bridal suite was amazing! The service by the staff was very friendly and made us and all the guests feel taken care of. Throughout the whole process of wedding planning, Eric, the Director of Catering and also our Maitre D, was always available for us in whatever questions or requests we had. Working with him was a pleasure, as he not only had the experience, but also was very personable. In short, you have to visit this venue to understand all the qualities that make this venue so wonderful!

Sent on 10/10/2017