New York Country Club Reviews

New York Country Club 6
New York Country Club 7

Debra · Married on 12/31/2018

New York Country Club

Eric and the Bridal attendant, Christina, made our night magical. They were efficient and very attentive the whole time. We were able to drop off a box of items that we had for our wedding and they took the box and created our dream wedding. Everything we were thinking of they put it in place. Christina made sure, my husband and I had drinks and food throughout the night and Eric made sure guest were having a good time as well. Everything went smooth and my guest were saying how much they loved the food and drinks! I would highly recommend New York Country Club as a venue to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Kim · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Wedding

Our wedding was on October 20, 2018 and was absolutely fantastic. From start to finish, Eric was awesome to work with. He was extremely kind, diligent and attention-focused to make sure my husband and I had the perfect day. He worked with us for a little over a year making sure everything we wanted was being incorporated into our day. Eric also had fantastic suggestions for local vendors that we used and loved.

On the day of our wedding he was there from start to finish making sure everything was running smoothly. He was always available and no task was too big or small for him to take on. He also worked with us to have an after-party in the clubhouse post-wedding which our guests loved.

To this day we get compliments on the location, scenery, staff and food from the wedding. Highly recommend the vendor and Eric for anyone looking to have their wedding in the area!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Megan

Megan Marie · Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely amazing wedding October 5th 2018

I can not say enough amazing things about this venue . Im actully still on my honeymoon right now but I couldn’t wait to brag ...To start this was one of the first venues we looked at back in 2016 . It was right before it was redone. ( and the remodel is absolutely gourgous by the way ) we went just to take a look and a little skeptical driving in through spring valley but once you get there and see those NYCC bushes you will see why every bride would want to get married here . Before the redo we went by pictures and Eric’s word and he did not let us down . It is so elegant , clean and beautiful . Eric is exceptional not only did he make us feel at ease once we met him he was there to answer any questions concerns or random stop bys throughout the 2 years when we booked ( I was so excited wanted to show everyone ) he was so patient and kind and made me feel as if our wedding was his top priority he did this the day we signed up to the day of ! He is the reason we signed and we could not be more grateful for that because we had the best day of our lives ! The food was out of this world so much and so amazing ! Everyone at the cocktail hour was raving ! Family from the south never saw anything like it . The bar was great too coming from a big Irish family I was nervous the line would be long but they had a whole plan and I honestly don’t think there was a line at all !!! Not only no line but the drink selection was amazing he asked us what our family likes best to make sure he had enough being a fall wedding he also got our ciders too ! The day of wedding went perfect anything I needed from a drink to making the room a little cooler since all the guest were dancing like crazy to the timeline of the day it was all Eric !!! Like I said once you meet Eric you will understand please just make an appointment. If you do book here the absolute only thing I would say is there is a bridal attendant there she seemed really sweet but I wish me and my husband told her what we wanted to drink in the beginning of the wedding so she could have left it at sweetheart table for us . Just a few trips to the bar but it’s time I wish I spent dancing ...but that would be with any venue not just here and that’s more so us not communicating . Also do not get intimidated by the pillars on dance floor ! Didn’t impact dancing trust me the dance floor was packed) or views that night. This venue will not be a secret amazing find too much longer so call to book before slots get full !

Sent on 10/20/2018

Erica Weingarten · Married on 09/15/2018

NYCC will not disappoint!

From our first visit to the New York Country Club and our meeting with Eric, we knew this venue was where we wanted to get married and celebrate our wedding. We were not disappointed! From the very beginning to the very end, Eric was by our side helping us through every step. He was there to answer every question and idea we had at any time of the day. Eric listened to our every request and executed them effortlessly. He truly made our experience as seamless and less stressful as wedding planning could be. He is a gem!
    The NYCC was nothing, but perfect for our September wedding. The grounds are stunning and the view for the ceremony which overlooked a mountainside foliage landscape and golf course was what caught our eye. The ballroom for the reception has the most amazing floating chandeliers that really set the mood for our reception. The food was also another main reason why we choose NYCC. There weren’t many venues that couldn’t compare to the amount of cocktail hour stations and endless food options for the reception courses we had available to us. Our guest are still raving!!
    The day of we had the beautiful bridal sweet all day to ourselves and the bridal attend Christina was exceptional! In addition to Eric, Christina really made our day that much more special. Christina and Eric kept our drinks filled all night, made sure we ate and checked in with us to make sure all was perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with. My husband and I are so happy with the choice we made to go with NYCC!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    New York Country Club 24
    New York Country Club 25
    New York Country Club 26

Simona · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful location for a beautiful wedding

I could not be happier with my wedding day at NYCC! This venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff, especially Eric, were amazing. Everything was absolutely perfect, and we are still dreaming of our special day. Our friends and family keep mentioning the food and how delicious our cocktail hour was and how beautiful the grounds were outside. The scenery for pictures outside is perfect for a summer wedding. Eric was very helpful throughout the year leading up to the wedding day. He would always respond to emails in a timely fashion and gave us a lot of ideas. Everything was beyond perfect! I would highly recommend NYCC for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Erika · Married on 08/11/2018

An absolutely wonderful experience

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff, especially Eric, were wonderful. Eric would respond to all of our questions immediately and was very flexible and helpful. Even though it downpoured the day of the wedding, we were still able to have our ceremony on the covered patio and a beautiful reception inside. The food was delicious and my bridal attendant made sure we had food and drinks the whole night. We had the bridal suite the entire day which made getting ready easy and there are many places onsite both indoors and outdoors for pictures. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/27/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Our wedding was in July and it was everything we could have ever imagined it to be. From the first visit to the New York Country Club and our meeting with Eric, we knew the venue was going to be perfect for our special day. Eric was amazing to work with. He has a true passion for what he does and helped us to have the most stress-free year of wedding planning I could have ever imagined. From the beginning to the end, Eric was there exactly where he needed to be. He answered every question I had, most of the time before I even knew I had them! On the day of our wedding, we were expecting a huge storm and Eric was on top of the weather and getting updates every hour. He knew how badly I wanted to have the ceremony outside so he was more prepared than I could ever imagine to make that happen. Luckily, the weather held up and it ended up being a perfect day. I am still receiving compliments to this day on my wedding at NYCC. The grounds and views were beautiful and the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were nothing short of perfect. The food was amazing and our guests are still raving about it all! Eric and the staff were there throughout the whole night every step of the way. Eric was behind the scenes making sure everything was going exactly how it should. He even went out of his way to get a very picky eater something different when she wasn't eating her meal. The day of the wedding we were able to get ready in the beautiful bridal suite and Eric was there all day checking in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. He continued to do this throughout the whole night. Eric and his staff also worked with the florist to set up my centerpieces and and made everything look exactly how I envisioned it. I truly could not have asked for a better team to have on my wedding day. My husband and I are so happy with our choice to have our wedding at NYCC. We would recommend Eric and the venue to everyone!!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I got married at NYCC in summer 2018. We could not speak more highly of the venue, the staff and our experience overall. NYCC recently underwent major renovations and the result is just magnificent - modern, spacious ballroom with multiple beautiful chandeliers, indoor/outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour spaces that include breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley hills/foliage/greenery and even the NYC skyline, a stunning new bridal suite, and a long, lanterned entrance way with a fountain was perfect for our first look to name a few of the highlights. I am so glad we chose NYCC for so many reasons. Eric and the team are so easy to work with and have significant event planning expertise. The outdoor patio space is covered, so in the event of rain, you can still have a gorgeous outdoor wedding ceremony. We had perfect weather but were still so glad to have the covered patio to save everyone from the heat. The variety and quantity of photo spots is unparalleled - from the hills and lakes of the golf course, to the willow trees, to the patio, the front entrance way, and the couches of the bridal suite, you get such a great variety of beautiful backdrops for your photos, which to me was extremely important. The food was excellent, and the bridal attendant was so sweet to bring food to my husband and I in the bridal suite right after our ceremony. She was also prepared with champagne post ceremony and perfume to help me freshen up before our party. Eric works with top quality partners such as Le Gateau Suisse who produced the most delicious cake that you have ever tasted. Plus, they include a free cake for your one year anniversary so you don't need to freeze your wedding cake which is a nice touch. Eric made sure the whole night went smoothly and all of our guests were happy. The bar tenders are amazing and we never had lines even though we had close to 200 guests. The value proposition of NYCC is hard to beat, and would highly recommend this place!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was a few weeks ago, and New York Country Club was the most perfect place my husband and I could have ever gotten married!! We had great views of New York City, the food was AMAZING, the staff was wonderful, and Eric was the BEST!! Eric was actually one of the main reasons we chose NYCC for our wedding!! Everything was absolutely perfect, and we are still dreaming of our special day. Our friends and family keep mentioning that they want to go back to NYCC for another wedding to attend! We would like think that is mostly in part to Eric and how he put everything together!! Any and all requests we had were taken care of with no questions asked. NYCC was the most perfect place to get married, and we recommend it to everyone!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 06/30/2018

NYCC is the BEST venue to have your wedding at...I cannot say enough good things about them. This is not your typical venue that is what I like to call a *wedding factory.* They genuinely care about each event they host and will do everything to make it what you dreamed of. Eric Handler was so helpful every step of the way leading up to our wedding day. He was also very accommodating with coordinating a private tasting and creating a menu that fit us. I had a lot of decor with no directions, but it was all placed beautifully the day of. I also decided last minute that I was going to put out a cigar bar and they accommodated for us! The food was amazing, and our guests are still raving about it. NYCC grounds are beautiful, theres so many different spots to go to take photos. The venue itself is gorgeous and spacious, with plenty of room for our 225 guests. And everyone loved the view of the city skyline in the distance. They have a list of recommended vendors to choose from, and I used three, and loved all of them! We had a few hiccups with our transportation, the extreme heat, and some random changes... but Eric and the NYCC staff handled it all seamlessly and made sure I never stopped smiling! My bridal attendant checked on me througout the night to make sure I had drinks, food, and having a good time. Thank you so much to the NYCC team for making our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    New York Country Club 32
    New York Country Club 33
    New York Country Club 34

Theresa · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding was on June 23 at New York Country Club. Everything about NYCC was everything we wanted and more in our wedding venue. The scenery for pictures, the indoor/outdoor sections for cocktail hour and the reception, the ceremony location. Everything is BEYOND PERFECT. The whole venue flows and every room is perfect. You can see the NYC skyline from outside which is breathtaking as well! The venue is kept up with beautifully, the grounds are clean and well taken care of, and when you enter you just can't believe how beautiful everything is. We knew this was our venue from the first moment we walked in. From the carpet to the chandeliers, everything is outstanding. Eric Handler and the staff at NYCC became our family during the wedding planning time. They were always there for us. We planned a wedding from out of town which was hard, but Eric was always available for us. From the moment we met Eric we felt extremely comfortable. He answered every question we had and didn’t make us feel overwhelmed. There were certain things and ideas we wanted included in our day and Eric always gave us his professional opinion. He was always respectful and guided us in the right direction when we needed help. Eric never steered us wrong. He was always flexible and open to our ideas to make the day our day and different from any other. He has a lot on his plate but you never saw that. He always made you feel like you were the only couple and the only day he had on his calendar. We are forever grateful to work with such an amazing person like Eric and his staff. We had a lot of big and small details to make our day perfect and Eric went above and beyond with our directions of what we wanted. Him and his staff made everything perfect and even more of what we had visioned. We had a lot of small touches and decorations we wanted out and not once was he bothered or made you feel like you couldn’t add something. From months prior to the wedding to the day of, you were his priority.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I will be forever grateful for choosing NYCC for our wedding. I was a little apprehensive at first because we ended up booking this as our venue before renovations were completed but NYCC exceeded our expectations with the finalized look of the venue. Everything came out so BEAUTIFUL! Eric our Maitre d' was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He had been extremely helpful throughout the process of our planning and the night of our wedding could not have gone any smoother. Eric is very good at what he does and the staff that we had on our wedding day were phenomenal! We still have guests talking about what an amazing time they had and how gorgeous our venue was. My husband and I had our dream wedding all thanks to Eric and the New York Country Club.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Breanna · Married on 06/01/2018

We selected this place for our June wedding and were not disappointed! The staff there is great, Eric deserves special mention because he put in effort to make sure everything went smoothly and everyone stayed calm. The wedding was choreographed perfectly and efficiently and everything went amazingly well. Of course, not to mention, this place is gorgeous and our photographer and videographer were thrilled with all the photo opportunities we had there. The food was great too, can't say enough good things about this place!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kathleen · Married on 05/12/2018

We got married here in May 2018 and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The food, the atmosphere, the service, the landscape - all were of the highest quality and beyond our wildest dreams! Eric, the manager, delivered exactly what we envisioned and honored our every request, no matter how small or large. He and the bridal attendant took care of everything on the day of the wedding so we could relax and enjoy the night!

On our wedding day, the staff escorted us and our photographers on golf carts around the grounds, where we took some of the most breathtaking photos we could have ever hoped for. Even with 225 guests and an 8 piece band, the ballroom felt vast and open, with plenty of room for dancing. And the cocktail hour room - enclosed in glass and overlooking the golf course - can't be beat.

Did I mention the FOOD?! Hands down the best wedding food we ever tasted. The cocktail hour menu offered a wealth of traditional and modern options. Think everything from pasta stations to chicken parmesan skewers to dim sum. The main courses were out of this world, as well. To top it all off, Eric threw in a Belgian Waffle station as an extra dessert for no extra charge. I want to attend another wedding there for the food alone!

So if you’re reading this, stop what you’re doing and book New York Country Club for your wedding!! You will be forever thrilled with your decision. Don't delay! We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/15/2018
    New York Country Club 35
    New York Country Club 36
    New York Country Club 37

Keara · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I had our reception at New York Country Club back in April and it was a dream. The venue itself is gorgeous. We booked NYCC before the renovations were complete and it ended up being even better than we imagined. One of the main reasons we chose NYCC is because of the amazing food. The cocktail hour was over the top and all of the entrees were delicious. Most importantly, there was no stress at any point. Eric was so helpful and easy to work with during the entire planning process and on our wedding day. He really went above and beyond with all of our requests (even last minute and day of requests!)

Sent on 06/28/2018

Christina · Married on 09/09/2017

Cannot say enough about this amazing venue. We signed a contract before renovations were completed, and were so pleased the the new look! It is modern and sleek and any color scheme will fit in this gorgeous space. And the outdoor space for cocktail hour is beautiful as well. Our guests loved taking photos by the fountain, and we had a great sunset with the NYC skyline in the distance.

Eric was a pleasure to work with from the start- he worked with us to build the right wedding package for our families' taste, was very responsive throughout the planning process, and he made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day of. He made the planning a lot less stressful than it should have been!

Thank you NYCC!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Judy · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the New York Country Club. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself, especially with the recent renovations. We loved the view of the outdoors during our ceremony, as did our guests, and it was a gorgeous backdrop for all of our photos. The flow of the wedding from the ceremony outdoors to the cocktail hour area to the reception was smooth and physically laid out well. The reception was elegant, with the chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings providing a romantic ambiance. The food was delicious both during the cocktail hour and the dinner at the reception. The bridal suite was amazing! The service by the staff was very friendly and made us and all the guests feel taken care of. Throughout the whole process of wedding planning, Eric, the Director of Catering and also our Maitre D, was always available for us in whatever questions or requests we had. Working with him was a pleasure, as he not only had the experience, but also was very personable. In short, you have to visit this venue to understand all the qualities that make this venue so wonderful!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    New York Country Club 38
    New York Country Club 39

Speruthia · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I were blessed to have our wedding at NY Country Club with the new renovations. We were getting a whole new venue for such a great price! Aside from the gorgeousness of the outside and indoor venue, this review is truly here to glorify the amazing staff at NYCC. The staff was so hard working and made our experience so seamless. I even peeped some staff enjoying themselves and partying it up with my family lol. Eric, the catering director was such a pleasure to work with! He made it essential to check up on me and followup on a monthly basis from beginning to end. If it wasn't for his dedication, I'm not sure I would have such an organized wedding. Christine, my personal bridal attendant provided by NYCC was outstanding! She helped me and my bridal party get through the day. Everyone was where they needed to be and she even gave suggestions to our photographer for some awesome pictures! Everyone loved her character and she made our night so enjoyable. My family is still talking about our wedding to this day and want to have another event at the same venue. This is definitely the top place I would recommend to have any event, especially a wedding in Rockland County, NY. Many thanks to this amazing location and staff <3 -Mr. & Mrs. Salguero Wedding: 8/12/17

Sent on 10/08/2017

Tom · Married on 12/17/2016

SHHH My daughter and her Husband found the best Venue for their wedding.
    As you can probably guess I am the father of the bride and I am writing this review, because this was the most organized and calm staff I have ever seen. I must first say A big Thank You to Eric Handler and Melissa the bridal suite attendant. My daughters wedding was on Dec 17 and as you can guess it snowed that morning which put everyone in a panic and the wedding did not even start. We arrived at the Venue and Eric and his staff where their in the morning to help the girls get organized and start to get themselves ready for the wedding. Melissa was the bridal suite attendant and she kept the girls organized and also worked on the finale setting up of the Venue. Any time I ask either one of them if I could help, they said yes by sitting down and relaxing. My daughter was married at the Venue, which they have a beautiful room to be able to do the wedding. Eric and Melissa kept us organized with walking down the aisle. Once they where married the party started and everyone was on the dance floor and etc. Every so often you would see Eric come and find me to see if we needed anything. I will say he was always available during the wedding if anything was needed. I would look over to my daughter and I would see Melissa taking care of the newly married couple. Today is Jan 7 and I am still getting calls from people who attended saying how great the wedding was and of course how great the food was.
    As you can guess I would Highly recommend this Venue to anyone looking to having a great wedding experience, minimum stress, great staff and great food.

Thank You, Eric & Melissa for the great experience and support.

P.S. if you need a wedding crasher give me a call.

Tom P.

Sent on 01/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/29/2016

I’ve found that the recipe for the perfect wedding includes the New York Country Club. My husband and I found it by poking around the internet, and found that it was nearby where we live in Pomona—very convenient. The venue itself looks down onto a golf course, but with such AMAZING scenery. And not just “perfect time of the year” either. We went to the NYCC several times throughout the year, and saw it in all conditions: rain, snow, sunshine, and the perfect mixture of fall colors, and it was nothing short of stunning every time. We worked with Eric Handler, who was amazing. There wasn’t anything he said no to. We were able to come in for not one, but two tastings. He was able to fill very…and I mean literally the day before, VERY last minute decisions regarding a “specialty drink” that everyone was drinking the entire night because the drink was that good. Any minor “catastrophe” I created in my head was immediately rectified by him (it never had anything to do with the venue itself either, but he fixed everything anyways –ex. We were supposed to have cupcakes delivered to give to 3 birthday boys, but they didn’t come, so he improvised with cake and candles). And lest we not forget, he found a place for every single decoration I came to play with. I mean floor to ceiling, I overdid it, and they not only found the room for everything, but made it look amazing. The food was incredible. Even after the two tastings, it just got better and better. Even with a very critical set of Italian family members, no one said a bad thing about any of our 3 dinner choices. Not to mention the insane amount of food they provide to you for the cocktail hour. Even if there’s something you wanted that wasn’t on their list of foods, they’d work with you to make it happen. And I don’t know who came up with the idea of bridal attendants, but ours was the best. When I wanted my dress bustled, or a drink in my hand, or food in my belly, she came out of nowhere with everything in hand, and

Sent on 11/27/2016

Liz · Married on 10/22/2016

My wedding on October 22, 2016 was absolutely fabulous ! Eric worked with us from start to finish and was fantastic. Every phone call and email was responded to immediately and he understood my vision and all my ideas. The staff and bridal attendant were beyond great and everyone told me how friendly and accommodating they were. The food is also delicious and they offer a wide variety of appetizers, stations, and main courses. The venue is great because they have a beautiful ball room and an outdoor heated patio with views of the NYC skyline and golf course. The fall foliage made my pictures beautiful. I can't say enough great things and would highly recommend NY Country Club to anyone looking for a venue.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Erika · Married on 09/17/2016

There are no words to describe how perfect our wedding was the NYCC. I can't say enough how helpful, kind and thoughtful both Eric and Christina (Coordinator and Bridal attendant, respectively) were throughout the entire process. Working with Eric in order to get every last detail perfect was the best experience of the entire wedding. At one point I just brought in a bunch of extra decorations and just said "I have no idea where or how to put these." When I walked into the foyer right before I walked down the aisle and saw where and how he placed everything I had dropped off... I was blown away. The food was incredible, the views of the NYC skyline on a clear day were perfect, and the rolling golf course hills were impeccable. Everything I asked for, they made it happen, and as expensive as weddings can be, I truly feel that I got the experience of a 5 star wedding without breaking the bank. I could keep going on and on... just know that you are in the best hands with the NYCC!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Becky · Married on 09/03/2016

We had a fantastic experience at the New York Country Club! My husband and I got married on Sept 3rd of this year. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and there are a tons of great photo opportunity spots, both indoors and outdoors. They have an outdoor ceremony space, with a fully protected indoor alternative for bad weather that still has great views and makes for pretty photos. We felt very happy with our choice in venues, but were surprised to receive an email over the winter that the banquet manager we had booked with was no longer working there, and we would be working with someone completely new to the venue. Of course, this caused us to worry as anyone would. However, when Eric Handler started, our fears were quickly alleviated! He reached out to us, assured us that we had nothing to worry about- he would take care of everything we talked about with the previous banquet manager. He did that and so much more! Everything from extra cocktail hour food choices, to signature his/hers beverages, to special requests for craft beer was granted! Eric made sure to stay in touch with us, and responded to my (numerous) calls and emails as our wedding day approached, in a very timely matter. We were able to drop off a bunch of decorations and accessories the night before, since there was no event Friday night, which was a huge help. The day of the wedding was mostly stress-free for me, largely in part to Eric, my bridal attendant, Melissa, the head waitress, Christina, and the rest of the staff. Everyone was super friendly! Most importantly they set up all the decorations, center pieces (which took some effort) and put up signs and everything so I didn’t have to worry about anything and kept us informed throughout the night of where we needed to be and what was going on (entrances, dances, cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss)! The wedding went off without a hitch, with the staff continuing to be helpful and fun throughout the night. Highly recommend NYCC & Eric Handler!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2015

I got married on 10/9/15 and my wedding was wonderful. When we started looking at venues a family friend suggested we look here, but I initially dismissed the suggestion because I thought it would be out of our budget. I am so glad that I reconsidered and booked with NYCC. Turns out that it was within our budget and they worked with us on the price. The whole planning process was made very easy and any and every question that I had was always answered. We had both our ceremony and reception there and all of our guests have told us what a great time they had, how beautiful the venue is and how delicious and plentiful the food was. My favorite thing about NYCC is the gorgeous outside views and unfortunately it rained on our wedding day and we were unable to get the outside shots that I wanted. Our photographer suggested we do a post wedding shoot and when I contacted NYCC to see if we could come back to take pictures I was told of course and we will be doing that in a few weeks. I highly, highly recommend NYCC for your wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2015