New Orleans Classical & Jazz Reviews

137 | New Orleans, LA

137 Reviews for New Orleans Classical & Jazz

Meggie · Married on 11/05/2011

Planning my wedding from out of state required a leap of faith when hiring all of my vendors. Harry was by far the easiest and most responsive of all of the vendors I worked with. He was quick to answer my questions and came up with a wide selection of different song suggestions for me to choose from. We incorporated some Beatles tunes into the ceremony as well and he and his musicians played them all beautifully! We also had a wide variety of musicians and styles to choose from including classical guitar, trumpet, violins, viola, cello, harpist, and more. I ended up going with the classical guitarist, violin, and trumpet and it sounded beautiful!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Katie A. · Married on 11/05/2011

We truly appreciated how organized and responsive Harry was from the very beginning; he communicated fairly and promptly about your services, and most of all, was very open-minded about our selections. It meant so much to us that he was able to research and provide the guitar and violin arrangement for Tchaikovsky's Pas de Deux, and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring sounded just perfect. On top of that, our vocalists said that he was amazing to work with on the arrangements for "I'll Cover You" and "Marry Me." We received so much beautiful feedback from our guests about how personal and moving the music was, both vocal and instrumental. Not surprisingly, as we have gone back and watched the video, some of our favorite moments from the ceremony are those that involved the music. We will cherish it for many years to come and want to thank Harry again for helping to make our wedding as beautiful and as touching as we had hoped. Five stars!!!

Sent on 01/13/2012

Celeste · Married on 10/15/2011

Harry Hardin was so amazing to work with! He is incredibly talented, helpful, kind, responsive, and accommodating. He emailed us sample music to chose from, which was incredibly helpful. He made suggestions and really was such a pleasure to work with. We were so impressed! The ceremony was just perfect, and we have him to thank for it. We HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 11/07/2011

Shanondora · Married on 10/15/2011

I loved working with Harry. He put together a very very nice and unique ceremony set (or is it compilation?). He even ordered music sheets for a song that he had not heard of before, and his group played it so beautiful. I would recommend him for any event! He is professional, responsive and works with your budget. I can't say enough good things about him and his talented group.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Aubrey · Married on 10/08/2011

They are awesome!! Used them for our Ceremony and Rehearsal Dinner. You should use them for your wedding occasion. They were easy to work with and are amazing musicians. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Marie · Married on 10/02/2011

New Orleans' Finest Musicians were the perfect match for our wedding. Harry was incredibly prompt and thourough in his replies, and helped us pick the songs when we got a bit "lost" in what we wanted, and how many musicians we'd need (he was not at all focused on selling more, but on what we needed at our venue). Harry helped us put together a great set of songs, which worked beautifully on the day. The musicians turned up early to set up their equipment, and spent time practicing to make sure everything was as it should be. I can highly recommend Harry and his team - they made our ceremony unforgettable (and all our guests teary-eyed). Thank you so much for making our special day complete!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2011

I had always envisioned a string trio for my ceremony, and my search brought me to Harry with New Orleans Finest Musicians. They were absolutely amazing. I received so many compliments from my guests on the music. Harry worked with me more than a year in advance and helped us tailor a music program that fit us perfectly; very professional and helpful. He even helped me find a reception band! Look no further brides, this is your pick!

Sent on 12/05/2011

Gayle · Married on 09/24/2011

I had a very small courtyard wedding in the quarter and wanted just a guitarist to play for the ceremony. Harry set us up with John Bagnato. His playing was beautiful and several people in our party commented on how lovely the music was. He even learned a song for our ceremony that was special to us. Harry was responsive to every request and his communication was impeccable. The cost was very reasonable and we would definitely recommend Harry and his musicians to anyone who wants the best.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Josey · Married on 09/03/2011

We absolutely loved the music for the ceremony. Everyone has given us nothing but wonderful compliments about the ceremony music. I got chills during the Ave Maria, and the violin sounded more than amazing. You have no idea how much we'd like to thank you for service and patience on helping us choose the instruments and music. It was all so perfect. Being that I'm the first among my friends to get married, I know I can definitely recommend you for their wedding music!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Stacey · Married on 08/07/2011

Harry was a complete pleasure to work with. I had no idea why type of music I wanted and he was incredibly patient and helpful by sending suggestions and actual recordings. I didn't figure it out until the week of the wedding when I asked him to learn music he didn't know. A true professional and gentleman.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Steve · Married on 06/18/2011

Harry helped us arrange music for both our wedding ceremony (a string quartet) and the reception afterwards (a vocalist and band).

Not only was Harry extremely easy to work with, he was able to find just the "sound" we were looking for, and even helped with the music selection for the wedding ceremony.

The vocalist and band he secured for us was Kristina Morales and the Bayou Shufflers. They were fantastic! Everyone loved their music and had a great time dancing throughout the evening.

I give my highest recommendation to Harry, New Orleans Finest Musicians, and Kristina Morales and the Bayou Shufflers.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Lisa · Married on 06/18/2011

We can't begin to say enough about Harry Hardin and his musicians! Harry was great to work with throughout our entire planning process. He is so helpful with suggestions,coordinating all the music as well as contacting everyone who would be playing the night of our daughter's wedding. He took care of everything. So easy to get in touch with,and quick to respond to our needs. As for the music at the ceremony, it was fabulous! All of our guests can't stop talking about it! Their music really made the whole ceremony special and unforgetable! We hope to have another event that we can request them to play at because we just couldn't get enough!!!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Nikki · Married on 06/12/2011

Harry was so easy to work with, and so flexible in terms of song choices! I did not want typical songs for my ceremony processional and recessional, and he was willing to learn anything that he didn't know. We had Harry and a guitarist, and the music for the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. They knew exactly how to pace the music. They were professional, on time, easy to work with and get in touch with and just so nice! I would recommend them to any bride out there who wants to add a beautiful, special touch to their wedding day! Thank you to Harry and the rest of New Orleans Finest Musicians, you really helped make my special day wonderful!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Karen A. · Married on 06/12/2011

We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful music you provided at our
    daughter's wedding on June 12th, 2011. Your suggestions and help in the planning of the music was
    invaluable. You are such an easy person to work with and you were more on top
    of things than we were. Please know that we can always be used as a referral
    for you.

Many thanks,
    Karen and Jeff

Sent on 06/18/2011

Suzette · Married on 06/11/2011

Harry made my job as mother of the bride so easy when it came to providing ceremony music that was spot on and didn't break the bank. He sent us sites where we could hear the music by the musicians that were scheduled to perform. My daughter was able to give a thumbs up and knew exactly what she selected and how it would sound. No last minute surprises. Thanks Harry. You made our daughter's special day one she will never forget.

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/04/2011

New Orleans' Finest Musicians were extremely easy to work with. I set everything up through email. We had a trio that played jazz music before our ceremony. Then they played a few classical songs for the processional and "When the Saints Go Marching In" for the recessional. These musicians were professional, and we were very happy with their services.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Mary · Married on 06/04/2011

Working with Harry Hardin was a dream. He was professional and endlessly patient with a very scatterbrained bride (me!). He provided just the right balance of the guidance I needed while not being overbearing or opinionated. Beyond being a pleasure to work with, New Orleans’ Finest Musicians did a beautiful job at my ceremony. I would recommend them to any New Orleans bride.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2011

Out of all of my wedding vendors, New Orleans Finest Musicians was by far the best. All of my questions about music and sound (there were many) were answered in LESS than a 24 hour period. Also, being a musician myself, I was looking for a superior level of musicianship and professionalism. I could not have been more pleased with all of these things. I Highly recommend this group of highly talented and professional individuals.

Sent on 06/15/2011

Kristi · Married on 05/27/2011

Cannon/Rivet Wedding 5/27/11. The music for my daughter's wedding last weekend was beautiful. It was everything we wanted it to be. Harry was extremely responsive, his recommendations were spot-on and the music could not have been more perfect. I would recommend Harry for any event and would be happy to use him again. Thanks!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/15/2011

Natalia played violin for a corporate after-work party we hosted in our antiques and art gallery. The music was beautiful and a wonderful addition to the tone of the party. We got a lot of compliments.

Working with Harry couldn't have been easier. He was extremely responsive and was very flexible with us when our times changed slightly for the event. We would definitely use NO Finest again!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Melissa · Married on 05/15/2011

Harry did an amazing job with coordinating with me and was always responsive in my emails to him. He sent me music selections and made sure that we were on the same page as far as style. He was very professional and I would highly recommend him! Our family surprised us at the last minute and had a persian ceremony for us, and Harry worked very well with us to accommodate our needs! We were unsure how the flow of it all would be, but he worked it all out and never let us worry about it! I live in Houston, TX and my wedding was in New Orleans and its always a bit uneasy planning something out of state and not knowing any local vendors, but Harry really came through for us and made us feel so at ease! Thank you Harry for making our wedding so romantic and seeing our vision! Our song we danced to was everlong by the foo fighters and they mixed it up a bit to fit and did more of a ballad and it was perfect! I never thought everlong with a guitar and violin could be so beautiful! Thank you so much Harry!!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Mary · Married on 04/30/2011

We couldn't have been more pleased with the music for my daughter's wedding last weekend. Harry's string quartet played and it was magical. He was so professional and great to work with. I would recommend him highly.

Sent on 05/03/2011

Richard · Married on 04/23/2011

Baldwin/Watkins Wedding 4-23-2011
    Harry Hardin is a 10 not a 5. My daughter's ceremony was at Popps Bandstand in City Park, followed by a reception in City Park. I originally hired Harry to play classical music and add class to the service. My daughter and future son in law announced that it was their wish for rock and roll. What to do? No problem with Mr. Hardin at the controls. He found the sheet music, e-mailed it to his string quartet, so they could adapt way in advance, adapted again when I told him we needed amplified music, and again as the music choices seemed to fluctuate. Last but not least, He and his staff were not in an airconditioned Cathedral or reception hall. The weather while not rainy was QUITE HUMID. Any groans or moans from Harry? Just smiles and positive energy all around him. You can ask Harry for my phone number if you would like to verify this review. Richard Baldwin, Metairie, Louisiana

Sent on 04/25/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/16/2011

Harry was a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to my wedding - the utmost professional, Harry helped guide me through music and instrument selection, was always prompt to return emails and phone calls, and patiently answered all of my uber-detail-oriented-bride questions! The day of my wedding, Harry and his quartet were on-time, looked great, and sounded unbelievable. I was soooooo overjoyed and happy with the results of their playing. At my request, Harry orchestrated a jazzy version of "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, and it turned out even better than I ever could have expected! Harry and the jazz quartet were the perfect compliment to my ceremony!!! I absolutely recommend New Orleans Finest Musicians without reservation!

Sent on 07/10/2011

Jane · Married on 03/20/2011

We really wanted students from either NOCCA (New Orleans Center for Creative Arts) or Loyola’s Music Department to play for our ceremony, for two reasons. First we wanted to support student musicians, and second, we needed to save money to be able to afford Bucktown All-Stars. I emailed some teachers at NOCCA and professors at Loyola for recommendations. A NOCCA teacher called me and said she wouldn’t recommend high school students doing a wedding ceremony, even though they could certainly play the music very well, because of all the timing issues and last minute adjustments that could come up. She did offer to put together an ensemble of NOCCA teachers, but we were determined to have students. A professor from Loyola emailed me and recommended his graduate teaching assistant, Riccardo Emilien, as great trumpeter, and suggested Riccardo could recruit some other students for the ensemble. At the same time I had contacted Harry Hardin of New Orleans Finest Musicians for some advice. He also warned against having a group of students who weren’t experienced at the timing demands of a wedding ceremony. We decided to compromise and have Harry put together 3 musicians from New Orleans Finest Musicians and also have Riccardo from Loyola as the trumpeter. Harry was super flexible and appreciated our effort to include student musicians. We met with Harry to pick out our ceremony music which was really fun, and he did all the rest of the coordinating, including with Riccardo so everyone was on the same page. Harry and his wife and another great musician performed beautifully, and Riccardo did an amazing job on Trumpet Voluntary. We did have a last minute change in number of people walking down the aisle, which affected the timing of the music, so I was glad we had a professional in charge. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire students if you can find a group that plays weddings all the time, but I was unable to, and I’m glad it worked out the way it did.

Also, Harry gave us the confidence we needed to go ahead with having the brass band walk us up the aisle playing the recessional, which was definitely one of the highlights of our wedding day.

You can contact Riccardo Emilien, trumpeter extraordinaire, at rfemilien at gmail.com and Harry Hardin at http://www.neworleansfinestmusicians.com/contact-us

Sent on 11/10/2011