New Orleans Classical & Jazz Reviews

137 | New Orleans, LA

137 Reviews for New Orleans Classical & Jazz

Danielle · Married on 04/06/2013

With less than two weeks to go before my wedding, I realized I hadn't given a single thought to ceremony music. So much for immaculate planning. I decided it would be too bizarre to process in total silence, so I reached out desperately to Harry Hardin and New Orleans' Finest Musicians (also called New Orleans Classical & Jazz).

Harry is the main contact for a group of musicians who play weddings and other special events in the New Orleans area. I was impressed by their website, which lists bios for their performers and several samples so you can hear them play. Harry is able to arrange (with enough advance notice!) for duets, trios or full bands, with many combinations of instruments and performers to suit your needs. As our ceremony only had 17 guests, I felt that anything beyond a solo musician would be overkill. I shot Harry an email and waited, but I didn't have to wait for long. He got back to me within 24 hours saying that he would personally be available, and I was thrilled.

Even on such short notice, Harry was able to accommodate my special requests for 1920's style jazz standards. My husband, who is a musician, was initially unsure about having a stranger play at our wedding since he has such high standards. But by the end of our wedding weekend, he was insistent that I send Harry an email to tell him his playing added a beautiful added dimension to our ceremony. I have to take his word for it, as I wasn't around for most of Harry's services, and was too busy trying to keep it together during his accompaniment as I walked down the aisle!

I won't reveal his fee but suffice it to say it is VERY reasonable for a professional musician, and I felt more than worth it. If you're in the New Orleans area and in need of music for your event, give Harry a call!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Deborah · Married on 03/16/2013

I worked with Harry over several months as we planned my daughters wedding. His involvement in the wedding grew as he first was contracted to do the strings for the wedding. Then we added a brass band for a second line parade from the church to the reception site. We, then, added a Dixieland trio for the cocktail hour. Eventually, I had him acquire a vocalist for the ceremony. Then, my son-in-laws parents got him to provide the jazz trio for the rehearsal dinner. That is a lot of music for one wedding! I cannot say enough about working with Harry. He was very professional yet patient as we developed our wedding music. The musicians for the wedding performed the most beautiful classical wedding music and Sarah Jane McMahon, the vocalist, was exquisite. The brass band got our party started as we paraded to the reception and the Dixieland trio set a nice tone for our cocktail hour. All in all, we feel Harry helped to provide a full New Orleans musical experience for our guests that came from as far as California and New York , as well as our North Louisiana family and friends. With Harry taking care of our music, I truly had no worries about it!

Sent on 04/02/2013

NOLA Finest Musicians were wonderful!!!! Everything was perfect! They are so easy to work with and very professional!!! I highly recommend them!! Harry is great!

Sent on 03/20/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/09/2013

I hired Harry for my March 9, 2013 for my small, outdoor, intimate ceremony. I am an out of town bride, so all of our communication was via email. Harry always replied promptly, and was helpful along the way. He was more than willing to give advice, and suggest songs and arrangements. I chose mostly modern music for the ceremony, and each song sounded amazing. He arrived on time, was professional, and everyone loved listening as they were seating and waiting for the ceremony to begin. I even snuck out of the room to hear him play! My husband met me half way up the aisle to Jason Mraz "I won't give up" Harry timed it perfectly! He had sent me an email with the recording of him playing this song so I knew what he had palnned! He suggested "Firework" by Katy Perry for our recessional. I had not clue how it would sound, but I knew he was the expert, and trusted his judgement. He slowed it down, and it sounded so amazing! I would recommend this song as a recessional to anyone! Harry definitely added that special touch to my ceremony. I'm so glad we chose him! Thanks Harry!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Abby · Married on 12/29/2012

Harry is an absolute pleasure to work with. Professional, prompt, accommodating, and creative, he made our ceremony truly special. We were married two weeks ago and I am still receiving e-mails complimenting the music and inquiring about the musicians. We used a string quartet and all of the musicians were absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend Harry and his cohorts!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Victoria · Married on 11/24/2012

Harry was a pleasure to work with! He provided me with ideas for both traditional and nontraditional songs that would work well with the guitar/violin duo, and even enthusiastically accepted our 'special request' recessional song. We loved it, and our guests did too! Thanks for everything Harry!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Harry was a pleasure to work with. He responded rapidly to all contacts and had lots of suggestions for us to consider. The music played at the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and helped to make the wedding an elegant affair. We were abolutely thrilled with the music!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Can't say enough about my experience with Harry Hardin and New Orleans Finest Musicians. They played at my ceremony on November 9th and did the perfect job. I chose untraditional music (from a soundtrack I loved) and so they had to learn new songs, but it seemed to be seamless. Harry was incredibly responsive to emails and on top of the ceremony program/music from day one. You can't go wrong with New Orleans Finest Musicians. A+

Sent on 11/18/2012

Callie · Married on 11/03/2012

The music was beautiful! Harry was great to work with and was able to play anything I asked! I had great compliments from my guests. I was very happy with the music.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Lacey · Married on 09/29/2012

Harry was very responsive to my e-mails and was always willing to offer suggestions when I needed. He made changes to our music and the order of the processional all the way up to the day of the wedding. He even endured sitting in some rain while still playing music for over half an hour for our outdoor ceremony!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Bridget · Married on 09/29/2012

Harry Hardin was completely wonderful to work with from start to finish! He is knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. He always timely responded to emails and made the music selection process a breeze. Ceremony music for my full Catholic Mass was extremely important to me and they delivered. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/10/2012

After seeing the web site for New Orleans Finest Musicians,I contacted Harry for a solo violinist to play for our very small wedding ceremony. The wedding was in New Orleans and as mother of the groom, I was doing the planning from Birmingham., AL. The bride and groom were coming from Japan. Harry was most helpful, providing links to hear different selections to choose from, adapting our music for a very short aisle, making the process very easy.
    Natalia Cascante, the violinist, arrived in ample time ,and was very professional and pleasant .
    Her performance added so much to the ambiance we were looking for . I recommend them highly and would feel confident wth any of their musicians.

Sent on 08/28/2012

New Orleans Finest Musicians played for our ceremony and they were absolutely perfect! Harry helped me throughout the planning process with song choices and recommendations, answering any questions I had. They showed up on time, dressed nicely, and sounded amazing! Highly recommend them for your wedding ceremony!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Kay · Married on 08/04/2012

New Orleans' Finest Musicians did an AMAZING job at our ceremony. Harry was so laid back and easy to work with which made everything go even smoother. I was a little worried since I know nothing about classical music, but Harry made it easy for me. All I had to do was tell him the type of ambiance and feel I was going for and he gave me suggestions for each part of the ceremony. I barely had to do anything and it all went perfectly! They are very knowledgeable which made it easy for me to trust them. Their performance was flawless and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/28/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/27/2012

New Orleans ' Finest Musicians were incredible! We had a trio for our wedding at the botanical gardens and it was beautiful! The music was perfect! I will definitely be recommending them to our friends and family!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Treasa · Married on 05/27/2012

Harry stepped in at the last minute because of problems we had with other muscisians we booked. He was very helpful, easy to get in touch with and very patient. He had a very large song repertoire and even provided a song my daughter requested. The music and instruments were beautiful! The musicians were also dressed appropriately for the ceremony. I Highly Recommend!

Sent on 07/11/2012

We used New Orleans' Finest Musicians for our wedding in May at City Park in New Orleans. We had a violinist and an acoustic guitar. Harry worked with us to play EXACTLY what we wanted from the pre-ceremony music to the music after the recessional. We had a great experience with them and would use them all over again in a heartbeat :-)

Sent on 10/31/2012

I hired New Orlean's Finest Musician for our wedding. I was planning the entire wedding from Vancouver. Harry was very helpful. Always responded to my requests, questions, emails right away. He went out of his way to learn special music notes for my wedding. He did everything to accommodate us on our wedding day. At the wedding, everything was perfect. He even brought over his own fan to make us less miserable in the sun during our ceremony. If you are looking for classical or jazz then look no further. These guys are professionals and very reliable.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Skipper · Married on 05/19/2012

It was great working with Harry Hardin for our wedding. He asked what we wanted, gave valuable suggestions and shared links for us to hear different instruments. He is very patient.

His musicians are professional and we were very happy with how our harpist created the ambience for our wedding.

I would highly recommend working with Harry.
    Skipper Singer

Sent on 06/08/2012

Joe · Married on 05/04/2012

Harry and his team were extraordinary. He was a pleasure to work with every step of the way and his group was wonderful. We had asked for a more "rock" oriented song to be written for strings and he coordinated this and performed it beautifully. Would not hesitate to recommend him.

Thank you Harry!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2012

New Orlean's Finest was absolutely wonderful. We had a duo (violin - Harry Hardin and guitar - Scott Parro) at our outdoor ceremony and it was just perfect. Harry was willing to work with me on song selection, gave great suggestions and even offered to track down a uklele for me. He was prompt in responding to emails, super easy to work with and worked really well with all of our other vendors. I highly recommend Harry and New Orleans Finest!

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • W

Sally · Married on 04/14/2012

...everyone said the church was beautiful and I think that it was because of your music. The music was so absolutely beautiful and the switch up from the strings to the organ was a wonderful suggestion- so dramatic. Working with you to coordinate was one of the easiest parts of the wedding- in fact, you took that pressure off how things would work at the church.
    I will gladly recommend Harry Hardin.

Sent on 05/13/2012

Jen · Married on 04/07/2012

Harry was a pleasure to work with. He even dealt with a slight mix up when the officiant read out of order. His service added the most special touch to our ceremony, and we will never forget it. Worth every penny!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Ellen · Married on 03/18/2012

Harry Hardin was a true pleasure to work with and we loved the wedding music which he tailored to our desires. I cannot express my appreciation enough regarding his professionalism and outstanding follow up; that is truly a rare gift and we loved working wih him. He was one of the best vendors we've ever worked with from start to finish. His follow through was so prompt and kind and accurate to a tea! We cannot say enough superlatives about the professional quality of his music and working relationship with us! Ellen Martin

Sent on 03/22/2012

Christy · Married on 11/18/2011

I got many compliments on the ceremony music because of these guys. Harry always answered any of my questions to the best of his ability. He was a great help. I would recommend them to anyone! It was a perfect touch to the ceremony.

The instruments we chose were the violin, cello, trumpet, and piano.

Sent on 12/05/2011