125 Reviews for New Orleans Classical & Jazz

Reception (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
125 New Orleans Classical & Jazz Reviews

Harry provided professional and excellent service and musicians! I booked a violinist for my ceremony and jazz trio for reception. He is very detailed and organized, easy to work with, made several song recommendations and suggested flow of ceremony. Working with Harry was one of the easiest parts of planning my wedding. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Leigh, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We loved Harry Hardin and the quartet that performed at our wedding ceremony. I didn't work with him directly, everything was through our wedding planner but it appeared to go smoothly. They definitely added to the vibe we were trying to achieve in our Pharmacy Museum ceremony (and they looked the part!). I would highly recommend them and would hire them again. They were also great because they provided a mic and speakers to use for our ceremony and officiant.

Profile Picture Melanie, 3/17/18, 11 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Trumpet, Ceremony, Sound/PA System

From start to finish Harry and his team created a beautiful atmosphere for our wedding.

Profile Picture Brian, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Trio, Cello, Violin, Ceremony, Reception

Harry and his wife provided violin music to enhance my daughter's wedding music at the church ceremony and it made the music sound heavenly. Harry then provided a wonderful jazz trio for her reception who did a fantastic job. We had so many out of town people who really enjoyed hearing the background music throughout the reception. Any questions or concerns were answered promptly and Harry provided excellent advice. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Jean, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

We were completely and 100% satisfied with New Orleans Classical & Jazz, who provided the music prior to and during our wedding ceremony. Harry was extremely responsive and easy to communicate with, and the other musicians were on-time, professional, and exemplary in their execution. Several of our guests commented on how they enjoyed the string quartet. We would unquestionably recommend them!

Profile Picture Josh, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Harry was a pleasure to work with when arranging ceremony music for my daughter's recent wedding. A violin and cello duo provided beautiful music. Harry was helpful and easy to communicate with in advance, and I knew the music was one service I did not have to worry about. A perfect choice!

Profile Picture Pam, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I worked with Harry to put together the music repertoire to match the ceremony I had planned. He was professional, customer service focused and very organized. He gave me song ideas, samples and structure to shape everything. There are choices for any instrument or instrument grouping you have in mind. He even worked with me to have my friend sing with the musicians. It was one of the most special moments of the evening. The musicians were wonderful! I would recommend them to any bride and groom.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can't say enough about Harry Hardin and his musicians!
My daughter's wedding ceremony was beautiful and the music certainly set the tone for a romantic and sacred event. Harry and his musicians were incredibly accommodating and handled all of our requests with ease. They even played a beautiful stings rendition of " Waltzing Matilda" for the Australian groom that brought tears to everyone's eyes. We had guests in attendance from all over the world (literally, 5 continents represented). Everyone asked " where did you find the amazing musicians?" Get ready to travel, Harry !
You are the best!!

Profile Picture MIssy, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Absolutely one of the best decisions of planning the reception! Don't hesitate, book now!

Profile Picture Nanette, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We employed Harry Hardin's services for our wedding, and they did a spectacular job! He was very easy to work with and very responsive to any questions or requests we had including specific songs in our song list. Once he had the song list and event information, he took care of everything from his end. I highly recommend using his services!!

Profile Picture User7780826, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Wonderful to work with! Beautiful music, so professional; made the ceremony an outstanding experience!

Profile Picture Anne, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

AMAZING! Harry Hardin is the best! Gave suggestions on music for bride, families, bridesmaids, etc. The ceremony music was simply amazing. I went with the harp, violin, cello.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/27/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Our wedding was magical thanks to Harry Hardin’s musicians. We worked with him to customize music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He is able to customize exactly what you’re looking for! We booked a string quartet for our ceremony and a jazz trio for our courtyard cocktail hour + first dance. All of the musicians were professional, talented, and kind. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how beautiful the ceremony string music was – and we loved being able to dance to a live version of La Vie En Rose for our first dance as a married couple. Harry was very easy to work with in the planning process and guided us in the right direction based on what we were looking for. Thank you for making our day sound and feel wonderful!

Profile Picture Clara + Brian, 5/21/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We cannot recommend Harry and his group highly enough! Harry's group performed for my sister's wedding years ago, and there was no doubt in my mind who to pick for our wedding musicians. I was so excited to work with them! Not only are they truly some of the finest musicians in New Orleans, but Harry is a consummate professional. He gave amazingly quick yet thoughtful responses to any questions we had. He also gave great suggestions for songs/arrangements that really captured the feel we were looking for. We worked with Harry to coordinate ceremony musicians (and the right ensemble) as well as a second line band--and the music was phenomenal!! Our ceremony ensemble (including Harry) played magnificently; the music was so incredibly beautiful and moving, and it was the perfect setting to one of the most special moments in our lives. Later, our second line band brought the party with some New Orleans classics. And having been in quite a few wedding second lines, I have to say these guys were fantastic! They were so fun and engaging--everyone had a blast!

If you're considering hiring them, do it--you will not regret it! Having played various musical instruments during my lifetime and being a music-lover, I can say that Harry and his group are first-rate. Music was one of the most important things to us for our wedding, and these guys blew us away. So, thank you Harry and all the musicians at New Orleans Classical & Jazz! We couldn't be happier with y'all!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Organ, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, String-Quartet

I had Harry Hardin ( violin) and Ashley Tomen ( harp) play for my wedding. This was one of the highlights of my wedding! The music was so beautiful and brought tears to so many! I was able to hand pick my selection of songs from various genres. They played everything I requested from Beatles, Classical, Pop, Musicals. Guests have been constantly telling me how much the music reflected my personality. Contacting them was very easy and they respond quickly. They were truly a pleasure to work with and the music was breathtaking.

Profile Picture Claudia, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Harp, Violin

Harry, Thank you so much for the incredible music you provided for my daughter's wedding and second line. The string quartet brought a whole new element to the processional and recessional Beatles songs. They were so wonderful!! The Kinfolk Brass Band led our second line professionally and with great vigor. That was so much fun!! Thank you also for making the arrangements with the fine folks at NOPD. The flawless performance by you and your musicians in flawlessly planning and executing the ceremony and second line music helped make this The Perfect Wedding!!!
mike

Profile Picture Michael, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Cello, Guitar, Viola, Violin, String-Quartet

I cannot say enough good things about Harry and his musicians. I was told by every guest that they had never heard such beautiful music at a wedding ceremony. He led me through the process of picking out which classical pieces would sound best with the instruments we picked out. We even had an opera singer! The music was breathtaking!! It was a pleasure working with someone with such talent and professionalism as Harry. He does it all, from start to finish, so there is no need to worry about anything... just relax and enjoy the beautiful music!

Profile Picture User6423561, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can not say enough great things about Harry Hardin! The entire process was stress-free, and the day-of musicians and arrangements were top-notch and just what I wanted! I highly, highly recommend him to anyone needing musicians; you can rely on him to provide both typical and atypical options for music choices, and rest assured, you will be provided professional musicians who take their job seriously. I also thought the prices were very reasonable.

Profile Picture Tara, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cello, Violin

Harry and his team were by far the most professional + organized partner we contracted for our big day. They were following-up with me rather than the other way around, and made the entire process simple and hassle-free. Truly exceptional musicians who know exactly what to play for the environment you're hunting. 1 million stars.

Profile Picture Ryan, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

New Orleans Classical & Jazz was the perfect choice for our wedding! From my very first phone conversation with Harry Hardin, I felt like I was in good hands. My husband and I were having a destination wedding in NOLA, but were living in New York, and as a classically trained opera singer (with a Masters degree in Music), I was a bit nervous about booking musicians off the internet alone.
However, I knew from the start that Harry from New Orleans Classical & Jazz knew what he was doing. Harry coordinated a classical pianist to play at our rehearsal luncheon, a classical trio to play during our ceremony, a guitarist to play our cocktail hour, and a five-piece jazz band to play at our reception.
First off, I couldn't believe the how fantastic the cellist was who played during our ceremony. I asked for the Bach Cello Suite No. 1 (which I've heard countless times played out of tune) for my bridal party's procession. The cellist nailed it stunningly! I was thrilled.
The guitarist was fantastic during our cocktail hour! He could play both classical and jazz well and was super friendly.
Finally, the jazz band blew me away! They were fun and flexible and while we had given them a couple songs in advance to play for us, they happily accompanied me singing an impromptu song for my mother. They played a drum roll for the bouquet toss and threw in a burlesque-type soundtrack for the garter removal and toss. They picked up on the fact that there were a lot of Minnesotans who wanted a chicken dance and broke out playing it at the end of the night and brought the house down!
We really couldn't have been happier with the services of New Orleans Classical & Jazz and highly recommend them for any musical aspect of your wedding!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We live in New York and had a destination wedding in New Orleans on April 23, 2015. We found Harry through reviews we read online, and after speaking with him on the phone we knew he was the right choice. We had a simple ceremony in the courtyard of hotel Mazarin. We chose to use 2 songs that are meaningful to us and Harry got the sheet music and played them on the violin with someone playing the guitar next to him. During the prelude we had a mix of Beatles, billy Joel, Elton John and other similar music. I cannot describe to you how amazing everything sounded. Before walking down the aisle I just listened and took it all in. We even had people video the ceremony just for the music!! Everyone raved and thought that it was amazing. Harry was exceptional during the whole process of figuring everything out and it far surpassed anything I could have imagined. If you're looking for someone to play at your wedding, New Orleans finest musicians is the place to use!! We keep playing the ceremony back just to listen to the music! Thanks Harry for making our day memorable!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Harry performed ceremony music for our wedding in April at the Maison Dupuy in the courtyard in the French quarter.... I had a violin and a cello and they did absolutely beautifully! Harry was amazing with getting back with me promptly and he was easy when discussing specific songs and willing to work with me and my husband on what we wanted played, when, etc! He was on time and also very professional in person and via email! I recommend him and his others that play with him for a wedding ceremony or any type event! They were awesome and made our wedding day even more special!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The music provided for my daughter's wedding at Latrobe's on Royal was fabulous!! Harry was so professional and easy to work with. He was quick to respond to my emails and offered great suggestions for music choices. The trio was exactly what we were looking for to add an elegant touch to the ceremony.

Profile Picture User4907315, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Harry was extremely helpful and provided wonderful musicians.

Profile Picture Debra, 3/6/15, 1 Review