New Orleans Classical & Jazz Reviews

New Orleans Classical & Jazz 2
New Orleans Classical & Jazz 3
New Orleans Classical & Jazz 4

Amanda Irizarry · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Live Music in New Orleans!

Harry was amazing! I wanted a solo violinist to play the ceremony and part of the reception. When Harry saw what music I wanted, he suggested adding an acoustic guitarist to make the music sound fuller. He was right! The music sounded fantastic and I couldn't have imagined it any other way. He was even able to get sheet music from my Husbands favorite video game to play when he walked down the isle. The musicians were one of the highlights of the night. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how lovely they were. If you are looking for live music to play at your wedding, I highly recommend Harry and his team of fantastic musicians!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Casey Leigh

Casey Leigh · Married on 05/11/2019

Saved the day

My ceremony vocalist had to cancel a couple of months prior to the wedding. I contacted Harry Hardin and he saved the day! He was able to pull together fantastic musicians and helped me coordinate the musical details for a gorgeous ceremony. With him on my team, I knew I was in good hands!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Maggie · Married on 03/29/2019

Excellent flexibility of music choices

Harry was easy to work with and responded quickly to emails. My husband and I are both musicians and we were very pleased with the quality of performance, the selection of songs they already knew, and their ability to make a beautiful arrangement of a new song we requested. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/28/2019
    New Orleans Classical & Jazz 5
    New Orleans Classical & Jazz 6
    New Orleans Classical & Jazz 7

Danna Dirksmeyer · Married on 01/06/2019

The music was beautiful and perfect for the setting.

We had our daughter's destination wedding in New Orleans. She wanted instrumental Fleetwood Mac for her wedding ceremony which is difficult. Harry did a great job-it was beautiful and seamless. I would recommend hiring them for any of you music needs.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Erin Wagner · Married on 12/15/2018

Top Notch Wedding musicians

For my daughter's recent destination wedding in New Orleans a must have was live jazz music. I found New Orleans Classical and Jazz on the internet and from the minute I contacted Harry Hardin he worked with me to satisfy all of our requests including allowing us to choose the instruments in the quartet, pick the music and arrange a special piece for the newlywed's first dance. Harry provided top notch musicians for the wedding and they were so flexible and amenable to all of our requests which included a last minute change to the ceremony music. The music created just the right atmosphere we wanted for the wedding. The musicians were professional and a pleasure to work with. Their music was beyond our expectations and really made a great day even better. I would highly recommend working with Harry on your event. You will be glad you did.

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2018

Second Line Parade and Jazz Trio

I cannot say enough good things about New Orleans Classical & Jazz. Harry is very nice, professional, and super easy to communicate with. We hired Harry and his company for a second line parade brass band and a jazz trio for our wedding reception. Both were incredible! The brass band was super fun and I loved all the music they played. Our guests had an absolute blast dancing up and down the French Quarter in the parade. Harry also handled the hiring of the police escorts, and filing for the parade license. Such a great help to us! Our jazz trio was absolutely amazing too. The musicians were so talented and professional, and it was a treat getting to dance along to their music. Harry is so professional and considerate, he even talked rain plans with me as I was panicking about the weather before our big day. Luckily, the weather was absolutely perfect, but I know even had it rained, we would have still had great music and dancing at our wedding. Everything was so easy with New Orleans Classical & Jazz, I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/19/2018

JUSTINE TAYLOR-RAYMOND · Married on 10/06/2018

10/10 Recommend

I could not say enough great things about Harry Hardin. They played beautifully and really worked with me to play the songs I wanted for my ceremony. We had a special request for when my husband walked in and he got the music and played it! Then I had a friend singing as I walked down the isle and they not only agreed to play with her but emailed directly with her to coordinate the song and set up practice directly with her!!! It took so much off my plate and I was not nervous about the ceremony (at least not the music part!) It meant so much to me to have her sing during the ceremony and I am so grateful Harry Hardin worked with her to make it happen!!! I could not recommend them enough. They will do everything possible to make sure the day is perfect.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Christine · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect and magical

Harry Hardin and his team of musicians are absolutely wonderful. Versatile, talented, and so professional. They were extremely accommodating, flexible and did a fantastic job providing the music for our ceremony. The pulled off beautiful string versions of our song requests seamlessly and flawlessly. Highly recommend.

We had a wedding of ~ 150 people and our ceremony was held outside in the courtyard of the Hermann-Grima House and Museum.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Leigh · Married on 03/31/2018

Harry provided professional and excellent service and musicians! I booked a violinist for my ceremony and jazz trio for reception. He is very detailed and organized, easy to work with, made several song recommendations and suggested flow of ceremony. Working with Harry was one of the easiest parts of planning my wedding. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 04/13/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 03/17/2018

We loved Harry Hardin and the quartet that performed at our wedding ceremony. I didn't work with him directly, everything was through our wedding planner but it appeared to go smoothly. They definitely added to the vibe we were trying to achieve in our Pharmacy Museum ceremony (and they looked the part!). I would highly recommend them and would hire them again. They were also great because they provided a mic and speakers to use for our ceremony and officiant.

Sent on 03/29/2018
    New Orleans Classical & Jazz 8

Brian · Married on 02/17/2018

From start to finish Harry and his team created a beautiful atmosphere for our wedding.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Jean · Married on 11/04/2017

Harry and his wife provided violin music to enhance my daughter's wedding music at the church ceremony and it made the music sound heavenly. Harry then provided a wonderful jazz trio for her reception who did a fantastic job. We had so many out of town people who really enjoyed hearing the background music throughout the reception. Any questions or concerns were answered promptly and Harry provided excellent advice. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Josh · Married on 11/04/2017

We were completely and 100% satisfied with New Orleans Classical & Jazz, who provided the music prior to and during our wedding ceremony. Harry was extremely responsive and easy to communicate with, and the other musicians were on-time, professional, and exemplary in their execution. Several of our guests commented on how they enjoyed the string quartet. We would unquestionably recommend them!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Pam · Married on 10/21/2017

Harry was a pleasure to work with when arranging ceremony music for my daughter's recent wedding. A violin and cello duo provided beautiful music. Harry was helpful and easy to communicate with in advance, and I knew the music was one service I did not have to worry about. A perfect choice!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Laura · Married on 05/06/2017

I worked with Harry to put together the music repertoire to match the ceremony I had planned. He was professional, customer service focused and very organized. He gave me song ideas, samples and structure to shape everything. There are choices for any instrument or instrument grouping you have in mind. He even worked with me to have my friend sing with the musicians. It was one of the most special moments of the evening. The musicians were wonderful! I would recommend them to any bride and groom.

Sent on 05/10/2017

MIssy · Married on 03/11/2017

I can't say enough about Harry Hardin and his musicians!
    My daughter's wedding ceremony was beautiful and the music certainly set the tone for a romantic and sacred event. Harry and his musicians were incredibly accommodating and handled all of our requests with ease. They even played a beautiful stings rendition of " Waltzing Matilda" for the Australian groom that brought tears to everyone's eyes. We had guests in attendance from all over the world (literally, 5 continents represented). Everyone asked " where did you find the amazing musicians?" Get ready to travel, Harry !
    You are the best!!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Nanette · Married on 02/04/2017

Absolutely one of the best decisions of planning the reception! Don't hesitate, book now!

Sent on 02/07/2017

A · Married on 01/14/2017

We employed Harry Hardin's services for our wedding, and they did a spectacular job! He was very easy to work with and very responsive to any questions or requests we had including specific songs in our song list. Once he had the song list and event information, he took care of everything from his end. I highly recommend using his services!!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Anne · Married on 10/01/2016

Wonderful to work with! Beautiful music, so professional; made the ceremony an outstanding experience!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Erica · Married on 08/27/2016

AMAZING! Harry Hardin is the best! Gave suggestions on music for bride, families, bridesmaids, etc. The ceremony music was simply amazing. I went with the harp, violin, cello.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Clara + Brian · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding was magical thanks to Harry Hardin’s musicians. We worked with him to customize music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He is able to customize exactly what you’re looking for! We booked a string quartet for our ceremony and a jazz trio for our courtyard cocktail hour + first dance. All of the musicians were professional, talented, and kind. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how beautiful the ceremony string music was – and we loved being able to dance to a live version of La Vie En Rose for our first dance as a married couple. Harry was very easy to work with in the planning process and guided us in the right direction based on what we were looking for. Thank you for making our day sound and feel wonderful!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Meghan · Married on 04/23/2016

We cannot recommend Harry and his group highly enough! Harry's group performed for my sister's wedding years ago, and there was no doubt in my mind who to pick for our wedding musicians. I was so excited to work with them! Not only are they truly some of the finest musicians in New Orleans, but Harry is a consummate professional. He gave amazingly quick yet thoughtful responses to any questions we had. He also gave great suggestions for songs/arrangements that really captured the feel we were looking for. We worked with Harry to coordinate ceremony musicians (and the right ensemble) as well as a second line band--and the music was phenomenal!! Our ceremony ensemble (including Harry) played magnificently; the music was so incredibly beautiful and moving, and it was the perfect setting to one of the most special moments in our lives. Later, our second line band brought the party with some New Orleans classics. And having been in quite a few wedding second lines, I have to say these guys were fantastic! They were so fun and engaging--everyone had a blast!

If you're considering hiring them, do it--you will not regret it! Having played various musical instruments during my lifetime and being a music-lover, I can say that Harry and his group are first-rate. Music was one of the most important things to us for our wedding, and these guys blew us away. So, thank you Harry and all the musicians at New Orleans Classical & Jazz! We couldn't be happier with y'all!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Claudia · Married on 03/26/2016

I had Harry Hardin ( violin) and Ashley Tomen ( harp) play for my wedding. This was one of the highlights of my wedding! The music was so beautiful and brought tears to so many! I was able to hand pick my selection of songs from various genres. They played everything I requested from Beatles, Classical, Pop, Musicals. Guests have been constantly telling me how much the music reflected my personality. Contacting them was very easy and they respond quickly. They were truly a pleasure to work with and the music was breathtaking.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Michael · Married on 03/05/2016

Harry, Thank you so much for the incredible music you provided for my daughter's wedding and second line. The string quartet brought a whole new element to the processional and recessional Beatles songs. They were so wonderful!! The Kinfolk Brass Band led our second line professionally and with great vigor. That was so much fun!! Thank you also for making the arrangements with the fine folks at NOPD. The flawless performance by you and your musicians in flawlessly planning and executing the ceremony and second line music helped make this The Perfect Wedding!!!
    mike