31 Reviews for New Church Wedding

todo alt text
Counseling (4)
No Denomination (4)
Single Religion (3)

We cannot say enough about Chuck, we feel so lucky to have had to opportunity to work with him before and during our wedding, we can't wait to continue seeing him in the years to come. Chuck came highly recommended and after our first phone call I knew he would be perfect! Still he exceeded our expectations, we looked forward to every meeting because afterwards we would always feel better than when we came. Additionally our friends and family couldn't say enough about how amazing he was at our ceremony. They felt that he was truly invested in us and felt that even though we were in a church full of people Chuck was only focused on the two of us. We are thrilled to have Chuck in our lives, not only did he make our preparation for our marriage and ceremony wonderful, he gave us the tools and confidence to have a strong and successful marriage.

Profile Picture Krista, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The first time my husband and I talked to Chuck Blair we knew that we were in good hands. Throughout our wedding planning process Chuck kept us grounded as he guided us on our own journey through talking about God's love, how to love one another, and what marriage truly means. My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Chuck's positive and energizing spirit, as well as his wisdom and knowledge of relationships. Our wedding ceremony was perfectly intimate and included many personal touches. Thank you Chuck and New Church Live!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Rev. Chuck Blair several years ago at my sister's wedding. My sister and her husband couldn't say enough wonderful things about Chuck and since their wedding he has baptized family members and become apart of our family! When it was time for my husband and me to start the wedding planning process, Chuck was the first person we contacted. Neither of us are very religious people but going through pre-marital classes was something that was important to us. Living out of state, Chuck made this incredibly easy by conducting our classes via Skype. We felt so ready and prepared for our wedding day and life afterwards. So many people came up to us after our rehearsal, and of course, after the ceremony to tell us how beautiful it was. Chuck took the time to talk to so many of our guests and made a lasting impression. Chuck has a way with words and truly captures the spirit of each couple's relationship. Our entire wedding day was incredibly special, but the ceremony is by far my fondest memory. We can't recommend Rev. Chuck enough, he is truly one of a kind.

Profile Picture Jillian, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck was better than we could have imagined and made our wedding ceremony the most memorable time of the day. My wife and I are from different religious backgrounds and neither of us are members of the New Church, thus we were a bit nervous going into the process. However, after meeting Chuck that quickly faded and we found that we developed a good friendship with him. Chuck took the time to get to know each of us individually and as a couple so that he was able to make our ceremony personalized. At the same time the lessons we learned from him left us feeling better prepared for marriage.

We would highly recommend Chuck to anyone and could not have been happier. Our family and friends, who have a variety of backgrounds, all loved Chuck's ceremony and had positive things to say as well.

Profile Picture John, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck Blair is out of this world! He was so in tuned to Us as a couple and really listened to everything we said! We loved all the sessions we did with him leading up to our wedding and we will
Continue to check with him regularly. We connected with chuck as a mentor and spiritual guide off the bat! Our service was so intimate and personal and we had so many compliments from our guests on how amazing he was and how Much they loved his service! I look forward to meeting with chuck and plan on keeping in touch with him as he made the start of our journey on marriage so special!

Profile Picture megan, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If we could give Chuck 10 stars, we would. He was such a large part of our wedding. He made it so intimate, so special and so perfect. We feel SO lucky that we came across Chuck. I couldn't imagine our wedding without him! Everyone was just raving after the wedding about how great he was. We met with him a couple of times before the wedding, which I highly recommend, and we absolutely plan on keeping in touch him for years to come. He is a great person to include in your special day. Look no further - Chuck is the best! Truly a blessing that we found him.

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Chuck was amazing. There is not a bad word we could say about him. He truly cares about his couples and spends time working with you to not only get to know you but also to help strengthen your relationship. We were out of the country while planning most of our wedding yet he still made time to have skype meetings with us! The ceremony couldn't have been more perfect. It was a wonderful blend of happy, funny and personal. We had MANY of our guests tell us how much they enjoyed Chuck at our ceremony. He had people laughing and crying (happy tears) with his quotes and words of wisdom. We loved all of the personalized touches he included while still keeping the ceremony to a good length. He is such a kind person and we look forward to keeping in touch with him for years to come! We would recommend Chuck in a heartbeat to anyone!

Profile Picture Karalee, 6/5/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Counseling, No Denomination

When everyone assumes that the Pastor that married you has known you since birth, you know you’ve picked a good one! Chuck was the perfect mix of serious, funny and sentimental. He took the time to get to know us, as a couple and individuals, which really showed in our ceremony. Everything was perfect, from his use of our band, to his involvement of our friends and family, he made us feel truly loved on our wedding day. The meetings that we had before the wedding really helped us to learn each other as a couple and made our actually ceremony that much more intimate. Chuck deeply cares about the couples he marries and it shows. Everyone there said that it was one of the best ceremonies they had seen! We will definitely check in with him (even from LA) for some grounding post wedding, he is a perfect sounding board and voice of reason, we could not have been more pleased with how our day went!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: No Denomination, Counseling, Single Religion

I cannot say enough about Chuck. He was truly amazing. He was excited about our wedding but more importantly he was genuinely invested in our marriage. We met with him 5-6 times before our wedding via Skype and talked through any struggles that we were having at that time, what both of us hoped for in our marriage, and ways to improve our relationship. Throughout the process he was flexible with when we would meet and responsive via email. We had so many guests comment on how beautiful the ceremony was and how much they loved Chuck. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Chuck and New Church.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Counseling, Single Religion

Hiring Chuck as our officiant was hands down one of the best investments we made for our wedding day and our marriage. From the day we met Chuck he was warm, welcoming and professional. As a couple, we took advantage of all six counseling sessions that he offers in his services. Each time that we left counseling, we left feeling connected and that we had learned something new about communication in our future marriage While his sessions had religious undertones we felt that the overall climate of our counseling was about making the session unique to our needs, emphasized communication, and encouraged discussion topics about aligning our spiritual and lifetime goals.

On our wedding day Chuck provided us the most romantic, personalized ceremony, incorporating many of the elements from our counseling sessions. He even collaborated with our violinist to add a musical element to the charge. After our ceremony, all of our guests asked where we had known Chuck from and commented on the excellence of his service.

We cannot thank Chuck enough for making our day so special, memorable and personalized!!- F&B

Profile Picture Brianne, 9/18/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, No Denomination

Rev. Chuck Blair officiated our wedding and was positive, encouraging, and accommodating throughout the process - most importantly I consider him an irreplaceable part of that day.

(1) Marriage Prep - Despite my wife and I being in separate locations prior to the wedding, Rev. Chuck Blair coordinated 6 marriage prep sessions to help us understand what we were getting into. In addition to helping my wife and me, we also got to learn more about Rev. Chuck Blair and learn from his experience - I highly recommend this.

(2) Flexibility - Very accommodating to my wife and I who are at different places in faith, and were at different physical locations prior to the wedding.

(3) Service - Excellent both leading up to and at the ceremony. He was responsive and professional throughout the process.

Profile Picture User5572575, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Counseling

We couldn't be happier about having Chuck as our officiant. We have learned so much from him during our meetings that we will remember forever. We were blown away during our ceremony. Chuck remembered so many details and events that happened during our wedding planning process and included them. Our guest are still raving about how much they loved being so involved, the ring blessings, and they are still calling us to talk about the ceremony. I could never thank Chuck enough for making the most important day in our lives just that much more special with his ceremony. Its a time our family, friends, and Tim and I will never forget! Not only did we get an amazing ceremony but we gained a lifetime friend in Chuck!

Profile Picture Janel, 2/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Picking our officiant was something I was a little nervous about. My husband and I were both raised Catholic, but do not practice. All my nerves went away the moment we skyped with Chuck. He made us feel so welcomed, so comfortable, and really helped us connect. Chuck made our wedding so special! He did everything we asked and more. We really wanted a short, celebration, that invited our friends and family into our relationship. That is exactly what we got. I hope our relationship with Chuck isn't over, and that he remains in our lives, and relationship. If you are lucky enough to have Chuck at your wedding, you will not be disappointed, that is a promise.

Profile Picture User3524290, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

Wow! Wow! Wow!
We were impressed with Chuck the first time we met with him!
He gave us suggestions for our wedding, but most importantly he gave us guidance on our upcoming marriage. Chuck was always available to talk with us and answer any questions we had. He is kind, understanding, compassionate, loving and fun!
On our wedding day he blew us away!!! He made our ceremony so personal and very touching.
Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was. He made it so incredibly special. We love Chuck and we could not have asked for a better officiant!
We do not live close, but we have considered going to New Church Live because of how wonderful his words are and how great he is! He was not only our wedding officiant, but he is a mentor and a friend to us now.
We highly recommend Chuck Blair!

Profile Picture Hillary, 7/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Having little to no idea of exactly what we wanted for our wedding ceremony there was one thing we were sure of, we wanted to be present and have our friends and family feel engaged as well. From our first meeting I knew we were in great hands. Chuck immediately put us at ease and started some wonderful conversations not only about our ceremony, but about our relationships in general. He brings a fresh, calming, fun and very spiritual approach to planning a wedding ceremony and I absolutely LOVED our charge he delivered just for us - completely tailored and personal. After attending MANY weddings myself I will also add there were no cliche sayings (ie: may the sun be at your face and the wind be to your back...etc.), truly unique and special. Chuck also offers a light approach to the introduction to the teachings of the New Church. If you are looking for a "home" church Chuck is a wonderful Pastor at New Church Live and provides so many fun ways to get involved with the community. I would highly recommend Chuck Blair to anyone looking for a spiritual, personal and fun approach to a wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Where is the sixth star to click? Rev. Chuck Blair was without a doubt, the difference-maker for our marriage. Read that carefully, he was more than a wedding vendor. He a guide, a mentor, a pastor, a counselor, a friend. From the first day we met him at the New Church Live to the followup after our wedding day, Rev. Chuck helped us more fully understand the blessing of marriage, unify two not precisely aligned religious backgrounds, and asked all the right questions to bring us closer to one another (something we didn't think was possible!). He was fun, funny, improvisational, and yet absolutely reverent, meaningful, an inspirational. We would highly recommend Rev. Chuck Blair.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/29/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

He was very flexible with our discussions during our meetings with him. Our service was very personal to us as a couple. He was very supportive during the preparations for our wedding and also after. After sharing his stories, thoughts, and experiences about marriage, we felt more prepared for and confident about our marriage. As a person, he is accepting, laid back, lighthearted, and fun.

Profile Picture Erika, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I chose to get married around the Philadelphia area, which is where neither of us grew up. As a result, one of the most concerning decisions for our wedding was who would officiate the ceremony. Reverend Chuck was recommended to us through our venue (Cairnwood Estate) and once we met him, all my reservations of having someone "new" in our lives officiate our wedding disappeared. He gives you the option to meet with him multiple times before the wedding and it was the best decision we made. As the wedding day crept closer, the meetings with Chuck were a great time-out for my husband and I to focus on what was truly important: us, our marriage, our future together, and our dreams. It is now almost three weeks since our wedding and I am still getting compliments on how beautiful and loving Rev Chuck's charge was and I honestly do not think there was a dry eye watching. I highly recommend Chuck, not only as a great officiant but as a great mentor and friend to have throughout the wedding process. -Marci and Mike, 4-27-2013

Profile Picture Marci, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found New Church Wedding through WeddingWire and couldn't have been more lucky to meet Chuck! We started by going to one of his services to see how he preached and then met him for lunch to discuss wedding details. Over the year, we met with him several times where we gave us "homework" assignments (which we loved and had so much fun with!) and we really feel the meetings helped us to grow stronger as a couple. Chuck has such a personality! And he brought such a special spark to our engagement, rehearsal, and ceremony and truly helped to make our wedding ceremony beyond memorable for our families, friends, and especially us. When we met Chuck, we didn't just find our wedding officiant, we found a friend, confidante, and supporter unlike no one else.

Profile Picture Kate, 1/19/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Chuck as our Officiant was the best thing that Pat and I could have done for ourselves. He helped us recognize special things about ourselves and each other and things we needed to work on, alone and together. His ceremony was phenomenal. Never have I seen pictures of a ceremony where the guests are leaned forwarded, smiling and engrossed in what was being said.

Profile Picture Jenn, 9/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We feel truly blessed to have had Reverend Chuck to marry us. He is a very special man that helped us to truly appreciate and enjoy the true meaning of our unity. We hope to continue to have him as a part of our growing lives together.

Profile Picture Hilly, 9/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Chuck was everything we could have hoped for in an officiant. His humor, kindness, and reassurance made planning our ceremony stress free and easy to manage. His insight and experience lend themselves to thoughtful and creative discussions that enriched our experience and led us to have a unique ceremony that felt authentic and true to our individual beliefs and values. If you are looking for an open minded person who is genuinely interested and invested in helping you create a ceremony that not only meets but surpasses your expectations, then this is your guy. After my wedding we heard from our friends and family that it was hands down the most meaningful and enjoyable ceremony they had ever witnessed. Choosing to work with Chuck was definitely one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding... you will NOT regret it!

Profile Picture C, 12/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding was on August 7th, 2010 and till this day all of our guests continue to talk about the magic that surrounded them during our ceremony at the Bryn Athyn Cathedral. Our officiant, Chuck Blair, is not what I call the "typical" officiant. From the moment you meet him his genuine care for those around him is contagious. He allows the bride & groom to reflect on themselves as well as their partnership together. He is not judging and brings the New Church philosophy to life as his words simply capture your souls. During our wedding ceremony he gave voice to our love and an incredible understanding of who we and the world around us are. Our guests were speechless to how well Chuck connected with us and with them as our guests. If you are looking for an unforgettable and ethereal experience, I highly recommend Chuck Blair and a New Church Wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

To be married by someone who would allow us to express our thoughts about love, life, marriage, and the future in our own words was among our highest priorities. It was within minutes of meeting Reverend Chuck Blair that we knew we had found someone special. We didn’t realize, however, that we had found a true renaissance man. In addition to providing his wisdom, his insights, and his guidance, Chuck also became a mentor and confidant. He brought us to a much greater understanding of the sanctity of marriage and to what it meant to be committed to one another. Most importantly, Chuck Blair became a friend whose humor, wit, and wisdom bound us together on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Bridget, 7/5/10, 6 Reviews