New Chapters Photography Reviews

New Chapters Photography 5
New Chapters Photography 6
New Chapters Photography 7
  • Erin · Getting married on 06/06/2020

I'm so happy that I chose Jeff to photograph my Febuary wedding! He was flexible, responsive, creative, and the pictures are gorgeous. As soon as I got my photos my family and I spent hours looking through them, trying to pick out our favorites. We could not be happier. If there is one element of your wedding you cannot settle for, it has to be the photos. Make sure you get the best!

Sent on 04/18/2012

Alyssa · Married on 05/12/2018

Yoko and Sam did such an amazing job capturing our wedding day! I highly recommend Jeff Benzon Photography he seriously made our day so much easier!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Carissa · Married on 05/11/2018

Jen was the photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. Working with her was so easy and effortless. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and directed us how to pose. She was also really sweet and easy to get a long with and talk to. Behind the scenes working and communicating with Jeff was amazing. He is also easy to work with and very accommodating. Both Jeff and Jen took away some of the stress that comes along with wedding planning. Not to mention our pictures turned out amazing!!!!!! I would highly recommend using them!!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2018

To anyone out there in the Harrisburg area, you MUST contact Jeff. I literally cannot find the words to describe how thankful, amazed, blown away, pleased, etc, etc, I am with Jeff. It's obvious to say his photos are phenomenal but he also made my husband comfortable in front of the camera. Jeff would guide us with how he wanted the picture but he wouldn't position us so we could be ourselves and do what is natural for us. It misted during our engagement shoot and I wanted to proceed with the shoot and Jeff still blew me away with our photos. Fast forward to the wedding photos and I am literally struggling to find which photo(s) I want to use around the house. Hands down, getting a good photographer is the most important investment and if you want the BEST, call Jeff Benzon.

Sent on 05/18/2018
    New Chapters Photography 15
    New Chapters Photography 16
    New Chapters Photography 17

Katie · Married on 03/24/2018

New Chapters Photography is a preferred vendor at the venue where my now husband and I were married. We met with several photographers before deciding to work with Sten at New Chapters Photography: we felt like we could really trust him and we loved the samples of his work that we had seen. Sten drove to DC for our sunrise engagement shoot – he cued us in ways that made us laugh very naturally and just feel at ease, and it really showed in our pictures. At our wedding, he was able to timely coordinate group photos with ~40 people between our immediate family and bridal party, and still have plenty of time for a session with just my husband and myself. We received our engagement pictures and wedding pictures timely and we’re in love with all of them! We also rented a photo booth from New Chapters Photography and our guests LOVED it: between the live photographer, the fun props, and the black and white 4x6 prints guests received immediately, it was a huge hit - and we love having digital copies of all the fun pictures everyone took!

Sent on 06/04/2018

New Chapters Photography's reply:

You guys are beyond awesome! Thank you so much!

Erika · Married on 12/16/2017

We cannot say enough great things about Sten! He was extremely easy to work with, made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process, (as my husband does not enjoy getting his picture taken and had no problem with Sten taking our engagement pictures for over an hour), and worked around our schedules to coordinate the engagement shoot since we lived out of state. He has an eye for special moments and his final products become iconic snapshots of memories. He is extremely talented in his editing, likes to experience with fun and different lighting, and a joy to be around. Along with Sten, Priscilla was also a delight to work with—they were both professional, organized, and overall great people. You will not regret booking them as your wedding photographers! We are so grateful we did and cannot wait to use their services for future life events!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Amelia · Married on 10/07/2017

Hands down, Jeff has to be the most amazing vendor I have ever encountered. His work ethics, professionalism and sense of humor were outstanding and played a major role throughout the wedding. Getting the perfect shot was also very important to him. I watched him go through some pretty intense lengths to get the perfect shot. Again, amazing describes Jeff perfectly. Thank you so much Jeff!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

Jeff is the ABSOLUTE best!!! I soon as I looked through his blog and website the first time, I knew he was the only photographer I wanted for our big day! Jeff was so easy to work with, schedule calls with, and extremely responsive to emails. Our engagement shoot was seamless - he made us feel at ease and trekked around Baltimore City with us to capture all the spots we wanted. On our wedding day, Jeff met me and my girls at my parents' and his assistant spent the morning with my groom and the guys. The timeline for the day - with Jeff's help - was perfect and everything went exactly as planned. Jeff captured shots of every detail I spent months planning, and he obviously captured every special kiss, dance, and the most epic cake smash. My husband and I spent hours looking over each shot once we got them back and reminiscing over the best of days! We would recommend Jeff to anyone. He will give you pictures to truly treasure forever!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Krysten · Married on 09/16/2017

WOW! All I can say are fantastic things about Jeff and his team of photographers for my wedding photos. I chose Jeff and his team through a referral and I could not have been happier with the service, professionalism, advice and accommodations from everyone that I worked with. Jeff is a truly nice guy - he wants for each couple to get exactly what they want and gives advice when asked to make it better. He responded quickly through emails and worked late to take after work phone calls. I chose to work with Yoko, a member of Jeff's photographer team, for both our engagement and wedding photos. She is awesome! She let my fiancé and I get comfortable in front of the camera and also allowed us to pick some poses and settings that worked for us. During my wedding, she showed up early with her 2nd photographer, Sam, to "case" the reception area and I am pretty sure both stayed later then expected to get some nighttime shots. Sam was in charge of photos of the groom and groomsmen and my husband was VERY happy with how he worked with them. We are so looking forward to seeing our wedding photos! Thank you Jeff, Yoko and Sam!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Amy · Married on 09/03/2017

Sten and Priscilla are so fun to work with!

Getting in touch with them was always easy, even when Sten was on vacation he always responded to us.
    Everything from a photo survey to payment is all done online (he sends you the links through email).
    You can add extra hours of service (we started with 8 but then added more to have them for 12 hours.)
    They take about 5,000 pictures on your wedding day. From classic getting ready shots for the bride and groom to all the formal family and wedding party poses. We also had them stay to capture our reception!
    We got all of our pics done before our ceremony and it made the day so much better! They keep things moving and we were actually ahead of schedule.
    They both are hilarious, easy going, and just fun to hang out with. But they also know their stuff about photography so that's cool too!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Linda · Married on 07/08/2017

Many of my close friends and family commented that I was a very calm bride, but how couldn't I be with such an amazing, friendly, energetic, goofy, and talented photography crew? Jeff and Yoko were quick and radiated positive energy all day long (even for a hot July day)! Jeff was so fun and made us feel relaxed at our engagement photo shoot. We love and will forever cherish our wedding photos. Our family and friends were blown away by their talent and creativity! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kara · Married on 06/17/2017

We can't say enough great things about Jeff! He is so awesome to work with- stayed in touch with us and answered any questions we had. Our engagement shoot was so fun and he shot the most incredible pictures! He made the day of the wedding go so smoothly and was just an awesome photographer. So professional and easy to work with! Would recommend him in a heart beat!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2017

Jeff and his team were AWESOME! We had a fantastic experience with them, and they were accountable and thorough throughout the wedding process! Yoko and Priscilla were fantastic to work with on our wedding day, and Jeff did an amazing job editing all our pictures. I knew Yoko and Priscilla had high standards for their work, and tirelessly photographed our special day for the best shots! We are so grateful!

When I was initially searching for a photographer, I did the standard research comparing websites. All the photos looked pretty, professional, formal, but Jeff's photos consistently had an extra edge to them. A little more character and emotion, personal, better lighting, taking seemingly mundane wedding photos up to quality professional work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/28/2017

Jeff is incredibly talented and wonderful to work with!! Not only is he fun, cool, and awesome - Jeff is professional and you can trust that he will deliver the most beautiful pictures of your wedding day. We truly have pictures that capture the people we love the most, and are also beautiful pieces of art. I am so excited to display the photographs everywhere in our home. We will cherish these forever. The pictures we have shared so far with family and friends have gotten SO many compliments and people have told us how they have never seen pictures like this! Everyone is asking us to see more and they would love copies. In addition to the photographs, Jeff was proactive with scheduling his own details of our wedding day, and even gave me other wedding planning tips. We felt comfortable taking pictures with Jeff and were very relaxed. My husband is super self conscious about his smile, but Jeff knew how to help us relax and capture great shots. I highly recommend Jeff to all recently engaged couples!!! Thank you, Jeff for sharing your talents with us!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    New Chapters Photography 18
    New Chapters Photography 19
    New Chapters Photography 20
    New Chapters Photography 21

Amy · Married on 11/11/2016

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with. I bothered him day and night with silly questions and how to do the "desired" pictures for the wedding day. Himself and his team helped organize everything and made the planning process go so smoothly. I chose to have Yoko as my main photographer for the wedding day and her work was phenomenal. The pictures are exactly what we imagined and a beautiful memento from the best day. I would choose to work with them over and over again!

Erin · Married on 11/04/2016

Don't think twice!! Jeff is amazingly talented and a crazy amount of fun. Wedding pictures are absolutely beyond perfect and so was he.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Alex · Married on 10/08/2016

We were absolutely thrilled with the service that we received from Jeff Benzon Photography. Yoko was our photographer, and she and Jeff were both pleasures to work with. They were extremely responsive to our needs, provided manageable timelines for getting the pictures done (and met them!), and Yoko shot both our engagement and wedding shoot extremely well. So, so happy we selected Jeff and Yoko, and the price point was extremely competitive. We will treasure the pictures that Yoko took forever.

Bri · Married on 09/04/2016

We used Jeff Benzon Photography for our engagement photos and wedding. Yoko was our photographer for both events and she was truly beyond amazing. Our engagement photos were taken in January (the coldest day of the winter) with 2 feet of snow on the ground. We were feeling a little uncomfortable having our photos taken and we had our uncooperative puppy in many of the pictures, so we left feeling like there was no way we got the shots we were hoping for. We were so wrong! The photos (which came back quickly) were perfect! On our wedding day, we joked that Yoko was a ninja. She was there for every important moment without being the least bit intrusive. She was climbing on top of and under things to get the pictures she wanted. She always has a vision and we learned quickly to trust her guidance. We also really loved working with Nancy, the 2nd shooter, on our wedding day. Throughout the process, Jeff was GREAT to work with. He answered all of my questions in a very short amount of time and kept me calm and on track. We can't wait to receive our pictures! I HIGHLY recommend using Jeff and Yoko for your big day- you won't regret it!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Garry · Married on 08/20/2016

Sten is THE MAN. He did our engagement and wedding photos and they couldn't have possible turned out any better. Working with him was great, he was professional, responsive and, very important for us, fun! He put us at ease with the whole process and it was so easy to be ourselves in front of the camera. He was able to snap great moments for the engagement shoot and really capture the true feeling of the wedding day, especially the fun moments of everyone on the dance floor. We really can't say enough how fun it was working with him and how great everything turned out. We'll surely be looking at this awesome photos for years to come and couldn't be happier to have made the decision to work with Sten and New Chapters Photography. Without a doubt we would wholeheartedly recommend anybody to work with Sten for any event. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/06/2016

samantha · Married on 07/22/2016

Jeff was some of the best money we spent at our wedding. Being from NY, I found Jeff and his talent blew all other NY photographers out of the water. Jeff was quick to respond and thorough when it came to everything. His work is absolutely spectacular and I highly recommend checking out his blog and using his uniqueness to your advantage because he is anything but cookie cutter. He went above and beyond to help my husband and i create our unique "workout" style engagement shoot which included reaching out and finding a shooting spot and then traveling all the way to NY for our wedding day. Not only was he an amazing photographer but he becomes an awesome friend!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/25/2016

We worked directly with both Jeff and Yoko. Jeff worked with us on the business aspect and made everything clear cut and very easy going. Yoko photographed our engagement shoot and wedding. She was also easy to work with, and although it was our first time in front of the camera she made it enjoyable as opposed to awkward. We chose to hire them for our wedding because of their creative photos and positive reviews and we're extremely happy with the outcome!

Cole · Married on 06/25/2016

We discovered Sten through his business partner, Jeff. From the very first email, Sten was responsive, friendly, professional, and extremely accommodating. Being a gay couple, we were a little nervous with how our marriage would be received by various venues and people within the wedding industry. Sten was nothing but accepting and had many different ideas in terms of posing, lighting, and scenery, but was also very willing to listen to and implement our own ideas.

Honestly, we cannot say enough positive things about Sten. We are both craft beer fans, and he met us for an initial consultation at a local brewery. We had very the ambitious goal of capturing a GQ magazine studio look for the style of our engagement portraits, and Sten was able to create that for us. On the day of our wedding, Sten and his assistant Priscilla were fantastic. They were both wonderfully friendly and professional, and their presence made our special day all the more enjoyable. The photo sessions we took part in on our wedding day were fun, and it was obvious that Sten and Priscilla shared in our excitement.

When we received the photo package from our wedding day, we were thrilled with the quality and beauty of the photos that Sten was able to capture. Every photo reinforces our fond memories of that day and we feel both grateful and lucky to have chosen Sten to be our wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kristy · Married on 06/25/2016

Excellent photos and photographer!! Jeff was very professional and friendly, he wasn't afraid to joke with us. On top of having a great photographer. Jeff was easy to reach, and just amazing to work with. He made both my husband and I feel comfortable! Finally, my engagement and wedding photos were available fairly quickly after both events! Very happy with everything overall!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Michael · Married on 05/28/2016

Sten and his team are absolutely amazing. From our initial meeting, all the way until the last picture taken, they were on top of everything. Always checking in to see if we needed anything or had any questions. Very responsive, organized, and really nice. Sten made everything so relaxing and fun for both the engagement photos and during our wedding day. He has an amazing eye for unique pictures, which to us, are so much better than the standard, formal picture you see with everyone else's weddings. Although he does make those traditional photos look great too! You want to go with New Chapter, there simply is no one else that compares!

Sent on 06/12/2016