New Beginnings Events Reviews

48 | Winter Springs, FL

48 Reviews for New Beginnings Events

• Rene

Rene Erickson · Married on 02/29/2020

Couldn’t have done it without you!

Robert was amazing, I can’t imagine a better DJ/MC for an event. As a bride who didn’t really know the full extent of services I would need or want for my wedding, he made everything easy and filled in the gaps where I didn’t even know there were any!

His equipment is compact and can fit in nearly any space, his knowledge of all different kinds of event is so valuable to anyone needing his services.

He was available any time I needed, or wanted, to chat and offered valuable advice as well throughout the process. Totally pleasant, professional, and left me feeling 100% stress free on my wedding day!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Laida

Laida · Married on 10/19/2019

Hillman wedding

Robert was beyond excellent! Made everything run smoothly and on time. Great music selection and knowledge and just made the reception super fun. We danced all night! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Jane · Married on 07/07/2018

Robert is a great DJ! He kept the night flowing nicely and had everyone up out of their seats having a great time!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Alexis · Married on 04/28/2018

Robert was Fantastic! Every seat was empty because everyone was on the dance floor!!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

New Beginnings Events's reply:

Thank you Alexis for the great review we do appreciate you both and wish you many years of happiness

Nigel · Married on 03/31/2018

It was an absolute pleasure having New Beginnings as part of our wedding! They seriously know their stuff, and made the event so much fun! They really know how to get a good read on a crowd and they made the whole day flow seamlessly. They actually contacted me, as they were on the list of approved vendors for our venue, and gave me a run-down on the services they offered. They use quality equipment for sound and lighting, and they even fitted me with a small mic so that our audience could hear my soft-spoken bride during our ceremony. They made communication and coordination very simple between us. They are very accommodating, and even are willing to service another event for couples in the event that our wedding was canceled or postponed, though thankfully we did not need that flexibility. We honestly hadn't a clue what the order of events for a wedding reception should be, and they happily took charge and guided us through the best timeline they could come up with, and were still flexible in accommodating any changes we wished to make. Their prices are competitive with other vendors offering the same services, but they were worth every penny because they are truly fun, and down-to-earth folks! They have a low tolerance for inappropriate rowdiness, which I truly respect, but they very much seemed to know how to wrangle a crowd without much effort. I would highly recommend them as MC/DJ to any couple!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Cheryl · Married on 01/13/2018

Robert is professional ,charismatic & has everything running so smoothly. We felt so at ease, was at rehearsal and we felt everything was in such good hands. His wife was the officiant and also was so professional. The day of wedding my daughter (the bride) wanted lights hung behind Bride & Groom. Robert went to the store and made this happen. I cannot say enough about this man . The DJ makes or breaks the wedding. He made this wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Vanessa · Married on 12/09/2017

Robert is truly the best in the business! I had not a worry in the world during our wedding. Robert and his wife made our wedding run so smoothly! He worked so well with all of our vendors. We felt like he was part of our family. Thank you so much for making our day so memorable.

Sent on 12/24/2017

Kathy · event on: 10/14/2017

We would definitely recommend New Beginnings Events; Robert was very professional and organized, and the music was a big hit at our class reunion!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kim · event on: 10/14/2017

Students were happy. DJ related well with the students and made sure all music was school appropriate and clean so school staff was happy as well! Thank you for allowing our students to have an amazing night!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Kathy · Married on 10/14/2017

Robert was fun to work with and very professional. Even in the midst of a hurricane, Robert came through for us with fantastic music and uplighting for our class reunion event. We received tons of compliments from our guests.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Margo · Married on 10/13/2017

We love using New Beginnings! They are always reliable and their staff does a great job of communicating everything leading up to and during the event. Robert is always professional, friendly, and fun to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Codi · Married on 10/07/2017

We had Carlos as our DJ and he was absolutely fantastic. He had the whole crowd up dancing all night. 100% worth every penny! He did a great job and if I need a DJ for any future events I will be calling New Beginnings. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Robert did a great job running our reception and keeping the party going all throughout the night!

Sent on 10/21/2017
  • Trish & Josh

Trish · Married on 06/17/2017

Oh My Goodness!!! We absolutely love Robert & Doreen McDonald! We booked with Robert after meeting with him and falling in love with his style and personality and then we met fabulous Doreen who is just as amazing! They both genuinely cared and went out of their way to make sure everything went smooth. They went above and beyond for us and we cannot be more grateful! (Even helped us dodge a dicey drunk family member speech.. phew!)

Sent on 06/27/2017

Tracey · Married on 10/28/2016

Robert is a wonderful and professional DJ! I would highly recommend him for any event! Thank you for help making our night perfect!!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Ann · Married on 08/05/2016

Robert was the DJ for my daughter's wedding. He was absolutely fantastic! Very easy to work with and always a quick response to any questions. His music collection was quite extensive and his lighting package was great setting the mood. I think one of his best attributes was his ability to get and keep a huge number of guests on the dance floor. Really good at reading the crowd. I would definitely use him again. I can't recommend Robert highly enough!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

We are so happy that we chose Robert as our DJ for our wedding. My husband and I told him the type of music we like and Robert downloaded almost every song. Robert is great at getting everyone’s attention for the rehearsal and day of. He keeps everyone on track so no time is wasted. He has an amazing voice that can be heard across the room. He is very knowledgeable and upbeat. We chose blue for our up lighting and asked him to change the color to green midway through the reception, him and his team changed the lights in an instant. We could not be more pleased with the experience we had with New Beginnings Events. Thank you!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Robert & Doreen are the BEST! Have hired them for many events! Ontime, Non-stop fun, Robert has best M/C voice in SWFL. Gracious and Friendly! Will not dissappoint!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Lorie · Married on 12/29/2015

Robert is truly amazing! He commands attention, articulates well, has a fabulous personality. Very easy to work with and is extremely knowledgeable. He really played a big roll in making our day very special. You won't go wrong with New Beginnings Events!

Sent on 12/30/2015

myriam · Married on 12/26/2015

He was a pleasure to work with, he was very helpful on selecting certain songs. Always a pleasure working with him. made everyone feel comfortable. Was helpful keeping me on track of my time. His set up of the lighting was spectacular. It made the world of difference when we saw the wedding pictures they looked amazing. Couldn't have asked for a more professional DJ then Robert. He is not only our DJ, he his also know part of our family. That's how he makes you feel. Thank you Robert for such an amazing day and unforgettable memories. We love you!!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Christin · event on: 12/01/2015

Robert is the only DJ that I work with. He is AMAZING. He takes a lot of the stress out of hosting events. He knows how to read a crowd, plays the music they want to hear and knows when to speak into the microphone without ever needing to be coached or asked. He is truly a professional, always going above and beyond. I have worked with Robert for over 6 years exclusively, he is the best and always takes my events to the next level!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • User6019579 · 2+ years ago

Robert helped make our day amazing.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Sherry · Married on 11/19/2015

Robert is a true professional and provided outstanding service! Impeccably dressed with an upbeat and friendly personality, he is the perfect musical host. Robert knew just when to have the correct volumes and tempos to make the evening flow beautifully! I highly recommend him to anyone who wants to have a 'no worries' event! Excellent!!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Absolutely fantastic! I can't even begin to stress how important it was that we had a wonderful DJ. I didn't have time to think during my wedding so I am so happy that Robert was such a professional and moved the entire affair along just as it should have gone. He was excellent at playing music in genres that I had expressed interest in as well as choosing music that would keep everyone dancing all night long.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Puma · Married on 10/17/2015

Robert was great on our wedding day. Provided excellent service, made sure to play all the songs we wanted and correct order. Everybody loved the music and were very happy. I believe every single person got up to dance. We were happy that everything went perfect on our special day. Would recommend him to anyone. Was also very flexible with the pricing. Good job Rob!

Sent on 11/07/2015