Ruby Riot Creatives Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 10/08/2021

Amazing Wedding Video

Ruby Riot Creatives helped make my wedding video exactly what I had envisioned. Shelby captured all the best moments from our special day and coordinated it with the perfect music. Her attention to details was incredible, coordinating certain music phrases with video footage and voicing in parts from the actual day. Family and friends that watched our highlight video said it was the best they had ever seen. I highly recommend working with Ruby Riot !
    Hannah W. Married on 07/24/2021

Helpful and passionate

They were great to work with. They understood and stuck to the regulations of the venue. They were able to get my vision and carry it out. Super friendly and helpful!
    Emily W. Married on 05/02/2021

If you aren't booking Ruby Riot what are you even doing?!

Shelby at Ruby Riot is AMAZING. Such a fun person and I really only spent a short amount of time with her and I just knew right away she was awesome. My bridesmaids and the groomsmen were raving about her as well. She was a last minute booking for us and right away called me and got everything she needed and is very easy to talk to. This girl boss duo over here has got it going on! Highly recommend them for your big day!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Emily!!! You're our freakin' favorite!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! We love you guys and your crew!! Talk about a fun freakin' night. So thankful we were able to jump in and be a part of your day!! xoxoxo!
    Melissa Married on 04/24/2021

Can we be best friends!?

Shelby at Ruby Riot was an amazing addition to our big day! She has the most fun and energizing presence. Not only did she make us the most special video to always look back on, she was a delight to work with! We couldn’t have asked for a better highlight reel to share with friends and family forever.

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

YESSSS MISSY LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS FO EVER PLEEAASSEE!! Girl it was absolutely our pleasure to be a part of you and Matt's day. We love y'all!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
  • Cat
    Cat R. Married on 04/17/2021

Stop. You have found the videographer for your wedding. Done deal. No need to look further.

Ruby Riot Creatives was the most stress free decision of our entire wedding planning journey. Impressive considering our wedding, like so many others, was postponed by the pandemic. Before the world stopped, Shelby made it a point to chat with us over email and voice calls to get to know my now wife and I, she didn’t even bring up business until the 2nd call which made the personal nature of her business so incredibly real. When we had to postpone, Shelby was incredibly transparent, easily adjusted to our new wedding date (over a year later!) and checked in on us periodically to let us know things would work out and she couldn’t wait for our day. When we (finally) got to crunch hour, Shelby met with us to discuss our vision for the video, our music tastes and how good it was to be celebrating after such a long, difficult year. Our day of went flawlessly, she recruited the best videographer, Rian, to capture all the big and small moments. There was no noticeable interruption to the evening, she was able to capture so much with subtlety and considerate placement of herself and her equipment. We were floored when we received our finished video!! In what felt like no time at all we received and incredibly flawless recap of our perfect evening: an enticing and upbeat highlight reel of all the big moments and a longer version capturing each heartwarming interaction with our nearest and dearest all set to music that echoes our own tastes and the feelings of the day. Ruby Riot Creatives is hands down the right choice for any couple looking to preserve the magic of their wedding day through the medium of film. Could not recommend this fine team any higher.
    Drew C. Married on 02/05/2021

Great videographer

Shelby and her team did an amazing job with our video for our wedding. She responded quickly when we reached out and got to know us before to get a feel of our relationship which I thought was super cool. We now have the most amazing high light reel of our wedding day to keep forever! Shelby is very talented and super fun personality and she really makes you want to hang out with her and be her friend!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Ahhh Drew!! Thank you so so so much for your sweet words! You guys are SO freakin' awesome, we were so excited to be a part of your day (also we're obsessed with y'alls families!!!!!)
  • Quinn
    Quinn F. Married on 11/07/2020

Grade A, Hands DOWN Best Team in TOWN

Ruby Riot came HIGHLY recommended by a friend in the events/wedding planning network here in CHS. They claim "not you typical videographer" and this statement couldn't be more true :) The energy, creativity and passion is truly one-of-a-kind. The variety of products, professional-ism and ability to execute our wedding (rescheduled due to COVID-19) felt my wife & I feeling as though their team not only cared about the job that they were hired to do but a personal connection when our special day finally came around ;)
    The final product came out better than we ever imagined: https://youtu.be/HJZnUZXqAfs

Thanks Shelby & Team!! We're already looking to plan another event to have Ruby Riot film it!!!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

QUINN!! You guys are THE CATS MEOW!!!! You know we are absolutely obsessed with you two!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for trusting us to CELEBRATE YOU GUYS. Also, you two brought the heat on the dance floor with those moves. Love y'all to the moon!!!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/10/2020

Highly Recommend

I found Shelby through social media and it ended up working out so well! Shelby is so sweet, talented, and very passionate about what she does! We are in absolute awe of our wedding day highlight reel and we watch it all the time!!! We also got a ceremony edit and it was SO perfect to send to everyone who couldn’t be there due to covid. My grandma said the videos made it feel like she was there with us & it’s truly Shelby’s work that made that happen. We couldn’t be happier with the end result and highly recommend Ruby Riot Creatives to anyone seeking videography services!! & thank you Shelby for capturing the best day of our lives, in the pouring rain no less!! 💕
  • Vickie
    Vickie F. Married on 10/04/2020

Not Your Mother’s Wedding Video

Ruby Riot Creatives does amazing work. Shelby will deliver you a video beyond your expectations. It is not “your mother’s wedding video” and the pricing is affordable. Shelby’s enthusiasm will make you want to have her as a best friend for life!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Ahhhhh!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! We love you guys and your sweet families SO MUCH!!!
  • Amy
    Amy M. Married on 10/03/2020

Ruby Riot Creatives

Shelby did such an amazing job for my wedding. She was flexible and so accommodating when my wedding was rescheduled due to COVID. She has a wonderful personality and did an amazing job on my wedding video + pictures. I would highly recommend her and her staff!!!
    Dorothy W. Married on 09/06/2020

Best Videographer in Charleston SC

We decided to have a videographer because so many could not attend my daughters wedding because of covid.
    So very grateful we did!! She was everywhere all night, capturing everything. Also, sent us a sneak peek early , and we loved it!!! So kind, and talented! I cant compliment her enough!!!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Dorothy!!! Thank you so so sooo much for your sweet words!!!! It was SUCH a privilege to celebrate your sweet daughter and son-in-law on this sweet day for your family!! ALSO your husband gave the sweetest toast EVER!!! We love you guys!!!
  • Ryleigh
    Ryleigh A. Married on 08/01/2020

The absolute best!

Shelby and her team were the absolute best! We had to change a lot of aspects of our wedding due to Covid and they were such a positive part of the entire experience. I cannot say enough about how amazing working with Shelby was and how happy we are with our wedding video. It was truly one of my absolute favorite vendors and I cannot say enough good things. You will end with an awesome quality video, as well as one that is unique to you and your husband/wife. The BEST!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Ryleigh!!!! You sweetheart!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You know we love a little rock and roll counter-culture wedding -- you guys KNOW how to celebrate!!! Such a pleasure to be a part of your amazing, amazing day. Love you guys so much!!!!
    Suzie F. Married on 08/01/2020

Shelby and Ruby Riot Creatives blew our minds

After having my daughters wedding cancelled in Maine due to Covid and having three months to replan it in Charleston, we were scrambling for vendors. We found Shelby through recommendations and she ended up being the best part of my daughter’s wedding day. Not only was she a joy to work with during an especially stressful time, the results of her efforts far exceeded our expectations. Honestly, we were more focused and excited about the still photos, but we ended up loving the video the most. Shelby created a beautiful and unique short video and then edited everything so we didn’t miss a minute. She also broke out the important moments such as the ceremony, toasts and first dance. We recommend her to everyone we know because her talent and reliability is unparalleled in Charleston.

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Ahhh thank you so so sooo much Suzie!! We absolutely ADORE your crazy creative squad, it was such a pleasure to celebrate your family!!!!
    Katherine M. Married on 03/20/2020

Wedding videographer

Shelby of Ruby Riot Creatives is amazing. She and her team constructed my wedding video in a way I’ve never seen with traditional wedding videos. It’s edited perfectly and accompanied by our favorite songs that mean so much to us. She captured interactions between family members we never would have noticed on our own. We were convinced our small wedding would produce a boring video. I was completely wrong thanks to RRC. It’s something we’ll treasure forever.
  • Allston
    Allston P. Married on 03/14/2020

Amazingness

Shelby and her team are amazing at what they do! We were super pleased with their on-site presentation as well as the finished product! They will capture all the special moments and even gave a special treat to enjoy rewatching your special day!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Allston thank you so much for your sweet words!! We ADORED getting to document and celebrate you guys!!!
  • Alexis
    Alexis Married on 02/08/2020

100% Recommend

Shelby did an outstanding job. She understood our vision from the beginning and made it happen. Her energy is un-matched, and she is an absolute professional. I 100% recommend Shelby!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Thank you SO SO SOOO much for your sweet words!! We absolutely adore your family and had the best time celebrating you guys throughout the big day!!
  • Breanna
    Breanna K. Married on 11/16/2019

Just amazing

Talk about wizards of the videographer world, these two created an absolute dream of a wedding video for us. From the first phone call with Shelby I absolutely had full faith that Ruby Riot Creatives was going to knock it out of the park. This video has the perfect amount of sentiment, moody vibes, and artsy flow that just brings back so many happy memories. I never wanted a run of the mill wedding video, I wanted full on artsy moody video and Ruby Riot Creatives did just that. Shelby and Madeline were an absolute dream to have on our wedding day, and I just knew that they totally got me and my vision. I felt completely confident in allowing them to just do their thing and let those creative juices flow. I am so happy with our video. I love the fact that we have quite a few different “chapters” in the video with different music, so you get the sweet and special songs and then the fun dancing music. Overall they are just fantastic, and I wish I had more life events for them to film. They are just amazing.

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

BREANNA YOU SPICE GIRL!!! We love you long time!!! Thank you SO much for trusting us to capture you breathtakingly beautiful day -- we love you and Brett to the moon!!!
    Emily J. Married on 10/26/2019

Charlotte wedding

Shelby and her team are the absolute best!! Our wedding video was so beautiful and captured our day perfectly. The highlight real is truly so cute and the entire collection made it so we’ll remember our day so well, always. We’re so grateful for Shelby and Madeline for the beautiful wedding video we’ll always cherish.
    Caroline G. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing videographers

Shelby and her team made our wedding video and highlight reel. They were so creative and made a beautiful video that really captured who we are as people and just encapsulated the atmosphere of our whole wedding so we can look back and enjoy for years to come. Shelby and her team were engaged from the very beginning, involving us in what we really wanted out of the video to even what kind of music we liked. We got personal attention from them with a FaceTime call to start to get a feel for what we wanted and if there was a personality click. We really felt comfortable and knew that they would make something amazing. On the day itself they were very friendly and professional and weren't obtrusive. My husband and I are so impressed with what they created for us and we really treasure the footage of the most important day of our lives. We definitely recommend Ruby Riot for wedding videos or any other special events! Y'ALL ROCK!!!
    Molly Married on 05/11/2019

Beyond incredible!

Shelby was such a joy to work with on our wedding day. She captured our favorite moments in our style. She is also just a super good person and a joy to have involved in your big day!!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Molly!! It was such an absolute pleasure to be a part of you and Chris' beautiful wedding day! You guys make our job EASY considering you two are such rock stars!!! Thank you so much for your sweet words!!
  • kristen
    Kristen Married on 04/12/2019

Hire them!

The video is awesome....we watched it twice (my husband, who didn't want a video....was smiling the whole time..)...and then I've watched it a few more times after we did together...

I'm SO glad that my planner recommended you and that you were available for our day! You definitely made things very easy for us...one groomsman later said that he had no clue video was even there! You definitely have a calming demeanor, which is greatly appreciated in the stressful moments of the day. Also, I can't believe how quick your turn around time was! I love, love, love this video so much and the little moments that you captured! Thank you again, Shelby!

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Kristen!! You guys are BEYOND amazing. I mean, who are we kidding -- your whole SQUAD was so so amazing! We had the best time filming with you guys -- you make our lives so easy!!! Love y'all to the moon!!!!
    Kate G. Married on 12/31/2018

Hire them now!

Nest Productions is the REAL DEAL. They are the absolute best at what they do. You will receive a video that will be the most valuable, priceless possession you could ever imagine, showing you moments you never would have seen yourself. You will be presented with your most important memories, footage of your most important people, once in a lifetime emotions captured all in a gorgeous, cohesive, finished product.
    Elizabeth G. Married on 12/29/2018

Say yes to Nest!

I run a photography studio based in Charleston, so I can tell you from much experience that yes, you want to hire Nest Productions. We have worked with a variety of film teams, and Shelby and her crew are one of our faves. Vivacious, creative, kind, professional - we could go on and on! Shelby's passion for her work and her clients is undeniable. Rest assured you are in great hands with Nest Productions. Don't delay. Act now! :)
    Holly Married on 12/14/2018
    Shelby Ring did a wonderful job capturing our son's rehearsal dinner. She created a highlight video and recorded every speech made that night. She also included the video that I made of the kids' lives and relationship up to that point, which was shown right after dinner. Everything is in one place and it is absolutely priceless. She even organized it so you can watch a particular toast someone made without going through all of it. We have watched it so many times already. A friend said she regretted not having the toasts recorded so it was a high priority for me to find someone to do this for us. Shelby is so easy to talk to and accommodating. Another great thing is that we were unaware of her presence that night as everything was happening. It's amazing what she was able to capture without anyone realizing she was even there. She also put everything on a flash drive in a wooden case, which is a nicer presentation than I expected. I would highly recommend her for any event.

Ruby Riot Creatives's reply:

Thank you SO much, Holly!! We had such a blast capturing your family's rehearsal dinner -- those 24 speeches were amazing -- we couldn't stop laughing at those incredible toasts from all of your family and friends. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to capture this beautiful event! We're looking forward to Stick's big day this December!
    Caitlin Married on 10/06/2018

The best videographer you could ever imagine!

Ruby Riot is the best of the best when it comes to wedding videographers in the Charleston area. They stepped in when I made the last-minute decision to add on a videographer and absolutely killed it in every aspect you could imagine. They took the time to really get to know my husband and I before the big day and asked all the right questions (even some I had not thought of yet). I wasn't looking for the traditional wedding video that I always see and they fit my vision perfectly. They were able to take my wedding video vision and make it come to life even better than what I could have ever imagined. On the day of the wedding, I worked with Madeline who was the sweetest and nicest person you will ever meet in your life. She went above and beyond but was never in the way and always seemed to be in the perfect spot to capture all the big moments. The editing on the video was fabulous and everything tied together so well even the music transitioned from the traditional to the party atmosphere just like the event. I could not have imagined a better video to represent just how amazing our big day was. I can not stop watching it and sharing it with everyone! If you want someone who will give you the best of the best but not have to sell your kidney to pay for it these are your people. If you are looking for a videographer contact them now you will not be sorry you did!