Nellie's Catering Reviews

107 | Sarasota, FL

107 Reviews for Nellie's Catering

107 Nellie's Catering Reviews

Tessa · Married on 04/14/2018

Nellie's was amazing. Kathy and Brie helped make my big day so perfect, and everything went so smoothly. I couldn't be happier that I went with Nellie's.

stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

Nellie's was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding. We initially met with Fredda who quickly answered our questions and made our decision an easy one. We were introduced to our catering manager and did a walk thru. This made envisioning everything so simple and exciting. Sadly our manager left the company before our wedding however Brie was assigned to our wedding and did such a fabulous job! She put my mind at ease immediately. Many compliments were given about the staff and the food the night of the wedding. Nellie's will truly let you be in charge and let you dictate your special day. They just make sure everything goes as planned so that the day of you have no worries. This was very true for myself and my husband. The wedding day was truly one that was relaxing and stress free. We enjoyed every minute to the fullest.

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2018

From the beginning to the end Nellie's was an awesome caterer to work with. They have a great team that managed communication very well. Everyone I encountered - Fredda, Kathy, and Brie were super easy and enjoyable to work with. Having Nellie's as my caterer often put me at ease especially as I needed to ask them a question, they were always so quick and accommodating to what I needed. I would definitely recommend Nellie's as a caterer for someone else's wedding!

Sara · Married on 02/18/2018

We have been lost without Nellie's Deli as our caterer! The amount of services that Nellie's provided makes them much more than just a catering company. Nellie's schedules several meetings throughout the planning process to help ensure all details are covered. Nellie's also has a storeroom of wedding decor that they let you look through and pick items to use during the wedding. We didn't have to purchase any centerpieces and used all the items from Nellie's. They also provide a day-of ceremony coordinator. Kathy was our ceremony coordinator and she made sure everyone knew where to go and how to line up. Brie was our amazing catering manager! Brie took care of the set up of our ceremony and reception. She decorated the entire wedding exactly the way I wanted. All we had to do was drop off our items to Nellie's a couple days before the wedding and they took care of the rest! All of our guests commented on how great the food was! We also used Nellie's to serve the alcohol at the wedding. We provided all the alcohol, mixers, and cups. Nellie's provided the drink dispensers, napkins, and ice. We definitely saved a lot of money by providing our own alcohol and having Nellie's serve.

Jacqui · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely loved Nellies Catering, they were so helpful and organized. We got so many compliments on the food, as well. Would totally recommend them.

Cathy · Married on 10/21/2017

Nellie's Catering was hired to cater my daughter's wedding. Fredda and Mary Kay had so many wonderful ideas to make this day so magical. They were always easy to deal with and accessible. Fredda always had a positive attitude and assured us that it would be beautiful. We made many changes throughout the process but this never affected Fredda or Mary Kay.
    As the day approached and the crew were setting up, it all fell into place. Her crew knew exactly what needed to be done. They worked well with the venue. During the reception, they were willing to answer any questions we had.
    The food, the absolutely DELICIOUS, food!! The presentation was beautiful and we had so many compliments on the food.
    Nellie's Catering was very instrumental in making this such a magical, "fairy tale" wedding. We could not have done all of this without their input. I would recommend Nellie's Catering for your next event.

Katy · Married on 09/29/2017

Nellie's Catering made our wedding the most amazing day of my life. Not only were the staff extremely professional and accomodating, but every single detail of the day was efficiently covered and taken care of. They made us an itinerary of the weekend's events for our entire bridal party and organized and ran our rehearsal at our venue, totally taking the stress off of me! All of our guests raved about the food...the timeliness of the meal, the quality, the presentation...everything was perfect! Fredda was our wedding coordinator and she made my husband and I feel like were the most special people on the planet! Everyone was a joy to work with and they even made checklists of things we had to do so we didn't get overwhelmed. They are very upfront with the cost and don't nickel and dime you like other catering companies we experienced. We were definitely on a budget and they bent over backwards to make it work for us. I had the most beautiful day of my life and it wouldn't have been possible without the staff at Nellie's Catering by my side. I would absolutely recommend them!

Karen · Married on 08/26/2017

I knew I was in good hands from the beginning. Very professional. I loved the attention to details that I hadn't thought of. Food was delicious! Highly recommend Nellie's for all your catering!

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Nellie's service at our wedding was phenomenal. From our first meeting/tasting I could tell that the service with Nellie's was so much better than other caterers we met with. The Nellie's team really cares about your wedding and they showed great enthusiasm towards our wedding which was greatly appreciated. Nellie's was great at accommodating our budget while also still providing yummy food. At the wedding I was extremely happy with their professionalism and kindness towards my guests. It was also nice that Nellie's made sure the groom and I ate dinner as well as had full drinks all night. Thanks again Nellie's for your amazing work at our wedding and helping to make our special day even better!

Ashlee · Married on 03/25/2017

Nellie's was a true pleasure to work with! They were all so friendly and especially helpful in the wedding planning process! They went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was a success! We know we made the right decision and would highly recommend them! The food was also great! Our guests commented on food and service! Five Stars!

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

My husband and I booked Nellie's to cater our wedding reception this weekend at Historic Spanish Point. I worked directly with MaryKay and Kathy, and they were exceptionally professional, making sure our special day was organized, classy, and beautiful. Although the weather brought wind and cold, our guests raved about the Spanish style cuisine Nellie's customized for us, especially the freshly sauteed seafood paella. The hospitality they showed our guests was amazing. I would highly recommend Nellie's Catering to any bride looking for an experienced catering company willing to accommodate specific requests and menu ideas.

emily · Married on 12/17/2016

Fredda, Kathy and Mary Kay were an amazing team to work with! Kathy and Fredda gave me a number of menu/service options for our budget, and we went with food stations (tacos and pasta). We stayed well-within our planned budget, and got so much more than we'd hoped for from Nellie's! The complementary day-of-coordinator was fantastic, and helped bring our dream to life! Mary Kay knew exactly what I had in mind, and coordinated everything so seamlessly and quickly. The entire process was so well-organized and comprehensive, and my every request and concern was addressed and accommodated immediately. I would add a sixth star to their rating if possible!

KIM · Married on 11/05/2016

The entire Nellies team is truly fabulous! Kathy is absolutely amazing to work with!! She and Fredda are an awesome team. They go over every aspect of your day in a very detailed outline. They strive to ensure you have THE BEST DAY EVER!! They did not disappoint! In fact, they truly exceeded our expectations. The food is so good and the desserts are beautiful and also delicious. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect!! Thank you, Nellies team!!

Kathy went way above and beyond for our Big Day. She is very attentive to every tiny detail and extremely hardworking. When we would walk into the office, we felt like family. She has a huge heart and genuinely cares for her clients. You will feel like friends pretty much immediately. Kathy was onsite, ensuring our day went smoothly and all the vendors are on time and placed where we had talked about. She took care of everything. I entrusted Kathy with making our day special and she completely exceeded all expectations.

Our guests raved about Kathy and the Nellies catering staff! And of course about the food!

Much Love,
    Kim & Kyle

• Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 10/22/2016

Nellie's catering was amazing to have through the whole wedding process. Through the whole time before the wedding they were there to help with wedding planning and helped recommend other amazing vendors for me. The day of the wedding I had Kathy there to help for the whole ceremony process. I could not say enough and am so thankful for all that she did to make sure my wedding was amazing. After the ceremony I had Mary Kay that made sure the reception was decorated beautiful and the food was delicious. I had many of the guests tell me how amazing the food was for the reception. The best part of choosing Nellie's Catering as my caterer/wedding planner is that I was able to tell them everything I wanted for the day of the wedding and give them all of the decorations I wanted placed before the wedding. The day of the wedding I didn’t have to stress about putting anything together for the day. They were in charge and made sure the ceremony was decorated beautifully and that the ceremony went off without any trouble. The reception was also decorated for me with not only my decorations, but also some of the decorations that nellie's offers for centerpieces. The best decision I made on my vendors was having Nellie's Catering there.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Nellie's Catering's reply:

We love you, it was with great pleasure to have been able to work with you and your family. Thank you so much Lizzy for allowing us to be a part.

I would highly recommend Nellie's to any bride in the area. They were professional, worked around my schedule, and provided a fantastic value. We had rain during our reception and they were fantastic to inform us, they moved all the chairs under cover, and there was hardly a stop in the party! We are still receiving raving food reviews from our family and friends as well (we did a buffet style taco dinner)! Fredda was delightful to work with, and Cheryl and Kathy were so helpful and kind during the whole process.

The food, décor arrangement, graphics...everything that was done by Nellie's was so well done! It was so easy to work with Nellie's as well especially from being out of the country. It was so nice to have the event planning and catering all wrapped into one! I would highly recommend Nellie's!

stephanie · Married on 04/09/2016

Nellie's catered for our wedding on April 9th at the Palmetto Bed and Breakfast. We served a duet plate of mahi mahi and beef tenderloin and people are still telling me how delicious the food was. Nellie's team takes care of everything that you need. From the moment you book with her they treat you as though you are their only client. They have six different meetings with you, one of them being at the site of your venue. This is huge because they walk the property and go over how everything will be set up!! They also take care of ordering all the rentals for you, and go over the list to make sure nothing is forgotten. Not to mention they have an entire room of decorations that they let you use, which is amazing!! Thank you so much to Cheryl and her team for making our day perfect!! The service, food, and professionalism is beyond anything you could imagine.

Stephen · Married on 03/24/2016

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing Nellie's is. Not only do they provide the catering for your wedding, but they also help you with the planning. Nellie's is there every step of the way to make sure you are staying on schedule, not forgetting anything, and enjoying the planning process.
    We don't know what we would have done without them. They took all the stress out of wedding planning. I swear. From the moment we walked through the door, Fredda the owner greeted us with a smile and a hug. We knew we were in good hands.
    She and her team helped us navigate food, rental items, table design, table decor, time schedule for the day of rehearsal and day of the wedding, and so much more.
    I should mention that the food is beyond delicious. A week after the wedding and people are still commenting on how good the food was. I have an aunt and uncle with special dietary needs, and Nellie's was able to work with us to create special plates for them so they could enjoy the reception like everyone else.
    I was never worried or stressed when it came to planning, because I knew we were in good hands. Fredda made us feel like family. The day of the wedding, because of how thorough and wonderful Nellie's is, I was able to just enjoy myself, because I knew Nellie's was taking care of everything else. That is no price you can put on that kind of peace of mind.
    If you are planning your wedding, do yourself a favor and go with Nellie's. They are the best in the business with quality, friendliness, professionalism, flexibility, and service.

Paul · Married on 01/02/2016

We teamed with Kathy for the wedding ceremony and Mary Kay and team for the reception. They both did an outstanding job being flexible and well organized. As a mobile DJ we see new caterers all the time and Nellie's was phenomenal. Their presentation and attention to detail makes them a great choice and we will absolutely recommend Nellie's!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Nellie's Catering's reply:

Thank you Paul, We enjoyed working with you, get in touch with your information so that I can pass it on. Kathy

Lucy · Married on 12/05/2015

We could not have been more pleased with Fredda and Craig and their staff at Nellie's Catering. We hired them to cater a sit down served dinner in our home for our 50th wedding anniversary. The food was wonderful and Fredda and Mary Kay Abate took care of every detail for us including rental equipment that was needed. They helped plan every detail of the event and made sure that everything went according to plan. Fredda had great ideas on hosting an elegant dinner while keeping costs under control. We can't wait to have them plan our daughter's wedding in December!

Allison · Married on 12/05/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Nellie's and their AMAZING wedding coordinator MaryKay. We chose Nellie's as our wedding caterer and ended up getting much more than that. They assisted us every step of the way in our planning -- wedding coordination, complete day of timeline, decor and set-up, plus much more. We also had a very unique wedding experience because our original venue went out of business just over 3 weeks before our wedding. Nellie's rallied around out and assisted us in finding and booking a new venue and still having the most beautiful wedding day ever. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the company as a whole and about our assigned coordinator MaryKay! I 200% recommend Nellie's Catering services!

Emily · Married on 11/14/2015

I can't say enough good things about Nellies. Not only did they do an amazing job on the Taco Bar for our wedding but they also guided me through the stressful wedding planning process. A HUGE thank you to Fredda, Cheryl and the whole team who made our day absolutely perfect.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2015

As the mother of the bride, I needed to find a caterer that could work with our daughter, an out of state college student, for her Sarasota wedding that was in less than 6 months. Fredda and Craig Pohl, of Nellie's Catering surpassed our expectations. Fredda created a detailed time line to keep us on track and developed a delicious menu that stayed within our budget. Our catering manager, Stephanie, assisted us in designing a beautiful reception by utilizing decorating ideas from the magical "prop" room, ordering the many rental items that we needed for our venue, printing lovely place cards and signs, and collaborating with us via countless phone, e-mail, and one on one meetings.
    Our daughter's wedding reception was beautiful and classy, and the food was yummy. We owe that to the wonderful owners and staff at Nellie's, and their truly, Full Service catering.

Rebecca · Married on 05/16/2015

Fredda & Craig are one amazing team. Fredda is the most thorough person I have ever met and boy did it pay off!!! She had everything put onto a timeline so everything and everyone was where they needed to be. They are able to help you with all of your rental vendors to ensure you get exactly what you need. The day of went very smoothly and everyone loved the food.

Paula · Married on 05/01/2015

Very good food! Table decorations were lovely and the event planner was very good!