Nellie's Catering Reviews

Nellie's Catering 7
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 12/30/2018

Great food, Great staff

We can't thank Fredda, Craig, Ashlee, Kathy and the entire Nellie's team for making our day so perfect. The day ran exactly as planned, Nellie's helps with more than just delicious food. The catering team helps with everything from the timeline, to rentals and decor, to seating arrangements, exceptional servers and bartenders, and making the day flow exactly as planned. The food was delicious, we got so many compliments and even had people asking for seconds, Craig was able to work with us on creating a custom menu for a very picky crowd. Thank you Nellie's for making our day exactly what we wanted!

Nellie's Catering 8
    Nellie's Catering 9
    Nellie's Catering 10
    Nellie's Catering 11
    Nellie's Catering 12
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 12/22/2018

Perfect Addition to Our Happily Ever After

We are forever grateful to Kathy and Brie who helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect! They were extremely responsive from the beginning of the entire process and so helpful to us, who had no clue where to begin planning our wedding. The food was fantastic and the service was great, from setting up all of our decor and centerpieces for the reception to the break down at the end of the night, we couldn't have done this without them. Trust the experts! Do yourselves a favor and use Nellie's for your next event.

Nellie's Catering 13

Bobbi Vina · Married on 12/08/2018

Highly Recommend!!!

Brie and Kathy at Nellie's were beyond outstanding! They were so amazing to work with, patient with my million changes to the menu, answered all of my questions promptly, and met with me numerous times. The ENTIRE staff the day of set everything up perfectly, were extremely professional, kind, and efficient. Nellies can literally do it all and you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Nellie's Catering 14
    Nellie's Catering 15
    Nellie's Catering 16
    Nellie's Catering 17
    Nellie's Catering 18

Cathryn · Married on 12/01/2018

Catering and Co-ordinating all in one

Nellies was an excellent choice. The staff were very professional, everybody had a job that they executed extremely well with a smile on their faces, from set-up, to break-down, they did not miss a beat. Every guest complimented us on the food, the courteous staff and bar-tender, I do not think we had even one neutral comment. At the end of the evening the staff continued to amaze me in helping with every aspect of clean-up and removing items from the venue - again, with smiles on their faces. I can highly recommend this company for all your wedding needs.

• Megan

Megan Schalch · Married on 11/10/2018

This Is Your Catering Dream Team!

Nellies was PHENOMENAL!! From the flexibility of meetings, to the food tasting, to the decor options, this team has got it down! They went above and beyond to help us through our decision process, and were able to accommodate our food allergies flawlessly. Our guests were all talking about how incredible the food was! (Even the ones who owned their own restaurant!) As if the food wasn't enough, Ashlee and Kathy walked us back to their decor room where we were able to pick from a plethora of details! Lanterns, center pieces, table numbers, candles, stones, etc. They even set up a mock table with our linens to show us how it would all look! Their staff was incredibly kind and professional the day of and made sure our guests were fed and happy!!

Tim Schalch · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome Food and Service

Awesome food and service! Loved working with them. They provided a ton of little details that we were able to use for our special day and made things so easy for us.

After we decided to book Nellie's my wife found out she had a Gluten Allergy - They were able to make sure all of the items we chose were gluten free.

These guys are rockstars and would highly recommend them to anyone! Thanks again for all of your help!

• Jennifer

Jennifer Chreky · Married on 09/21/2018

If quality and support are important to you, then look no further.

We strongly considered hiring Nellie’s as our wedding caterer based on a friend’s glowing referral. Being a native born Sarasotian, I had grown up with the city’s favorite family owned lunch spot called Nellie’s Deli but had learned (via referral) of their Catering extension.

My (now) husband and I were planning everything from out-of-state but managed to fly into Sarasota for vendor interviews one weekend. Upon arrival we met Ashlee Rulison, the Catering Manager, who quickly became one of our favorite vendors. She walked us through all that Nellie’s Catering had to offer without it coming off super salesy or overwhelming. Ashlee was never pressuring but calming and chill. Something my husband and I are as well, so we knew we liked her. Nellie’s Catering not only offered the food and catering staff but a day of coordinator (for an incremental cost), a prop room full of various decor to apply to your look (free of charge), and to top it all off the overall management of logistics and vendors during the planning process right through the day of. You can imagine the tension lifting from us once we discovered all that they do. We felt supported more than we could have expected and hired them on the spot.

Because we lived out-of-state from our wedding destination, I feared the planning process would be even more overwhelming but Ashlee's communication throughout the process was clearly organized and reassuring every step of the way. We had multiple check-ins and deadlines leading up to our wedding month that really kept us on track.

THE REHEARSAL
    We ended up going with the incremental cost associated with the Day of Coordinator and honestly I don’t know how people manage without one. Kathy Taylor was our DOC and she is ON IT. Her direct/frank nature came in handy in the heat of it all. Our wedding party and immediate family was a 50-50 combination of locals and out-of-towners. The first time most of us saw one another was during our rehearsal walk through with Kathy. She was thorough and quick witted. She’s basically a bad ass who gets things done without offending anyone. Again, she was ON IT and I’m so glad we had her in our corner.

THE DAY
    They say rain on your wedding day is good luck and means your marriage will last. At the time, this belief couldn’t calm me fast enough but in the moment Nellie’s team (both Ashlee and Kathy) reassured us that we had a couple options. I mean it was down right pouring on our outdoor dream of a wedding day. Ashlee made sure all outside table/furniture was covered with tarps during the storm, while Kathy managed the band and our guests stuck inside. As time went on Kathy devised a plan to start the cocktail hour in place of the ceremony time slot to keep guests occupied and satiated. She worked it out with our photographer to take photos with family to keep us focused and somewhat on schedule. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. The rain caused delay in transportation and ppl were arriving late anyway but immediately calmed by the cocktail hour and knowing they did not miss the ceremony. The Sunset following the storm was majestic. Every last detail I conveyed with Ashlee leading up to this moment was as I imagined and better. Seeing everything brought to life was my aw-ha moment. I remember thinking how grateful I was for Nellie’s Catering team and how much care they put into our special day. The little food I got to eat was delicious and our guests still talk about how genius having a cocktail hour first was for a wedding. They think it was planned the whole time. :)

I cannot recommend Nellie’s Catering enough. If quality and support are important to you, then look no further.

www.nelliescatering.com

Nellie's Catering 22
    Nellie's Catering 23
    Nellie's Catering 24

Tessa · Married on 04/14/2018

Nellie's was amazing. Kathy and Brie helped make my big day so perfect, and everything went so smoothly. I couldn't be happier that I went with Nellie's.

stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

Nellie's was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding. We initially met with Fredda who quickly answered our questions and made our decision an easy one. We were introduced to our catering manager and did a walk thru. This made envisioning everything so simple and exciting. Sadly our manager left the company before our wedding however Brie was assigned to our wedding and did such a fabulous job! She put my mind at ease immediately. Many compliments were given about the staff and the food the night of the wedding. Nellie's will truly let you be in charge and let you dictate your special day. They just make sure everything goes as planned so that the day of you have no worries. This was very true for myself and my husband. The wedding day was truly one that was relaxing and stress free. We enjoyed every minute to the fullest.

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2018

From the beginning to the end Nellie's was an awesome caterer to work with. They have a great team that managed communication very well. Everyone I encountered - Fredda, Kathy, and Brie were super easy and enjoyable to work with. Having Nellie's as my caterer often put me at ease especially as I needed to ask them a question, they were always so quick and accommodating to what I needed. I would definitely recommend Nellie's as a caterer for someone else's wedding!

Sara · Married on 02/18/2018

We have been lost without Nellie's Deli as our caterer! The amount of services that Nellie's provided makes them much more than just a catering company. Nellie's schedules several meetings throughout the planning process to help ensure all details are covered. Nellie's also has a storeroom of wedding decor that they let you look through and pick items to use during the wedding. We didn't have to purchase any centerpieces and used all the items from Nellie's. They also provide a day-of ceremony coordinator. Kathy was our ceremony coordinator and she made sure everyone knew where to go and how to line up. Brie was our amazing catering manager! Brie took care of the set up of our ceremony and reception. She decorated the entire wedding exactly the way I wanted. All we had to do was drop off our items to Nellie's a couple days before the wedding and they took care of the rest! All of our guests commented on how great the food was! We also used Nellie's to serve the alcohol at the wedding. We provided all the alcohol, mixers, and cups. Nellie's provided the drink dispensers, napkins, and ice. We definitely saved a lot of money by providing our own alcohol and having Nellie's serve.

Jacqui · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely loved Nellies Catering, they were so helpful and organized. We got so many compliments on the food, as well. Would totally recommend them.

Cathy · Married on 10/21/2017

Nellie's Catering was hired to cater my daughter's wedding. Fredda and Mary Kay had so many wonderful ideas to make this day so magical. They were always easy to deal with and accessible. Fredda always had a positive attitude and assured us that it would be beautiful. We made many changes throughout the process but this never affected Fredda or Mary Kay.
    As the day approached and the crew were setting up, it all fell into place. Her crew knew exactly what needed to be done. They worked well with the venue. During the reception, they were willing to answer any questions we had.
    The food, the absolutely DELICIOUS, food!! The presentation was beautiful and we had so many compliments on the food.
    Nellie's Catering was very instrumental in making this such a magical, "fairy tale" wedding. We could not have done all of this without their input. I would recommend Nellie's Catering for your next event.

Katy · Married on 09/29/2017

Nellie's Catering made our wedding the most amazing day of my life. Not only were the staff extremely professional and accomodating, but every single detail of the day was efficiently covered and taken care of. They made us an itinerary of the weekend's events for our entire bridal party and organized and ran our rehearsal at our venue, totally taking the stress off of me! All of our guests raved about the food...the timeliness of the meal, the quality, the presentation...everything was perfect! Fredda was our wedding coordinator and she made my husband and I feel like were the most special people on the planet! Everyone was a joy to work with and they even made checklists of things we had to do so we didn't get overwhelmed. They are very upfront with the cost and don't nickel and dime you like other catering companies we experienced. We were definitely on a budget and they bent over backwards to make it work for us. I had the most beautiful day of my life and it wouldn't have been possible without the staff at Nellie's Catering by my side. I would absolutely recommend them!

Karen · Married on 08/26/2017

I knew I was in good hands from the beginning. Very professional. I loved the attention to details that I hadn't thought of. Food was delicious! Highly recommend Nellie's for all your catering!

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Nellie's service at our wedding was phenomenal. From our first meeting/tasting I could tell that the service with Nellie's was so much better than other caterers we met with. The Nellie's team really cares about your wedding and they showed great enthusiasm towards our wedding which was greatly appreciated. Nellie's was great at accommodating our budget while also still providing yummy food. At the wedding I was extremely happy with their professionalism and kindness towards my guests. It was also nice that Nellie's made sure the groom and I ate dinner as well as had full drinks all night. Thanks again Nellie's for your amazing work at our wedding and helping to make our special day even better!

Ashlee · Married on 03/25/2017

Nellie's was a true pleasure to work with! They were all so friendly and especially helpful in the wedding planning process! They went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was a success! We know we made the right decision and would highly recommend them! The food was also great! Our guests commented on food and service! Five Stars!

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

My husband and I booked Nellie's to cater our wedding reception this weekend at Historic Spanish Point. I worked directly with MaryKay and Kathy, and they were exceptionally professional, making sure our special day was organized, classy, and beautiful. Although the weather brought wind and cold, our guests raved about the Spanish style cuisine Nellie's customized for us, especially the freshly sauteed seafood paella. The hospitality they showed our guests was amazing. I would highly recommend Nellie's Catering to any bride looking for an experienced catering company willing to accommodate specific requests and menu ideas.

emily · Married on 12/17/2016

Fredda, Kathy and Mary Kay were an amazing team to work with! Kathy and Fredda gave me a number of menu/service options for our budget, and we went with food stations (tacos and pasta). We stayed well-within our planned budget, and got so much more than we'd hoped for from Nellie's! The complementary day-of-coordinator was fantastic, and helped bring our dream to life! Mary Kay knew exactly what I had in mind, and coordinated everything so seamlessly and quickly. The entire process was so well-organized and comprehensive, and my every request and concern was addressed and accommodated immediately. I would add a sixth star to their rating if possible!

KIM · Married on 11/05/2016

The entire Nellies team is truly fabulous! Kathy is absolutely amazing to work with!! She and Fredda are an awesome team. They go over every aspect of your day in a very detailed outline. They strive to ensure you have THE BEST DAY EVER!! They did not disappoint! In fact, they truly exceeded our expectations. The food is so good and the desserts are beautiful and also delicious. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect!! Thank you, Nellies team!!

Kathy went way above and beyond for our Big Day. She is very attentive to every tiny detail and extremely hardworking. When we would walk into the office, we felt like family. She has a huge heart and genuinely cares for her clients. You will feel like friends pretty much immediately. Kathy was onsite, ensuring our day went smoothly and all the vendors are on time and placed where we had talked about. She took care of everything. I entrusted Kathy with making our day special and she completely exceeded all expectations.

Our guests raved about Kathy and the Nellies catering staff! And of course about the food!

Much Love,
    Kim & Kyle

• Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 10/22/2016

Nellie's catering was amazing to have through the whole wedding process. Through the whole time before the wedding they were there to help with wedding planning and helped recommend other amazing vendors for me. The day of the wedding I had Kathy there to help for the whole ceremony process. I could not say enough and am so thankful for all that she did to make sure my wedding was amazing. After the ceremony I had Mary Kay that made sure the reception was decorated beautiful and the food was delicious. I had many of the guests tell me how amazing the food was for the reception. The best part of choosing Nellie's Catering as my caterer/wedding planner is that I was able to tell them everything I wanted for the day of the wedding and give them all of the decorations I wanted placed before the wedding. The day of the wedding I didn’t have to stress about putting anything together for the day. They were in charge and made sure the ceremony was decorated beautifully and that the ceremony went off without any trouble. The reception was also decorated for me with not only my decorations, but also some of the decorations that nellie's offers for centerpieces. The best decision I made on my vendors was having Nellie's Catering there.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Nellie's Catering's reply:

We love you, it was with great pleasure to have been able to work with you and your family.

Thank you so much Lizzy for allowing us to be a part.

I would highly recommend Nellie's to any bride in the area. They were professional, worked around my schedule, and provided a fantastic value. We had rain during our reception and they were fantastic to inform us, they moved all the chairs under cover, and there was hardly a stop in the party! We are still receiving raving food reviews from our family and friends as well (we did a buffet style taco dinner)! Fredda was delightful to work with, and Cheryl and Kathy were so helpful and kind during the whole process.

The food, décor arrangement, graphics...everything that was done by Nellie's was so well done! It was so easy to work with Nellie's as well especially from being out of the country. It was so nice to have the event planning and catering all wrapped into one! I would highly recommend Nellie's!

stephanie · Married on 04/09/2016

Nellie's catered for our wedding on April 9th at the Palmetto Bed and Breakfast. We served a duet plate of mahi mahi and beef tenderloin and people are still telling me how delicious the food was. Nellie's team takes care of everything that you need. From the moment you book with her they treat you as though you are their only client. They have six different meetings with you, one of them being at the site of your venue. This is huge because they walk the property and go over how everything will be set up!! They also take care of ordering all the rentals for you, and go over the list to make sure nothing is forgotten. Not to mention they have an entire room of decorations that they let you use, which is amazing!! Thank you so much to Cheryl and her team for making our day perfect!! The service, food, and professionalism is beyond anything you could imagine.

Stephen · Married on 03/24/2016

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing Nellie's is. Not only do they provide the catering for your wedding, but they also help you with the planning. Nellie's is there every step of the way to make sure you are staying on schedule, not forgetting anything, and enjoying the planning process.
    We don't know what we would have done without them. They took all the stress out of wedding planning. I swear. From the moment we walked through the door, Fredda the owner greeted us with a smile and a hug. We knew we were in good hands.
    She and her team helped us navigate food, rental items, table design, table decor, time schedule for the day of rehearsal and day of the wedding, and so much more.
    I should mention that the food is beyond delicious. A week after the wedding and people are still commenting on how good the food was. I have an aunt and uncle with special dietary needs, and Nellie's was able to work with us to create special plates for them so they could enjoy the reception like everyone else.
    I was never worried or stressed when it came to planning, because I knew we were in good hands. Fredda made us feel like family. The day of the wedding, because of how thorough and wonderful Nellie's is, I was able to just enjoy myself, because I knew Nellie's was taking care of everything else. That is no price you can put on that kind of peace of mind.
    If you are planning your wedding, do yourself a favor and go with Nellie's. They are the best in the business with quality, friendliness, professionalism, flexibility, and service.