Nellie's Catering Reviews

123 | Sarasota, FL

123 Reviews for Nellie's Catering

• Alex

Alex Stiner · Married on 05/23/2020

Soooo amazing. Worth every penny!

Amazing from the first moment they called us! So helpful. Without them, we would’ve been disorganized and they helped us think of the questions we never would’ve had. At the rehearsal, it started pouring and they helped us essentially replan the wedding that night. Hire them!

Sent on 05/28/2020

Robyn · Married on 02/15/2020

Absolutely Perfect

Nellie's did such a great job!! Terri and Kathy were there to help us with EVERYTHING, not just catering. We worked with them with vendors, decor, planning, rehearsal, day of coordination, absolutely everything. There was not a single glitch in our wedding thanks to Terri and Kathy. Everything was way more amazing than I ever could have imagined it. I had some pretty crazy ideas when it came to decor and setup but they made it all happen! Our menu was not your traditional wedding food but Nellie's did a tasting with us and everything came out perfect! We had different types of kebabs, a raw bar, rice, roasted veg, bread & salad. All the staff were so friendly too. I could not recommend Nellie's enough.

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • User4533520 · Recently married

It has been one year today since our wedding day and still we have friends and family that speak so very highly of the delectable dinner that was served that evening along with the thoughtfulness and care that the professional staff there put in to make our wedding go off without a hitch. I cannot speak highly enough about how professional, accommodating, and thoroughly pleasant it was to work with Fredda and her staff. The food really was spectacular and service all around impeccable. Having a non traditional wedding (without a bride) we struggled in finding a caterer with such a welcoming and open door policy however Fredda and her team treated us with such care and respect as they do with all of their clientele that we could not imagine having worked with anyone else. They were so thorough down to the last detail from table arrangements to table decor and even placement rehearsal (not to mention that as amazing as they were they were also just as accommodating and affordable - trust me we looked around!) I would recommend Nellie's to anyone. They made our whole evening come together in a way that was unforgettable!

Sent on 11/08/2014
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 11/02/2019

Instrumental in making our destination wedding a huge success!!

We had Nellie's not only cater our reception at Sunset Beach Resort, Siesta Key, FL but they also helped with so much of our wedding planning. Terri and Kathy did an AMAZING job for us, we are so grateful to have had their help to make our special day go so smoothly. Their expertise with the venue and with the other vendors and their willingness to be flexible were really a lifesaver for Craig and I since we were planning this from 4 states away! We knew we'd need help from so many of our friends in order to make this 5-day-long party work! I had asked some of my girlfriends for day-of help in setting up the welcome table & dessert table....it wasn't until 2 weeks after the wedding that they told me they never touched either set-up because Terri did it all! And she did a perfect and awesome job :) It was also a huge help to me to be able to get the fishbowls & other centerpiece supplies and lanterns (which were absolutely beautiful!) early so that I knew what I was dealing with and so that I could get the fish water acclimated. Terri went the extra mile by dropping those items off with me a couple days early. She was also SO helpful with clean-up! Kathy was so knowledgeable with rehearsal details and arch placement. The day-of she was instrumental in having everyone in the wedding party where they needed to be when they needed to be there AND for keeping my nerves at bay all the different moments that I needed that support! I am forever grateful for their help. They allowed me to be able to enjoy some priceless moments that would have otherwise been buried by stress! Oh....and the food! It was just great! Craig admitted to being sad that he didn't try more appetizers.... but I did, and they were yummy :) as was all the food! We heard some great reports from our friends and family as well. Thank you so much for helping make our best day ever truly great for everyone who traveled so far to help us celebrate! Nellie's is now part of some pretty great memories, you will forever be family to us!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Pauline

Pauline · Married on 10/26/2019

Nellies did it all!

I'm so happy and pleased with the service with received from Nellies. Not only was the food amazing but you receive wedding coordinating service when you hire them. Kathy and Terri were amazing. Their attention to every single detail was on point which resulted in a perfect wedding day. If there were any hiccups at all I didn't see them. I recommend Nellies tenfold! I'm so happy I went this company.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Nellie's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Pauline & Matt it was a pleasure watching you ride off into the sunset!!
    Best wishes for a great future

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing customer service and delicious food!

If I could give Nellie's 6 or 7 stars, I absolutely would! Brie and Kathy were WONDERFUL to work with. They were always super responsive and their attention to detail was unmatched. Not to mention, the food was beyond delicious. Numerous guests told us it was the best wedding food they've had! Brie and Kathy made planning our destination wedding a breeze. From our first meeting to our final hug after the reception, we always felt like we were in very caring and capable hands. Thanks to the entire Nellie's staff for making our big day a huge success!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Mettraux · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing from a - z

Terri and Kathy from Nellies did my wedding on October 5th and I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. They held my hand through the whole wedding planning process from start to finish. They helped me with things I didn't even know I needed to do, kept me organized, kept my budget in mind AND the food and service was great at the wedding. I'd highly recommend them to any of my friends.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Nellie's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea it was with great pleasure to work with you and Andrew and your entire family!!

• Tori

Tori · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing! Couldn’t ask for better.

Absolutely wonderful experience working with Brie and Fredda from Nellie’s!

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • rachel

rachel · Married on 03/16/2019

Loved our Experience!

Working with Nellie’s was such a wonderful experience. We loved the personal connections and really felt like we got to know everyone in the office by the end of our time together. The communication throughout the planning process was excellent and they really made it an enjoyable experience. They worked with us to keep within our budget and we are still getting compliments on the quality of the dinner service. The food was delicious and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Using the decorations was a huge plus for us and saved us both time and money. Crafts have never been our strong suit so having Kathy and Brie to help us pick styles and decorate our venue really topped off what was an overall excellent experience. Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 12/30/2018

Great food, Great staff

We can't thank Fredda, Craig, Ashlee, Kathy and the entire Nellie's team for making our day so perfect. The day ran exactly as planned, Nellie's helps with more than just delicious food. The catering team helps with everything from the timeline, to rentals and decor, to seating arrangements, exceptional servers and bartenders, and making the day flow exactly as planned. The food was delicious, we got so many compliments and even had people asking for seconds, Craig was able to work with us on creating a custom menu for a very picky crowd. Thank you Nellie's for making our day exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 12/22/2018

Perfect Addition to Our Happily Ever After

We are forever grateful to Kathy and Brie who helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect! They were extremely responsive from the beginning of the entire process and so helpful to us, who had no clue where to begin planning our wedding. The food was fantastic and the service was great, from setting up all of our decor and centerpieces for the reception to the break down at the end of the night, we couldn't have done this without them. Trust the experts! Do yourselves a favor and use Nellie's for your next event.

Sent on 12/24/2018

Bobbi Vina · Married on 12/08/2018

Highly Recommend!!!

Brie and Kathy at Nellie's were beyond outstanding! They were so amazing to work with, patient with my million changes to the menu, answered all of my questions promptly, and met with me numerous times. The ENTIRE staff the day of set everything up perfectly, were extremely professional, kind, and efficient. Nellies can literally do it all and you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Cathryn · Married on 12/01/2018

Catering and Co-ordinating all in one

Nellies was an excellent choice. The staff were very professional, everybody had a job that they executed extremely well with a smile on their faces, from set-up, to break-down, they did not miss a beat. Every guest complimented us on the food, the courteous staff and bar-tender, I do not think we had even one neutral comment. At the end of the evening the staff continued to amaze me in helping with every aspect of clean-up and removing items from the venue - again, with smiles on their faces. I can highly recommend this company for all your wedding needs.

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Megan

Megan Schalch · Married on 11/10/2018

This Is Your Catering Dream Team!

Nellies was PHENOMENAL!! From the flexibility of meetings, to the food tasting, to the decor options, this team has got it down! They went above and beyond to help us through our decision process, and were able to accommodate our food allergies flawlessly. Our guests were all talking about how incredible the food was! (Even the ones who owned their own restaurant!) As if the food wasn't enough, Ashlee and Kathy walked us back to their decor room where we were able to pick from a plethora of details! Lanterns, center pieces, table numbers, candles, stones, etc. They even set up a mock table with our linens to show us how it would all look! Their staff was incredibly kind and professional the day of and made sure our guests were fed and happy!!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Tim Schalch · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome Food and Service

Awesome food and service! Loved working with them. They provided a ton of little details that we were able to use for our special day and made things so easy for us.

After we decided to book Nellie's my wife found out she had a Gluten Allergy - They were able to make sure all of the items we chose were gluten free.

These guys are rockstars and would highly recommend them to anyone! Thanks again for all of your help!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Chreky · Married on 09/21/2018

If quality and support are important to you, then look no further.

We strongly considered hiring Nellie’s as our wedding caterer based on a friend’s glowing referral. Being a native born Sarasotian, I had grown up with the city’s favorite family owned lunch spot called Nellie’s Deli but had learned (via referral) of their Catering extension.

My (now) husband and I were planning everything from out-of-state but managed to fly into Sarasota for vendor interviews one weekend. Upon arrival we met Ashlee Rulison, the Catering Manager, who quickly became one of our favorite vendors. She walked us through all that Nellie’s Catering had to offer without it coming off super salesy or overwhelming. Ashlee was never pressuring but calming and chill. Something my husband and I are as well, so we knew we liked her. Nellie’s Catering not only offered the food and catering staff but a day of coordinator (for an incremental cost), a prop room full of various decor to apply to your look (free of charge), and to top it all off the overall management of logistics and vendors during the planning process right through the day of. You can imagine the tension lifting from us once we discovered all that they do. We felt supported more than we could have expected and hired them on the spot.

Because we lived out-of-state from our wedding destination, I feared the planning process would be even more overwhelming but Ashlee's communication throughout the process was clearly organized and reassuring every step of the way. We had multiple check-ins and deadlines leading up to our wedding month that really kept us on track.

THE REHEARSAL
    We ended up going with the incremental cost associated with the Day of Coordinator and honestly I don’t know how people manage without one. Kathy Taylor was our DOC and she is ON IT. Her direct/frank nature came in handy in the heat of it all. Our wedding party and immediate family was a 50-50 combination of locals and out-of-towners. The first time most of us saw one another was during our rehearsal walk through with Kathy. She was thorough and quick witted. She’s basically a bad ass who gets things done without offending anyone. Again, she was ON IT and I’m so glad we had her in our corner.

THE DAY
    They say rain on your wedding day is good luck and means your marriage will last. At the time, this belief couldn’t calm me fast enough but in the moment Nellie’s team (both Ashlee and Kathy) reassured us that we had a couple options. I mean it was down right pouring on our outdoor dream of a wedding day. Ashlee made sure all outside table/furniture was covered with tarps during the storm, while Kathy managed the band and our guests stuck inside. As time went on Kathy devised a plan to start the cocktail hour in place of the ceremony time slot to keep guests occupied and satiated. She worked it out with our photographer to take photos with family to keep us focused and somewhat on schedule. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly. The rain caused delay in transportation and ppl were arriving late anyway but immediately calmed by the cocktail hour and knowing they did not miss the ceremony. The Sunset following the storm was majestic. Every last detail I conveyed with Ashlee leading up to this moment was as I imagined and better. Seeing everything brought to life was my aw-ha moment. I remember thinking how grateful I was for Nellie’s Catering team and how much care they put into our special day. The little food I got to eat was delicious and our guests still talk about how genius having a cocktail hour first was for a wedding. They think it was planned the whole time. :)

I cannot recommend Nellie’s Catering enough. If quality and support are important to you, then look no further.

www.nelliescatering.com
    Facebook: Nellie’s Deli, Market & Catering
    Instagram: @nelliescatering

Photos by Alisa Sue Photography

Sent on 02/03/2019

Tessa · Married on 04/14/2018

Nellie's was amazing. Kathy and Brie helped make my big day so perfect, and everything went so smoothly. I couldn't be happier that I went with Nellie's.

Sent on 05/05/2018

stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

Nellie's was the first and only caterer we looked at for our wedding. We initially met with Fredda who quickly answered our questions and made our decision an easy one. We were introduced to our catering manager and did a walk thru. This made envisioning everything so simple and exciting. Sadly our manager left the company before our wedding however Brie was assigned to our wedding and did such a fabulous job! She put my mind at ease immediately. Many compliments were given about the staff and the food the night of the wedding. Nellie's will truly let you be in charge and let you dictate your special day. They just make sure everything goes as planned so that the day of you have no worries. This was very true for myself and my husband. The wedding day was truly one that was relaxing and stress free. We enjoyed every minute to the fullest.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2018

From the beginning to the end Nellie's was an awesome caterer to work with. They have a great team that managed communication very well. Everyone I encountered - Fredda, Kathy, and Brie were super easy and enjoyable to work with. Having Nellie's as my caterer often put me at ease especially as I needed to ask them a question, they were always so quick and accommodating to what I needed. I would definitely recommend Nellie's as a caterer for someone else's wedding!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Sara · Married on 02/18/2018

We have been lost without Nellie's Deli as our caterer! The amount of services that Nellie's provided makes them much more than just a catering company. Nellie's schedules several meetings throughout the planning process to help ensure all details are covered. Nellie's also has a storeroom of wedding decor that they let you look through and pick items to use during the wedding. We didn't have to purchase any centerpieces and used all the items from Nellie's. They also provide a day-of ceremony coordinator. Kathy was our ceremony coordinator and she made sure everyone knew where to go and how to line up. Brie was our amazing catering manager! Brie took care of the set up of our ceremony and reception. She decorated the entire wedding exactly the way I wanted. All we had to do was drop off our items to Nellie's a couple days before the wedding and they took care of the rest! All of our guests commented on how great the food was! We also used Nellie's to serve the alcohol at the wedding. We provided all the alcohol, mixers, and cups. Nellie's provided the drink dispensers, napkins, and ice. We definitely saved a lot of money by providing our own alcohol and having Nellie's serve.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Jacqui · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely loved Nellies Catering, they were so helpful and organized. We got so many compliments on the food, as well. Would totally recommend them.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Cathy · Married on 10/21/2017

Nellie's Catering was hired to cater my daughter's wedding. Fredda and Mary Kay had so many wonderful ideas to make this day so magical. They were always easy to deal with and accessible. Fredda always had a positive attitude and assured us that it would be beautiful. We made many changes throughout the process but this never affected Fredda or Mary Kay.
    As the day approached and the crew were setting up, it all fell into place. Her crew knew exactly what needed to be done. They worked well with the venue. During the reception, they were willing to answer any questions we had.
    The food, the absolutely DELICIOUS, food!! The presentation was beautiful and we had so many compliments on the food.
    Nellie's Catering was very instrumental in making this such a magical, "fairy tale" wedding. We could not have done all of this without their input. I would recommend Nellie's Catering for your next event.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Katy · Married on 09/29/2017

Nellie's Catering made our wedding the most amazing day of my life. Not only were the staff extremely professional and accomodating, but every single detail of the day was efficiently covered and taken care of. They made us an itinerary of the weekend's events for our entire bridal party and organized and ran our rehearsal at our venue, totally taking the stress off of me! All of our guests raved about the food...the timeliness of the meal, the quality, the presentation...everything was perfect! Fredda was our wedding coordinator and she made my husband and I feel like were the most special people on the planet! Everyone was a joy to work with and they even made checklists of things we had to do so we didn't get overwhelmed. They are very upfront with the cost and don't nickel and dime you like other catering companies we experienced. We were definitely on a budget and they bent over backwards to make it work for us. I had the most beautiful day of my life and it wouldn't have been possible without the staff at Nellie's Catering by my side. I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Karen · Married on 08/26/2017

I knew I was in good hands from the beginning. Very professional. I loved the attention to details that I hadn't thought of. Food was delicious! Highly recommend Nellie's for all your catering!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2017

Nellie's service at our wedding was phenomenal. From our first meeting/tasting I could tell that the service with Nellie's was so much better than other caterers we met with. The Nellie's team really cares about your wedding and they showed great enthusiasm towards our wedding which was greatly appreciated. Nellie's was great at accommodating our budget while also still providing yummy food. At the wedding I was extremely happy with their professionalism and kindness towards my guests. It was also nice that Nellie's made sure the groom and I ate dinner as well as had full drinks all night. Thanks again Nellie's for your amazing work at our wedding and helping to make our special day even better!

Sent on 05/16/2017