Natural Expressions NY Reviews

41 | New York, NY

41 Reviews for Natural Expressions NY

Michelle · Married on 07/17/2013

7 years later...

My husband and I got married in 2013, moved twice, had kids, and completely forgot to ever pick up our wedding album....Frank and his people tracked us down almost 7 years later to make sure we got it! Amazing dedication and the album turned out FANTASTIC. Frank is an amazing photographer and putting together the album was an incredibly smooth process even with 700 miles between us. 100% would recommend!

Sent on 04/28/2020

Natural Expressions NY's reply:

Dear Michelle,
    This is so kind of you. I remember the fun we had and it seems like it was just last week!
    All my best,
    Frank

I was referred to them by The Lighthouse. I loved the engagement shoot that Jerry did for my now-husband and I. He takes good close-ups and like to turn out photos that look like they are magazine covers. For the value of the money, they provide lots of free things, like the engagement shoot, an internet link to send to friends, blown-up pics, etc. I have to wait for a few months to get my pics developed, as I just had my wedding, so can't wait for the final product!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Ali · Married on 11/17/2012

I worked with Frank for my photography and videography services and the process was great from beginning to end. Frank really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera while also trying to take you out of your comfort zone a bit to capture a great shot. We took his lead on how to set-up the timing of our wedding day which we are grateful for because we got a ton of outside pictures for a November wedding. He kept the flow of the day moving along so smoothly that we never felt like we were rushed for time. We can't wait to see the pictures and video!!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Deborah · Married on 10/20/2012

When we look at our wedding photos we can't help but feel all the joy and happiness all over again. From the minute we met Jerry we new instantly and trusted fully that he would capture all the magic of the day. Jerry kept us relaxed and laughing from the engagement shoot right up to the last minute of our reception. Our friends and family even mentioned how fun Jerry was and how fabulous and efficient the pohots were. Like my husband and I our family and guest never felt any intrusion during the day. Our pictures were amazing, formal picutres as well as the candid moments of the day were fantatstic As we showed our proofs to family, friends and coworkers, there was a consensus that made us feel like we selected the best photographer, "we have never seen wedding pictures that captured everyone at their best, and caught moments you never would expect as part of a wedding album." A picture may be worth a thousand words but our wedding pictures need but a single word PHENOMENAL. Thanks Jerry for sharing all your talents with us and giving us a lifetime of memories

Sent on 02/24/2013

We loved Natural Expressions NY Photography so much!!! The owner, Frank, was easily accessible throughout the entire process, answering every phone call and email, in an extremely expeditious manner - every time, no matter how small the question. He certainly made me feel like a valued client. Telmo and Tracey were our wedding day photographers. They were consistent, thorough, insightful, friendly, helpful, encouraging, stress free, easy to work with, happy, pleasant and delightful!! Aside from all of their wonderful personal traits the quality of their work is far superior to any other photographer we considered and the pricing is reasonable for what you are getting! Words cannot express my gratitude to Frank, Telmo, and Tracey! Please do not settle, book Natural Expressions NY Photography and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/20/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Frank Ammaccapane and the entire Natural Expressions photography team! Our wedding was June 23, 2012 at the Roosevelt Hotel. Frank and his whole Natural Expressions team were a pleasure to work with. My husband and I used Frank for our engagement shoot last Fall, downtown in NYC. He was amazing! He really got a good feel for what we were looking for in a photographer, and he was able to have us open up and actually enjoy picture taking! I always complain that I am not photogenic, but Frank made me look modelesque in every shot. He had a charm about him that made the whole experience light, fun and playful! For the wedding, we worked with Frank, Telmo, Traci, Alex, the whole gang! We used Natural Expressions for both photography and video. The day of our wedding they showed up on time(even early!) and worked well with our other vendors. Frank had sat with us to make a timeline for the photography and to make sure that he was aware of any/all photography requests. He knew we wanted both traditional and artistic/photojournalistic shots--and we got them both- hundreds, even thousands of fabulous pictures! Frank knew our other vendors and everyone had raved about how they love working with him because he is such a genuine, interested and professional artist. He wanted each picture to be a beautiful masterpiece capturing the moment. They shot our first look in the lobby and got stunning pictures! Then we explored the city and went to Grand Central for a photoshoot to remember. We met with Frank and Traci last week to work on our album and they were both extremely easy to work with, enthusiastic and eager to please. We can not wait to see how the album and video turn out--as we get to relive the highlights of our wedding through all their beautiful pictures! I cannot imagine a better wedding photographer and I urge you not to look any further!!!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Anthony · Married on 04/21/2012

Frank and His staff are the best. From the first meeting at our home to the current stage of production we are in, its been a pleasure working with Natural Expressions. Telmo and his team did a great job for us, catching all of those special details of our event. From our 3 boys to the beautiful flowers, to the bridesmaids , and the awesome shots of my lovely wife, they did an outstanding job. It was a pleasure to deal with such pleasant and professional people. We will be certain to reccommend them to all of our friends and business partners.
    Anthony Quintal

Sent on 05/21/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 04/14/2012

We hired Natural Expressions to photograph our April 2012 wedding, and we could not be happier. Frank and Telmo were a pleasure to have on our big day- they have a great eye for what will make a good shot, and they couldn't be nicer and better at dealing with people of all ages. They made the bride, the groom, and all the guests, from the youngest flower girl all the way to my 98-year-old grandmother feel comfortable- which is key to good photos! They were fantastic about photographing every little detail of our wedding- all the things we had painstakingly prepared, they managed to capture on film. We're so grateful to them. They also put together beautiful combinations of artistic shots with our rings and flowers, among other things. There are so many great photos from our wedding day... It was a great day, and now we have beautiful pictures to commemorate it with. We highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Stacy · Married on 12/16/2011

Fabulous to work with, cant wait to see my photos! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/21/2011

Melissa · Married on 11/13/2010

We loved Frank and his assistants from Natural Expressions. Their services are pricey, but they are outstanding. We had more amazing pictures than we know what to do with. His team really captured the story of our wedding, in addition to beautiful portraits. He's very professional, and the whole team is a lot of fun, very nice.

Sent on 04/24/2011

K · Married on 08/21/2010

I hired Frank and his team from Natural Expressions NY for our wedding. His team was very professional and very approachable. They also arrived early in the morning and on time! Frank directed many of our shots and took control of many situations when time was an issue. Frank has a lot of experience with weddings and it shows. They really had a great sense of enthusiasm and passion for their work that it made me feel special and I had fun! Frank and his team seemed to care about the quality of their own work. They worked well with our family and friends. I had many favorable comments about Frank from our guests. They were very surprised to find Frank embedded in different spaces around the venue and they were also surprised at the number of photos he took. I haven't received our proofs yet so I can't comment yet on the quality - although his team did show me some camera shots the day of and they were great! I'm looking forward to viewing them. I can highly recommend Natural Expressions NY for wedding photography simply based on the care and professionalism with which Frank and his team conducted themselves.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Taryna · Married on 04/08/2010

Only word to describe Frank and his team is 'awesome'! My father in law never-ever smiles - and Frank made it happen - (not a forced, toothy smile, but a natural, relaxed, 'I'm having fun' sort of smile). That alone I think speaks highly of him.
    Our pictures captured the fairy-taily-ness of our day perfectly! And the album is just to die for. Everyone who walks into our door has to go through this album at least once (they are warned, don't worry!). Our dvd - omg don't get me started --- I've watched a gazillion times! The 'Notebook' has nothing on my wedding video!
    And lastly, I'm one of those girls who usually hates 3/4 of photos taken of myself. In my 2000+ photo stack (granted, they're not all of me - but I thought this might be a useful number), I loved them all.
    Hands down - Frank is the bomb.

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • Luz

Luz · Married on 05/25/2014

The company was recommended by our coordinator at World yacht.
    I couldn't have been happier
    Pedro our photographer is the best and utmost professional . Excellent with kids who decide don't want their picture taken and was able to make them laugh. He was even better with the bride who had several meltdowns and got her to calm down.
    Everyone at the company was great!
    We got our pics fairly quickly and we wet able to view online
    Highly recommend, won't be disappointed

Sent on 08/09/2014

Amy · Married on 07/10/2011

Natural Expressions is the photography studio that the CBC uses on their website, which is how we learned of the company. Based on 5th Avenue and 32nd Street, Natural Expressions is owned by Frank, and executed by a team of competent photographers and graphic artists.
    Frank, rather than making us trek into Manhattan to meet him every time, came out to LI and agreed to meet us at either our apartment or the CBC. We met at the CBC, where he had a fantastic set-up of albums and photos from him and his crew. Their style is very candid and natural. We didn’t want a lot of over-the-top pictures, although they can accommodate any style, Frank picked up on our vibe immediately and showed us what we were looking for. We were sold.
    The prices are a tad on the expensive side, but the quality and service you receive are well worth the price. Included in our package was an engagement photo shoot with 400 proofs, a dvd of the engagement photo shoot, all unmarked proofs of the wedding, a creatively designed album with 60 pictures, 2 parent albums, one 11x17, one 8x10, and two 5x7s.
    I also had constant contact with one of the associates, Jessica, via e-mail, and she was very responsive to any question I had. Our photographer was Telmo, who is fun and relaxing, and really brought out the best of my SO and I. During our engagement shoot, my SO didn’t feel very comfortable in front of the camera at first, and Telmo just made him so confident and happy. My SO and I had a lot of fun in our hour-long engagement shoot. It should also be noted that we got to pick our location for the shoot.
    The wedding shoot was gorgeous. The location gave Telmo and his assistant Traci a lot to work with. Telmo was working his butt off during the shoot! He was in the sand, climbing on top of things, and during the ceremony, he took pictures from every angle and height imaginable. What’s also great is that we really didn’t know Telmo was everywhere until we saw our friends’ pictures, and in every beautiful picture, you could see Telmo taking the same one!
    Our proofs are beautiful – and they haven’t even been color corrected yet! It should also be noted that we received the proofs a month (to the day) from our wedding. We are thrilled with the amazing work of Telmo, Frank, and the Natural Expressions team!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Sarah · Married on 01/04/2009

3.0

Frank is great! He takes amazing pictures, he is nice, and easy to work with. He came with another photographer and assistant, who all were extremely talented and professional. His work speaks for itself. The only drawback is that he works slowly--and does not adhere 100% to the timeline. But, I would recommend him 100%.

Sent on 01/21/2009

1.4
      2.0

Cookie cutter wedding pictures. If you like to take a lot of standing around/posed pictures that even your mom could think of then you got the right people. I gave 2 stars for professionalism because I'm sure they pay a lot for their office since its located in a fancy building on Park Ave South. They do respond very quickly. But again, no creativity whatsoever and gives you a good package rate that doesnt really include much so when you actually want to get things printed, you'll be charged an arm and a leg. I totally reqret using them.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Natural Expressions NY's reply:

Natural Expressions NY has been in business for ten years, providing a distinctive product and outstanding level of customer service to a wide variety of clientele. We work closely with our clients to meet their budgets and photography style and expectations. Our clients tend to be our greatest fans and account for our reliable referral business.

Our website shows the range of styles from photojournalistic to natural portraiture which our talented photography partners feature. We are known, not only for our responsiveness to clients inquiries, but more so, for our attention to our clients thoughts and needs.

As a very hands-on owner, who fosters a strong personal connection with all our clients, it comes as a surprise to receive a list of complaints, not one of which was ever voiced to me or my dependable and diligent staff.

While we've all heard the old saying, "You can't please all of the people all the time," Natural Expressions NY dedicates itself to just the opposite: Pleasing all of the people all of the time. It is my sincere wish that this anonymous reviewer would allow us that opportunity.

All my best,