Natural Expressions NY Reviews

34 | New York, NY

34 Reviews for Natural Expressions NY

Elizabeth · Married on 04/14/2012

We hired Natural Expressions to photograph our April 2012 wedding, and we could not be happier. Frank and Telmo were a pleasure to have on our big day- they have a great eye for what will make a good shot, and they couldn't be nicer and better at dealing with people of all ages. They made the bride, the groom, and all the guests, from the youngest flower girl all the way to my 98-year-old grandmother feel comfortable- which is key to good photos! They were fantastic about photographing every little detail of our wedding- all the things we had painstakingly prepared, they managed to capture on film. We're so grateful to them. They also put together beautiful combinations of artistic shots with our rings and flowers, among other things. There are so many great photos from our wedding day... It was a great day, and now we have beautiful pictures to commemorate it with. We highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Stacy · Married on 12/16/2011

Fabulous to work with, cant wait to see my photos! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/21/2011

Melissa · Married on 11/13/2010

We loved Frank and his assistants from Natural Expressions. Their services are pricey, but they are outstanding. We had more amazing pictures than we know what to do with. His team really captured the story of our wedding, in addition to beautiful portraits. He's very professional, and the whole team is a lot of fun, very nice.

Sent on 04/24/2011

K · Married on 08/21/2010

I hired Frank and his team from Natural Expressions NY for our wedding. His team was very professional and very approachable. They also arrived early in the morning and on time! Frank directed many of our shots and took control of many situations when time was an issue. Frank has a lot of experience with weddings and it shows. They really had a great sense of enthusiasm and passion for their work that it made me feel special and I had fun! Frank and his team seemed to care about the quality of their own work. They worked well with our family and friends. I had many favorable comments about Frank from our guests. They were very surprised to find Frank embedded in different spaces around the venue and they were also surprised at the number of photos he took. I haven't received our proofs yet so I can't comment yet on the quality - although his team did show me some camera shots the day of and they were great! I'm looking forward to viewing them. I can highly recommend Natural Expressions NY for wedding photography simply based on the care and professionalism with which Frank and his team conducted themselves.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Taryna · Married on 04/08/2010

Only word to describe Frank and his team is 'awesome'! My father in law never-ever smiles - and Frank made it happen - (not a forced, toothy smile, but a natural, relaxed, 'I'm having fun' sort of smile). That alone I think speaks highly of him.
    Our pictures captured the fairy-taily-ness of our day perfectly! And the album is just to die for. Everyone who walks into our door has to go through this album at least once (they are warned, don't worry!). Our dvd - omg don't get me started --- I've watched a gazillion times! The 'Notebook' has nothing on my wedding video!
    And lastly, I'm one of those girls who usually hates 3/4 of photos taken of myself. In my 2000+ photo stack (granted, they're not all of me - but I thought this might be a useful number), I loved them all.
    Hands down - Frank is the bomb.

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • Luz

Luz · Married on 05/25/2014

The company was recommended by our coordinator at World yacht.
    I couldn't have been happier
    Pedro our photographer is the best and utmost professional . Excellent with kids who decide don't want their picture taken and was able to make them laugh. He was even better with the bride who had several meltdowns and got her to calm down.
    Everyone at the company was great!
    We got our pics fairly quickly and we wet able to view online
    Highly recommend, won't be disappointed

Sent on 08/09/2014

Amy · Married on 07/10/2011

Natural Expressions is the photography studio that the CBC uses on their website, which is how we learned of the company. Based on 5th Avenue and 32nd Street, Natural Expressions is owned by Frank, and executed by a team of competent photographers and graphic artists.
    Frank, rather than making us trek into Manhattan to meet him every time, came out to LI and agreed to meet us at either our apartment or the CBC. We met at the CBC, where he had a fantastic set-up of albums and photos from him and his crew. Their style is very candid and natural. We didn’t want a lot of over-the-top pictures, although they can accommodate any style, Frank picked up on our vibe immediately and showed us what we were looking for. We were sold.
    The prices are a tad on the expensive side, but the quality and service you receive are well worth the price. Included in our package was an engagement photo shoot with 400 proofs, a dvd of the engagement photo shoot, all unmarked proofs of the wedding, a creatively designed album with 60 pictures, 2 parent albums, one 11x17, one 8x10, and two 5x7s.
    I also had constant contact with one of the associates, Jessica, via e-mail, and she was very responsive to any question I had. Our photographer was Telmo, who is fun and relaxing, and really brought out the best of my SO and I. During our engagement shoot, my SO didn’t feel very comfortable in front of the camera at first, and Telmo just made him so confident and happy. My SO and I had a lot of fun in our hour-long engagement shoot. It should also be noted that we got to pick our location for the shoot.
    The wedding shoot was gorgeous. The location gave Telmo and his assistant Traci a lot to work with. Telmo was working his butt off during the shoot! He was in the sand, climbing on top of things, and during the ceremony, he took pictures from every angle and height imaginable. What’s also great is that we really didn’t know Telmo was everywhere until we saw our friends’ pictures, and in every beautiful picture, you could see Telmo taking the same one!
    Our proofs are beautiful – and they haven’t even been color corrected yet! It should also be noted that we received the proofs a month (to the day) from our wedding. We are thrilled with the amazing work of Telmo, Frank, and the Natural Expressions team!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Sarah · Married on 01/04/2009

3.0

Frank is great! He takes amazing pictures, he is nice, and easy to work with. He came with another photographer and assistant, who all were extremely talented and professional. His work speaks for itself. The only drawback is that he works slowly--and does not adhere 100% to the timeline. But, I would recommend him 100%.

Sent on 01/21/2009

1.4
      2.0

Cookie cutter wedding pictures. If you like to take a lot of standing around/posed pictures that even your mom could think of then you got the right people. I gave 2 stars for professionalism because I'm sure they pay a lot for their office since its located in a fancy building on Park Ave South. They do respond very quickly. But again, no creativity whatsoever and gives you a good package rate that doesnt really include much so when you actually want to get things printed, you'll be charged an arm and a leg. I totally reqret using them.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Natural Expressions NY's reply:

Natural Expressions NY has been in business for ten years, providing a distinctive product and outstanding level of customer service to a wide variety of clientele. We work closely with our clients to meet their budgets and photography style and expectations. Our clients tend to be our greatest fans and account for our reliable referral business.

Our website shows the range of styles from photojournalistic to natural portraiture which our talented photography partners feature. We are known, not only for our responsiveness to clients inquiries, but more so, for our attention to our clients thoughts and needs.

As a very hands-on owner, who fosters a strong personal connection with all our clients, it comes as a surprise to receive a list of complaints, not one of which was ever voiced to me or my dependable and diligent staff.

While we've all heard the old saying, "You can't please all of the people all the time," Natural Expressions NY dedicates itself to just the opposite: Pleasing all of the people all of the time. It is my sincere wish that this anonymous reviewer would allow us that opportunity.

All my best,