Natural Expressions NY Reviews

33 | New York, NY

33 Reviews for Natural Expressions NY

Laura Heumann · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Photography Team

Natural Expressions was a joy to work with.
    Not only is the owner (Frank) wonderful and always looking out for our best interests, but our photographer and videographer team were top notch. We loved Pedro , Jerry, Luiza and Arthur. They were incredible and we can’t thank them enough. The were organized, attentive and ran on time. The entire day went smoothly and they made everyone feel calm and comfortable. They also captured beautiful and amazing footage that we will have forever. We truly had the A team and could not have been happier.

Alyssa · Married on 05/26/2018

We LOVED Natural Expressions! Our photographer was Telmo, but we had been meeting with Frank leading up to the event. He told us he would try and come to the wedding prior to the ceremony to take pictures too. We, of course, just thought he was being polite, so it was to my surprise (and delight) that Frank came and took pictures, and stayed through the ceremony. It is truly that personal connection that we loved and appreciated from both Frank and Telmo. They were incredibly easy to work with, and really took their jobs seriously. They are fully aware of the fact that they are the ones creating your long-lasting wedding memories and they 100% succeeded. I cannot say enough about them both. They also made us, and our guests, feel comfortable and had a great time shooting the wedding. We have not received our photos yet but we know they will be amazing!! We would 100% recommend Frank and Telmo for any event.

• I

Ingrid · Married on 11/26/2017

I just want to say thank you for everything! I know all of the photography is going to be terrific. I thought you and your crew did such a fantastic job! You guys were everywhere but you were not at all intrusive.

The engagement video is outstanding. You really captured Rebecca and Lloyd’s feelings for each other.

On a personal note, I am so impressed with your warmth and genuineness, Frank. You radiate a warmth that is very special and very calming. You seem like a truly nice, kind person.

I will recommend you to everyone. It was a pleasure meeting you and working together.

Sincerely,
    Ingrid - Mother of the Bride

Rebecca · Married on 11/26/2017

THANK YOU, Frank, Telmo and your entire team for doing the most incredible job at our wedding. I'm thrilled that we chose to work together with you! Firstly, the engagement photos are stunning. You were so kind to work with our schedule and meet us in such a short period of time.
    Everything related to photos and video the day of the wedding was managed in such a professional, seamless way. As a small business owner myself, I know that every detail has to be perfect and thought through well in advance. You absolutely had every single detail covered, and it allowed us to relax and enjoy the day that much more!
    Your extremely warm, engaging and upbeat way of being added so much to our special day. If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate for one second to hire you all over again!
    We can't wait to see the photos and relive our wedding via the video. I will absolutely be recommending you to others!!

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE. Frank- thank you SO much for everything. From our first meeting to wedding day, Frank was easy to work with and responsive and kept us comfortable (and laughing!) Both him and telmo kept everything moving without making us feel pressured or rush. I was so nervous about being awkward and from the very first picture of our engagement shoot, Frank made me feel comfortable. We chose Natural Expressions after he did a friends wedding, they captured all of the shots and best moments in the most natural state, nothing looked posed or forced and we loved that. We can't wait to see our pictures!

Courtney · Married on 08/13/2016

Natural Expressions was a pleasure to work with Jerry and Luisa did a fantastic job of making sure our day was documented the best way possible. The engagement shoot with Jerry was also stellar. So happy we went with Natural Expressions and with Jerry. They did an excellent job

Melanie · Married on 07/09/2016

I would definitely recommend this company to any couple! Frank was extremely accommodating to our busy schedules while trying to book our engagement shoot. Telmo shot our wedding and was truly amazing. He made everything run so smoothly and got some stunning shots! Their team dressed and acted professionally the entire night (photographers and videographers). Thank you so much!

Caroline · Married on 05/29/2016

We used Natural Expressions for our recent wedding and could not have been happier with our choice. Frank shot our engagement photos, and Frank, Telmo and crew shot the wedding itself. We haven't seen the wedding photos yet, but the engagement photos were all beautiful. Frank is such a talented artist and professional. On the wedding day, he kept us calm and laughing. He effortlessly navigated our complicated, and changing, requests for family/friend photo combinations, and managed to keep us on schedule leading up to the ceremony. My husband and I had been really concerned about the photography and videography preventing us from staying in the moment. Frank was extremely sensitive to this concern; he struck the perfect balance between capturing all of the important moments without taking us out of the real-time experience. We loved working with him, from the engagement shoot through the main event, and look forward to collaborating on the final album over the next few months. We highly recommend Natural Expressions to anyone considering them for an event!

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2016

Natural Expressions was a recommendation from our venue's wedding coordinator. They were great from start to finish. Always responsive and accommodating. Frank shot our engagement shoot and most of our photos day of along with Jerry, who was hilarious and fun to work with. I'm not someone who likes being the center of attention and I don't like photo shoots...Frank always made my husband and I feel comfortable and he was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend their team to anyone.

Antonia · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't say enough good things about Frank and his team. I absolutely loved our photographer Pedro!!! My husband really does not enjoy taking pictures but Pedro was able to make the experience fun and relaxing for him. And of course the pictures were just absolutely phenomenal!!!! I think I would have had a mini breakdown that day if it weren't for Pedro lol. Our videography was also wonderful and the video came out beautiful! It all and all was an absolutely magical day thanks to Natural Expressions. They were my favorite of all my vendors. My husband and I along with our family can not thank them enough for capturing our wedding day so beautifully.

Of all the fantastic vendors that helped make my wedding the best day ever I truly believe that Pedro stood out the most for the fantastic work he did! My now husband and I first chose to work with NYNE because of the work we had seen them do with beach weddings, as lighting is very important here and not always done the right way. Frank conveniently met us at our home and was very helpful to set up a package that worked for our budget. We loved that we got to have a "test run" with Pedro during our free engagement shoot and were so happy with how comfortable we were working with him. All of our photos came out spectacular! The day of our wedding Pedro (and his assistant Michael) showed up to my parent's home all smiles and stayed that way the entire day. One of the things I loved most about working with Pedro was how on top of remembering specific photos that I wanted taken without being pushy in any way or taking us away from enjoying our party. We love the way the photos came out and are so happy that we have such great moments captured to always remember our special day!

samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

Frank and his team are fantastic. They made the whole day fun and easy. I received the pictures the other day and they are so amazing I cannot stop looking at them! We are so excited to see the video. Natural Expressions are a great choice for any event and I am glad you were a part of my wedding.

We retained Natural Expressions to take our wedding pictures and they did a phenomenal job. The pictures look amazing. Frank is a pleasure to work with - he worked with us to accommodate our budget and other needs. Telmo and team did an excellent job making sure we got pictures with everyone at our wedding. I would recommend them without reservation.

• User4202259 · 2+ years ago

I wasn't really sure how to go about choosing a photographer for my wedding, but after meeting Frank I instantly knew I wanted someone I could work easily with and be around all day (literally all day). The staff at natural expressions made the planning aspect go very smoothly. My husband had one request, he wanted to be at cocktail hour. The day of the wedding we were able to take plenty of photos with each other, the bridal party and our families and still get to the start of cocktail hour. Frank and Telmo made the whole photo taking process a ton of fun, everyone loved them! They were also great at knowing the spots that would look good in photos, a great balance of posing and candid pictures as well. We just received on pictures and I absolutely love them! I highly recommend Natural Expressions!

Where do we begin?!?! Frank and his team at Natural Expressions are simply the best! We first met Frank during our engagement shoot in NYC and he was a pleasure to work with. His photos speak for themselves, but his personality, in addition to his creativity, really makes shooting with him an enjoyable experience. He made us feel comfortable right from the start, and he truly has a charm and humor about him that makes everyone he works with fall in love with him. Even our family and friends at the wedding echoed this sentiment and commented on his personality and how playful and fun he is! Prior to our wedding, Frank took the time to create a schedule and timeline for the wedding photos, and he was willing to accommodate any and all photography requests. As expected, we were disappointed when the weather did not cooperate and our picture-perfect sunny day turned to an overcast day; however, Frank found a way to utilize the weather to our photographic advantage and convinced (really forced) us to go outside where he was able to capture a breathtaking, once-in-a-lifetime, magazine-worthy shot of us in a backdrop of intense fog…it looks like we are floating in the clouds!

We would be remiss if we did not single out Pedro who not only followed the groom and groomsmen around for all photos on the wedding day, capturing tons of fantastic candid moments, but he also distracted and entertained our 14-month-old niece during time-sensitive photos!

We cannot wait to put together our photo album and you really cannot do better than Frank and his Natural Expressions photography team (especially if you’re getting married at Temple Emanu-El of Closter!)!

Courtney & Aaron

Steve & Carmelene · Married on 08/16/2014

Natural Expressions-- we can't thank you enough!! Frank you are a true professional, but also the nicest guy ever! You, Pedro an Noah work fantastic together. We felt like you were part of our family at Michelle & Eric's recent wedding on August 16, 2014. You captured so many beautiful moments during the entire day! You are so creative and very funny. After seeing how fantastic the engagement photos came out, we can only imagine how incredibly beautiful the wedding pics will be! You guys are a class act. We are sincerely grateful. Steve & Carmelene Lanzano and Eric & Michelle Mendes

I LOVED THESE GUYS! Frank and his team are amazing, flexible and accommodating. My husband and I got remarried in NY with family and friends since we only had a civil wedding two years prior in Switzerland. Frank was so helpful when I was in the process of looking at photographers, he made time to skype and even took into consideration the time differences. He was so friendly and relaxed from minute one that I knew I wanted him to be our photographer. His work is AMAZING! We sent him a 28 page document with photos we liked and things we wanted to replicate, and he worked with us to provide the perfect day captured on film. My husband and I wanted lots of couples photos since at our first wedding we had a family friend do our photos, but he was more concerned about the food than taking pictures. Frank worked non-stop the whole night and is such a professional. He's creative and always seizes opportunities to make unique photos. His whole team is friendly, funny and extremely helpful for every question or idea I had while planning from abroad and especially on the big day. I plan on using him for all our future events and highly recommend him.

I was referred to them by The Lighthouse. I loved the engagement shoot that Jerry did for my now-husband and I. He takes good close-ups and like to turn out photos that look like they are magazine covers. For the value of the money, they provide lots of free things, like the engagement shoot, an internet link to send to friends, blown-up pics, etc. I have to wait for a few months to get my pics developed, as I just had my wedding, so can't wait for the final product!

Ali · Married on 11/17/2012

I worked with Frank for my photography and videography services and the process was great from beginning to end. Frank really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera while also trying to take you out of your comfort zone a bit to capture a great shot. We took his lead on how to set-up the timing of our wedding day which we are grateful for because we got a ton of outside pictures for a November wedding. He kept the flow of the day moving along so smoothly that we never felt like we were rushed for time. We can't wait to see the pictures and video!!

Deborah · Married on 10/20/2012

When we look at our wedding photos we can't help but feel all the joy and happiness all over again. From the minute we met Jerry we new instantly and trusted fully that he would capture all the magic of the day. Jerry kept us relaxed and laughing from the engagement shoot right up to the last minute of our reception. Our friends and family even mentioned how fun Jerry was and how fabulous and efficient the pohots were. Like my husband and I our family and guest never felt any intrusion during the day. Our pictures were amazing, formal picutres as well as the candid moments of the day were fantatstic As we showed our proofs to family, friends and coworkers, there was a consensus that made us feel like we selected the best photographer, "we have never seen wedding pictures that captured everyone at their best, and caught moments you never would expect as part of a wedding album." A picture may be worth a thousand words but our wedding pictures need but a single word PHENOMENAL. Thanks Jerry for sharing all your talents with us and giving us a lifetime of memories

We loved Natural Expressions NY Photography so much!!! The owner, Frank, was easily accessible throughout the entire process, answering every phone call and email, in an extremely expeditious manner - every time, no matter how small the question. He certainly made me feel like a valued client. Telmo and Tracey were our wedding day photographers. They were consistent, thorough, insightful, friendly, helpful, encouraging, stress free, easy to work with, happy, pleasant and delightful!! Aside from all of their wonderful personal traits the quality of their work is far superior to any other photographer we considered and the pricing is reasonable for what you are getting! Words cannot express my gratitude to Frank, Telmo, and Tracey! Please do not settle, book Natural Expressions NY Photography and you will not be disappointed!!

I cannot say enough good things about Frank Ammaccapane and the entire Natural Expressions photography team! Our wedding was June 23, 2012 at the Roosevelt Hotel. Frank and his whole Natural Expressions team were a pleasure to work with. My husband and I used Frank for our engagement shoot last Fall, downtown in NYC. He was amazing! He really got a good feel for what we were looking for in a photographer, and he was able to have us open up and actually enjoy picture taking! I always complain that I am not photogenic, but Frank made me look modelesque in every shot. He had a charm about him that made the whole experience light, fun and playful! For the wedding, we worked with Frank, Telmo, Traci, Alex, the whole gang! We used Natural Expressions for both photography and video. The day of our wedding they showed up on time(even early!) and worked well with our other vendors. Frank had sat with us to make a timeline for the photography and to make sure that he was aware of any/all photography requests. He knew we wanted both traditional and artistic/photojournalistic shots--and we got them both- hundreds, even thousands of fabulous pictures! Frank knew our other vendors and everyone had raved about how they love working with him because he is such a genuine, interested and professional artist. He wanted each picture to be a beautiful masterpiece capturing the moment. They shot our first look in the lobby and got stunning pictures! Then we explored the city and went to Grand Central for a photoshoot to remember. We met with Frank and Traci last week to work on our album and they were both extremely easy to work with, enthusiastic and eager to please. We can not wait to see how the album and video turn out--as we get to relive the highlights of our wedding through all their beautiful pictures! I cannot imagine a better wedding photographer and I urge you not to look any further!!!

anthony · Married on 04/21/2012

Frank and His staff are the best. From the first meeting at our home to the current stage of production we are in, its been a pleasure working with Natural Expressions. Telmo and his team did a great job for us, catching all of those special details of our event. From our 3 boys to the beautiful flowers, to the bridesmaids , and the awesome shots of my lovely wife, they did an outstanding job. It was a pleasure to deal with such pleasant and professional people. We will be certain to reccommend them to all of our friends and business partners.
    Anthony Quintal

Elizabeth · Married on 04/14/2012

We hired Natural Expressions to photograph our April 2012 wedding, and we could not be happier. Frank and Telmo were a pleasure to have on our big day- they have a great eye for what will make a good shot, and they couldn't be nicer and better at dealing with people of all ages. They made the bride, the groom, and all the guests, from the youngest flower girl all the way to my 98-year-old grandmother feel comfortable- which is key to good photos! They were fantastic about photographing every little detail of our wedding- all the things we had painstakingly prepared, they managed to capture on film. We're so grateful to them. They also put together beautiful combinations of artistic shots with our rings and flowers, among other things. There are so many great photos from our wedding day... It was a great day, and now we have beautiful pictures to commemorate it with. We highly recommend these guys!