Natural Expressions NY Reviews

41 Reviews for Natural Expressions NY

• Erica

Erica S. · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Outdoor Wedding

After our wedding was postponed due to Covid-19, Frank and his team were extremely helpful in helping us plan an intimate outdoor wedding ceremony. Not only was he easy to work with on postponing, Frank captured every moment of our wedding day perfectly and was extremely creative on such short notice. Frank's attention to detail really makes him one of the best in the industry. We will be using Frank again for our larger reception down the road and would highly recommend Natural Expressions for any classy wedding or affair.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Stephanie S. · Married on 08/01/2020

Exceptional Service

From the moment we started working with Frank, we knew we were in good hands. What we didn't expect was the exceptional service we would receive throughout the wedding planning process. Like many others in 2020, our wedding plans changed due to the pandemic. When we decided to go forward with an intimate ceremony, Frank and his team were enthusiastically with us every step of the way. He pulled in an additional photographer to help us capture more beautiful shots throughout the day, and Luiza has been a dream to work with in preparing our wedding album. At the end of this experience, Frank and his team felt like a part of our family on our wedding day. We are SO grateful that they stuck with us during the uncertainty of planning. Now, we have amazing wedding photos to share the story of our pandemic wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2020

Michelle P. · Married on 07/09/2020

Perfect!!!

Frank and his team gave us an absolutely flawless experience, from start to finish. From planning the event during COVID, executing the day calmly and safely, to STUNNING photos, Natural Expressions made the experience perfect. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/13/2020

Very hands on and wonderful experience

When you are looking for photographers, Frank and Pedro know there stuff. Natural expression came highly recommended. We were on a time constraint for engagement photos and they made it all work and fast!
    For our wedding especially during the pandemic, they walked us through everything in making it a very special day given the limited number of people we were allowed at the venues.
    They are very hands on even with an emotional bride having to make major changes daily with the pandemic to make it all work. From 250 black tie venue in nyc to 14 people for a family wedding at a country setting-they made it work. The photos by far made my husband and I feel they really made the wedding!! Can’t thank them enough for all there hard work.

Sent on 06/30/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca P. · Married on 03/16/2020

Saved our covid wedding

Our March 15, 2020wedding was essentially canceled the day before at the start of covid lockdowns. Frank and his team made us feel like the day was special. They saved the day. It's the only part of our dream wedding we got to actually have. They we're flexible and accommodating and helped us navigate our wedding day amid the chaos and the unknown. I can guarantee they will make your backyard wedding look beautiful, and create and album and prints that are as wonderful as the original 'plan'. We'd recommend Frank and his team to anyone. Here is a link to an article written about our wedding featuring the photographs from our ad hock, 24 hour notice covid wedding https://jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/the-newly-little-wedding-that-almost-wasnt/

Sent on 10/07/2020

Heather F. · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely stunning photography!

Natural Expressions NY did an AMAZING job - we had the best experience working with Frank and Telmo for photography, and Alex for videography!! My now husband and I knew we wanted to work with Natural Expressions NY for our wedding because they captured my sister and brother in law’s wedding in 2015 so beautifully!!

We worked with Frank leading up to the wedding, including creating our schedule for the day of. And trust me, I wasn’t easy - I had three separate first looks (with my dad, my bridesmaids and then of course my groom!). Frank and Telmo were our day of photographers and made sure everything ran smoothly and that we stayed on schedule! Frank and Telmo were also extremely fun to work with on our wedding day, and we felt so comfortable with them! The shots were so fun and creative, yet classic!

The whole team is extremely responsive before and after the wedding, and very easy to work with as well.

The photos are absolutely stunning and we are so happy with the finished product! I was so elated to receive our beautiful, extremely high quality wedding photos and video - definitely shed many happy tears reliving our day! We love Natural Expressions NY!!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Laura H. · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Photography Team

Natural Expressions was a joy to work with.
    Not only is the owner (Frank) wonderful and always looking out for our best interests, but our photographer and videographer team were top notch. We loved Pedro , Jerry, Luiza and Arthur. They were incredible and we can’t thank them enough. The were organized, attentive and ran on time. The entire day went smoothly and they made everyone feel calm and comfortable. They also captured beautiful and amazing footage that we will have forever. We truly had the A team and could not have been happier.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/26/2018

We LOVED Natural Expressions! Our photographer was Telmo, but we had been meeting with Frank leading up to the event. He told us he would try and come to the wedding prior to the ceremony to take pictures too. We, of course, just thought he was being polite, so it was to my surprise (and delight) that Frank came and took pictures, and stayed through the ceremony. It is truly that personal connection that we loved and appreciated from both Frank and Telmo. They were incredibly easy to work with, and really took their jobs seriously. They are fully aware of the fact that they are the ones creating your long-lasting wedding memories and they 100% succeeded. I cannot say enough about them both. They also made us, and our guests, feel comfortable and had a great time shooting the wedding. We have not received our photos yet but we know they will be amazing!! We would 100% recommend Frank and Telmo for any event.

Sent on 06/10/2018
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 11/26/2017

I just want to say thank you for everything! I know all of the photography is going to be terrific. I thought you and your crew did such a fantastic job! You guys were everywhere but you were not at all intrusive.

The engagement video is outstanding. You really captured Rebecca and Lloyd’s feelings for each other.

On a personal note, I am so impressed with your warmth and genuineness, Frank. You radiate a warmth that is very special and very calming. You seem like a truly nice, kind person.

I will recommend you to everyone. It was a pleasure meeting you and working together.

Sincerely,
    Ingrid - Mother of the Bride

Sent on 12/03/2017

Rebecca · Married on 11/26/2017

THANK YOU, Frank, Telmo and your entire team for doing the most incredible job at our wedding. I'm thrilled that we chose to work together with you! Firstly, the engagement photos are stunning. You were so kind to work with our schedule and meet us in such a short period of time.
    Everything related to photos and video the day of the wedding was managed in such a professional, seamless way. As a small business owner myself, I know that every detail has to be perfect and thought through well in advance. You absolutely had every single detail covered, and it allowed us to relax and enjoy the day that much more!
    Your extremely warm, engaging and upbeat way of being added so much to our special day. If I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate for one second to hire you all over again!
    We can't wait to see the photos and relive our wedding via the video. I will absolutely be recommending you to others!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Steven S. · Married on 11/11/2017

Comments from a father of 2 brides

Wedding photography....As the father of 2 brides 5 years apart we used Natural Expressions both times and I can only describe our relationship and the quality of their work in one word....Excellent Steve Schwartz Pgh., PA

Sent on 03/28/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE. Frank- thank you SO much for everything. From our first meeting to wedding day, Frank was easy to work with and responsive and kept us comfortable (and laughing!) Both him and telmo kept everything moving without making us feel pressured or rush. I was so nervous about being awkward and from the very first picture of our engagement shoot, Frank made me feel comfortable. We chose Natural Expressions after he did a friends wedding, they captured all of the shots and best moments in the most natural state, nothing looked posed or forced and we loved that. We can't wait to see our pictures!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Courtney · Married on 08/13/2016

Natural Expressions was a pleasure to work with Jerry and Luisa did a fantastic job of making sure our day was documented the best way possible. The engagement shoot with Jerry was also stellar. So happy we went with Natural Expressions and with Jerry. They did an excellent job

Sent on 08/21/2017

Melanie · Married on 07/09/2016

I would definitely recommend this company to any couple! Frank was extremely accommodating to our busy schedules while trying to book our engagement shoot. Telmo shot our wedding and was truly amazing. He made everything run so smoothly and got some stunning shots! Their team dressed and acted professionally the entire night (photographers and videographers). Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/29/2016

We used Natural Expressions for our recent wedding and could not have been happier with our choice. Frank shot our engagement photos, and Frank, Telmo and crew shot the wedding itself. We haven't seen the wedding photos yet, but the engagement photos were all beautiful. Frank is such a talented artist and professional. On the wedding day, he kept us calm and laughing. He effortlessly navigated our complicated, and changing, requests for family/friend photo combinations, and managed to keep us on schedule leading up to the ceremony. My husband and I had been really concerned about the photography and videography preventing us from staying in the moment. Frank was extremely sensitive to this concern; he struck the perfect balance between capturing all of the important moments without taking us out of the real-time experience. We loved working with him, from the engagement shoot through the main event, and look forward to collaborating on the final album over the next few months. We highly recommend Natural Expressions to anyone considering them for an event!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/15/2016

Natural Expressions was a recommendation from our venue's wedding coordinator. They were great from start to finish. Always responsive and accommodating. Frank shot our engagement shoot and most of our photos day of along with Jerry, who was hilarious and fun to work with. I'm not someone who likes being the center of attention and I don't like photo shoots...Frank always made my husband and I feel comfortable and he was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend their team to anyone.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Antonia · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't say enough good things about Frank and his team. I absolutely loved our photographer Pedro!!! My husband really does not enjoy taking pictures but Pedro was able to make the experience fun and relaxing for him. And of course the pictures were just absolutely phenomenal!!!! I think I would have had a mini breakdown that day if it weren't for Pedro lol. Our videography was also wonderful and the video came out beautiful! It all and all was an absolutely magical day thanks to Natural Expressions. They were my favorite of all my vendors. My husband and I along with our family can not thank them enough for capturing our wedding day so beautifully.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Of all the fantastic vendors that helped make my wedding the best day ever I truly believe that Pedro stood out the most for the fantastic work he did! My now husband and I first chose to work with NYNE because of the work we had seen them do with beach weddings, as lighting is very important here and not always done the right way. Frank conveniently met us at our home and was very helpful to set up a package that worked for our budget. We loved that we got to have a "test run" with Pedro during our free engagement shoot and were so happy with how comfortable we were working with him. All of our photos came out spectacular! The day of our wedding Pedro (and his assistant Michael) showed up to my parent's home all smiles and stayed that way the entire day. One of the things I loved most about working with Pedro was how on top of remembering specific photos that I wanted taken without being pushy in any way or taking us away from enjoying our party. We love the way the photos came out and are so happy that we have such great moments captured to always remember our special day!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

Frank and his team are fantastic. They made the whole day fun and easy. I received the pictures the other day and they are so amazing I cannot stop looking at them! We are so excited to see the video. Natural Expressions are a great choice for any event and I am glad you were a part of my wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2015

We retained Natural Expressions to take our wedding pictures and they did a phenomenal job. The pictures look amazing. Frank is a pleasure to work with - he worked with us to accommodate our budget and other needs. Telmo and team did an excellent job making sure we got pictures with everyone at our wedding. I would recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Natural Expressions exceeded my expectations for my wedding photography. Frank and his office staff have been wonderful and responsive from the beginning and a pleasure to work with. Pedro took the most beautiful photos for our engagement and wedding and we could not be happier.

I selected Natural Expressions because I didn't want a lot of posed portraits and I wanted them to capture moments and they did exactly that. I could not be happier. I hope to have an occasion in the future to hire them again.

Sent on 08/02/2015
  • User4202259 · 2+ years ago

I wasn't really sure how to go about choosing a photographer for my wedding, but after meeting Frank I instantly knew I wanted someone I could work easily with and be around all day (literally all day). The staff at natural expressions made the planning aspect go very smoothly. My husband had one request, he wanted to be at cocktail hour. The day of the wedding we were able to take plenty of photos with each other, the bridal party and our families and still get to the start of cocktail hour. Frank and Telmo made the whole photo taking process a ton of fun, everyone loved them! They were also great at knowing the spots that would look good in photos, a great balance of posing and candid pictures as well. We just received on pictures and I absolutely love them! I highly recommend Natural Expressions!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Where do we begin?!?! Frank and his team at Natural Expressions are simply the best! We first met Frank during our engagement shoot in NYC and he was a pleasure to work with. His photos speak for themselves, but his personality, in addition to his creativity, really makes shooting with him an enjoyable experience. He made us feel comfortable right from the start, and he truly has a charm and humor about him that makes everyone he works with fall in love with him. Even our family and friends at the wedding echoed this sentiment and commented on his personality and how playful and fun he is! Prior to our wedding, Frank took the time to create a schedule and timeline for the wedding photos, and he was willing to accommodate any and all photography requests. As expected, we were disappointed when the weather did not cooperate and our picture-perfect sunny day turned to an overcast day; however, Frank found a way to utilize the weather to our photographic advantage and convinced (really forced) us to go outside where he was able to capture a breathtaking, once-in-a-lifetime, magazine-worthy shot of us in a backdrop of intense fog…it looks like we are floating in the clouds!

We would be remiss if we did not single out Pedro who not only followed the groom and groomsmen around for all photos on the wedding day, capturing tons of fantastic candid moments, but he also distracted and entertained our 14-month-old niece during time-sensitive photos!

We cannot wait to put together our photo album and you really cannot do better than Frank and his Natural Expressions photography team (especially if you’re getting married at Temple Emanu-El of Closter!)!

Courtney & Aaron

Sent on 03/30/2015

Steve C. · Married on 08/16/2014

Natural Expressions-- we can't thank you enough!! Frank you are a true professional, but also the nicest guy ever! You, Pedro an Noah work fantastic together. We felt like you were part of our family at Michelle & Eric's recent wedding on August 16, 2014. You captured so many beautiful moments during the entire day! You are so creative and very funny. After seeing how fantastic the engagement photos came out, we can only imagine how incredibly beautiful the wedding pics will be! You guys are a class act. We are sincerely grateful. Steve & Carmelene Lanzano and Eric & Michelle Mendes

Sent on 08/21/2014

I LOVED THESE GUYS! Frank and his team are amazing, flexible and accommodating. My husband and I got remarried in NY with family and friends since we only had a civil wedding two years prior in Switzerland. Frank was so helpful when I was in the process of looking at photographers, he made time to skype and even took into consideration the time differences. He was so friendly and relaxed from minute one that I knew I wanted him to be our photographer. His work is AMAZING! We sent him a 28 page document with photos we liked and things we wanted to replicate, and he worked with us to provide the perfect day captured on film. My husband and I wanted lots of couples photos since at our first wedding we had a family friend do our photos, but he was more concerned about the food than taking pictures. Frank worked non-stop the whole night and is such a professional. He's creative and always seizes opportunities to make unique photos. His whole team is friendly, funny and extremely helpful for every question or idea I had while planning from abroad and especially on the big day. I plan on using him for all our future events and highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/23/2013