National Park Service - Castillo de San Cristobal Reviews

5 Reviews for National Park Service - Castillo de San Cristobal

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/24/2020

Great experience and communication

Angel and Hector walked me through the process and even moved our location on the day of due to mud on the previous day from rain.

Sent on 02/15/2020
  • Marlene

Marlene Serrano · Married on 07/04/2019

Hector kept our lines of communication open from day one.

Hector was extremely helpful from day one to make sure that my ceremony was a success and we can tell that he is passionate about his job at the National Parks in Old San Juan Puerto Rico

Sent on 07/05/2019

Melissa · Married on 03/19/2016

We were so happy to find out we could get married at the Forts of Old San Juan. The first thing you have to decide is if you want to get married at dusk or before the sunsets. If you want a wedding at dusk you can get married inside the fort if you want a wedding earlier they have other sites outside the fort you can get married. We chose Plaza Norzagaray as our ceremony site location. This site sits directly on the outside of San Cristobal and offers an amazing view of the ocean. Our wedding coordinator took care of seating and setup (which I highly recommend you hire a wedding coordinator if choosing this location, we had Chezelle Dezines whom we highly recommend). My bridesmaids, parents and myself walked through the fort in order to get to the top of the ramp we walked down. This also allowed for a nervous bride to stop into the bathroom! I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor, ocean, old san juan feel!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Emily

Emily Henry · Married on 11/02/2019

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

Hard to get answers, thankfully I had a wedding planner

I loved our venue. It was exactly what I wanted. However as someone planning a wedding from 4000 miles away I’m glad I hired a wedding planner. She continued to keep me in the loop with every email that was sent. Make sure you have copies of all your emails and receipts of payment.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Jason · Married on 02/18/2017

1.6
      3.5
      3.0
      0.5

My wife and I were married in the Castillo de San Cristobal in February. The Fort was nice and inexpensive. Everything went fine until we arrived back in the states and our Wedding Planner informed us that we would not be getting our $450 performance bond back...basically a deposit. One of the Park Rangers, Julia Treu-Fowler, claimed that she saw a guest at our wedding urinate outside of the restroom. This in fact did not happen. I asked to see proof and she sent pictures of a spilled water bottle(yes the bottle was in the picture) and a wet spot behind it. Having the Park Service contact you back after emails and phone calls is like being struck by lighting...not gonna happen So, if you choose this location please be aware that you will probably not get your deposit back.

Sent on 06/15/2017