National Constitution Center Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Caitlin
    Caitlin O. Married on 07/11/2020

Could not believe how incredible the venue looked!

We loved absolutely everything about our wedding at the Constitution Center. From booking the event in winter of 2019 through our wedding day in June 2021, Marcy and Ali were incredible to work with. They helped us every step of the way from postponing to rescheduling. On the day itself, the organization of Marcy and her team was impressive and impeccable. The space looked amazing and our guests kept saying how impressed they were with the venue.
    Maria S. Married on 10/19/2019

Cooperative, went above and beyond, accommodating, friendly, helpful

I could not be more pleased with how professional, accommodating, and friendly Ali (Constitution Center) and Carol (Brûlée) were through the process of planning my wedding. They certainly made the planning process easy and Ali, Rose, and Carol were definitely my ‘go-to’ girls throughout the process and especially the night of the wedding.
    Additionally, we had to make several trips to the venue during the process (making payments, tasting, looking at the space) and they were very quick to respond and to work with us to find times that worked.
    We received so many compliments from our guests on the space, excellent service, lighting, and food and I couldn’t have been happier with choosing the Constitution Center for our wedding!
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 10/05/2019

10 out of 10! Highly Recommend!

Extremely professional team made the planning easy and enjoyable. On the day-of, the service was impeccable. All of our guests took note and could not stop talking about how perfect the food and service was. No negatives to report on the Constitution Center - highly recommend to anyone who wants a unique venue in a fantastic location in Philadelphia!
    Victoria W. Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful Unique Venue With Amazing Staff!

My husband and I were really sold on National Constitution Center for our wedding venue from the moment we requested information and it only got better from there. We were looking for an elegant yet unique wedding venue that really brought our love for Philly to our guests and had dedicated, organized staff who would help us plan out our day. National Constitution Center was all that and more! Ali and all of the staff were amazing to work with! They kept everything organized and helped us think through questions that I hadn't even anticipated. Ali had an excellent plan for the day, which my husband and I loved, but was able to be completely flexible when a few things changed in the last 48 hours before the wedding. She answered emails right away and was always willing to jump on the phone to talk about anything. My mom and I especially appreciated the group planning meeting a month before the wedding day to get organized and iron out the last details. On the actual day of the wedding, our guests enjoyed views of Old City, an amazing dinner and the unique aspects of the museum as a wedding venue, like being able to walk around signer's hall! Guests are still telling us what a cool venue it was and how they felt taken care of by the staff. If you love Philly, history, amazing food, beautiful yet unique venues and/or staff who will do whatever it takes to make your wedding day great this is the perfect fit! I would highly recommend the National Constitution Center to anyone for their wedding!
    Arupa G. Married on 08/06/2019

A totally memorable experience

The NCC team led by Marcy Katz, Chez Bowleg and Paul Kenneally worked with Brittny Lettsome and Victoria Lehew from the Liberty View at the Independence Center and made a dream wedding come true. The professionalism of the team and the venue just made it the most memorable night for all of us.
    Taylor Married on 09/15/2018
    I have nothing but good words for the Constitution center! A month before the wedding my now husband and I were told that my previous venue could not hold the reception and we were freaking out. By some miracle we found out the Constitution Center had our date available, I met with Brandi who gave me a tour of the venue and I instantly fell in love. Brandi, Carol and Marcy all helped my husband and I plan everything for our big day in just a couple of weeks which still has me shocked. Fast forward to the big day, I walked into the decorated venue for the first time as my husband and I were being introduced and I was completely blown away at how beautiful the Constitution center looked, from the table settings, to the up lighting to how professional the event workers looked, I can go on and on. The room was breath taking. The service was the best I have ever experienced. My husband and I had our own personal event worker who made sure we were taken care of the entire night! I never even had to go to the bar for a drink, she was right there any time we needed something. She even brought us a tray of the appetizers since we missed the cocktail hour. She was the sweetest and made our night memorable.
    Now onto the food! OMG the food was to die for! The Chef is amazing! I had people calling me the day after to tell me how good the food was. And everyone loved that we had late night snack stations. And the service was excellent! Everyone was served dinner all at once which I have never seen done before! It was amazing.
    I can not thank everyone at the constitution center enough for making our wedding day the most special and best day of our lives, we will never forget it!
    If you want a one of a kind wedding then you have to have it at the National Constitution Center in Philly!
    Teri Married on 09/15/2018
    The service was impeccable.. it was very bright, modern, historical venue overlooking the city. Magical. The people were fantastic, the service was exactly as promised. The food was unbelievable!! I can’t say enough good things about it! The wedding reception was fantastic because of them!!!
    Alyssa Married on 08/03/2018
    All we have to say about this entire experience is "Wow!". We came across NCC and Brulee and knew this was somewhere we needed to check out ASAP. We were planning the wedding from across the country so email and conference call availability was super important to us. This team did not disappoint! We started off with a conference call with Brandi from NCC who answered every question and was very accommodating in scheduling our first visit. From the minute we walked in for our 1st visit, we knew this was the place for us. For the past year, we've been lucky enough to have been assigned the "Dream Team" including Marcy Katz from NCC and Carol Short from Brulee. Besides their normal responsibilities of event and catering planning, they took on many other hats - managing our various vendors, suggesting different themes to incorporate into the day, being flexible on timing and menus, etc. They made this the most easy going planning experience and we can't thank them enough. On the day of, they were flexible in adding an additional guest and changing the cocktail hour from outside to inside due to weather. Throughout the entire experience, they never pressured us on any decision which allowed us to have a lot of flexibility and ownership in our decisions. We did our pictures at the NCC with our bridal party and had time to walk through the space before all of our guests arrived. Our jaws dropped at how perfect the entire space transformed. The NCC team setup every detail (about 8 boxes worth of stuff) perfectly and ensured all timelines went off without a hitch. The Brulee team kept our drinks full and the guests well fed all night long. We heard so many compliments from our guests on how great the food and service were. We honestly couldn't believe how many staff were on hand but it was perfect - minimal lines at the bar, every guest served on time, etc. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing and would pick NCC and Brulee every time!
    Mrb0707 Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing venue, staff, food, and celebration

We chose the National Constitution Center for our engagement party and had a fantastic experience. I am from Philly, but was living in CA, and chose the venue site unseen (and partnered with the team to plan from across the country), and I absolutely think it was the right choice.

The venue is incredibly elegant, open and spacious, and really captures the marvelous history of Philadelphia and the nation's founding. The views of Independence Mall are beautiful and make for a wonderful backdrop for any event and photos.

From the beginning, I was struck by how the team (Ginger, Chez and Marcy) really wanted to make the event work for me and us, and were open to various special requests and customizations down to the final days (layout, food, wine, flowers, etc!). I worked with a number of different vendors for our wedding celebrations and the Constitution Center and Brulee team truly stood out for their kindness, flexibility, enthusiasm, and responsiveness.

Moreover, the night of, all of the staff (including John, who led the team) were amazingly attentive, solicitous, gracious and kind. They really made us feel as if they were sharing in the celebration and wanted it to be a wonderful and joyous occasion for us. It was very special and we are extraordinarily grateful.

We had decided to do a small, family-only wedding weekend, but after the engagement party experience I could have completely imagined having our wedding at the Constitution Center as well! Kudos to the entire team for delivering a warm and wonderful celebration!
    Hannah Married on 03/10/2018
    We highly recommend the National Constitution Center for your wedding! Our guests loved the food, setting and service. There is a huge floor for dancing. The staff were so kind and treated us like royalty. We can not recommend enough!
    Barbara Married on 12/08/2017
    Words cannot express how happy we were having our daughter's wedding held at the National Constitution Center! From our first point of contact, through meetings and emails with all the support staff, to the night of the big event, everyone was very professional, courteous, and actually excited for our families, as we wound our way through all the decisions, and coordinating of details. Everyone did their very best to make this the best night for the bride and groom and our guests continue to tell us what a fabulous wedding it was. Kudos to the friendly and always approachable staff at the NCC and Brulee Catering. If we had another daughter, we'd turn around and do it all over again in a heartbeat. The only problem is my daughter and I felt that the staff were becoming part of the family, and now we miss them! If we knew the next bride that was considering the NCC, we'd give a shout out, "Go for it, you will not be disappointed!
    Colleen Married on 12/08/2017
    The NCC was the perfect venue for our wedding. My husband and I both love American history so the NCC itself and its proximity to Independence National Historic Park were perfect for us. The event space is beautiful and elegant, but what really made our experience a positive one was working with the staff. From start to finish, everyone was pleasant, professional, and had a can-do attitude. Our event coordinator Marcy answered all of our questions and she went above and beyond to make the day a success and to put me at ease. Everything went off without a hitch and we feel so grateful for the team at the NCC. It was a job well done! Planning a wedding is a pretty daunting task and it was wonderful having our caterer and our venue working as a team.
    Rochelle Married on 09/30/2017
    NCC and Brûlée Catering made my wedding a dream come true. The entire team made our wedding flawless. We fell in love with the venue and we are happy we selected the NCC to host our wedding. Marcy and Carol were so knowledgeable and made sure we were informed and updated on what the day would be like. Our tasting was first class with amazing food options for our wedding reception. They explained the many decisions that needed to be completed in a very efficient and clear way. We received helpful and supportive emails leading up to our wedding. Our wedding was magical. The NCC staff made sure everyone knew where to be and when. The Brûlée team was professional and the service was amazing. Our guests were impressed with how everyone at the table was served at the same time. We received rave reviews from our guests about the venue and the food. Everyone was impressed with the beautiful windows and view of Independence Mall. The table settings were classy and elegant. The entire night, I did not stress because I knew the NCC and Brûlée team had everything under control. If you are looking for a beautiful, unique and amazing venue I recommend the NCC. The team at Brûlée will provide you with delicious and tasty food and great service. We are so happy we picked the NCC and we were pleased with everything done by NCC and the Brûlée Caterers.
    Bruce Married on 09/16/2017
    Everything was amazing. Would not change a thing.
    Ayana Married on 05/06/2017
    My wedding was amazing and the NCC was beautiful. The windows, the food, Marcy, and Chez. Even the waitstaff came out in a straight line. Loved our wedding so much.
    Teresa Married on 06/18/2016
    Absolutely recommend!! My husband and I had our wedding reception there 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic. The girls (Carol Short and Marcy Katz) were both so responsive from Day 1 (especially compared to at least one other venue we considered), and so easy and such a pleasure to work with. Never a "no" - always "we can do that" or "we can figure out how." During the event itself, it was the same. E.g., when my husband forgot to let them know about 2 last minute guest seating arrangement changes, We didn't even get asked a q - they just handled it. Can't tell you how appreciative we are of their work. Thank you!!

All the same can be said for the entire staff during the event. From volunteering to hold our glasses while we danced, to going out of their way to make sure we were fed and never empty-handed drink-wise. They treated our parents the same way. Truly and utterly top notch service.

Oh and did I mention how beautiful the setting was?!? Absolutely beautiful. Which we knew of course going in, but the lighting, tables, and view of Independence Mall were as awesome as we hoped, so was Signers Hall, and we got so much positive feedback about it. Once again, top notch.

And how about the menu? 100% delicious. The beef short rib dinner was like fine dining. So tender and flavorful. The plancha station addition was every bit as tasty as I hoped. The passed hors d'oeuvres were too - they even created a scrapple-with-chicken salad dish and a fries oyster dish off-menu for us, just to fit our "Old Philadelphia" theme. And they got us special Polish beer (half of my ethnicity) and local Yards beer as requested. Like I said - their answer was always "we can make it happen."

All in all, a stellar event that went basically without a hitch. A home run. So many of our guests have already told us that it was the best wedding they've ever been at. And we'll never forget it!
  • User2181958 2+ years ago
    We looked at several venues for my daughter's wedding. The National Constitution Center was by far and way the best when we met with them initially. They gave us a detailed packet at our first meeting, provided ceremony and reception layouts, recommended vendors, photos, etc. By way of contrast, we came away from the Water Works, which was initially our top choice, confused and pretty much disgusted. Frankly, it seemed as if Water Works didn't want our business. Marcy Katz from the NCC and Carol Short from Brulee Catering worked together seamlessly. I don't think I ever waited more than an hour for a response to an email. You can't beat the setting. The guests were fascinated with Signers' Hall, which is right next to the reception area. You look out the window at Independence Mall. They are not inexpensive, but they cost less than either Water Works or the Horticultural Center have. They also have an advantage in that they are close to several hotels so you don't have to deal with transportation issues. Everything came off the day of the wedding without a glitch. I give them my highest recommendation.

Mary Married on 06/06/2015
    We had our son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception here. WOW! It was amazing!! First, the director, Jennifer, was so great to work with!! She walked us through the process every step of the way. From the initial meeting to the set up, the parking and the reception itself, everything was done in an excellent manner! The venue itself is beautiful on the second level with all the state's flags and the huge American flag to being able to look out the big windows at Independence Hall! Our guests could even take pictures with the life sized bronze statutes of the men who signed our nation's constitution! I highly recommend this venue!
  • User1896077 2+ years ago
    The NCC and Burlee Catering did a fabulous job for our wedding. All the guests raved about the food and the venue. I did not want a typical ballroom for my wedding and NCC was the perfect venue. The night was perfect and every detail was looked after. Everyone at NCC and Brulee were so helpful and they helped plan the perfect wedding. I highly recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed.
  • User2004305 2+ years ago
    Exceptional venue with exceptional staff! They took care of every detail so that we were able to enjoy our time with guests. The commanding view of Independence Hall and the beautiful space make for a memorable experience. Indeed, it turns out we were the first same sex couple to hold our celebration at the NCC upon legalization of marriage in Pennsylvania -- what a great thing to be able to celebrate looking out over Independence Hall. We could not recommend it more highly!
    Dicelle Married on 03/22/2014
    I just got married recently and in our search for a venue, my husband and I had a specific vision. We did not want a traditional ballroom or hotel. We met in center city and wanted a modern place with a view. We are also picky with food and wanted something more than the usual filet. We ultimately decided on the National Constitution Center and have no doubt that we made the right choice. Our wedding was beautiful, classy and unique. Kelly and Jen were a pleasure to work with. We were well taken care of from our first visit, the tasting and to the day itself. Their staff is on the ball with everything and the place is extremely well run (one of the top reasons we chose them over other sites). The place is beautiful. We were worried it would look empty with our ~115 guests but they did a really great job with it and it looked great. They also have an excellent selection of linen, etc. All in all, highly recommended!
  • User884518 2+ years ago
    The National Constitution Center was a wonderful venue to serve as both our ceremony site and reception venue. We had our ceremony on the large terrace outside on the second floor with great views of the city! Our reception was held in the Grand Hall Overlook and was able to accommodate a lot more people than 184 guests! We had breathtaking views of Independence Hall and the Visitors Center. We were even able to use the Signers Hall for pictures and fun for guests too look at. The Bridal Party had their own suite to store personal items, had snacks and beverages and a private bathroom. I had a bridal attendant all night who was wonderful! I couldn't say enough about how great this place was! It was such a unique venue to use and I hope others will use it too!
  • User2253901 2+ years ago
    We had our wedding here in 2011. It was everything I could have hoped for. The staff was extremely organized and a pleasure to work with. Loved our experience!