Naper Settlement Reviews

69 | Naperville, IL

69 Reviews for Naper Settlement

69 Naper Settlement Reviews

Allison · Married on 07/20/2018

I have been wanting to get married here since I was a kid! (It was always my favorite school trip haha). The chapel is beautiful and needs next to no decorations (all we had was pew bows and it was amazing). I do recommend sound, we added it last minute and were happy we did since we nearly filled the church to capacity! Our contact for day of was Judy and she was amazing! she offered suggests and the wedding went perfectly!

• B&B2017

Becky · Married on 06/10/2017

We had our ceremony at the chapel, and it was the perfect place for us. They were able to meet with us quickly to show us the chapel, and the payment process was easy. There wasn't really a need to talk with them too much, but when I had more detailed questions closer to the date, the staff responded very quickly. Our day-of coordinator was very friendly and was even willing to stay a little longer during our rehearsal so that we could work all of our details in.

The historic nature and beautiful details of the chapel makes extra decoration really unnecessary, but we did spring for some lovely pew bows and an aisle runner through our florist. You cannot drop flower petals (real or fake), so be sure to have an alternative for your flower girl.

There is tons of parking, and the grounds are gorgeous. One of the best parts of the chapel is the location. We were in perfect walking distance to different photo locations along the Naperville riverwalk.

Catherine · Married on 10/29/2016

We weren't sure we were going to find the right place for our ceremony. We wanted a non-denominational place of worship that could seat at least 150 people. It could have not have worked out more perfectly that one of the few options in northern Illinois was in our home town! The Century Memorial Chapel is adorable, seats about 200 people, has plenty of free parking across the street and is on the gorgeous Napper Settlement grounds. Some people in my wedding party felt our coordinator was a little bossy but she definitely knew what she was doing and I was more than comfortable letting her take charge. Things could not have gone more smoothly and I think our guests were very impressed. If you are looking to have an non-denominational or inter-faith ceremony in a traditional church-like setting, this place is perfect.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We were happy to share in your special day!

Lindsay · Married on 09/24/2016

The Chapel was the perfect venue to host our wedding ceremony! The staff was so easy to work with and all of our guests loved the uniqueness of the venue. Minimal decorations were needed due to the beauty of the chapel! The photos that we took on Naper Settlement grounds were unique and timeless! Excellent venue for the price!

Renee · Married on 08/06/2016

Great spot for ceremony/wedding...We received many compliments from family and friends o how beautiful the Chapel is, wonderful place for ceremony.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Naper Settlement's reply:

Congratulations on your recent wedding, Renee! We are so glad your guests enjoyed the Chapel. Thank-you for the review!

Molly · Married on 05/07/2016

Just perfect!! I loved having out ceremony here!! It has that quaint chapel feel and photographed beautifully!! It gave us an intimate setting while still accommodating 150 people comfortably. I also LOVED our two day-of ladies, they were truly outstanding and I was thankful for them the whole time, made the entire thing a breeze. If you want a chapel wedding but prefer to avoid the politics of traditional churches and want flexibility with your officiant this is your place!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are so glad you chose the Century Memorial Chapel for your special day! Congratulations and thank-you for the review!

Meg · Married on 09/20/2014

The chapel was absolutely gorgeous! The staff was very helpful and professional. Everything we dropped off at the rehearsal was ready and set up when we arrived for the ceremony.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your review!! We're so happy you chose Naper Settlement to host your special day!

Everything was great and everyone was wonderful!

Sent on 05/02/2014

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We wish you all the best!

Ashley · Married on 03/22/2014

Century Memorial Chapel was a beautiful place to get married. The staff was very helpful in organizing all the wedding day details.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review us. We wish you all the best!

Sarah · Married on 02/01/2014

Century Memorial Chapel at Naper Settlement is by far one of the most stunning historic churches in the area. Its also wonderful because you can have a non-denominational ceremony in an actual church! Becca and her staff were wonderful to work with. My questions were answered promptly, and the day of staff were very accommodating and patient. No matter what season you get married, this church is the perfect setting, as well as the surrounding grounds. I highly recommend this church to anyone searching for a ceremony site. You'll fall in love instantly.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your very sweet words! We are happy that everything went so well for you! We wish you all the best!

Cynthia · Married on 12/21/2013

It was an ideal location for us to plan our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Just steps away from River walk and many restaurants as well. Most importantly the chapel was nicely decorated and had perfect lighting for perfect wedding pictures. Beautiful location, friendly and responsive staff and memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your kind words. We wish you all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/26/2013

The staff at the Naper Settlement went above and beyond anything I could have hoped for, from answering all of my many questions and helping to run what many people called the smoothest wedding rehearsal they'd ever attended to calming down an anxious bride and assisting in finding a lost cell phone after the ceremony. And of course, needless to say, the Chapel itself was truly stunning the day of the ceremony.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We wish you all the best!

Nicole · Married on 09/28/2013

The chapel was the perfect place to have our wedding. It is so beautiful and intimate. We received so many compliments from guests on the beauty of the chapel. Becca from the Naper Settlement was great to work with. She was quick to respond to any question and always very friendly and professional. We loved having our wedding at the Naper Settlement!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are happy that you felt the chapel was the perfect place for your wedding! Thank you for your kind words. We wish you all the best.

Lindsay · Married on 09/21/2013

The chapel is beautiful and seated our 165 guests with room to spare. Having access to walk around Naper Settlement to take our wedding pictures was a huge plus as we were able to have very unique settings. Everyone we worked with from Naper Settlement for this event was very helpful and professional. We priced out other ceremony locations in the west suburbs and I felt that the price for rental was very reasonable.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you were able to get so many unique photos on your wedding day.
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/20/2013

I loved everything about the chapel. Beth was wonderful the day of the wedding.
    I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are glad that you had such a great experience with the chapel! We wish you all the best.
  • Y

Yuliya · Married on 09/07/2013

Great place to have a wedding ceremony.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are happy that your ceremony was everything you dreamed it would be. We wish you the best.

Kate · Married on 09/07/2013

Naper Settlement was wonderful to work with. The reservation process was incredibly simple and the professionalism of the rental attendant was second to none. They were friendly, accommodating and wonderful to be around.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are happy that everything went so well for you! We wish you the best.

Naper Settlement staff were so nice and accommodating for us. Right down to the payments made to secure the chapel. On the day of our wedding and our rehearsal the night before the staff were very attentive to not just us the bridal couple but all of our guests and wedding party. I would recommend Naper Settlement to anyone wanting an affordable and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We wish you all the best.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/10/2013

This quaint, historic, picturesque, little chapel created the intimate wedding ceremony we longed for. On top of that, everyone we worked with was extraordinarily kind and helpful from beginning to end. A tip if you decide to have your ceremony here... it may not seem like you need a sound system, but I do recommend renting one (from a third party).

Sent on 09/11/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, we are proud of our staff. The chapel doesn't have a sound system, however, most of the time it seems to be ok as long as everybody speaks loud enough. I hope it wasn't an inconvenience for you or your guests.

Anita · Married on 06/01/2013

I just love this church. All the employees were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone I know. I couldn't be more happier.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words! We wish you all the best.

I had my ceremony at century memorial chapel and it was beautiful! Naper settlement let us visit as much as we'd like to get a feel for the layout and ceremony. They helped guide the entire ceremony even told the bms and gms when to walk. They were incredibly helpful even offered use of their unity candle and aisle runner if needed. The chapel also looks amazing in photos!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

We are happy that everything went so well for you. Thank you for your sweet words.

Ashley · Married on 12/29/2012

Andie is always a pleasure to work with at Naper Settlement. She was so flexible and accommodated multiple special requests we had. The grounds, as always, were beautiful - especially with the light dusting of snow we had the morning of the wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful words. We are proud of our staff. We wish you all the best!

I could not have been happier with my ceremony location! Century Memorial Chapel is charming, historic, and gorgeous. It's also elegant and cozy at the same time. The chapel felt full with my 125 guests, which I really loved--I would not have wanted to walk into a gigantic church and feel like it was empty. The chapel has the elegance of a larger cathedral space--the woodwork and ceilings are stunning, as are the stained glass--but also lets you feel close to your guests. The service at Naper Settlement was excellent, too. Heather was extremely caring and answered any questions I had, which were many, since I was planning long-distance. It seemed like she really cared about my day being special. She was great leading up to the wedding, and then, for the rehearsal and actual wedding, my coordinator Andie was AWESOME. I was nervous about corralling everyone in my wedding party and wasn't really sure when certain people should enter, where my readers should stand, etc. Andie took care of all of that--I didn't have to think about it! She has this great get-things-done personality that ensured the wedding ran so smoothly. I really felt I did not have to worry about anything because of her. Thank you Andie, Heather, and the rest of Naper Settlement for a wedding ceremony my guests could not stop raving about!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Naper Settlement's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud of our staff. We wish you all the best.

Jacquelin · Married on 11/12/2011

The Century Memorial Chapel was the perfect venue for our wedding. We wanted a beautiful setting for our wedding which our home church did not offer. The chapel was perfect for that. The staff was exceedingly helpful and the chapel was beautiful. I would strongly recommend this for others.