Nantasket Beach Resort Reviews

24 | Hull, MA

24 Reviews for Nantasket Beach Resort

Mai · Married on 05/20/2017

Hands down the best wedding weekend! Mary, the social events manager, was absolutely great to work with during the planning process. She was quick to respond via email or phone and helped wth suggestions when we were unsure of certain things. Lorraine, the day of coordinator, was literally my brain for the day...which was exactly what I needed! She decorated our ceremony and reception rooms better than I had envisioned it with all the items we dropped off. The hospitality from all the staff that worked there was top notch! Thank you for a perfect wedding weekend!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Caitlin · Married on 05/11/2017

Beautiful venue. Mary is great.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Nichole · Married on 10/24/2015

What can I say other than I was extremely impressed but the staff at the Nantasket beach resort!! I worked with Mary with all the planning she was great!! I couldn't have been happier. Our guests enjoyed the food, champagne toast and cake. Great package. The ceremony was located down stairs and the reception was located upstairs that was amazing!! The set up of both were just beautiful. They were completely flexible with anything we needed. Last minute I had a family member who needed a certain food menu item. They just took care of it. No questioned asked!! It was great I love to do it all again. Jk but could recommend the hotel for anyone. Plus a lot of family and friends stayed price was right.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Laurel · Married on 10/18/2014

Loved the venue! Very helpful everytime I had to call or get assistance with room bookings. Also I made all of the decor and they were very thorough getting everything just as I envisioned in the room! Bar downstairs was great too! Mary and Mai were fantastic!!

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2014

Having our wedding at the Nantasket Beach Resort was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were such a pleasure to work with - from the beautiful location to how easy it was to coordinate with Mary - even the reception accessories drop-off made us feel stress-free that we were in good hands. They were also completely amazing day-of, always making sure the evening went seamless: and little things like bringing me some champagne during a photo break, or picking out / making sure my mother had something to eat during the cocktail hour really made a huge difference to us. Our guests have also raved on how great the food was - the fish and the steak were both delicious!! I can't thank them enough on everything they did to make our day special. They have my highest recommendation, thanks again to the staff!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Chris · Married on 05/25/2014

The venue was absolutely beautiful and we were thrilled by the service. Specifically, we thought Daniel, the wedding coordinator, did an outstanding job of organizing the day and making sure everything went smoothly. He is a true professional who is committed to offering exceptional service. We also loved Cathy behind the front desk as she goes above and beyond to take care of the resort guests. People like this are what made the Nantasket Beach Resort the perfect place for our special day!

Sarika and Chris Carreiro

Sent on 05/30/2014

Emily · Married on 05/17/2014

Best night of my life! Excellent place to stay, even better place to get married! Clean venue, polite staff who are willing to go above and beyond, and breathtaking views! I was always a priority and made to feel extremely special.

Sent on 05/30/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 05/17/2014

From the moment my now wife walked in the door she was hooked. She loved it so much we forewent the church ceremony and got married onsite as well! It was a beautiful wedding and the view from upstairs overlooking the beach was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly to help our special day go off without a hitch. Mary is a true professional and asset to this aspect of the resort. She answered all of our questions and was with us to right up to the very day. I would recommend anyone contemplating to hurry up and lay down a deposit before someone else steps in to grab it!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Caitlin · Married on 08/24/2013

I can't say enough about how amazing it was to have my wedding at the Nantasket Beach Resort. The wedding coordinator, Mary, was the reason I booked Nantasket when I went for a meeting to check it out. She was very professional, nice and helpful every step of the way and I knew I'd be in good hands because she was incredibly organized. During the event weekend, every staff member of the hotel was AMAZING and really made us feel attended to and comfortable. The whole day went by without a hitch, and we had the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there.

The ballrooms were recently remodeled and I know pricing is going up from when I had my wedding, and it's probably worth it. The remodeling was gorgeous and the views of the beach were incredible -- all of our guests were in awe. Can't say enough about how much of a great decision it was to have my wedding with Mary at Nantasket.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2013

The Nantasket Beach Resort truly provided the wedding of my dreams. From the beginning, wedding coordinator Mary S. was informative, organized, helpful, and kind. Being from the South Shore it was a blessing to be able to get married at the beach I grew up going to. The natural beauty of Nantasket Beach provides a superb backdrop. The venue itself is breathtaking, especially after recent renovations to the Surf Ballroom. We had our ceremony on the first floor in the Nantasket Room, and our reception on the 2nd floor in the Surf Ballroom. The views from each room are phenomenal, and that's particularly true in the Surf Ballroom. The food was so good (guests still talk about how good the filet was in particular) and included in our package was a beautiful cake from Konditor Meister. On the day of the wedding we were assigned a coordinator (Daniel) who was amazing. He kept everything running smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The entire staff was friendly and professional. Guests loved everything being in one place; the ceremony, reception, and hotel rooms all right there. I would recommend the NBR to any bride, especially if you're from the area. Although it is listed here as being in the $$$ price range, I found it to be quite reasonable as you are charged only a very small room fee and then the main cost is based on guest count / meals ordered.

Sent on 09/28/2013
  • F

Faye · Married on 10/12/2014

We got married at the Nantasket Beach Resort in October 2014, it was perfect! Mary and Mai were so pleasant to work with and we really feel like we got the nautical/beach wedding at an affordable price. Here is a link to some of our wedding pictures: http://www.carolinewinnphotography.com/nautical-nantasket-beach-resort-hull-ma-wedding-photographer/

Sent on 08/20/2015

Bryanna · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our wedding here in May and I cannot say enough about Mary!! She was at my every call, request, need for EVERYTHING! Planning a wedding from long distance was hard, but she made it so much less stressful! I cannot say enough about the big day, it was perfect!! We had 120 guests, plated dinner, and a live band in the surf ballroom. We offered Land/Sea plate or chicken, both were very good. The service was great, our wedding party was catered to all evening, and we offered an open bar all night and I never had to ask for a drink, the bartenders kept up with my husbands and my drink all night. Highly recommend, just a beautiful place, nice people, and your guests can enjoy a nice breakfast on the ocean the next morning!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2018

Nantasket Beach resort was great for my wedding. The whole team is fantastic, they are very helpful and the price is def a value. Would recommend this place for sure!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Julie · Married on 03/26/2016

We had our ceremony and reception on the dance floor of the Surf Ballroom- the second floor ballroom, with a gorgeous view of the beach from almost all sides! Everyone involved with helping us was wonderful- they listened to how we wanted the ceremony to be (on the dance floor and very brief) and did their best to meet our budget, including helping us figure out how to have our wedding rehearsal at the Paragon Grill, the restaurant in the hotel. Minor hiccups included our Day-of Captain seeming to get a little frazzled when we wanted to sneak away for a few more sunset shots by the beach, and that they continuously spelled our last name wrong. I suppose if my husband and I were a different personality type, we would've been upset to see our last name spelled wrong repeatedly, but we thought it was funny- it was spelled wrong on one of our order forms, we corrected it with them, they spelled it wrong again on the hotel's room block website, we asked them to correct it, and then they spelled it wrong on the welcome sign the day of the wedding... but we thought it was funny and took home the sign to put it in the scrap book! I'm also sure if we had addressed it with them the day-of, it would've been corrected because they were ALWAYS so quick to respond to our requests and needs, we just didn't bother addressing it. They were so helpful and accommodating, like adding more rooms to the block, helping us figure out how to put in an ice cream sundae bar, and we had quite a few friends/family with specific dietary needs that they were very thorough in making sure they had the correct info for each person. I would absolutely recommend this venue as a wonderful place to get married!

Sent on 04/03/2016

Nantasket Beach Resort was a diamond in the rough! We almost didn't visit because of the limited pictures on their website but once we visited we fell in love. They hosted out reception and ceremony. We worked with Mary who was excellent. She is very responsive to emails and organized. She followed up with me and all of my vendors appropriately and was patient with my many questions. The resort was very flexible with all of my requests from welcome bags, to signature drinks, to decor requests. At the rehearsal we had a less than spectacular "banquet captain" that made us feel rushed and un-rehearsed. As soon as we addressed this with Mary she took off, stayed for the ceremony to make sure everything went smoothly, gave us a new "banquet captain" and had the general manager stay for our event. I was blown away by their response and dedication to making sure we were happy on our big day. In addition, the food was excellent (filet and statler chicken) and the servers were friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/31/2012

I had my wedding at the NBR back in August of 2012. I know they have done a lot more renovations now but it was still beautiful then! We had our reception in the Surf Ballroom and it was just beautiful. Mary S is amazing, she is so detailed and organized she won't miss a thing! The food was amazing everybody talks about how much there was to eat and that everything was delicious! We have amazing photos on the beach that are just breath taking! The one and only negative thing I could say on the night of my reception they were having some issues with the A/C which was a little disappointing being August but really that is a fluke thing!!!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Renee · Married on 08/01/2009

We had our wedding at the Nantasket Beach Raffael's. They were fabulous! They worked with us to create the menu we wanted (the food was exceptional!) the look and feel we were going for and the staff was incredible. We chose this place because it had a hotel connected to it which is a separate business. The hotel was a nightmare just because of bookings and telling people the wrong thing but the reception hall and food were amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2009

Kathleen · Married on 07/17/2010

My wedding at the Clarion was absolutely fantastic! My wife and I were extremely happy with the services that both wedding planners provided for us. Our wedding was moved upstairs without additional cost which was a pleasant surprise. The tasting event that we attended last February featured great food, flowers, and cake vendors. That being said, the food was delicious and exactly as we expected it to be on our day. The complimentary room was 5 stars as well- HUGE and a big plus since my wife and I needed to get our 2 boys ready as well as ourselves for our beach ceremony. The location obviously was just gorgeous. Our guests all loved the venue and commented how nice their accomodations were. Our only small "too bad" was that we didnt make it to the roof before dark for photos because no one was available to take us up there.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Mike · Married on 09/22/2018

We had an AMAZING wedding at the Nantasket Beach Resort. Mary, the wedding coordinator was very sweet and most importantly was very responsive with any emails/phone calls. Mary did marvelous reaching out and meeting a few specific requests we had concerning the reception too!
    The executive suite that we were provided for the couple nights was really amazing, it was huge! We had 20/25 people in the main area of the suite (in the living room/kitchen area). The only thing it was missing was a balcony ( it did have a sliding door but no where to step out onto). Plenty of windows with views of the water. We also had the ladies in our wedding get their hair and makeup done right in the suite and it was plenty large enough to do that while hosting other people as well during so.
    We had the rehearsal dinner on site in a separate area next to the bar and it was great, the food from the restaurant was very good! The server, Anna, we had taking care of us during the rehearsal dinner was very sweet and quick as well, provided great service.
    We had the ceremony in the smaller side room, the Minot Room, which was the perfect size for 80 guests. It was nice but it was very hot in the front of the room of the ceremony, that was the only bummer thing. Although we obviously didn't pause the ceremony to complain about it therefore it was what it was.
    The reception was amazing, the Nantasket Ballroom (first floor) was great, stunning view of the beach/ocean, a fenced in patio, and perfect for a smaller wedding. The food was fantastic, especially the filet, salad, and Mediterranean Station we had chosen. The bartender was super fast I was told and the Banquet Captain, Madeline, was amazing. She was present the entire time, set the room perfectly, ran a tight ship, and packed up all our stuff after for us to bring up! Overall, i highly recommend this resort for a wedding, especially for the location if you love the ocean like we do! :)

Sent on 09/25/2018

2.5

This is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Mary is the sweetest, and most helpful event planner. She is extremely helpful and there for anything you need. The food is amazing!!! i had my ceremony here as well, and I think if I could go back and do it again I would have chose a different ceremony spot with more time after the ceremony to greet quests. I wish I had a longer walk down the aisle and did it outside. The only complaint I have is the banquet captain for the day. She was extremely rude and rushing. She was rude to some guests, my mother and my aunt which is unacceptable. I did make mention of this after the fact, however I wasn't going to let it ruin my day. She rushed us through everything, very demanding, and just very intrusive. If she wasn't there, everything would have been perfect. I do recommend having a wedding here, I would just talk to Mary first about the banquet captain.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Marianne · Married on 08/13/2016

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

I would of gave them a five star because of Steve Campbel he was wonderful and efficient and had great idea's but I almost did not have my daughters wedding at the Nantasket Beach Resort because a person name Mary S. she was rude and unpleasant. I am confused why she is still working there I am not the only one who has the same opinion about her.
    I was also disappointed with the caption we had tis night. I realize people do not care as much as the person who is paying for the event. I gave her a book with picture and written information on how I wanted things, something's not done and she went to a friend of mine and talked with her about stuff and not me my friend had not a clue about anything, she was helping me the day of the wedding that is all. I gave the caption a basket for my daughter and husband to have when they arrived at there room was not there we had to track it down. I was very upset about that. I also told her that if the card box and sign in book was one side and the table setting card were on the other side the guest will get the tale cards but may not notice or look for the card box or sign in in book. She assured me it should be no problem she will make sure they do both. But only a few signed in and a lot of guest did not even noticed the card box witch was a large one with ringtones initial letters on it. I told her people called me after the wedding and told me they did not see it and so they forgot to give them and ending up mailing the cards to me. The food was amazing and so much my guest did not go home hungry and the venue was pretty. I was happy we had it there over looking the water it was beautiful. I booked both ball rooms one for the reception and the other for the ceremony. Thank you Steven Campbell.

Sent on 09/01/2016

G · Married on 08/11/2007

3.5
      1.0
      3.0

Now that I can reflect on the wedding, I would absolutely recommed the Clarion Nantasket Beach Hotel. There were only a few flaws during the actual wedding day. The locations where I wanted pictures, I wasn't able to get to all of them. I felt very rushed by the wedding consultant at that point. However, overall they were great. I started off with one consultant and then was switched over to another one without any knowledge of the switch. Unfortunately the woman I originally started working with lied to us about certain things and we didn't actually get everything that we thought we were getting. However, the new woman worked with us and we were able to compromise and get things done. The wedding itself was beautiful. The room wasn't set up the way I wanted it to be, but we had a great time regardless. They really do a great job setting everything up. If you can afford it, then I would suggest it. Its a beautiful place. And the food is delicious!

Sent on 12/14/2007

KAREN · Married on 06/10/2017

0.4
      0.5

Life moments you CAN NOT get back!
    We booked rooms for our sons wedding in June of this year! The rooms were in our name, and our guests needed for me to "RELEASE" the rooms to them , which I did! something I never had to do, in any other location. (I booked other locations for his wedding that weekend, No problems any where else). So each time I would call the Nantasket Beach Resort and "RELEASE" my room to my guest. The spelling of my guest, how many in the rooms, what day they are arriving etc., this way "I" would not be paying for there rooms. Well, my GUEST and I both got billed!! Now this is the day our son is getting married and my husband, is at the Nantasket front desk asking why are you charging me and our guest! Our son was waiting for his father (At a different location), not knowing what was going on so they could take those Father /Son pictures together, Moments you CAN NOT GET BACK! needless to say we did not get those pictures that you dream about as your children are getting married, its one of those days you dont get back! Plus it took over 2 weeks for that money to get back into our account (10 seconds for them to take it out of my accouunt). Very disappointing, Very unprofessional ! You should not stay there!

Sent on 07/31/2017