Nancy's Bakery Reviews

Nancy's Bakery 4
  • Yanira

Yanira Motto · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Delicious and Amazing!

We would recommend Nancy's Bakery to everyone looking for a custom and delicious bakery for their big day or any occasion! We were lucky enough to work with Nancy for our wedding cake and she was so so easy to work with and most importantly her cakes are so delicious that we couldn't pick just one flavor so we picked FOUR!! The final product was beautiful and everything we could have asked for, we have had so many compliments on the cake and flavor selection from our guests. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Kc&do

Kerri · Married on 08/18/2019

Cake Tasting

OMG, delicious!! Our tasting went great and I feel Nancy really understood my vision. I can't wait to see the finished product. We decided on cupcakes (three flavors) with a topper and a mini to cut. I felt the pricing was reasonable and the cake was to die for. I like that I can rent the stand and get $$ back once its returned.

Sent on 02/03/2019
    Nancy's Bakery 5
  • Katey

Katey · Married on 08/03/2019

Tastiest cake ever

Working with Nancy for our wedding cake was a piece of cake (yes pun intended!!) We met with Nancy for our tasting and she was super helpful in making suggestions and also taking our suggestions as well. We ended up choosing two flavors for our 4 tier cake, and they were such a hit! Still hearing from our guests about how yummy it was! Nancy also knocked our cake design out of the park! We found a topper of two people skiing, and she made the design of our cake look like a ski slope with trees and mountains on the tiers. It was more amazing than I thought it would come out! I kept staring at it all night. We definitely plan on using Nancy for any other cakes or special sweet treats in the future.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Cintya

Cintya Alves · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious & beautiful cake

Nancy was great to work with and on our wedding day we had a beautiful and delicious cake. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Kelly Sieracki · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely delicious

Nancy is incredible. She is so talented, patient, and caring! She was wonderful to work with! She will be our go to for everything!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding 10/20/18

Nancy is awesome! Cake was perfect! Everyone raved about how good it was & it looked beautiful & price was good

Sent on 10/24/2018

Nancy's Bakery's reply:

Thank You for your positive review . I wish you and your new husband all the best and I hope you will keep me in mind for any future traditions or special events thanks again Nancy Remy

Keith · Married on 09/22/2018

If you're interested in wedding cakes, you've probably heard the big names in the Boston area. After doing a taste-testing, we were blown away by how amazing Nancy's cakes were in comparison.

We visited Nancy's bakery, and it was by FAR the most fun of all the wedding errands (and there were many...)

Nancy was accommodating, knowledgeable, affordable, and easy to work with. Most importantly at our wedding, the guests (even those that "don't like cake") were commenting on how great our cake was! Also, the detail of the cake was really nice, the result was almost as pretty as it was delicious!

We will be back for cupcakes each anniversary!

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • BrittyT

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Nancy's bakery was a dream to work with! The venue we used has a contract with Nancy, which made things very easy for us. My call was answered professionally and I was given an appointment that fit my schedule within a week or two. My fiance and I met with Nancy herself. She fed us delicious cakes and answered all of our questions, no matter how silly they may have been. We discussed what we wanted our cake to look like and signed the contract. Nancy assured us that if we wanted to make any changes, to just let her know by a certain date, and if not she would proceed as planned. I checked "cake" off of my to do list and literally did not have to do anything else. I did not need to call her to follow up, although I'm sure I could have if I felt the need. I literally showed up to my wedding and had a BEAUTIFUL cake!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Nancy's Bakery 6

Brenna · Married on 08/18/2018

We used Nancy's Bakery for our wedding cake. Nancy and her Team were an absolute joy to work with--they responded to all of our requests and questions promptly and professionally. They were so kind and congratulatory throughout all of our interactions. They even were able to be flexible and give us some extra cake when we realized two days before that we didn't have quite enough! The cake was delicious and beautiful, and we were very happy with the final product. Thanks, Nancy!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Nancy's Bakery 7

Shanaya · Married on 05/26/2018

Nancy was an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you for providing us with the most beautiful and elegant cake for our wedding!

Evans and Shanaya Jacques

Sent on 06/13/2018

Heather · Married on 10/22/2017

Nancy’s buttercream was by far the best out of all the places we tasted at! She creates magic in her bakery. Nancy went above and beyond twice. Once to help our vision come to life by making a brand new wood slab cupcake stand (when no one else would), and again by giving us extra cupcakes when it was the venue that had forgotten! We couldn’t have asked for a more accommodating, thoughtful and talented baker :-)

Sent on 11/24/2017
    Nancy's Bakery 8

ruth · Married on 10/08/2017

Nancy came very highly recommended as the prospective pastry chef for my wedding cake. Deciding on Nancy as my wedding cake chef proved to be the best and easiest decision I made throughout the whole wedding planning process.
    She tremendously receptive and accommodating to what we wanted out wedding cake to look like and as the resident expert, she provided invaluable guidance and insight regarding on our choice of wedding cake.
    Her cake was also the moist and flavorful of all the cakes we sampled during a tasting.
    She is now my go-to pastry chef for all other celebrations.

Ruth Rios

Sent on 10/17/2017

Liz · Married on 04/22/2017

Our cake was delishiss! She worked with me to get the exact design I wanted. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 11/26/2016

So when it came to planning our wedding cake for some reason I had a tough time. We chose Nancys from a bridal show because her samples were so delicious. When I went to Nancys to plan the decor of the cake she was a life saver. She captured what I pictured in my head perfectly and gave alot of good advice that I would have never thought of. Nancy and her staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. On the wedding day, the cake was gorgeous and delicious. We chose vanilla with strawberry filling and chocolate with chocolate gnoche filling. It was yummy! We had a four tiere cake with 2 flat sheets in the back. Not only was the cake beautiful, but I found it to be reasonably priced.

Sent on 12/03/2016

Katie · Married on 09/10/2016

Nancy came recommended through our venue and we couldn't have been more satisfied. She was very responsive, met with us and discussed all of our options and really catered to what we were looking for. Her desserts, cake and cupcakes (yes, we did all 3!) were all amazing and were really enjoyed by our guests.

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • FutureMrsCoughlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/08/2016

she is amazing! Her cakes are beyond delicious and so elegant. Buttercream frosting and design work. She had such a thorough cake consultation with me and had visual aids to help me see what would work best. She did each layer of my cakes a different flavor so there was such a huge variety. She was able to execute my vision flawlessly. She's a real sweetheart. Definitely try her out.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Melinda · Married on 06/04/2016

My husband and I were so happy with Nancy's Bakery!!! Nancy was a pleasure to work with, who delivered us the most beautiful wedding cake!!! Our wedding cake tastes fantastic and was so moist!!! The buttercream frosting was to die for!! We feel so lucky to have been able to work with Nancy's Bakery and give them our highest recommendation for any type of occasion, especially a wedding!!! Thank you so much for delivering us the perfect cake on our wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/03/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Nancy's Bakery! I would highly recommend them.

First, the cake was delicious. We had carrot cake, boston creme, vanilla with lemon filling, and vanilla with raspberry filling with buttercream frosting that was to die for. We actually had our friend who is studying to be a pastry chef at Johnson and Wales University come up to us and tell us she was very impressed with the cake. Not only was it delicious but it looked beautiful too. I could not be happier.

Second, Nancy is the nicest person. Her mantra is "no stress" and she means it. She was very flexible and told us we could change our order up to a few days before the wedding if need be. When we drove up during a snowstorm to sample cakes she was prepared with a million combinations. We were having a hard time deciding and had narrowed it down to four so she suggested doing all four (at no extra charge) since we were having a dessert buffet. At the end of the consultation she boxed up everything we couldn't finish so we could snuggle up on the couch later and watch the snow fall.

Lastly, her cakes are VERY reasonably priced. When we were looking for a bakery to make our cake we were taken aback by prices. We could not validate paying $7+ per slice for 175 people. When we found Nancy's Bakery online we were not expecting too much based on the price. We were delighted to find her cakes taste way better than the average wedding cake (which are usually so stale). We ended up eating cake for days after the wedding because we ordered too much and even after several days it was delicious.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

I used Nancy's for cupcakes and cake for my wedding at Country Gardens Rehoboth, MA (review for the venue separate). My now husband and I met with Nancy knowing just our wedding colors and theme, and she used foam pieces/fake flowers at the consultation to build a cake right in front of us as we spoke to better imagine what we wanted. We also got to taste-test her absolutely amazing cupcakes. We decided to go with fruit-filled cupcakes and we got so many happy reviews from all of our guests. I have to admit, eating her cupcakes was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to besides the getting married part! :) The day-of setup of the cupcakes and cake was a big complement to our theme. I would not hesitate recommending Nancy's to even our closest friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

Nancy listened to exactly what we were looking for, and did not push us to order more than we needed. When we each had a different favorite flavor at the tasting, she let us know we could choose a different flavor for each layer at no extra cost! This worked out great for our buffet style dessert table. The cake was delicious and moist, and the buttercream was smooth and not overly sweet. We only wish there had been leftovers! The design was beautiful, just as Nancy had sketched it at the tasting, and at no point were we worried about its delivery. It really was stress free! We will definitely visit Nancy's for other events.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Nancy was very friendly and accommodating, she took the time to design our cake to be exactly what we wanted. During our initial tasting she was very helpfully with combining flavors with the season and theme of our wedding. We had 2 other appointments and canceled them because she was so great. I will never go anywhere else for any of my specialty cakes.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Kim · Married on 11/07/2015

Nancy is such a sweetheart she was so patient with me had a cake testing couldn't decide on what flavor because they were all so good and the price is incredible very very reasonable

Sent on 11/10/2015

She listened to exactly what we wanted during the consultation! I was so happy with my cake, the decoration on it was exactly as I had pictured it would be.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Nadia · Married on 03/08/2015

I can not say enough good things about Nancys! Nancy herself is very professional and accommodating! All I had to do was bring her in a picture of what I wanted and she made it happen ! The cake tasted amazing and I got so many compliments because it was beautiful as well! Thank you Nancy !!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Amy · Married on 11/02/2014

After a day of visiting various wedding cake places, we decided to visit "just one more" a local shop called Nancy's bakery, and we were glad we did!

Nancy herself, welcomed us to our appointment with a cheerful demeanor and lots of cake!!! Seriously, she brought us 2 full trays of different cake flavors to try! When we finallly decided on the two we loved (so many good choices!) we actually got to build our cake with styrofoam cake blocks, and other assorted decorations to get an idea of what it would actually LOOK like, not just a hastily put together drawing.

We chose yellow cake with chocolate ganache and carrot cake for our cake choices, So YUMMY!!!, and a great value, as well, the price was much lower than we expected.

5 Stars!