Luna Belle Beauty Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Katherine S. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Large group - fabulous job!!!

Our wedding was June 11 at Winters Creek Lodge, and Luna Belle Beauty did an absolutely wonderful job! Not only at the event, but in the months leading up to the event. We had a shorter engagement (6 months) and it was tough to find someone on short notice. I wanted to treat my bridal party, my mom, aunt, and mother-in-law to makeup, so there were a lot of people. Julie, who helped me book for my event, helped me over the phone and extensively helped explain what I needed (I was very new at this). I truly appreciate the amount of time and effort she took understanding my needs. At the time, I was frustrated as another makeup artist company fell through, and was so relieved to be dealing with such a professional here. Julie was also very prompt over email every single time a question came up, it was extremely helpful!

At the time of my trial, my makeup artist, Kristina, was so kind and fun! I never wear a lot of makeup, and she was reassuring and helpful explaining every step and product used. Also, she followed the look I picked out to perfection! I loved it. When I noticed that the liner ran a little during the day of the trial, I reached out and she said she would use a different product on the day. She was extremely helpful in using this as true experimentation for the day, encouraging me to sweat, kiss, etc. just like the wedding day. She also gave lots of tips for skin care for the month leading up to the day, and it was so useful!!

On the day, we had Kristina again and Richelle. They were early and eager! For my mom, aunt, and mother-in-law (who never wear makeup), they did very light makeup and followed their instructions exactly, which I appreciate. For the bridal party, they made everyone happy and look gorgeous! They kept the mood up and everyone having fun, I could not have asked for a better day! I felt fabulous and gorgeous all day.

Thank you again!! We can’t say thank you enough for making our day special.
    Erin H. Married on 06/11/2022

Felt beautiful!

Shannon did our makeup and Keema did our hair. Even with a delay due to traffic they finished on time and we’re very professional. Everyone was happy with their h&m, especially me, the bride! I felt beautiful and the pictures came out great.
  • April
    April L. Married on 06/10/2022

I felt beautiful!

I got married in beautiful Lake Tahoe and these three gals, hair/makeup/spray tan, were so accommodating and wonderful to work with. They made my bridal party and myself look and feel gorgeous. They made it easy to coordinate and even switching location last minute due to issues with air bnb’s wasn’t an issue at all. It was nice not to worry about one thing during my bridal prep! Thanks gals! 🫶🏼💕😭🙏🏻
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Allison I. Married on 03/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

All around amazing experience!

Kristina did make-up for my engagement shoot, my bridal trial, and my wedding! She is an amazing soul and I thoroughly enjoyed working with her. I felt listened to and like she understood my vision on each occasion - even when I completely changed my mind the day of the wedding from what we had decided on in the trial! The Luna Belle team was incredibly easy to work with and was so flexible throughout the process. I'd absolutely recommend working with them for any of your beauty needs!
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 10/08/2021

Simple yet stunning

Such good makeup!! They know how to make you look super put together (but not caked on) and yet it stays all night! Couldn't be happier with how great it turned out. And in COVID, they came totally prepared with masks and face shields and took it very seriously!
  • I
    Ingrid M. Married on 08/28/2021

Amazing Team

Hiring a beauty team is harder than it sounds. After searching the internet for different local companies, I came across Nancy Rice Artistry. After sending an email inquiring about possible services and available dates, they checked all of the boxes.

Being a COVID bride and needing to postpone Nancy Rice Artistry was very accommodating with our new date without issue.

Both Melony (hair) & Kristina (make-up) were great. They took my inspiration pictures/looks and were able to make it happen. After reviewing my make-up trial pictures, I requested a slightly different color palette for the wedding day. Kristina made the color change and I absolutely loved the outcome!

I would recommend Nancy Rice Artistry when considering a beauty team for your special occasion.
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 08/09/2021

Great Team of Artists

The Nancy Rice Artistry team made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day!! They paid close attention to what I wanted and were receptive to any changes that came up. With everything happening this year, it was great to have a team that communicated with us as the changes came. I would highly recommend to anyone, I am forever grateful for their work!
    Alivia M. Married on 06/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful work and lovely team!

The appointed hair and makeup team that helped me on my big day were so fantastic! They came up to our very secluded hard to find cabin. Shannon worked wonders on my makeup and provided a look just as I asked for. Tallie did the most beautiful updo just as I hoped and it stayed very secure through the whole day! Felt like an absolute princess thanks to them and they were very easy to chat with and made it a really fun experience! Would highly recommend.

Luna Belle Beauty's reply:

Thank you, Alivia! You were a pleasure to partner with for your special day and you did look like a princess! Best wishes!
    Diana E. Married on 06/12/2021

Professional

I had a wonderful time having my face done. Shannon ( I hope I am right) was great and friendly. Received so many compliments on my peacock color eyes. They really stood out. Thank you!!!!

Luna Belle Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to help you realize your vision. Best wishes!
    M. S. Married on 06/02/2021

Wonderful experience!

We had a small wedding in Yosemite with our parents and siblings. Nancy and her hair partner traveled to our airbnb in the park to do hair and makeup for me and the other women (6 people total) and we had such a wonderful experience. Very nice, welcoming, and professional. My mother was beaming. I would definitely recommend!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 04/09/2021

Everything You're Looking For

Nancy is everything that you’re looking for in a makeup artist: calm, fun, creative, attentive, intelligent, and the ultimate professional. As a planner, I understand that every bride is looking for something different and that makeup can be such a personal aspect of the day that can make or break your confidence as you face + embrace all of the butterflies and roller coasters of the day. I am always impressed by how Nancy can skillfully create so many diverse looks on different personalities, skin types, face structures, and more! She is also calm under pressure (like a diamond in her element), and has never let me down in regards to staying on time for the day. I’ve focused on her makeup services so far, but I should add that her team also does fantastic hair magic! Time after time brides rave that she is such a great value for the level of skill she has, out-performing even the highest of expectations. Hire her! You won’t regret it 😉 She’ll make you feel like the goddess you are ❤
    Cory G. Married on 11/06/2020

Micro Wedding

Nancy and Keema were incredible to work with. Not only did it feel like I was hanging out with my girlfriends, but they nailed it with my makeup and hair.

I started off with a trial run which produced absolutely beautiful work! I tried on my dress after my trial run and realized it wasn't what I was envisioning together. They took my notes/ thoughts from that to ensure my wedding day was perfect! It was more than I could have ever imagined.

Thank you, Nancy and Keema, for everything! Y'all are truly something special.
  • Diane
    Diane F. Married on 10/11/2020

Valhalla Wedding with Nancy Rice Artistry

Nancy and her team did an amazing job for my wedding on our hair and make-up! We received many compliments from our guests. My favorite was: I looked like "me" still. Make-up was very natural but yet beautiful. Thanks, Nancy!
    Andrea Married on 10/03/2020

Keema was wonderful!

I hired Nancy Rice Artistry for my Tahoe elopement. Keema was my hair and makeup artist, and she did such a fantastic job! I cared about being able to wear my hair naturally curly and having makeup that was light and allowed me to still look like myself. I wasn't able to do a trial, and Keema was absolutely amazing. She was friendly, patient, and checked in with me at every step to make sure I was liking what she was doing. The end result was amazing, and I'm so pleased.
  • Jewelee
    Jewelee L. Married on 06/09/2020

Amazing experience

Nancy recently did mine and my daughter's hair and makeup for my wedding. She was amazing!! She was super cool to hang out with while she made us look beautiful!! If you're deciding between vendors, choose her! You will not regret it! She is amazing!!
    Madeline Married on 10/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I first met Nancy for a styled shoot. The moment I walked into the room I knew I liked her; her style, her vibe, and her fun upbeat energy. She was very easy to talk to - with her also being a mama, we clicked and shared motherhood stories as she did my makeup. She made me not only look pretty, but made me feel pretty too. I never wear makeup and go for the natural look, and she did just that plus giving me a pop of color on my lips. It was just the pampering I needed to put a pep in my step. Little had I known that day was the beginning of a heart warming friendship.
  • Melissa
    Melissa D. Married on 09/01/2019

Perfection

Artists all listened carefully and customized makeup for the wants of all of the maids and myself. They did an amazing job with my hair -- I have an undercut on one side and wanted a warrior braid along the shaved edge but really did not know how to explain what I wanted. They nailed it and gave me a perfect glamorous but edgey do. Make up was also on point and looked natural and awesome even in the bright sun on the mountain at the venue location. They were right on time, super friendly, and did an excellent job. I could not be happier with my choice.
    Katelyn M. Married on 08/09/2019

Tahoe Elopement 8/9/19

Nancy is a beautiful makeup artist and gave me the perfect look for my wedding day. She is organized and professional and so good at what she does! We exchanged a couple emails before my wedding day and I showed her a few pictures of the look I was going for and she made it happen for me! Nancy used great products and she was super easy to work with. The makeup lasted without smudging or running and I felt so beautiful all night! If you are in the Reno/Tahoe area I highly recommend Nancy Rice Artistry!
  • Megan
    Megan S. Married on 07/07/2019

Tara and Megan the best

We had Tara and Megan for the day and both were awesome. Tara new I didn't love some of my looks from the trial and made some adjustments to everything day of and it was perfect. I love everything about my look. Megan did a great job on hair for Mom, sister and nieces.
  • Julie
    Julie M. Married on 12/08/2018

Absolutely amazing experience.

Nancy uses top quality make up products that last for many hours. The make up she did for me in the morning lasted all the way until the next morning, and it still looked nearly perfect.

I would definitely recommend getting your hair and make up done by the ladies at Nancy Rice Artistry because they take the time to plan with you before big event. She even had me send her a photo of my face so that she can tell me a good color pallet to use for my make up. I sent her photos of what I would like to look like on my wedding day, and not only did she execute it perfectly, but she customized the colors to what would look best on me.

The ladies at Nancy Rice Artistry are super talented, easy going, and genuine. I would definitely get my hair and make up done by them again.
    Kaye Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy was Wonderful! I was a bridesmaid for a friends wedding and had the privilege of having her do my makeup. She was professional and attentive. She made me feel at ease and the makeup was flawless and natural. I was glowing!!! I will definitely look to her for any future engagements:)
    Erin L. Married on 09/15/2018

Incredible Makeup Artist!

I can’t say enough good things about Nancy!! She was professional and responsive and did such a stunning job! She made me look gorgeous on my big day and my bridesmaids all loved the makeup too! She was an amazing addition to my wedding and after seeing my pictures I am even more stunned!! She really is incredible at what she does and truly listened to what I wanted. I HIGHLY recommend her and her team!!
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette T. Married on 09/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nancy was extremely warm and professional.

Nancy was absolutely amazing. She calmed my nerves immediately with her beautiful personality.
    My hair and make up was perfection. She did exactly what I asked for and went above and beyond to get the special flowers that I wanted for my hair. I highly recommend Nancy. Her talent and work is exceptional.
  • Y
    Yeliz Married on 07/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy always ensures everything for the big day was scheduled to perfection. She arrived at all of the events promptly and the timeline was maintained, provided a stress-free experience for our brides. Nancy is wonderful to work with - talented, professional, responsive, fun and easy-going! We highly recommend her to any future brides or anyone who just wants to look fabulous. If you want to feel like a princess and look flawless on your wedding day, then Nancy is the hair & makeup artist for you.
    Jennifer Married on 06/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had a great experience with Nancy! Let me start by saying… I’m not someone who wears a lot of makeup (or knows very much about make-up). I put my complete trust is Nancy to make me look flawless for my wedding day and she did not disappoint. The airbrushing looked amazing! Nancy did a fabulous job and even talked me through the process of why she did what she did and how it would translate on camera. I cannot recommend Nancy enough. She is a true artist!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message