NagyDuo Reviews

22 | Belleville, MI

22 Reviews for NagyDuo

• Cora

Cora · Married on 10/28/2016

Leda and Elemer were absolutely incredible all around!! We could not have made a better choice when it comes to wedding ceremony music. Their harp and flute music was beautiful, they are an amazing duo! Leda called me twice to thoroughly go over the music selections, if it wasn't for her I would have had no idea where to even start! I LOVED working with these two, I only regret that I did not get the chance to praise them more at the event itself! I HIGHLY recommend the NagyDuo for any wedding!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

sandra · Married on 06/13/2015

Wonderful couple! Wonderful music!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Sandra · Married on 06/13/2015

They provided music for our ceremony as well as the reception. We had a wonderful, intimate daytime wedding where our guests loved the live music!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Joseph · Married on 05/23/2015

Elmer and Leda are wonderful. The first time I heard them play was at a wedding show, and my wife and I immediately knew we had to have them at our wedding. They invited us to their home to practice twice before our big day. Our requests were complicated, requiring coordinating with out of state vocalists, a traditional Indian Catholic choir and hymns. With the Nagy Duo's experience and professionalism, they were able to beautifully merge everything together. We wholeheartedly recommend the Nagy Duo to anyone who is looking for an instrumentalist to play at their wedding or other function.

Thanks,
    Joseph & Merryl

Sent on 02/16/2016

The NagyDuo, Elemer and Leda, were both very professional and detail oriented in the preparation and playing at our wedding. They spent a lot of extra time to ensure that the timing and selection of songs were appropriate for us. They played a wide variety of songs at our wedding ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception.

All the guests thoroughly enjoyed the music and many commented that it was the best sound that they heard from a harp and flute. They made our day even more special...

Sent on 12/16/2014

The Nagy Duo played for our wedding ceremony and reception. They played beautifully throughout the entire event. We had several guests compliment them as well. They are willing to learn and play new pieces of music upon request. I highly recommend them for any special event that you might have.

Sent on 08/13/2014

The Nagy Duo performed at my daughter's wedding and they were wonderful! The music was beautiful and I received many compliments. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Janna · Married on 05/31/2014

Nagyduo did such a wonderful job playing both the music for the ceremony and reception. They were very professional, punctual, and I was very happy with the result.

Sent on 07/20/2014

jasmine · Married on 09/07/2013

A HUGE THANK YOU for playing at our wedding September 7th. Many of our guests complimented the beautiful music you both played! it was truly amazing.

Thanks for being a part of our special day! it was truly an honor and we will pass your name onto friends who will be getting married in the future!

Thank you again!

Jasmine & Troy

Sent on 10/10/2013
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/13/2013

Nagy Duo was amazing for our wedding. Very easy to work with and very knowledgable.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Elmer and Leda are wonderful. Their performance was fabulous. They played at the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and through the dinner hours. Our guests were very complimentary on their performance. Our daughter was very pleased. She wanted a specific song played when she walked down the aisle and Elmer and Leda acquired the music and learned the song to play for her. We highly recommend them and would definitely hire them again. Thank you Elmer and Leda for making our daughter's wedding day an event to remember!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Eboni · Married on 09/15/2012

They made my wedding extra special.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Nagy Duo was fabulous. The music was beautiful and compliment the wedding ceremony. I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Marie · Married on 07/13/2012

My now husband and I used the NagyDuo as our ceremony musicians. They were amazing. They are skillful musicians and were willing to tailor the music in my ceremony into something that worked for my tastes. Even when I had to make short notice changes they were able to make everything work. The music at our ceremony was everything we ever hoped for and more.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jackie · Married on 05/19/2012

The beautiful harp/flute music was the finishing touch to our ceremony. The guests truly enjoyed it.
    Leda and Elmer are very professional. They work very hard to bring all aspects of the ceremony into harmony.
    You will be delighted with their addition to your ceremony.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2012

they were great. I got so much great feedback on them from all my guest I love that so much. I am so so happy that I got them for my wedding

Sent on 10/28/2012
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 06/25/2011

Nagy Duo were a perfect addition to our day. Leda established ongoing communication to make sure all of the details were just perfect. She was so sweet in offering support and suggestions for music choices. The performance was absolutely perfect. They were set up and ready well before guests arrived, and even took a minute to wish me well before everything got started.
    Beautiful music, wonderful experience, highly recommended! :)

Sent on 07/05/2011

Liz · Married on 10/24/2010

This couple did a fabulous job at my wedding! My family and my guests were all impressed by the talent and beauty of their music. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for music for their special function!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Carol · Married on 10/04/2008

They were professional, organized, detail oriented and on-time. They were also very easy to work with and brought tears to everyone's eyes when they played at the church. Everyone was very impressed!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2008

Nagy Duo was the perfect touch to our outdoor ceremony. They were very talented and were a lot of help when planning our song selections. We had so many compliments on the ceremony music! We would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2008

Julia · Married on 10/19/2007

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

The NagyDuo was a flutist/harpist duo that I met while at a bridal show. I indicated that I was interested in booking them, but they were wary given that they live quite far from the location our wedding took place. After talking a few times, I was able to convince them to travel, and to keep their low price given that the wedding was taking place on a Friday evening. They were great about keeping in touch and contacting me. They both have thick accents, so you need to pay close attention when conversing by phone, but they are also very good about responding by email. The music was beautiful, and they took the time to make my wedding unique. The only criticism I can give was their attitudes on the actual day of the wedding- the weather was up in the air and we were set to have an outdoor wedding, and they were somewhat crabby (and not extremely friendly) about the possibility of playing outdoors because of the wind. We ended up setting them up under a balcony away from the gazebo, and the DJ provided microphones and speakers to ensure they could be heard, but I was a bit surprised by the way they acted. In the end the music was beautiful, and I suppose I can't blame them for being somewhat frazzled given the long drive they had taken, the wind that really was quite strong, and the fact that their instruments are extremely expensive and sensitive to weather. I would continue to recommend them, as their price was great and the music was beautiful.

Sent on 11/07/2007

NagyDuo's reply:

The wind it was extremely strong that blow our music stands away with the sheet music.

Sara · Married on 06/19/2010

3.5
      3.0

Based on the comments of my guests, they really loved having live music at the wedding. They did a really great job once they started playing and everyone loved them. It created a beautiful and emotional atmosphere.

I want to put it out there that the husband of this group was a very friendly and nice man. We met him at a bridal show and he was very passionate about what he does. The wife, however, was rather difficult to work with. She tried to explain to me over the phone how everyone was supposed to enter during the wedding. I was not the wedding planner, but she was adamant about telling me this. On the morning of the wedding she was rather rude and animated when she talked to my father because she wanted to talk to the person who was in control of the wedding. Finally, she calmed down once she spoke to the manager of the hall. They had been to the hall many times and knew their routine, yet she still reacted like this.

Overall, it was a really great experience to have them at the wedding, but when it's the day of your wedding, it's rather stressful to be dealing with someone like this. I would recommend them again because it was beautiful, but I would want you to keep this in mind. Be sure that you have a wedding coordinator or hall manager talk to them before they start to stress you out.

Sent on 06/23/2010