N-D Mixx Productions Reviews

115 | Kapolei, HI

115 Reviews for N-D Mixx Productions

• F

Fiya · Married on 02/16/2009

You cannot go wrong with ND Mixx. The ND Mixx team (husband and wife Gil and Fran) was the one of our best vendor choices. They were always professional, provided us with guidance in planning our musical selections, and delivered way above expectations.

Here are my top 3 reasons why I recommend ND Mixx for your wedding:

#3) They will reduce your level of stress
    Fran was the most responsive vendor we contacted. She always replied within 24 hrs, always provided the information we needed, and always inspired confidence.

Gil met with us ahead of the wedding. He asked about our vision for the Big Day, helped us select our critical songs, and helped us plan the flow of the reception.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with such a wonderful team. They clearly cared that we enjoyed our every minute of our wedding.

#2) Even if you ask for the musically impossible, ND Mixx delivers
    My bride and I wanted hip hop. My grandparents and parents wanted ballroom. Impossible to meld the two, right? Not for ND Mixx.

When we asked Gil for the impossible, he just smiled and told us he had it covered. And he did. He played young, upbeat cha-cha’s and waltzes. My grandmother whirled across the dance floor. Then the music transitioned into funkier beats as the night moved on. I couldn’t believe my eyes when my bride’s 91 year old grandmother ventured onto the dance floor. The night was a true celebration.

#1) They are worth every penny
    Gil and Fran make pricing straight-forward and easy. There are no hidden fees. There is no separate charge for sounds systems and lighting.

You could probably pay much more and still not get better quality. You could pay less and miss out on this wonderful team.

Because we were planning our wedding from Washington DC, our vendors were critical to a successful wedding. We lucked out with Fran, Gil, and ND Mixx.

-Chris & Fiya

Sent on 03/25/2009

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2018

DJ Gil was a pleasure to work with! Our guests were entertained the duration of the ceremony and reception thanks to DJ Gil and his team. We hired N-D Mixx Production for DJ/MC and photo booth services. The price was totally reasonable/on the lower end of what we saw out there, and the quality of service was great. DJ Gil was responsive and helpful all the way along from the time that we booked him.
    The photo booth was so much fun and our guests loved it! I loved that we had unlimited prints, so even when 15 people were packed in the booth, they all got their own copy of the photos! We received a flash drive with all the photos at the end of the night too, and that's still fun to look at!
    The only complaint I would have is that I had a couple songs I specifically requested to be played AFTER people started drinking and dancing, and he played one of them as the second song of the reception :-/
    Other than that, I'm totally please with N-D Mixx Productions! Thanks, DJ Gil!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Marie · Married on 02/12/2018

Gil, responded in a timely manner, was very patient with me, as I have a pretty busy schedule and submitted my playlist to him late but with only the few I sent he was able to get what I was looking for :) He was very professional, caring personality and great sense of humor. He made our special day so much easier.
    It was a wonderful evening with all that I imagined. (LIve, Laugh, Love)
    Thank you Gil!
    (N-D Mixx is Highly recommended :) )

Sent on 03/29/2018

Justin · Married on 09/01/2013

Fran and Gil were easy to work with, and made our wedding as smooth as possible. They were responsive and informative, and most of our correspondence was done via e-mail, because we live in California, and planned a wedding in Hawaii.

Fran, went the extra mile to make my slideshow work, which I was stressed out about. I had the slideshow in a DVD, but wasn't happy with the quality of the image. I had an HD version of the slideshow on a .wmv file format, and N-D Mixx was able to scrounge up an old PC to play my slideshow at the reception.

Gil, made smooth transitions between songs at during the program and played great music during the dancing portion, that kept the guest dancing till the end of the night. We gave N-D Mixx pretty much all the creative freedom when it came to choosing music, and we were happy that the dance floor was packed all night long.

Thanks again for everything N-D Mixx!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Beth · Married on 09/07/2013

Fran and Gil were fantastic!!! My husband and I had specific songs we wanted in order to capture special moments throughout the day. All of our ideas were warmly embraced. It was exciting to hear and enjoy the music we grew up to with a touch of a few modern ones. They were professional, fun, and very responsive to changes. N D Mixx Productions truly made our BIG day the best, leaving everyone dancing and having a blast!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Brenda · Married on 09/01/2012

Very easy to work with, very agreeable and good quality. Responded well to a change in events (added a bouquet split giveaway to the mothers instead of toss). Generally unobtrusive. But I will say I had a perfect layout of the dinner setup for toasts and a map with a legend that was very clear but the DJ did not remember the order of toasts (only three people in a 24 person event) when it was drawn out on a map and color coded. Otherwise smooth event, did a great job getting some of the older folks to dance etc.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Anne · Married on 12/05/2015

Very friendly and easy to work with! Played all the songs we had hoped and more -it was a fun night with a lot of people on the dance floor!

Sent on 01/30/2016
  • User6312042 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We booked Gil for our Ceremony, Reception, and also as our MC.

Fran and Gil were great to work with. Really quick in responding to emails which made the initial booking process smooth.

Being a destination wedding, we were only able to meet with Fran &and Gil 2 days before the wedding to go over our music choices and the layout of the wedding.

Prior to the wedding, I was asked to complete a music questionnaire for all the specific songs I wished to be played throughout the night as well as the type of music I wanted played.

On the day of the wedding, the ceremony music was perfect but there seemed to be a little misunderstanding with the type of general music I wanted played throughout the Cocktail hour. I had listed hip hop, RnB and party anthems as the style of music we wanted to hear, however some examples of the music being played was Abbas Dancing Queen and the Bee Gees.

After a quick word between photos, the music was switched up to more along the lines of what I was after. The only disappointing thing was that after the reception I had a few guests and members of the bridal party mention that they had requested songs and they weren't played.

Gil did a good job as MC - his job was made especially hard by the fact that both the Groom and I were busy partying instead of focusing on the formalities!

Sent on 02/02/2016

We got a deal on living social and it was totally worth it! Gil & Fran are a wonderful couple to work with and are all about making the groom and bride's day just spectacular! They were so nice to even throw in uplighting for our head table on stage!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Brooke · Married on 02/18/2018

3.5

Gil, Fran, and the rest of the staff at N-D Mixx did an amazing job DJing for our wedding. Our dance floor was full the entire night! As requested, he played a lot of songs from our playlist. My aunty even asked me for the list of songs played because she enjoyed the mix so much. Once he did play a song that nobody knew and the crowd obviously was not feeling it, so after maybe 15 seconds of playing the song, he switched it to something better. This shows he has the ability to read the crowd and respond to what we want. The dance party was probably my favorite part of the wedding to tell you the truth. You can also hire Jon through N-D Mixx who does a good photobooth for really cheap and customizes the template with your input. The only things was they dress very casually but they are behind the DJ set up so the guest won't notice and they needed another assistant which I they did not tell me until I asked for my head count. But I would hire them again.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Responsive & Accommodating to input and preferences

Sent on 02/12/2014

Fran and Gil were easy to work with and shared our enthusiasm for our wedding. From our first phone conversation with Fran, we knew that they were the right fit for our casual outdoor destination wedding in Hawaii. We definitely wanted our guests to be on the dance floor and Gil helped accomplish this. Gil was also willing to listen to our input on the types of artists/genres that we wanted to be played and the ones that we wanted to avoid. We only wished that we could have danced longer if not for the noise rules in Hawaii!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Christy · Married on 09/06/2019

3.2
      2.5

Out of all our vendors for our wedding our DJ was our least favorite. Fran and Gil were very responsive on the phone and by email. I enjoyed all the conversations I had with them. All of our guest had an absolute amazing time at our wedding. The only negative thing I heard from our guest was that our DJ could of been better. My husband did not like that the Dj was sitting next to his equipment table text messaging during our dinner hour. He was suppose to continuously tell each table when it was their turn to go to the buffet. Instead, he was distracted and I advised the tables to get up and get their food. I didn't make an entire plays list for the whole wedding. Instead I picked about 100 of my favorite songs and left the rest of the choices up to the DJ. After the wedding was over, I was wished that I picked a strict playlist for him play from. It wasn't a horrible experience, but in the eyes of my husband, guest, and personal experience, it could of been better.

Sent on 09/26/2014

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We're sorry you had a bad experience, Christy. Clearly we should have met in person before the party to go over your expectations. We knew you had special table names and that's what was supposed to be called to invite each table up for the buffet, but the timeline we were given didn't have the table names. This is something we could have worked out in person. We should have insisted that we meet in person.

2.5

Everything was awesome up until the day of! I expected everything to run nicely and how we discussed, however, I think Gil could have been a little more professional as an emcee. He could have ad-libbed a little bit when it came to talking about our wedding party and introducing us into the reception room, etc.; he wasn't really lively, or like a normal "emcee" you'd pay for... It seemed like he simply read everything off a piece of paper that he had just been given; he couldn't pronounce a lot of words correctly, and read really choppy...he didn't even pronounce my bridesmaid's name correctly! The DJ aspect of it was great, however, the quality of service when it came to MCing, was sub-par at best... :(

Sent on 09/17/2012

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Since this review was posted anonymously we're unable to respond directly to the client. This is unfortunate since we had no idea ANY of our recent clients were so dissatisfied. We hope anyone reading this review will weigh it against the number of positive reviews we've received and realize that with some clients it's hard to get a sense of their personalities from phone calls and one meeting.

Grace · Married on 04/16/2016

2.6
      2.0

I was connected with N-D Mixx by my wedding planner. Everything was very great-the music selections and how they emceed the reception program..until my MOH's speech. She is a very shy girl who refuses to speak in front of the crowd most of the time, but she promised me to do a speech on my special day because she is my best friend. However when she spoke on the mic, the sound was keep breaking up and nobody could hear her speech. She was embarrassed and kept trying to go on, but the sound was messed up until the end of the speech. The beautiful moment got interrupted by the sound system..Also for our fathers' speech the mic was not cooperating. We were on a fence of hiring DJ since our wedding was very mellow, but we ended up hiring because we did not want that kind of glitch during our reception, but it ended up happening.

Sent on 05/01/2016

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Hi Grace, we're so sorry that happened. There is often interference with the wireless mics at Lanikuhonua that is beyond our control. If we'd known it would be an issue for your MOH, we would have gotten her a wired mic instead of trying to use the wireless. We assure you our sound system is top notch and the wireless mics we use are top-of-the-line. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make up for it.