N-D Mixx Productions Reviews

115 | Kapolei, HI

115 Reviews for N-D Mixx Productions

Gil and Fran were so great to work with. They provided sound for our outdoor wedding at Ko'olau and DJ music for the reception. They were really easy to work with. Our pre-wedding meetings were casual and friendly. They had great recommendations for us and helped us walk through some things to think about as far as music for the big day. Their online form helped make sure we didn't forget anything too. Gil is really accomodating to last minute changes. He kept the dance floor going all night with kids, 20 somethings, and even older folks! And most of us can't dance to begin with. I would highly recommend ND-Mixx to anyone looking to make their wedding awesome. And the price is right too!

Sent on 11/21/2013
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/06/2013

My husband and I thoroghly enjoyed our experience with Fran and Gil of N-D Mixx Productions! We felt really well taken care of throughout the process, from our first meeting, the planning stages all the way until our big day. Fran and Gil were reliable and responsive to our questions as well as needs. We received good value and appreciated the professionalism. Our specially selected songs were played at the appropriate times, the dancing was fun not only for out-of-town guests, and Gil was able to get the momentum going all the way until closing time! The only thing I missed was the uplighting we had discussed prior to the event. Overall, Fran and Gil provided us and our guests with an extremely beautiful atmosphere that made our wedding pleasant and enjoyable from beginning to end! THANK YOU, very much!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Arlene · Married on 10/04/2013

If you want your wedding reception to leave a memorable and lasting impression on you and your guests, then make sure you invest in a great DJ with a ton of experience, such as N-D Mixx. Fran and Gil were awesome to work with. Besides having a great sense of humor and being super nice people, they were extremely responsive to all my emails, they helped me decide what music to play for the wedding ceremony by providing me with a list of songs that were ideal for the venue, they played the music that I suggested for our reception in the perfect order so that it flowed well and kept everyone dancing, they were highly professional and their price was very affordable. I did not have a wedding planner, so it was such a relief to know that I was able to rely on my DJ's in making the night flow with ease and keeping everyone entertained. I highly recommend them for all your DJ services!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jodie · Married on 10/01/2013

Gil was awesome as a DJ he played every song we asked for and provided great mc service. He and Fran were very professional and met with me before my event went through the play list and the do not play list thoroughly! I would recommend using them for any party event or function and would like to say a huge thank you from Bryan & I.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Alexis · Married on 09/14/2013

Gil and Fran are FANTASTIC! Excellent price, professional services, and so easy to work with. We had our wedding at Turtle Bay Resort, and Gil and Fran always made time to make the long drive up to meet with us when we were there for planning. Gil has tons of experience because we was a radio DJ for many years, and even though we didn't give him a lot of direction for our music choices for the dance time at our wedding, he kept the party moving! For the songs we did choose, he downloaded all of them if he didn't already have them, including an obscure song my grooms mom wanted for their dance together. Gil also emceed the party and he got everyone's name right, kept the party flowing and on schedule and upbeat. I can't say enough good things about them! And you definitely can't beat their price. Loved working with them.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2013

These guys know what they are doing! This dynamic team is not only professional but also super friendly! I definitely relied on their experience. They listened to my program theme of the bride and groom serenading eachother & Gil and Fran answered all of my questions and eased all of my concerns at the pre-wedding meeting by being prepared to play any type of media and Gil having done soundchecks for bands which would help me with my guitar performance. They are very open and responsive. Even a couple days before the wedding, I emailed Gil that I was having problems with the mic that we were practicing with. He was able to mix the guitar and vocals on the day of and did a great job--their background and experience definitely helped with "working on the fly". Overall, the DJ and emcee services provided exceeded my expectations and the groom and I, and everyone, was happy with it.

Sent on 09/18/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Traditional receptions are always fun, but when you told us your concept and theme for the night, we knew it would be different and special. Having the Bride and Groom serenade each other in a mini-concert format was something we hadn't seen before. It's always great when couples step out of the box and do something that has meaning for them. Thanks for making us part of your "one night only" event!

Erin · Married on 08/23/2013

They were absolutely amazing! We had the best time ever with them. They were especially accommodating in tracking down hard to find Russian songs at the very last minute. They blended the songs that we requested in a seamless way and provided a very fun atmosphere for all.

Sent on 09/01/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

When we saw your dance requests we knew this was our kind of party! As for tracking down the Russian music, that's just the kind of challenge we thrive on! If we'd had time to get a certain website translated, we would have found that last song too! Thanks for making us part of your important day!

Jenna · Married on 08/12/2013

I was really impressed with ND Mixx.I would for sure recommend them to anyone needing a DJ and emcee.They made our day very special .They played all the music we wanted and the emcee was very entertaining and proffesional .All of my guests commented on what a great DJ and emcee I had they were impressed .Thanks ND Mixx for all your help! Aloha

Sent on 09/03/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We're glad everything worked out and we were able to do your party after the initial delay in the festivities! Much aloha to you and your family. We were glad to be part of your wedding.

Matt · Married on 08/08/2013

N-D Mixx Productions provided DJ services for our wedding in August at Loulu Palms Estate. We had a friend of a friend commit to the job, but we had not heard from him months before the date. A couple weeks prior to the event, in a panic we contacted other DJs that worked on the island. Fran email me right away and we decided to go with them. After panicking about our investment, Fran definitely gained our confidence. We received emails back right away (within hours!). The week of, we met at a Starbucks to go over some stuff for our wedding. With every question, Gil read my wife and I's mind. We would give him an idea of what we were thinking and he knew exactly the perfect song.
    The day of the wedding I had anticipated a lot of work to prepare, but like the other vendors, He just told me to grab a beer and relax. Everything was taken care of. Because of our budget, we were going to use a portable Ipod player as the Bride walked down the Isle, Fran and Gil hooked us up and gave us complimentary ceremony service to help us out. Gil provided a Mic for the officiant and a speaker so everyone could actually hear. Of course we were late and never got a run through for the ceremony or entrances, but he was on top of it all, music was on cue for everything. It was absolutely seamless.
    The compliments we got about our wedding weren't "awesome" or "a lot of fun", everyone told us our wedding was absolutely "Perfect"! N-D Mixx was responsible for that. He kept the party going until closing time, and everyone had a blast. Everything was perfect and we didn't have to worry about a thing. They are at a very competitive price for the island, and you get your money's worth for sure. If you decide to book with them, you can rest assured your event will go off without a hitch on their end.

Sent on 09/05/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We're wary of doing last minute bookings because we're never sure of the circumstances that led to a couple not having a DJ two weeks before their date! Thank goodness you and Danni were easy to work with. When we met in person it definitely seemed like you, Danni and Gil were on the same wavelength and we were able to breathe easier as well. We're so glad everyone enjoyed themselves and we had a great time being part of your day!

Allegra · Married on 07/27/2013

Gil and Fran are an awesome team and they have a great staff. They were very flexible to meet our needs and extremely responsive whenever we contacted them through email. What we liked the most was the professionalism they provided through calling us to confirm our meetings with them. This made them very friendly and easy to talk to. With their amount of experience it felt like a top notch service with an affordable price.

Sent on 08/09/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Thanks, Allegra! You and Ricky were the ones that were easy to work with...so organized and you were clear about how you wanted the evening to go. It was a pleasure to work with you!

Fran and Gil are awesome! They are extremely communicative and flexible. Our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Sean · Married on 07/26/2013

We hired Fran and Gil to DJ the music for our ceremony and reception and emcee our wedding at Sunset Ranch in Haleiwa, Hawaii. Since my husband and I live in NY, we had to do all our correspondence through email. Fran and Gil were quick to respond to all our questions and needs and were very accommodating to our music tastes (we had quite a few EDM/Trap/Indie tracks). They even dug up a disco ball for us upon our request. Our wedding day went smoothly, a large part due to Fran and Gil's familiarity with the Sunset Ranch grounds and easy going attitudes. It was a pleasure to have them as a part of the wedding and thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 08/16/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

There is no way to be uptight when you're doing an event at Sunset Ranch! The setting calls for an easy-going attitude and relaxed event and we were glad to oblige! We're glad you decided to infuse your own music tastes into the program, it made for a one-of-a-kind event!

Ryan · Married on 07/21/2013

We were referred to ND-Mixx (Fran and Gil) by our photographer Nick Pugay. They offer great service and they took care of all of our DJ and Audio needs. They set up multiple mics to accommodate our ceremony and musicians. They also got the dance floor going with a great mix of music that appealed to all ages. The helped to make our night memorable and all for a great price. You can't go wrong with them on your big day!

Sent on 08/09/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We're glad you trusted Nick's recommendation and were able to relax and enjoy your wedding day! Best wishes to you and Taryn!
  • kristin

Kristin · Married on 07/21/2013

Gil and his team were awesome! They were fast at responding and played everything we wanted at our wedding. I highly recommend n-d mixx!! Thanks Gil and team :) everyone had the best time!

Sent on 08/16/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

It was clear everyone was having a lot of fun when no one wanted to get off the dance floor at 10:00!! We probably could have gone until midnight, but we're glad your guests left wanting more.

Kristine · Married on 07/20/2013

Fran and Gil were a great team to work with for our wedding. Even before the wedding, they were very responsive with emails and shared songs with us via DropBox, making sure the songs they had were the correct versions of what we had in mind. My husband sent over extensive lists of songs that he wanted them to play for our recessional, cocktail hour, cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, first dance, and dancing portion of the evening. They accommodated everything we asked for and the additional songs they chose worked well with our tastes. Gil was also our emcee and ensured that every event transitioned smoothly. He even took the time to explain to the crowd a personal tradition that we included with our cake cutting ceremony. I think that shows how much they paid attention to the little details during our hectic day :)

Sent on 08/14/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We can appreciate a couple that is detail-oriented about their music choices and will do everything we can to make sure we have the right music. It's the least we can do for such a special day in your lives! Thanks for making us a part of your wedding!

Katie · Married on 07/05/2013

Thanks for making our day so special and keeping our party going with great music!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Your families made it so fun! Best wishes to you both.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/03/2013

Wonderful service & support from ND Mixx. They were very friendly, helpful & super quick with responses!

Sent on 07/22/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We definitely try to treat our clients the way we'd want to be treated. You shouldn't have to wait for a response from someone you've hired to work with you! So glad your party went well!

Leah · Married on 06/29/2013

N-D Mixx was the perfect fit for our wedding. Gil and Fran were very professional and personable. During our pre-wedding weekends, we felt extremely comfortable and it was clear that Gil really knew what he was doing. He had excellent suggestions for us and made our wedding preparations very stress-free. Gil and Fran also worked with our wedding planners and venue to ensure that everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding. They chose the perfect mix of music to compliment our event and kept things running smoothly throughout the night. We are extremely thankful to have worked with Gil and Fran of N-D Mixx. We highly recommend them to other couples in search of the perfect DJ.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Pauline · Married on 06/07/2013

I had a destination wedding at Turtle Bay Resort. It was very easy to communicate with NdMixx via email & responsiveness was quick. They did an awesome job during our wedding. All the guests danced the whole entire time! Music was great! We provided a type & list of music & Gil followed it. We had the best time at our wedding!! Thank you so much Gil & Fran for being so great! I highly recommend NdMixx!

Sent on 06/24/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Your guests definitely came to dance! That's usually normal for evening weddings we do, but we've never had a daytime wedding like that! We're so glad you and your guests had a good time.

Paula · Married on 05/28/2013

Gil and Fran were great to work with for our wedding reception in Ko Olina. Because we were from the mainland, we were only able to meet a day before the wedding. From that quick meeting, they easily put together uplighting which made the ambiance wonderful, a great playlist that kept the dance floor going, and a great overall experience for the wedding. They were very professional, showing up early to set up, and leaving without a mess. If you are looking for entertainment for your event, these guys are extremely easy to work with, are a great value, and are a great team. Thanks again to the ndmixx team for a great evening :)

Sent on 06/11/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We had a great time working with you too!

Leena · Married on 05/25/2013

Thanks Gil and Fran! We had an amazing time and appreciate everything!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jeni · Married on 05/04/2013

This is an amazing DJ to work with! We planned our wedding from California so picking out vendors wasn't easy. They were very helpful and responsive. They even drove to the other side of the island for our first (and only) meeting a few days before the big day!! We discussed our music likes and dislikes and they got a feel of our style. Our wedding went perfectly and everyone had a blast dancing the night away!! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 05/21/2013

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Any excuse to spend the morning on the North Shore, but we will meet clients wherever it's convenient for them! Your party was a lot of fun for us too. Thanks for making us part of your day. :-)

Jamie · Married on 10/13/2012

Fran and Gil did a wonderful job DJ-ing for our ceremony and wedding. My wedding coordinator recommended them as the best on the island and she was right! Their rates were affordable and their service was great. We handed them a list of our songs and the vibe we wanted for cocktail hour and dancing. They did a great job finding songs to go with the vibe--there were people dancing during cocktail hour, dinner and all night! They also did a great job of keeping the party moving without being too overbearing. Thank you from Jamie and Randy!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2012

Gill was awsome! Way above and beyond what we had expected. We met with him and gave some ideas and he took it and made it spectacular. He made the whole night run smothly even with the last minute changes we made. We would absolutly recamend him and his wife to everyone and if we need another event hosted we will call on them.

Sent on 08/28/2012

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

Thanks, Stephanie! Last minute changes are not a problem when you have an experienced professional on your side! We're glad you and your guests had such a great time and look forward to working with you again.

Nani · Married on 08/11/2012

We couldnt be more grateful or happy with what this company did for our wedding. They worked within our extremely tight budget, were so friendly and helpful, provided amazing customer service and all around awesome work at the reception. These guys go the extra mile to make your event special. Look no further, stick with Gil and Fran at NDMixx productions if you want to get more than you paid for!

Sent on 08/28/2012

N-D Mixx Productions's reply:

We definitely didn't want to disappoint the mutual friend that recommended us to you! We take referrals seriously and always make sure the wedding planner, fellow wedding vendor or friend that recommends us is just as happy as you are.