MyMoon Restaurant Reviews

MyMoon Restaurant 6
MyMoon Restaurant 7

Victoria Sosnovsky · Married on 06/21/2019

Brooklyn’s Hidden Gem

From the moment we stepped foot into MyMoon we knew there was no turning back. A little oasis in the heart of Williamsburg, filled with so much character and charm. Every time we visited we fell more and more in love, and our guests are still raving about the beauty of the place.

My husband and I had our intimate Ceremony only at MyMoon followed by some mingling with appetizers and Cava. The event was beautifully organized from start to finish!

Which brings me to one of MyMoons hidden gems.... Lee!!! What an incredible human being, with the kindest of souls. Every one of my emails was answered with pure joy and positivity. He worked with our vision and embraced every one of my ideas! He made sure that on the day of, my husband and I had everything we needed and even helped coordinate our families walking down the aisle.

Truly look no further, picking MyMoon was the best decision I made for my wedding day!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Stephen Graydon
    2:19 PM (2 hours ago)
    to Lee, Berna, Bener
    Hi Victoria & Eugene,
    What a delightful review! Thank you so much for the kind words and sentiments. Your appreciation truly means a lot to the entire staff and management, and we're so thrilled that we were able to help make your wedding day special from the beginning to the end.
    Wishing you both a beautiful future together!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/13/2019

Magical wedding

Words can't express how excellent this venue and all the staff are. We held our evening wedding here this June. Lee, my moon's wedding coordinator was beyond amazing. He organizes everything with you so that prior to the wedding you feel confident that everything will work out. Day of wedding he was on top of everything. All was on schedule and well coordinated. Staff / Severs/ Bartenders were excellent and polite. We held an outside ceremony which I would highly recommend, cocktail hour and indoor reception. Our guest loved every moment and detail. Food was delicious!!!!
    My moon provides you with recommended vendors which we went with a few and they all worked amazingly together. Florist- Rosehip DJ- David Medina photography- Manuel Montenegro Officiant- Hope

I wish I could get married all over again bc it was amazing.

Sent on 06/28/2019
    MyMoon Restaurant 16
    MyMoon Restaurant 17

Margherita · Married on 06/09/2019

Obsessed!!

It’s been 10 days since the wedding and Hubby and I still can not get over the fantastic job Lee & MyMoon did to create and execute the perfect day! Like every Bride, I was naturally nervous because I wanted everything to go smooth & it really did. Lee was able to answer all my questions extremely quick. He also worked well with my vendors and made sure they delivered what was needed. Lee has been nothing but professional, caring and friendly from the moment I went to inquire about the venue space until even after the wedding was complete. The drink & food service were all beyond outstanding, delicious too! MyMoon adds such a creative and beautiful touch to all the decoration. The venue is gorgeous even without the added decor BUT with every wedding you want your own custom touches to it and they did just that. They took items and placed them along my original set-up. I thank them so much for that! It really really made all the difference. I received nothing but compliments. Thank you Lee, thank you Mymoon for a night I will never forget!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Hi Margherita & John,
    Thank you so much for the glowing sentiments! So delighted that MyMoon was able to be a part of your special day. From all of us here at MyMoon we wish you both much happiness and a beautiful journey together.

Sherley · Married on 05/10/2019

We’re soo glad we found MyMoon for our wedding!

We’d give them a million stars if we could! MyMoon is such a stunning wedding venue in the heart of Williamsburg. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. This was the first venue we had visited on our search for a wedding venue and we were SOLD! We instantly fell in love with MyMoon. We met with Lee, who my husband and I affectionately like to call our “Zen wedding Coordinator “ he was so knowledgeable about everything wedding related and no detail was too small for him. The food blew us away at both our first meal there and the tasting, and the food on our wedding night was exactly the same, simply perfection! We feel so lucky to have found this absolute GEM!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    MyMoon Restaurant 18
    MyMoon Restaurant 19
    MyMoon Restaurant 20

Hi Sherly and Timothy,
    Thank you so much for the glowing review and kind sentiments! It was a pleasure to have you at MyMoon. We certainly are lucky to have an amazing staff and support at MyMoon, and even more lucky to have couples such as you and Timothy who make doing what we do such a joy! Wishing you all the best!
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 03/30/2019

exceeded our expectations!

We had the most perfect wedding at mymoon in March! My husband and I live locally but most of our family traveled from upstate NY. Everyone loved the venue and spending the weekend in Brooklyn. When we first started looking at venues in Brooklyn, we new mymoon would be the best option for all that you get for the price. We had a larger wedding (145 guests) which made us a bit nervous since that is close to capacity for the seated dinner style reception but the whole night went flawlessly! We had our ceremony on the newly-covered deck and it was beautiful! When I arrived to the venue early to do photos with our family, I couldn't believe how beautiful the inside looked. Lee & co set everything up perfectly and I just couldn't believe it was for OUR wedding. Lee helped immensely during those last few weeks going over every detail and making us feel at ease. Day of, he seemed to be everywhere at once making sure things went smoothly but also that we were enjoying ourselves and not worrying about a thing. I am a teacher/planner and like to be in control and I was amazed how relaxed I felt throughout the whole day thanks to Lee and the staff at mymoon. We used many of the preferred vendors and had great experiences. The food was excellent--much higher quality that I originally expected. I honestly don't have one negative thing to say. We are so grateful to have had our wedding ceremony and reception at mymoon--Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
    MyMoon Restaurant 27
    MyMoon Restaurant 28
  • Ealeal

Ealeal · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect venue with magical people in charge

After getting engaged last December, and originally mulling over a spring 2019 wedding, we decided we couldn't wait that long and didn't want to embark on over a year of planning and logistics. Our goal was to find a local NYC venue where we could hold an autumn wedding that would best suit our personality and our guests - no easy task in a city where venues are booked 18 months or more in advance! After looking at many a boring wedding hall and a long list of bare industrial lofts where we would have to take care of everything from furniture to sound equipment to insurance on our own, we were about to give up when we found MyMoon. Before even talking to them, we decided to swing by one evening for dinner (to-die-for Spanish tapas!) and see it up close. The building is a gorgeous revamped old boiler room from a factory, which my fiance and I immediately geeked out over, with gorgeous industrial touches making it a one-of-a-kind space - another bonus was that it's so beautiful, the space doesn't require a ton of additional design work or add-ons in order to look amazing for your big day. But all of this is just the icing on the cake that is their amazing event staff! From the second we met Lee, who manages events at MyMoon, we knew this had to be the place. Lee is nothing short of magical, and helped guide us through every step of the way, with every choice we needed to make, and gave us priceless recommendations on everything from logistics (tenting, weather worries, etc.) to additional vendors we'd been considering, and was proactive, transparent and upbeat every step of the way. You get the sense that this is truly Lee's calling, and we would not have wanted to have anyone else be our "wedding sherpa". Having accessibility concerns as well as international guests flying in especially for our wedding, we were understandably stressed over making everything work, and Lee was instrumental in having our big day go as smoothly as possible. MyMoon's staff as a whole was outstanding, from our tastings to our final walkthrough to the event and even the next day, when we came by to pick up decorations and other stuff we'd left behind - everything was organized to a tee, and we really didn't have a thing left to worry about, which was AMAZING. Our guests loved the space, and especially loved the food - we were able to accommodate everyone's dietary restrictions and still have a wedding where everyone kept coming up to us to rave about how outstanding the food was (as well as text & FB messages after the wedding!) from sangria cocktail hour to the desserts. The drinks were flowing, our guests couldn't stop dancing, and we got to have the wedding of our dreams. Hats off to Lee and the MyMoon team for being truly out of this world. If we had to get married again, we'd come back to MyMoon, hands down.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 09/28/2018

The whole experience of planning our wedding at MyMoon was wonderful. Lee was very responsive and professional, answering emails so quickly and providing more information than we even asked for. The day of the wedding was stress free because I knew Lee would be there to guide us every step of the way and he did. The entire staff at the venue was so helpful and attentive. The food was also the best I had ever had at a wedding and our guests agreed. We could not have asked for a better planning and day of experience.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Andres · Married on 08/10/2018

We hosted our 20th Anniversary party / surprise wedding at MyMoon and it was amazing! We wanted a cocktail party where our guests would have food throughout the night + drinks + plenty of space to dance and we got exactly what we desired. MyMoon was very accommodating. Lee Chappell was our event planner from MyMoon the last 2 months leading up to our party (the transition from the previous planner was seemless). Lee was so detailed, patient and always looking to make sure we were satisfied because as he kept saying "this is YOUR party". The entire staff at MyMoon was excellent the day of the event. We are grateful that the execution of our very important celebration was flawless!

Sent on 08/15/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Andres & Christopher, thank you so much for spending your special day with us and for your kind words!! We look forward to seeing you again and again in the future! Best, MyMoon team

Naoko · Married on 08/05/2018

First time when we visited the restaurant, We fell in love with the place. We wanted to have something vintage in Brooklyn in our wedding. This place was so perfect. We called to set up meetings with Erica. Since the first phone call, she supported our wedding 200+%. We had so many questions. But Each and every time we emailed Erica, she always returned my question right away. It made us very comfortable going through the preparations. At the wedding day also, Erica supported us thought out the wedding went. And all the staff our was very kind and very supportive. I will highly recommend everyone to have wedding here!!

Sent on 08/23/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Naoko, thank you for your kind words and review! We are so happy that we could be apart of your special day! We look forward to seeing you both in the near future! Best, MyMoon team
  • Veronica · Married on 07/06/2018

Where to begin! We had our wedding at MyMoon this month and it was fantastic. The space is absolutely gorgeous. We didn’t want a typical hall and when we walked into MyMoon we knew it was the perfect setting for our wedding.

The coordinator, Lee, is incredibly professional and responsive. But what I really loved about him is that he genuinely cared about our day and making it perfect. If you do get married at MyMoon, use the vendors Lee suggests. He works with them often and they are all excellent.

If i had to offer any type of criticism it would be that the bar was a little more restrictive than I expected, with a few guests letting me know that they ordered a drink and were told by the bartender they couldn’t make it. This isn’t something I asked about during the process so no fault of MyMoon, but something you might want to ask should you book with them.

I could not be happier with our experience and am so grateful for the staff at MyMoon for making our day so special. Our guests really loved it as well and many have told me that it was the best wedding they ever attended. Hurry and book with them, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/23/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazingly thorough review! We hope you will come back soon for dinner! All the best, MyMoon team

Niketa · Married on 06/30/2018

MyMoon was the perfect venue! Couldn't have asked for more beautiful settings, thoughtful and responsive staff and flexibility to truly customize the wedding to our favorite things and guests. The food is fantastic and there lots of options for vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian and other food preferences. We had guests come from all parts of the U.S. and around the world and so many commented on the unique beauty and comfort of MyMoon. Lee, who coordinates all of MyMoon's weddings, redefines what wedding coordinators can do -- he clearly cares a lot about each couple, stays so relaxed and good humored throughout every step of the process and thinks of all the small details and questions that we never considered but were so lucky he did. We'll always be so happy and grateful to have had our wedding at MyMoon -- and are looking forward to visiting and celebrating special occasions at the restaurant for years to come.

Sent on 07/10/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Niketa, thank you kindly for your sweet words and taking the time to write this review! We are so happy we could go above and beyond your expectations! All the best, MyMoon team

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

TL;DR: if you're thinking about booking MyMoon, stop thinking and just DO IT.

My husband (!!) and I were looking for a venue that was very 'Brooklyn': fun, a little out-of-the-ordinary, affordable, but still classy. We booked a tour of MyMoon because of all the positive reviews online, but we locked it in as our wedding venue because of Lee.

I'm honestly getting a little teary just thinking about how much Lee contributed to our special day. Part wedding coordinator and part fairy godmother, Lee handled everything we threw at him with a sense of humor and attention to detail, going above and beyond the call of duty to execute our vision. He responded to all my emails insanely quickly and exemplifies professionalism -- he's very respected by all the vendors we spoke to. (I'm also quite convinced that he was the reason the rain held off until RIGHT after our cocktail hour. He's that good.)

Besides Lee: the venue's ambiance was on-point, the food was exceptional, the staff went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome, and the lighted retractable roof over the outside deck was a godsend. The all-inclusive package (ceremony + reception venue, open bar, food, PA system) made planning a BREEZE and was more affordable than other venues we looked at. Pricing was super transparent and we knew exactly what we were getting up front.

Our guests were incredibly impressed by the venue: out-of-towners got to see a perfect slice of Brooklyn, and local guests couldn't believe such a beautiful and spacious event space was located so conveniently in the heart of Williamsburg.

Heartily recommend MyMoon for your upcoming nuptials.

Sent on 07/30/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Sarah, WOW!! Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words! We are beyond honored that we could be here for you on your special day! Please come back to visit soon! All the best, MyMoon team

Bridget · Married on 06/16/2018

We had our wedding at Mymoon in June and it was the perfect venue. All of our guests commented on how cool, unique, and beautiful the space was. The food was delicious, way better than your typical wedding fare. And service on the day of the wedding was great. Throughout the whole planning process Lee was amazing. We could not have asked for a more responsive and helpful coordinator. He made sure everything ran smoothly and that our day was perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Bridget, thank you so much for this amazing review! We are so happy we could be apart of your special day! Please come back soon to visit! All the best, MyMoon team

Karen · Married on 06/15/2018

Just fabulous - beautiful, with a great team to get you through your wedding day without stress.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Thank you Karen for your glowing review!! All the best, MyMoon team

Catherine · Married on 05/27/2018

MyMoon was wonderful!
    From the cuisine and the cocktails, to the beautiful garden and impressive interior space, it's a delight.

Most exceptional, perhaps, was the service. The staff was speedy and sweet. For the convenience of brides and grooms, the servers bring hors d'oeuvres and drinks back to the bridal suite, in case we miss a bite while bouncing around between guests (which is quite easy to do!) The MyMoon wedding coordinator, Lee, blew us away; his support on the day-off was paramount. With impressive precision, he gently reminded us when it was time for our first dance and when it was time to cut the cake (times which we ourselves had chosen but did not catch.)
    We chose a cocktail wedding and bought some additional servings of pasta and paella; the amount of food was just perfect for us. Additionally, MyMoon provided vegan as well as gluten-free fare for our guests with dietary restrictions. Everything was delicious - seriously, so good.

Weddings are a blur, but with Lee there, we hit all of the hallmark moments that we cared about.
    We are also a queer couple, so Lee's support and the welcome quality of MyMoon was greatly appreciated.
    We had whatever we needed -- it was an all-around great experience. Thanks, MyMoon!

Yu-Wei & Katie

Sent on 05/31/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for this fabulous review and thoroughness! We are so happy that we could be apart of your special day!! Please come back soon to enjoy dinner! All the best, MyMoon team

Kate · Married on 05/21/2018

My Moon is a spectacular indoor/outdoor venue for a wedding. The wedding portion has an electric roof to cover all weather contingencies; the outdoor area is perfect for the cocktail area and the indoor restaurant is gorgeous - even before your decorations. The food and service are impeccable. Lee and the staff were everywhere but never intrusive. Great execution of all YOUR dreams at a fantastic price. This is a must see venue if Brooklyn is your area. Bravo!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you kindly for this great review!! Please stop by soon for a dinner date! All the best, MyMoon team

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Words can't even describe how much we enjoyed our May wedding at MyMoon! From the moment we walked in the doors we knew we would get married in this beautiful location. The planning process with Lee Chappell was completely seamless from our first meeting with him. He answers every email and phone call very quickly and is very informative and kind. The ambiance of the space is just beautiful and the food is KILLER. Seriously, the day of our food tasting was almost as fun as the wedding- there are SO many delicious choices for your meal, and we're not talking about your standard chicken or fish here! We also loved that the meal was family style- our guests really thought that was a nice touch. If you choose MyMoon for your wedding, put your mind to ease because you WILL have the best day of your life! The whole staff is so wonderful and nice and made us feel so special the whole day. We especially loved that there are no hidden costs in the contract, and Lee is very upfront with all costs for your day. The outdoor area is so lovely for the ceremony, and even though it rained on our day, nobody even noticed because they have a beautiful retractable roof with lights that gave a beautiful ambiance to the area. Seriously, stop looking for venues right now, call Lee, and get married at MyMoon!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    MyMoon Restaurant 36
    MyMoon Restaurant 37
    MyMoon Restaurant 38

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Kelly and Paul, such a fabulous review!! Thank you so much for celebrating your most special day with us! We look forward to seeing you again for date nights! All the best, MyMoon team
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/30/2018

I got married last Friday with 60 guests. OMG! Where do I start? Lee, LEE, L-E-E!!!! I remember reading reviews for My Moon before we even saw the venue and saw his name so many times. Now, I understand why! He helped with so many parts from set up, dealing with all other vendors, transitioning all parts of the ceremony to reminding us about cake cutting- He even set up my train and veil before I walked down the aisle! He helped us set up the ceremony inside because it started raining last minute. It still was gorgeous. My Moon is rustic, romantic and so Brooklyn. Everyone loved the venue and the food! The food- I loved our h'orderves and the passed out sangrias! The price is very reasonable for being in the heart of Williamsburg. My Moon is the way to go- they provide food, alcohol, small desserts and even have a DJ booth. I am 100% happy that I got married at My Moon.

Sent on 04/07/2018
    MyMoon Restaurant 39

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Crystal, thank you so much for your review and for spending this special moment with us! Your wedding was beautiful! We hope to see you both soon! All the best, MyMoon team

Allie S. · Married on 01/27/2018

A unique and beautiful event space with attentive staff

We had a really wonderful experience start to finish. Lee, the wedding coordinator, was very responsive, open-minded, and organized as we planned our special day. The entire staff at MyMoon went above and beyond to ensure our guests were well cared for and also made sure that we (as the bride and groom) could focus on enjoying our time with our friends and family. Additionally, my husband is Polish and we had wanted to incorporate some Polish elements into our celebration. One of these included having traditional Polish foods available for our guests towards the end of the night. The owner of MyMoon personally went to nearby Greenpoint (a predominantly Polish neighborhood) to source the food for us. We were so impressed with the amount of care and attention that went into our day. Our guests could not stop raving about the beauty of the event space, the attentiveness of the staff, the quality of the food, and the concept of family-style eating. MyMoon offers a unique experience with industrial, chic decor, all while providing a warm, comfortable environment for guests. THANK YOU to Lee, the owners, and the staff for giving us (and our guests) a beautiful memory we won't forget.

Sent on 10/28/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. Your touching words and sentiments make doing what we already love all the more enjoyable and gratifying.

All the best MyMoon team

michelle · Married on 12/01/2017

This place deserves a 5/5!!! I had my reception here last Friday 12/1/17 and all my guests loved it!!! Guests kept on raving about how food was awesome and how the place looked so intimate and cozy! Lee Chappell did an awesome job helping us out from day 1. He walked us through everything and made all the planning stress-free. He would reply right away if you had any questions. So easy to work with! The day before the wedding I dropped off all the props we are using for the reception and surprised at how well he arranged everything!! This place is highly recommended!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    MyMoon Restaurant 40
    MyMoon Restaurant 41
    MyMoon Restaurant 42

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you for your fabulous review Michelle! We are so happy we could be apart of your special day! All the best, MyMoon team

Hyeri · Married on 10/07/2017

I knew MyMoon was THE venue the moment I walked into the beautifully-furnished courtyard. From the ivy-lined brick walls to the chic, industrial interior decoration, it was the perfect venue for a rustic/romantic wedding in Brooklyn. With many family members coming from Asia, my husband and I wanted to create a romantic New York experience, and MyMoon did not disappoint! MyMoon was a bit out of our budget, but in the end it was worth it, because we didn't have to rent separate furniture or sound equipment.

As everyone else has commented on here already, Lee is truly the BEST events manager and day-of coordinator you'll ever meet. He's genuine, passionate, and extremely detail-oriented. As a type-A bride, I asked a LOT of questions and Lee answered every single one in a timely manner. He put us completely at ease, especially during the week of our wedding when we were scrambling to put together the last-minute details. In addition to Lee, all of the staff members were readily available on our wedding day and made it SO easy for my husband and I to enjoy our big day.

In addition to the beautiful venue, the food at MyMoon is not your typical wedding food -- the tapas-style menu works really well for any wedding, and everything is perfectly prepared. Our family still loves to talk about how great everything tasted and looked!

Thanks again, MyMoon team, for an unforgettable wedding day!

Sent on 05/22/2018

MyMoon Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so happy that everything exceeded your expectations! Please stop by soon for dinner! All the best, MyMoon team

Jenny · Married on 09/18/2017

From the initial email to our actual wedding day, MyMoon was a dream come true.
    I didn't have a 'OMG THIS IS MY DRESS' moment but I did have a 'OMG THIS IS MY VENUE' moment with MyMoon. Lee is incredible to work with and made this whole process a breeze.
    The food is a 10/10, the service was a 10/10 and the value of the whole package was a 10/10. I would recommend MyMoon to any bride in NYC looking for a 5 star venue without paying 5 star prices.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Molly · Married on 08/11/2017

MyMoon was a fantastic venue for our big day! When looking for a venue in Brooklyn, we found lots of open spaces where we were paying a rental fee alone, and would then need to hire separate vendors for everything else. Since MyMoon is a full-service restaurant that we'd been to (and we knew their food was good), it was immediately a top contender for us. Also, the venue is gorgeous! The giant, airy, bohemian outdoor patio combined with the industrial, open indoor area is just amazing.

However, what really sealed the deal for us was the Events Manager, Lee. He walked us through every area of the venue, telling us how other couples had used this space and what he would recommend. It was clear this man knew his weddings and that we would be in good hands. He responded to all of our questions in a timely manner and the restaurant was open to all of our ideas for the day. Our guests continue to rave about how beautifully rustic our wedding was, and I don't think it would have come together as swimmingly if it weren't for Lee. I highly recommend this place!!!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/03/2017

MyMoon was a magical wedding venue! I'm so glad my wife and I decided to get married here. We instantly fell in love with the vibe when we went for our first site visit. The exposed brick, banquets, and dark wood tables were right up our alley. Then we met Lee, the wedding planner mastermind, and were sold.

Lee is incredible and made our day as great as it was. He was very responsive leading up to the wedding, and very timely. He was on top of every detail, and I felt very comfortable leaving things in his hands (which was hard for me, being an event professional).

The day of the wedding, it rained, and Lee and his team were flexible and setup the ceremony outside the instant it stopped, allowing us to proceed with our plan A. We saw them all hustling to get it done. Dinner service also went smoothly, and my wife and I always had a drink in our hands thanks to Lee. The tables had to be moved for dancing, and it seemed like it took only seconds, the team was so good.

The food was also incredible! I'd highly recommend this wedding venue to anyone getting married, especially same sex couples. Lee gave a heartfelt speech before the ceremony began, and I know we'll stay in touch for years to come.

Sent on 09/11/2017