MyDeejay Reviews

MyDeejay 7
  • Katlyn

Katlyn Jennings · Married on 05/04/2019

DJ Van Petty - Keeps the Party Going

From the initial phone call to the last song, DJ Van Petty was so easy to work with and made sure our day went exactly how we planned. He made a custom intro song for us from a live version of a song we both loved, he made sure to play our key songs when we were both on the dance floor and then asked which song we would like to end the night with. Everyone was dancing until the last minute. We highly recommend him for your event!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic DJ!

MyDeeJay did a great job of matching us with a DJ that fit our musical tastes (classic rock, folk, funk, Motown) and desired MC style (laidback and flexible, with minimal commentary). The online planning forms made it easy to coordinate the reception schedule, song requests, and other details, which made it easy for my husband and me to just relax and let the DJ do his thing on the big day. DJ Brian Jones was a pleasure to work with: responsive, helpful, friendly, and good-humored. He did an awesome job incorporating our requested songs into his playlist while still reading the crowd and tweaking the lineup to keep guests on the dance floor. Brian did a great job of crafting the "vibe" we wanted: a good mix of oldies, classics, and newer hits. We heard song after song that we loved, and many of our guests commented on our DJ's great song choices. My husband and I would recommend MyDeeJay (and Brian Jones specifically) to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Trina · Married on 04/20/2019

Professional and fun

Anthony was AMAZING! He was so helpful when I was trying to select songs for specific times during the wedding. Every question was answered quickly and with honesty and enthusiasm. Anthony was a master at keeping the guests on their feet and mc'd the timeline perfectly. I can't thank him enough

Sent on 05/18/2019
    MyDeejay 8

Mumu Xu · Married on 03/30/2019

Highlight of the Night

We worked with Brian Jones, of MyDeeJay, and he was absolutely fantastic. He, without a doubt, made the party what it was.

From the very beginning, Brian was amazing to work with. He was extremely professional during our introductory phone call - explaining his style, how he liked to work with couples, and his back-up plan in the event of unforseen illness or unavailability. (That was particularly important to us when we were hiring a specific person - and Brian’s plan was comprehensive and perfect - not that it was necessary!) In particular, we loved Brian’s philosophy of keeping the party moving without becoming the center of attention.

Brian was fantastic to work with in the days leading up to the wedding. We filled out MyDeeJay’s online form (which asked for songs we wanted to hear, and those we didn’t want to hear) but Brian also set up a call where we were able to talk through everything, and make sure we were all on the same page. He was also very responsive in terms of making sure that there were adequate equipment for the ceremony, enough microphones for the readers and co-officiants, and that he was all set for the music cues. We also had a friend of ours who was singing a few songs, and he was great to work with to make sure that our friend had the equipment and tracks she needed.

The day of itself was amazing! Brian was great at setting everything up, and then for the dancing itself, everything was just perfect. He was so good at reading the room, and making sure that everyone was up and dancing. He was one of the best DJs we had ever seen - and many of our guests said the same. He really made the party what it was.
    Brian was professional, competent, and so good at making the party rock. We couldn’t have asked for anything more, and are so glad we hired him!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Vanessa · Married on 03/28/2019

Evan was tremendous at scoring our special day...

We found DJ Evan Reitmeyer via our wedding planner and he was absolutely fantastic on all fronts. Right from our initial conversation, we instantly knew that he completely understood what we wanted and did not want. He accommodated our music selections and filled in with additional songs/mixes that flowed so well for both our cocktail hour and reception. He was so easy to work with and was completely unobtrusive when coordinating the event with the hotel, our speeches and closing activities. His price was extremely reasonable and we couldn't recommend Evan more.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Alexis Kim · Married on 03/10/2019

Thank you jon ryu!

When planning our wedding, my husband and I had the most difficult time nailing down a DJ. We were looking for someone that was Korean/understood Korean wedding customs as we wanted someone who was familiar some of the expectations of Korean families. We were having bad luck with poor responsiveness with the few people we reached out to, and I stumbled across MyDeejay, and requested to be connected with Jon. From the get go, he was great! Super responsive, and knew exactly what our taste in music was (haha). We had a bunch of small, last minute changes to the ceremony/reception, but Jon handled them all with ease. I didn't get to interact with him much the day of the wedding - I just went upstairs to the reception area, and boom - there he was all set up. I guess that's a sign of someone who knows what he's doing! For our reception, we wanted someone who wasn't corny/cheesy and would kind of let the music do its thing. Jon did just that, and our guests were on the dance floor the entire time. A couple of them didn't want the night to end and requested an encore!

In terms of logistics, it is incredibly easy to secure a DJ with MyDeejay and make all the payments as necessary. It seems like a minor detail, but Will and I had so much trouble securing a DJ, so the seamlessness of the entire process is something we deeply appreciated. I also think the pricing of MyDeejay's services is extremely fair. Everyone knows that weddings are expensive, so when you're able to find a very professional company at a great price point...you just can't beat that!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2019

MyDeejay (Jon Ryu)

Let me start first by saying that this company is first class all the way. From the initial FaceTime conversation, to the follow-ups, culminating with an amazingly professional, so much fun, first class experience. Jon was an amazing MC and when he got in the booth he crushed it. His vibe and friendliness as well as ability to read a room and know the direction we wanted to go was beyond amazing. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding hiring this company.

Sent on 03/11/2019
    MyDeejay 9
    MyDeejay 10
    MyDeejay 11
    MyDeejay 12
    MyDeejay 13
    MyDeejay 14

Jennifer Walsh · Married on 02/17/2019

Easy decision: book dj evan reitmeyer now!

Music was a priority item for our wedding. DJ Evan Reitmeyer loves his job and he is dedicated to delivering the music experience you want and communicate to him. I set the bar high and he exceeded it. He was willing to work with me and the approach we wanted to take for our pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He listened and was constructive and respectful in flagging things we would not have thought about to help me narrow my song-list and ensure I got the entire "feeling"/vibe I had told him I wanted for the various stages of the event. He reviewed my playlist and I left it to him to decide the order of songs ... he delivered an exceptional evening of music that kept folks of multiple generations on the dance floor for 3+hours.
    The two pre-event planning calls were organized, efficient and very helpful for ensuring seamless day-of execution. DJ Evan arrived on-time, with the same positive attitude and energy we'd heard over the phone and that was evident throughout the day/evening and through pack-out. He honored our requests for minimal announcements (our arrival, our first dance, etc.) and did not try to become the entertainment.
    My fiance/now husband and I knew in our first phone call with Evan he is an exceptional DJ and right choice for us. Following our wedding, we continue to talk about how much he helped make our wedding day so much fun and so memorable. We continue to hear from guests who proactively talk about the music, dancing and ask when can we do it again.

If you are on the fence about whether to have a DJ or who to hire, you need to chat with Evan ... do so and I suspect your confidence will go up and any angst over this element of your event will disappear. DJ Evan is truly the best.

Sent on 03/10/2019

Mel · Married on 12/07/2018

Total Pros and Kept the Dance Floor Packed

Brian Jones at MyDeejay was an amazing DJ at our wedding and we couldn't have been more thrilled! From our first conversation, Brian was very laid back and eager to hear what type of music we liked and disliked. MyDeejay had a great planning site where we could create playlists and provide details about announcements and toasts. Closer to the wedding we had another call with Brian to talk through the playlists and logistics, and he even offered various song suggestions for our reception entrance and cake cutting when we got stuck. Brian made sure the music for cocktail hour and dinner flowed and expertly kept the dance floor packed all night, playing a fantastic mix of songs that appealed to the wide age range and musical taste of all our guests.

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Wolfe · Married on 11/24/2018

Professionalism and quality unparalleled, plus dancing all night!

It could not have been easier to work with Brian and MyDeejay on our wedding day. From their online system to their attentiveness and planning, the professionalism and quality of this company is unparalleled. After two conversations, Brian was able to customize a perfect playlist for the night that incorporated our favorites but also left room for requests and pleasant surprises. This team came highly recommended and we could not be happier with their contributions to our wedding day!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Meredith B · Married on 11/11/2018

Best wedding DJ ever!

DJ Jon Ryu creates the most amazing wedding playlist for us and our wedding guests, keeping all our guests—young and old—up and dancing all night, all while successfully weaving in our weird requests that ranged from doowop to our favorite theme songs!!!

Jon Ryu delivered everything we asked for and more. As we planned for the wedding reception, Jon Ryu spoke with us at length about our requests and what would work best at which times. Our only regret was that we didn’t have time to thank him personally during the wedding!

We also received many many compliments throughout the wedding reception about how it was the best playlist people had heard at a wedding.

That is all to say we would definitely recommend DJ Jon Ryu and MyDeejay to anyone looking to throw a great party.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Alisha · Married on 11/11/2018

Fantastic!

We had Anthony DJ our wedding. We loved how attentive, friendly, and flexible he was on the days leading up to the wedding. Day of we got nothing but compliments about him. He was wonderful to work with, and we absolutely recommend this company for anyone looking for an excellent DJ experience for their wedding.

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Kailee

Kailee · Married on 11/10/2018

Anthony from MyDeejay was the highlight of our wedding!

We cannot rave enough about Anthony from MyDeejay. My husband and I hired him for our Nov 10th wedding at the Daughters of the American Revolution in DC. We were so last minute with all of our requests and Anthony was kind, accommodating, professional, and patient with us. We gave him a list of our vision and he took it and made it his own in the best way possible.

We would highly recommend MyDeejay and most specifically Anthony! Our guests are still raving about how good his energy was and how good his music choices were-from the 70s to the 80s to the 90s as well as current music, Anthony read the crowd and knew when to shake things up based on the mood and vibe of my very diverse set of guests. Our wedding would not have been the same without Anthony so thank you for making our wedding reception absolutely perfect. The customer service from both Anthony and the MyDeejay team was top notch, we will be highly recommending them for social events to our friends and colleagues.

Sent on 11/22/2018

marina myers · Married on 11/10/2018

I love dj evan

I had the absolute best experience with MyDeejay. I got married in November. I was going to have a band but a month or so out we decided that a DJ was a better route. MyDeejay was so responsive, they hooked me up with DJ Evan so quickly and it was the perfect match. DJ Evan got me and knew exactly what I wanted. We had the best party and it was the most insane night and the DJ 10000% made it that way. Our dance floor was packed all night, and guests were trying to get Evan to stay to keep the party going (we had to leave the venue). I cannot thank DJ Evan enough. I promise you that you will have the most rockin' night of your life. Everyone is still talking about the bomb party we had and we are so, so happy with our decision to have DJ Evan!!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Bryon

Bryon · Married on 10/27/2018

DJ Anthony is fantastic!

We used DJ Anthony with MyDeejay for our wedding in NoVa this fall. He was super flexible and easy to work with, very knowledgable and listened to what we wanted regarding the style of music for our wedding, and did two detailed consultations with us prior to the day, so we knew we were in good hands. He helped accomodate some personal musical performances as well! Our guests were thrilled with the music. and we would definitely recommend DJ Anthony to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Dashoff · Married on 10/21/2018

Brian at MyDeeJay totally got us and what music we wanted!

We basically told Brian anything but jazz when he asked what our musical tastes were and yet the music at our wedding hit every note perfectly and we knew the words to every song he played. MyDeeJay's online system is so easy to use, contains so much music, and keeps everything in one place, too. We ended up putting something like four hours of music on the "play if possible list" and through getting to know us and the final prep call, Brian was able to pick just the right songs --some from the list and some not -- to play at just the right times. He was also so quick to respond and easily handled the instrumental covers we requested for use during the processional (which were the only music not in the system) with total ease, he even found us the perfect version of Hava Nagila for the Hora; there was no song we even thought about that he couldn't get his hands on. On top of his ability to match music to the sense of the room, great demeanor and responsiveness, and all around professionalism, he was also a perfect emcee, making sure everything and everyone was announced and went off on time.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Christine · Married on 10/20/2018

DJ Jon was awesome!

DJ Jon Ryu was fantastic. We were looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ who would be remembered for the awesome music and not the jokes and banter. That's exactly what we got. Working with Jon up to the wedding was smooth and seamless and multiple people came up to me over the course of the night and remarked how great the DJ was. I also loved how little direction we had to give him--you can tell he's done this many times before and knows what type of music to play when. Thanks Jon for a fantastic night, I'm so happy people danced it away!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Gail · Married on 10/14/2018

Fantastic Experience with MyDeejay

Friends of mine who used MyDeejay for their wedding gave me the vendor recommendation, and I'm SO glad I used them. MyDeejay was just great - Van was so communicative before the wedding, we had one really detailed phone call and a few emails before the big day and that was that. He asked all the right questions, let me make all my own playlists on Spotify and send them over to him, asked what are my "must play" songs...and the dance floor was packed all night. Completely stress-free. And Van was an awesome MC to boot! Highly recommend and a great value.

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing service from start to finish

I would recommend that everyone and anyone contract with My Deejay for their wedding. Evan Reitmeyer did a fantastic job - so many couples met me know that they had never been to a wedding where everyone was up dancing for the entire set. Evan also worked seamlessly with our caterer and coordinator to make sure that everything ran smoothly. I never had any worries or anxiety about the quality of his services. Beyond that, he is also just a great person and so wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect from beginning to end

We were recommended to MyDeeJay by our wedding officiant. They were so easy to work with and professional from our first planning meeting to the end of the wedding. We took a planning questionnaire and were matched up with DJ Jon who was excited to take on our vision for our wedding. We had a couple phone meetings and communicated often via email. His setup for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception was so professionally done and the sound was perfect. He kept the party and dancing going all night long and the wedding vibe would not have been the same without him!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Nini

Nini · Married on 10/12/2018

Awesome Deejay!

MyDeejay was very warmly recommended to us by our venue, and I am so happy we worked with them, and with Evan Reitmeyer in particular! The communication before the big day was really easy. We had a Skype call and we knew right away Evan Reitmeyer would be a great fit! The music and ambiance for our wedding was awesome and Evan worked around our very eclectic tastes perfectly! But he did more than that. He made sure to be able to pronounce my wedding party and family's name properly (we're French) for the introduction, he made sure we were ready for our first dance, he kept everybody on the dance floor and got my family dancing on some French tunes. He was very professional and super reliable, I totally trusted him to do an amazing job (which he did!)
    If you're looking for a great DJ to make your wedding memorable, don't look further!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Erin · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!

MyDeeJay was great to work with! We were paired with Anthony who was very professional and easygoing. You could tell he liked what he did! MyDeeJay and Anthony were both quick to respond to my emails. Anthony did a great job at our wedding. He played exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Gabby LaVerghetta · Married on 10/06/2018

Nonstop dancing!

DJ Van made plenty of time for us to meet before the event and did an awesome job keeping our dance floor busy the entire night! The My Deejay planning process was very transparent and customer friendly. From the small details - like taking extra time to make sure he was pronouncing everyone's name correctly - to getting people of all ages moving, including our 90-year-old uncle, Van was amazing! He also checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with the playlist. We can't recommend DJ Van and My Deejay enough!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Stress free and good times

We used Mydeejay and were matched with DJ Anthony Simpson and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. He was responsive, professional, totally receptive to our requests, and took the initiative to coordinate with our other vendors the day of. It was stress free, our guests were into the music and everyone (of all ages) had a great time on the dance floor, so would 100% recommend.

Sent on 11/26/2018