MyDeejay Reviews

MyDeejay 6
MyDeejay 7

Alexis Kim · Married on 03/10/2019

Thank you jon ryu!

When planning our wedding, my husband and I had the most difficult time nailing down a DJ. We were looking for someone that was Korean/understood Korean wedding customs as we wanted someone who was familiar some of the expectations of Korean families. We were having bad luck with poor responsiveness with the few people we reached out to, and I stumbled across MyDeejay, and requested to be connected with Jon. From the get go, he was great! Super responsive, and knew exactly what our taste in music was (haha). We had a bunch of small, last minute changes to the ceremony/reception, but Jon handled them all with ease. I didn't get to interact with him much the day of the wedding - I just went upstairs to the reception area, and boom - there he was all set up. I guess that's a sign of someone who knows what he's doing! For our reception, we wanted someone who wasn't corny/cheesy and would kind of let the music do its thing. Jon did just that, and our guests were on the dance floor the entire time. A couple of them didn't want the night to end and requested an encore!

In terms of logistics, it is incredibly easy to secure a DJ with MyDeejay and make all the payments as necessary. It seems like a minor detail, but Will and I had so much trouble securing a DJ, so the seamlessness of the entire process is something we deeply appreciated. I also think the pricing of MyDeejay's services is extremely fair. Everyone knows that weddings are expensive, so when you're able to find a very professional company at a great price point...you just can't beat that!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2019

MyDeejay (Jon Ryu)

Let me start first by saying that this company is first class all the way. From the initial FaceTime conversation, to the follow-ups, culminating with an amazingly professional, so much fun, first class experience. Jon was an amazing MC and when he got in the booth he crushed it. His vibe and friendliness as well as ability to read a room and know the direction we wanted to go was beyond amazing. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding hiring this company.

MyDeejay 8
    MyDeejay 9
    MyDeejay 10
    MyDeejay 11
    MyDeejay 12
    MyDeejay 13

Jennifer Walsh · Married on 02/17/2019

Easy decision: book dj evan reitmeyer now!

Music was a priority item for our wedding. DJ Evan Reitmeyer loves his job and he is dedicated to delivering the music experience you want and communicate to him. I set the bar high and he exceeded it. He was willing to work with me and the approach we wanted to take for our pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He listened and was constructive and respectful in flagging things we would not have thought about to help me narrow my song-list and ensure I got the entire "feeling"/vibe I had told him I wanted for the various stages of the event. He reviewed my playlist and I left it to him to decide the order of songs ... he delivered an exceptional evening of music that kept folks of multiple generations on the dance floor for 3+hours.
    The two pre-event planning calls were organized, efficient and very helpful for ensuring seamless day-of execution. DJ Evan arrived on-time, with the same positive attitude and energy we'd heard over the phone and that was evident throughout the day/evening and through pack-out. He honored our requests for minimal announcements (our arrival, our first dance, etc.) and did not try to become the entertainment.
    My fiance/now husband and I knew in our first phone call with Evan he is an exceptional DJ and right choice for us. Following our wedding, we continue to talk about how much he helped make our wedding day so much fun and so memorable. We continue to hear from guests who proactively talk about the music, dancing and ask when can we do it again.

If you are on the fence about whether to have a DJ or who to hire, you need to chat with Evan ... do so and I suspect your confidence will go up and any angst over this element of your event will disappear. DJ Evan is truly the best.

Mel · Married on 12/07/2018

Total Pros and Kept the Dance Floor Packed

Brian Jones at MyDeejay was an amazing DJ at our wedding and we couldn't have been more thrilled! From our first conversation, Brian was very laid back and eager to hear what type of music we liked and disliked. MyDeejay had a great planning site where we could create playlists and provide details about announcements and toasts. Closer to the wedding we had another call with Brian to talk through the playlists and logistics, and he even offered various song suggestions for our reception entrance and cake cutting when we got stuck. Brian made sure the music for cocktail hour and dinner flowed and expertly kept the dance floor packed all night, playing a fantastic mix of songs that appealed to the wide age range and musical taste of all our guests.

• Meghan

Meghan Wolfe · Married on 11/24/2018

Professionalism and quality unparalleled, plus dancing all night!

It could not have been easier to work with Brian and MyDeejay on our wedding day. From their online system to their attentiveness and planning, the professionalism and quality of this company is unparalleled. After two conversations, Brian was able to customize a perfect playlist for the night that incorporated our favorites but also left room for requests and pleasant surprises. This team came highly recommended and we could not be happier with their contributions to our wedding day!

Meredith B · Married on 11/11/2018

Best wedding DJ ever!

DJ Jon Ryu creates the most amazing wedding playlist for us and our wedding guests, keeping all our guests—young and old—up and dancing all night, all while successfully weaving in our weird requests that ranged from doowop to our favorite theme songs!!!

Jon Ryu delivered everything we asked for and more. As we planned for the wedding reception, Jon Ryu spoke with us at length about our requests and what would work best at which times. Our only regret was that we didn’t have time to thank him personally during the wedding!

We also received many many compliments throughout the wedding reception about how it was the best playlist people had heard at a wedding.

That is all to say we would definitely recommend DJ Jon Ryu and MyDeejay to anyone looking to throw a great party.

Alisha · Married on 11/11/2018

Fantastic!

We had Anthony DJ our wedding. We loved how attentive, friendly, and flexible he was on the days leading up to the wedding. Day of we got nothing but compliments about him. He was wonderful to work with, and we absolutely recommend this company for anyone looking for an excellent DJ experience for their wedding.

• Kailee

Kailee · Married on 11/10/2018

Anthony from MyDeejay was the highlight of our wedding!

We cannot rave enough about Anthony from MyDeejay. My husband and I hired him for our Nov 10th wedding at the Daughters of the American Revolution in DC. We were so last minute with all of our requests and Anthony was kind, accommodating, professional, and patient with us. We gave him a list of our vision and he took it and made it his own in the best way possible.

We would highly recommend MyDeejay and most specifically Anthony! Our guests are still raving about how good his energy was and how good his music choices were-from the 70s to the 80s to the 90s as well as current music, Anthony read the crowd and knew when to shake things up based on the mood and vibe of my very diverse set of guests. Our wedding would not have been the same without Anthony so thank you for making our wedding reception absolutely perfect. The customer service from both Anthony and the MyDeejay team was top notch, we will be highly recommending them for social events to our friends and colleagues.

marina myers · Married on 11/10/2018

I love dj evan

I had the absolute best experience with MyDeejay. I got married in November. I was going to have a band but a month or so out we decided that a DJ was a better route. MyDeejay was so responsive, they hooked me up with DJ Evan so quickly and it was the perfect match. DJ Evan got me and knew exactly what I wanted. We had the best party and it was the most insane night and the DJ 10000% made it that way. Our dance floor was packed all night, and guests were trying to get Evan to stay to keep the party going (we had to leave the venue). I cannot thank DJ Evan enough. I promise you that you will have the most rockin' night of your life. Everyone is still talking about the bomb party we had and we are so, so happy with our decision to have DJ Evan!!!!!

• Bryon

Bryon · Married on 10/27/2018

DJ Anthony is fantastic!

We used DJ Anthony with MyDeejay for our wedding in NoVa this fall. He was super flexible and easy to work with, very knowledgable and listened to what we wanted regarding the style of music for our wedding, and did two detailed consultations with us prior to the day, so we knew we were in good hands. He helped accomodate some personal musical performances as well! Our guests were thrilled with the music. and we would definitely recommend DJ Anthony to anyone!

• Rachel

Rachel Dashoff · Married on 10/21/2018

Brian at MyDeeJay totally got us and what music we wanted!

We basically told Brian anything but jazz when he asked what our musical tastes were and yet the music at our wedding hit every note perfectly and we knew the words to every song he played. MyDeeJay's online system is so easy to use, contains so much music, and keeps everything in one place, too. We ended up putting something like four hours of music on the "play if possible list" and through getting to know us and the final prep call, Brian was able to pick just the right songs --some from the list and some not -- to play at just the right times. He was also so quick to respond and easily handled the instrumental covers we requested for use during the processional (which were the only music not in the system) with total ease, he even found us the perfect version of Hava Nagila for the Hora; there was no song we even thought about that he couldn't get his hands on. On top of his ability to match music to the sense of the room, great demeanor and responsiveness, and all around professionalism, he was also a perfect emcee, making sure everything and everyone was announced and went off on time.

Christine · Married on 10/20/2018

DJ Jon was awesome!

DJ Jon Ryu was fantastic. We were looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ who would be remembered for the awesome music and not the jokes and banter. That's exactly what we got. Working with Jon up to the wedding was smooth and seamless and multiple people came up to me over the course of the night and remarked how great the DJ was. I also loved how little direction we had to give him--you can tell he's done this many times before and knows what type of music to play when. Thanks Jon for a fantastic night, I'm so happy people danced it away!

Gail · Married on 10/14/2018

Fantastic Experience with MyDeejay

Friends of mine who used MyDeejay for their wedding gave me the vendor recommendation, and I'm SO glad I used them. MyDeejay was just great - Van was so communicative before the wedding, we had one really detailed phone call and a few emails before the big day and that was that. He asked all the right questions, let me make all my own playlists on Spotify and send them over to him, asked what are my "must play" songs...and the dance floor was packed all night. Completely stress-free. And Van was an awesome MC to boot! Highly recommend and a great value.

• Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing service from start to finish

I would recommend that everyone and anyone contract with My Deejay for their wedding. Evan Reitmeyer did a fantastic job - so many couples met me know that they had never been to a wedding where everyone was up dancing for the entire set. Evan also worked seamlessly with our caterer and coordinator to make sure that everything ran smoothly. I never had any worries or anxiety about the quality of his services. Beyond that, he is also just a great person and so wonderful to work with.

• Sara

Sara · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect from beginning to end

We were recommended to MyDeeJay by our wedding officiant. They were so easy to work with and professional from our first planning meeting to the end of the wedding. We took a planning questionnaire and were matched up with DJ Jon who was excited to take on our vision for our wedding. We had a couple phone meetings and communicated often via email. His setup for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception was so professionally done and the sound was perfect. He kept the party and dancing going all night long and the wedding vibe would not have been the same without him!

• Nini

Nini · Married on 10/12/2018

Awesome Deejay!

MyDeejay was very warmly recommended to us by our venue, and I am so happy we worked with them, and with Evan Reitmeyer in particular! The communication before the big day was really easy. We had a Skype call and we knew right away Evan Reitmeyer would be a great fit! The music and ambiance for our wedding was awesome and Evan worked around our very eclectic tastes perfectly! But he did more than that. He made sure to be able to pronounce my wedding party and family's name properly (we're French) for the introduction, he made sure we were ready for our first dance, he kept everybody on the dance floor and got my family dancing on some French tunes. He was very professional and super reliable, I totally trusted him to do an amazing job (which he did!)
    If you're looking for a great DJ to make your wedding memorable, don't look further!

Erin · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!

MyDeeJay was great to work with! We were paired with Anthony who was very professional and easygoing. You could tell he liked what he did! MyDeeJay and Anthony were both quick to respond to my emails. Anthony did a great job at our wedding. He played exactly what we wanted!

Gabby LaVerghetta · Married on 10/06/2018

Nonstop dancing!

DJ Van made plenty of time for us to meet before the event and did an awesome job keeping our dance floor busy the entire night! The My Deejay planning process was very transparent and customer friendly. From the small details - like taking extra time to make sure he was pronouncing everyone's name correctly - to getting people of all ages moving, including our 90-year-old uncle, Van was amazing! He also checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy with the playlist. We can't recommend DJ Van and My Deejay enough!

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Stress free and good times

We used Mydeejay and were matched with DJ Anthony Simpson and couldn’t have asked for a better experience. He was responsive, professional, totally receptive to our requests, and took the initiative to coordinate with our other vendors the day of. It was stress free, our guests were into the music and everyone (of all ages) had a great time on the dance floor, so would 100% recommend.

• Patricia

Patricia · Married on 09/22/2018

I first discovered and hired Evan through WeddingWire before he rejoined the company he founded, MyDeejay. My husband and I knew we didn’t want cliché wedding songs played as his family is Indian, mine is Brazilian, and we are very American and listen to mostly pop, hip hop, and EDM. We were immediately drawn to Evan and reached out to him because of how he described his personality and service on his website.

Evan responded immediately and we booked a Skype session with him shortly after. He proved to us that he was cool, organized, professional, experienced, and confident and we knew our wedding would be in good hands. We met with one other DJ company before hiring Evan, and the way he spoke about his competitor was nothing short of professional and supportive of their work and talent. This experience solidified our decision to hire Evan. Evan’s pricing for a 2018 wedding was clearly listed on his site and we paid $1800 in full (for a 10% discount).

A few weeks before our wedding, we filled out our ceremony and reception music requests, ‘must play’, ‘play if possible’, ‘do not play’ (ahem: Shout), and timeline details in our 'My Deejay' portal. This was quick and easy and we were able to provide YouTube/Spotify links to songs that were not readily available in the portal (ex. our ceremony music was instrumental covers).

The day of our wedding Evan CRUSHED it as we knew he would. Even though it was the first time we had met in person, I felt like we had known each other forever! Evan played instrumental covers of modern songs during our ceremony and cocktail hour, 90s pop throwbacks during dinner, and a good mix of throwback and current pop, hip hop, and EDM songs during our reception. The dance floor was packed all night and our friends described the playlist as “lit” - ha!

Thank you, Evan, for causing 0 stress throughout our year and 1/2 of planning and for killing it the night of! We would rehire you for another event in a heartbeat!

MyDeejay 14
    MyDeejay 15
    MyDeejay 16
    MyDeejay 17

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

We couldn't be happier with MyDeejay! DJ Van Petty made our wedding the best we could have imagined. The planning process was so easy and personal. Music was very important to us and DJ Van exceeded all our expectations. For weeks after our wedding we have had people complimenting our music choices and how awesome our dance floor was and it's all thanks to DJ Van Petty. Highly highly recommend!

Christopher · Married on 09/21/2018

My Deejay was wonderful to work with. They were quick to touch base, and we were truly happy to be paired with DJ Anthony. His professionalism and DJ skills did not disappoint. DJ Anthony was truly a pleasure to work with, as he took the time to contact us, and walk us through time-frames and song choices. He was available at all times, (phone and email) and was flawless. The sound equipment was excellent, and our wedding venue was laid out where he needed to set up his booth three different times in three different locations. He conducted this logistical challenge flawlessly, without ever missing a beat! Amy and I couldn't be happier. September 21, 2018 - Venue: Morais Vineyard

• Austin

Austin · Married on 09/21/2018

More than just a DJ

We had Evan Reitmeyer as our DJ for our wedding; to say that he received 5/5 stars would be the world's biggest understatement.

Starting off with just the basics; Evan did an amazing job as a DJ; he did a phenomenal job putting together the set, responding to changes in the schedule (last minute ones and all), coming over to check with us and ensuring the event went smoothly. He was a phenomenal MC, helping make announcements, with his amazing radio voice transitioning us from one part of the wedding to another, and we absolutely no instances of feedback, music blasting, or the wrong kind of song playing; his years of experience as a professional DJ shining through.

Starting to go with the above and beyond; Evan went out of his way to make sure the on-the-dress microphone for the ceremony wasn't even visible. Evan was also super flexible with special requests; We had a custom song for our event, as well as custom mixes for our first dance/parent's dance/groomsmen flash-mob dance. We had no issues with coordinating with Evan and he was super responsive and easy to work with.

And finally, the exceptional; When our florist and day-of coordinator bailed the day-of, Evan stepped in and ensured everything went smoothly; he took a copy of the schedule, made extra announcements, helped coordinate and cue the musicians, helped line up the guests, and greatly exceeded anything we could have hoped for.
    A vendor "just doing their job" could have done just that, staying behind the equipment and mixing playing the music, but Evan became a pillar of the event, supporting us, making sure everything was ok and pitching in any way he could.

Our wedding would not have been the event it was without Evan, and we would highly recommend him to anyone!

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

We loved working with Brian and the rest of the team at mydeejay. They made the planning process so easy! They have an online portal that allowed us to provide song requests, the timeline for the evening, and any other information we wanted to provide. Brian was fantastic to work with, and quickly got a sense of our music tastes. The day of the wedding, he arrived early and was extremely professional. Once the reception started, I don't think anyone left the dance floor. We wanted our wedding to be one big party and Brian really helped to contribute to that atmosphere.