MyDeejay Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Elena
    Elena G. Married on 07/02/2022

So Many Compliments

The very first thing I said to DJ Brian was I was going to be a chill bride for most of my wedding, but the music was the one thing I would be a bridezilla about. Music is very important to my family and friends groups, and I had a very clear playlist in mind for every part of the wedding that I wasn't willing to compromise.

I had talked with other DJs who didn't seem to understand my vision and tried to persuade me into a more traditional wedding reception, but Brian trusted my husband and me to make the playlist of our dreams. We requested a "Pop Punk Power Hour" for the last hour of our wedding, and the best man said it was the best hour of music that he had ever heard! We wanted a non stop dance party with songs we loved, and Brian provided that and more! I cannot give him enough compliments. A+
  • Elle
    Elle A. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dance Party of our dreams!

Evan was fantastic! Truly kept the party going and everyone was on the dance floor all night long. Thank you Evan for making our wedding the DANCE PARTY of our dreams!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Sarah H. Married on 06/25/2022

We loved DJ Van!

MyDeejay was great - they're really helpful and have plenty of experienced DJs. They will pair you with someone who matches your style and preferences. They matched us with DJ Van Petty, who was absolutely incredible. Van was so much fun! He got to know us (and my very opinionated family) on multiple video calls before the wedding and absolutely nailed it. He played a perfect mix of the songs we specifically requested and the right songs for the vibe. Multiple guests remarked that they couldn't remember going to a wedding that got so many people on the dance floor for so long. Van is the best, couldn't recommend him enough!
  • Emily
    Emily D. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10 DJ Chuck is The Best!

I absolutely loved working with MyDeejay - Chuck is AMAZING! He is so seasoned and professional! He made our night so special and played all of our favorite songs. Book MyDeejay for a seamless 10/10 DJ experience!
    Kara L. Married on 06/19/2022

Awesome, great vendor!

We had DJ Frank at our wedding and he was so great to work with…communication was so easy, he was on time, super professional and he gave us some great suggestions. Originally with our time line there wasn’t a ton of dancing time and he suggested some adjustments to give us more time, so glad he did that and we made the adjustments. From our first conversation I let him know that the music was super important to me and I really wanted to incorporate mine and my husband’s taste. He suggested I make play lists, which I did and had lots of fun doing. I chose songs and Frank was in charge of the order they were played. He used all of the playlists and did a really great job incorporating some of the requests from our family members. We were all on the dance floor non stop, it was so fun! Somehow he read my mind and played all of my most favorite songs in the perfect order. He also was able to take some pressure off by selecting our reception entrance song for us. It was a perfect choice. I would highly recommend My Deejay and DJ Frank!
  • Margaret
    Margaret V. Married on 06/17/2022

Dj van is amazing!

Having a great dance floor was a must for our wedding. DJ Van made that dream come true. He was easy to work with throughout the entire process, incredibly professional, a great MC, and most importantly had the dance floor going all night! Our guests had a large age range, and DJ Van knew just what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor. Each song was perfect, and so many people told us how much they loved the music — easy 5-star review.
    Jake M. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommend DJ Todd!

DJ Todd's attention to detail, flexibility, and knowledge was useful both in the planning and day of our wedding. He asked questions we hadn't thought of and provided useful suggestions based on his experience. On the day of the wedding itself, we had a couple delays and challenges that he handled expertly and kept everything running smoothly.

Most importantly, DJ Todd kept the dance floor going all night! We were thankful to have him in our corner.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful experience from start to finish

We had our wedding 5/21/22 and MyDeeJay was amazing to work with from start to finish. Brian was an incredible DJ who made the wedding flow smoothly and was great to work with during the planning process and the day of. I can’t say enough good things about the company and about Brian. Highly recommend if you want a great DJ, very professional.
  • Shannon
    Shannon M. Married on 05/14/2022

Awesome DJ Services!

Our MyDeejay DJ, Welvin, was super great. He came to the venue several days prior to the event to scope out the space and assess the best placement for the main sound system as well as a second sound system that he set up for speeches (which were done in another room). Also, when the piano player we hired to play the cocktail hour bailed at the last minute, Welvin came in early to be able to set up early and provided music for the cocktail hour. It was an extremely kind move.

The only thing that was a little strange is that My Deejay has a website in which you can choose songs you definitely want, songs you want if they have time, and songs you definitely don’t want. My husband and I took a decent amount of time to create these setlists. But the night of the wedding, I would say maybe…15% of these songs were played. Now, don’t get me wrong, Welvin was still awesome and kept the room moving, but it seemed strange to be asked to create a thing only to then have it mostly unused. We still really loved MyDeejay and DJ Weldon’s services! They have wonderful customer service and we’re even able to provide me with 16 up lights at the last minute. Highly recommend!
    Sarah P. Married on 05/08/2022

Dj brian is the best!

We hired DJ Brian Jones for our wedding and you should too!!! He's the absolute best. Just the nicest guy and he knows how to keep people dancing all night long. In addition to setting the perfect tone for the whole evening, he also helped us cut together a fun mash-up for our first dance song. We couldn't imagine a better person for the job - highly highly recommend!
  • Bev
    Bev A. Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fun wedding with Welvin Wong!

We are soooo grateful that Welvin Wong was able to handle a wedding on short notice when my daughter's DJ got covid at the last minute. Based on the wild and happy dancing, he did an outstanding job! He truly embodied grace under pressure to take this on so quickly and delivered a great experience for the happy couple! The two other things we noticed were his smooth transitions and subtle style. Some DJ's become their own center of attention, but Welvin kept the focus on the bride/groom and the party rather than himself.
  • Emily
    Emily W. Married on 04/09/2022

DJ Evan nailed it

DJ Evan was phenomenal and we had a great time!!

He totally understood what we were going for and made it happen.
    Elise Y. Married on 03/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DJ Evan brought the party to our reception!

I would absolutely recommend MyDeeJay's wedding services. The whole team was incredibly responsive and helpful from the start, and it was easy to get matched up with Evan Reitmeyer and sign the contracts needed. The company is great and easy to work with, and on top of that Evan is spectacular! He worked with us ahead of time to make a custom cut of our first dance song, and the version he created was exactly what we were looking for. Because he went above and beyond to help us, our first dance was even more perfect and magical! Evan has such a kind and fun personality. He took the time to talk with my husband and I to learn what our style was, what our guests would be comfortable with, and how to make our friends and family really dance. He was masterful in how he wove together songs to fit different age groups in our audience. He found a way to work in Toby Keith, Old Town Road, some classic oldies tunes, and Cascada in a seamless way. He is truly a master of his craft, and we loved every minute of our reception thanks in large part to Evan's work!
    Michelle H. Married on 03/26/2022

Fun dance floor!

We hired Brian Jones for our wedding and absolutely loved working with him. He was super easy going and very responsive, worked well with our specific music tastes, and was extremely nice and responsible the day of. He did a great mix of the music we wanted and got all our guests dancing. Thank you!
  • Laurie
    Laurie V. Married on 12/31/2021

Excellent!

I was a little nervous about going with a large DJ company (having seen some absolutely terrible wedding DJs in the past), but the team at MyDeeJay was absolutely wonderful to work with. We were paired up with a DJ at the beginning - who did a wonderful job walking through the plan with us and helping put together an absolutely incredible playlist. However, disaster struck the day before our wedding - our original DJ had COVID! Lucky for us, MyDeeJay was able to immediately find us a replacement, and our original DJ walked him through everything that we'd planned and provided him all of the notes he'd taken. The end result is that DJ Chuck absolutely crushed it at our wedding and helped us through the best NYE party for all of our guests. He even provided us with a spotify playlist afterwards that included all of the songs played (and in order!). I'm so glad we went with MyDeeJay, and that they were able to save us from potential disaster!
    Robyn B. Married on 12/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everyone had such a great time!

I booked Evan to DJ my wedding a couple weeks ago. He was fantastic! There’s such a nuance to knowing when to play which songs, and how to keep the guests on the dance floor. I was so impressed with how he was able to read the room the whole night and how he grouped and organized my song requests. One of my favorite moments was getting down to Alan Jackson, and Evan replayed one of the song’s verses, so I got an extra 45 seconds of dancing to Chattahoochee. Such a small thing but it elevated the experience!

Beyond that, the planning form that MyDeejay uses was super helpful. The UI might be a lil outdated, but the form is fully functional and covers all the details that you might forget to even think about. It was so easy too, because I was able to fill out the song requests and event details at my leisure over 2+ years of planning (thanks COVID!). By the time the wedding rolled around, we just had to schedule a quick phone call with Evan to go over the details. He had everything clearly in writing and it was super easy to ensure we were all on the same page.

I can’t recommend enough! Two weeks out and I’m still getting compliments on the reception playlist!
  • Kristen
    Kristen H. Married on 11/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They make it fun and easy!

We worked with DJ Van for our wedding reception. Throughout the whole process, Van was SO easy to work with. He made everything seem possible and easy, despite the fact he was working at our venue for the first time. We gave a list of about 100 songs - Van picked the perfect songs, and most impressively, the perfect ORDER of the songs, which had our guests dancing all night long. To quote one friend, "I kept waiting for a song where I could run to the bathroom, but I didn't want to miss anything".
  • Kelly
    Kelly B. Married on 11/06/2021

Incredible experience

We loved our experience with MyDeejay! They were super responsive, professional and very patient since I didn't really know what I was doing. Our DJ was Evan R and he was absolutely amazing. His voice is just made for this type of business! We truly enjoyed having him get the party started. We spoke with him multiple times over the phone. He reassured us he had everything handled, asked us specifics for what songs we'd like to hear. We didn't worry at all. He was awesome, thank you Evan and thank you MyDeeJay team!!!
    Julie K. Married on 10/15/2021

Amazing Job!

We used DJ Welvin Wong's services for our wedding and we couldn't of selected a better DJ for our big day! Starting with the planning process, Welvin was always super responsive and met with us several times to walk my husband and I through everything. He offered tons of suggestions for both the ceremony and reception whenever we were struggling to pick any music. He kept everyone out on the dance floor all night, and we couldn't have asked for anything more!
    Sarah D. Married on 10/03/2021

Evan is the MAN

My experience with MyDeejay was fantastic. They are extremely responsive over e-mail and calls and their online portal system really made things easy to select music for every aspect of the big day. I was late in turning in my online form, but Evan was right there to help me through it and select my music. The ceremony music went off perfectly, and he was in tune with my coordinator to make sure the timing was perfect. For the reception, he played the perfect mix of music to bring all generations to the dance floor. Everyone had a fantastic time and Evan had a huge part in that.
  • Julia
    Julia C. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DJ Brian Jones was great!

DJ Brian Jones of MyDeejay was definitely the MVP of our October 2021 wedding! He was great to work with from the start, willing to be as involved or as "out of the way" as we wanted him to be during the planning process and our wedding night. Brian and the entire MyDeejay staff were very thorough and responsive. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner went smoothly but the dancefloor was incredible! Brian read the crowd so well and kept the dancefloor packed all night long, we had multiple guests say to us throughout the night and for days and weeks after our wedding how awesome our DJ was, we agree! We had some unusual requests including Brazilian music and a western PA bridal dance and he rolled with the punches perfectly and made sure everything went off without a hitch. Hiring DJ Brian Jones will be the best decision you make for you wedding!!!
    Erin S. Married on 09/25/2021

DJ Chuck is the best

We are so happy we went with MyDeeJay. They were so professional throughout the preparation phase which put us at ease. At the reception, DJ Chuck did a fantastic job and kept everyone dancing the entire reception. So many people commented on how great he was. 10/10 recommend
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Evan was awesome!! We danced the night away!!!

I would highly recommend Evan! We had a dance heavy crowd at our wedding and we danced for hours straight! I got so many compliments on the DJ. Evan also handled our ceremony/cocktail hour music (everything was in a different location) and he was such a pro about set up, sound, etc. I just had to provide all the info for the night in a document and he ran with it. Also, the all inclusive pricing makes things so easy/straightforward. No nickel and diming. I would highly recommend this company!
  • Brian
    Brian G. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we could've expected from a DJ!

Easy planning, on-time arrival, setup without any hassle, played what we wanted and filled in with excellent choices! Thank you!
illustration stars