My Kitchen Restaurant Reviews

48 | Forest Hills, NY

48 Reviews for My Kitchen Restaurant

Stephanie Drakeford · Married on 10/05/2019

A Wedding to remember

My Husband and I just recently hosted a intimate wedding ceremony & reception at My Kitchen and we are still glowing from how beautifully everything turned out. I found My Kitchen searching for an intimate venue that was affordable with quality service & food. This place exceeded my expectations! I sure did luck out finding this venue ... Dhanny and Chef Joe did not disappoint, from the moment I met them I felt like family and they made my wedding day an unforgettable memory for my family & I. We will most definitely be hosting future events with My Kitchen. Thank you again Dhanny & Chef Joe xoxo

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel Carcana · Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing Wedding & Amazing Venue

My wife and I were married at My Kitchen on September 20th of this year and it was amazing. From our first meeting with Dhanny, my wife and I knew this was the place we would be getting married. We wanted to have a small ceremony and a reception (for roughly 50 people) and My Kitchen was able to accommodate both. We had our ceremony outside on the rear patio and then a beautiful reception inside. Dhanny was amazing, she set everything up inside and outside and helped us get our menu together with customized food options. My wife and I were planning on a budget and Dhanny was understanding and very helpful. We exchanged emails about decorations and menu ideas for weeks and Dhanny remained patient with us even though I know we drove her crazy. Our big day went off without a hitch and all of our guests had nothing but nice things to say about the venue, food and the atmosphere. My Kitchen is a venue that I would recommend without hesitation and I would definitely host another event here in the future. Thank you again to Dhanny, her husband and event staff for making our day one that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Vanessa River -Montolio · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing and Perfect

Everything was perfect about this place. We had a small wedding 53 ppl and everyone told me that this place was beautiful and it is. Dhanny was amazing she gives you the sense of ease that everything will be fine and it will be. If you want a place with amazing food amazing service and at a great price pick My kitchen ! You won’t regret it

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Anish

Anish D · Married on 08/10/2019

Just what we were looking for

We were married at MyKitchen in August this year and it was everything we hoped for! Dhanny is incredibly easy to work. She made the everything stress free. The food and service were excellent. And no one can beat the prices! We received some exorbitant prices for venues when we had started planning. At Mykitchen, we spent less than the cost to just rent the venue! The space is beautiful, especially the back patio.

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Tasmia

Tasmia Ahmed · Married on 02/22/2019

Exceeded our expectations

I was lucky enough to have stumbled across MyKitchen. My now-husband and I wanted a short engagement and gave ourselves 3 months to put together a wedding. We were also busy with work so time was severely limited. Dhanny made the whole process incredibly easy. She was communicative and understands how to plan and run a wedding. I basically handed the reins over to her. We used the City Hall Wedding Reception package which helped streamline planning and kept us to our budget. The package includes appetizers and a pre-fixed menu where you get to choose from various entrees and sides. My 65 guests were raving about the food. The only thing I needed to do were centerpieces and order the cake. She has many types of set-ups, tables, chairs, table linen, etc to choose from. Since Dhanny is familiar with many wedding vendors, she was able to recommend florists, bakeries, and officiants. The space itself looks elegant with dark hardwood floors and lots of natural light, there is also a beautiful patio (but our wedding was 2/22 so it was still a tad bit cold to have the ceremony outside). Day of the wedding, we could enjoy ourselves because Dhanny and her team were ensuring everything went off without a hitch. My husband and I are very grateful, and we definitely plan on having dinners and holding more special events at MyKitchen.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Anthony Lugo · Married on 12/15/2018

Wedding Planning and Venue

Dhanny and Chef Joe are truly the best. They helped us plan our wedding from start to finish and were patient throughout. It was truly a joy working with them. The service and food were terrific. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Alyssa Wilson · Married on 12/11/2018

Thank You My Kitchen! 💕

My Kitchen was suggested by a family member to me when I was in the process of looking for a venue. What I was looking for was a place that’s reasonably priced, but not cheap in quality. My Kitchen was able to offer that and more! The chefs are very welcoming, and accommodating. Chef Dhanny sat down with us to discuss what we wanted, and she also gave us suggestions. We went with the City Hall package, which in my opinion, was very practical. My reception was very small, because it was really just for family and relatives, but it turned out to be such a wonderful and memorable day. The food, oh my goodness, I don’t even know how to explain how amazing it was! Everything tasted excellent, and the portion size was also very good. I think it was well worth the money, and I’m so happy that I decided to go with My Kitchen.

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Eniko

Eniko Hardi · Married on 09/15/2018

Lovely, Sweet and Warm.

Oh what a fun and joyful wedding we had! It is been over 2 months and still getting positive feedback for our reception from our guests. It went so easy and carefree that I just want to live the day over again and again. The reception area is welcoming, clean beautiful and spacious and the backyard is enchanting with the trees and flowers perfect for any type of ceremony, and a pleasant cocktail hour with appetizers right after that. We had about 50 guests including us most of them with special needs children - I point this out because I had to make sure it will be safe for all. We went by family style and gosh that food! It was delicious! Chef Joe sure knows his craft! The salmon...that salmon became legendary in our circles. Dhanny helped me so much her recommendations of florist and DJ saved a lot of time for me. She is a true professional, very knowledgeable and makes you feel special. Besides professional help I can tell that I got all kind of other support specially when I felt so overwhelmed I just didn't know where to go how to start anything at all. For example it was difficult to chose the theme color because I LOVE colors and Dhanny tamed everything for me to a simple beautiful cute clean look. When I walked in for the first time .... I was in awe it looked so pretty! We also got the chance to take pics next door for our 1950's vibe thanks to Dhanny... and for that thankyouthankyouthankyou infinity!
    To be honest I picked My Kitchen 3 years ago based on pictures I have seen on another website. You can tell I did not rush. For me My Kitchen was love at first sight. And my love at first sight was the best choice we made to get married and party. Thank you Dhanny and Chef Joe for making that day of September 15th one of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Pooh · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful!

Dhanny and Chef Joe are warm, professional, affordable and the perfect option for a smaller, more intimate wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Idelkis

Idelkis · Married on 08/22/2018

Better than I could have planned....

I walked in My Kitchen based on the reviews i saw on here. I will be honest, out of all of the places i searched this is the one place i actually went to in person. When you drive up it looks like the outside of a restaurant, but once you enter it literally is like you walked into another world. I planned my wedding in less than a month, it was originally suppose to be just signing of paper but my mother wanted me to do a little more. I have never planned a wedding before but i chose to start here. I sincerely believe God lead me here. Dhanny is the sweetest person and genuinely cared about helping us. We didn't have anything, not flowers, nor cake. She suggested places to us and showed us ideas. She has an art at this and was truly helpful. The place is so beautiful. My wedding only had 40 guest, originally was suppose to be 25 but you know how people add on last minute, she was great with this, extremely helpful. The food was amazing omg. Her husband is the chef and omg the food was so good, one of my guests went up for food like 5 times (yes my husbands family still laughs about it). We chose to do buffet. We also chose not to assign seats since people switch seats anyways. Dhanny helped with the decor, she made it look so beautiful. she told me to get a few items and she would do the rest and she made it perfect. Honestly it looked amazing. We did the cocktail hour in the back outdoor area and it was awesome. the appetizers were so delicious. The bar had all kinds of liquor and delicious cocktails. I literally ordered things on amazon and she put everything together, even had my cake done down the block (yes the cake was so good) and didn't have to worry about having someone bring it since the place brings it for you. The florist a few doors away as well was awesome. Both were recommended by Dhanny. Its the perfect place for your wedding of different sizes. Ive seen her have different events there and they really make it fabulous. I think i would want to have my baby shower here once we decide to have kids because I've seen what she does for those as well. Trust me when i say, go look at the place for yourself, I certainly am glad i did.

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Keillen

Keillen · Married on 07/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We celebrated our wedding in My Kitchen. It was spectacular. The food was delicious, the service was above and beyond. And Dhanny made our day magical. She was amazing, she decorated the reception so beautiful, always attentive. The service of the staff was amazing. We had a great wedding. I highly recommend this place. It’s private, beautiful and had so much positive vibes. We had so much fun, our guests loved the place. Thanks Dhanny for everything, it was perfect!!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

jessica · Married on 06/21/2018

I planned my wedding in about 4 weeks and I have to say My Kitchen absolutely made my dreams come true! Dhanny was so sweet and so helpful with every detail. The place was amazing! It really is a hidden gem! My husband and I opted for the City Hall Wedding Package with about 36 of our closest friends and family. The set up was so intimate, the service was impeccable and Dhanny calmed every bit of any wedding jitters i had. She was able to help me pull this wedding off and have it look amazing! So affordable and so worth it!

My kitchen has a gorgeous space where I was able to have my ceremony outside. My friends and family absolutely loved the place and the food was amazing!!!! Everything about this place is well worth it! Especially if your looking for an intimate setting! I could have not asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Katherine · Married on 06/02/2018

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at My Kitchen. I can't even describe how grateful I am with the owners Dhanny and Joe. Dhanny was extremely helpful from the day I called to inquire about her place until even after my wedding. Dhanny went above and beyond, everything was perfect, the decorations were exactly what I had asked for, the food was delicious. My guests were happy. They all had nothing but good things to say about the venue, the food and the staff. No one never had an empty glass. The staff made sure everyone had something to drink at all times. I had guests telling me how impressed they were with the service. I'm very happy I found My Kitchen for our special day. Thank you so much for making our wedding day extra special!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Diane · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I just had our wedding at My Kitchen on 5/12/18. Dhanny and Chef Joe are amazing! From the moment I met Dhanny I knew I was in the right place and in the best hands. There was not a moment of stress or struggle for the venue or food as Dhanny and Joe had everything covered. I knew ibwouls not forget anything or leave anything out as Danny's checklist far exceeded mine. She even remembered things I didn't think of! I would have never been the stress free bride I was without her! All of my guests had an outstanding time and are raving over the food and stupendous service they received.
    Thank you to Dhanny and Chef Joe for making our dream wedding come true!!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Raven · Married on 04/27/2018

My Kitchen is AMAZING. Just had my wedding here on 4/27/18 and it was everything I could have ever asked for. Dhanny and Joe are great at what they do! They are both personable and genuine. From the moment I walked into the venue to view it and met with Dhanny I just knew everything would go as planned. The venue was decorated so beautifully, and Dhanny coordinated the events of the wedding perfectly! The food was delicious! Everything was perfect! I cannot thank you enough for a most memorable wedding at My Kitchen!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Christina · Married on 03/24/2018

Thanks to Dhanny and Chef Joe for making our wedding a memorable one. From the start, Dhanny was so warm and knowledgeable and guided us through the process, making planning within a short time frame soo much easier. Chef Joe can do no wrong as every dish that comes out of his kitchen is delicious! All of our guests raved about the food and ambiance of My Kitchen. It's a lovely, bright, warm space that was the perfect size for us. Some married couples even wished they had held their weddings there! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/31/2018

Amanda and Jonathan · Married on 03/11/2018

During and after our wedding, our guests kept saying how perfect everything was. That was due in large part to Dhanny, Chef Joe, and My Kitchen.

From the first inquiry email to the last goodbye on our wedding day, Dhanny was a breeze and a pleasure to work with as the event coordinator. She knows weddings, and she knows how to guide brides through the process. Dhanny provided us with many helpful ideas and good common-sense advice. She also made sure that everyone and everything moved along smoothly for the ceremony and reception.

The space is beautifully kept and perfect for a more intimate wedding or event. It is decorated in a clean neutral way that would work with almost any style, and it does not need a lot of extra decoration to make it pretty. All we really had to bring in were centerpieces/table accents. The reception package included chair covers and sashes as well as table runners.

We had our ceremony in the lovely backyard on a chilly but lovely day in March. Cocktails and dinner were inside, and our guests felt cozy and comfortable. Chef Joe’s hors d'oeuvres and dinner were a hit with the crowd. The servers were patient and professional.

As I hope is obvious at this point in the review, we highly recommend My Kitchen to any couple planning a wedding!

Thanks, Dhanny and Chef Joe, for helping us get off to a great start to our life together!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Leslie · Married on 03/09/2018

We recently had our wedding at My Kitchen on 03/09/2018. The wedding went perfect, it really went above anything we would’ve imagined. Dhanny, the event manager was amicable and helpful on our special day. From the moment we walked in to see the venue we feel in love and knew I could trust Dhanny with this important day. Her husband, Joe who is also the chef at My Kitchen was welcoming and made us feel comfortable.
    Dhanny was in constant communication with us in the 3 months that we planned it and helped us along the way with recommendations and ideas to make the night fit our personalities. Any time I had a question, I emailed/called and got a reply quickly.
    It was our first place we went to look at and we knew right there talking to Dhanny that this would be the place to celebrate with our family and friends. The room was bigger than expected we had a total of 62 guest, not including the vendors (Caricaturist/DJ/Buffet style) and everyone felt comfortable. We brought in our décor in the day before (center pieces, welcome sign, seating chart, seating name cards, card box, signs.. etc, It was alot) and the day of, everything was put together perfectly.
    We got appetizers for the guest for the 30-45 minutes until we arrived and by the time we arrived there was barley anything left, everyone loved it. We had buffet style serving, the food was ready, hot and tasted amazing! I received only great commentary from all the guest on how great the food was and how beautiful and together our wedding was.
    I can’t thank Dhanny, her team, My Kitchen for supporting/helping/allowing us to have this day that we will cherish forever. A+++

Sent on 03/30/2018

Tanya · Married on 11/03/2017

The venue itself is really nice & cozy, a perfect setting for our intimate outdoor to indoor wedding. It was set up beautifully thanks to Dhanny, who worked well with us & with the vendors. She also made sure there was a really good flow to the event & guided us with each step. The servers were friendly & professional, always going around making sure the guests had what they needed. Chef prepared a great meal!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Jason · Married on 09/09/2017

This place is freaking great.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Anna · Married on 08/26/2017

When I first found my kitchen, it was because my husband and I were looking for something affordable and close to home. When we walked in and got to meet Dhanny and joe, it was a done deal. We felt how genuine they both were in making our day exactly that, OURS. Not only did we find what we want, everything was exceptional and above expectations.

I was planning a wedding on my own and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to have my back. Dhanny had all the answers and was super supportive for what my vision was.

The day of or August wedding, I walked in and was left breathless. She had done an amazing job with the decor. The severs were attentive (I never didn't have a drink in hand), food was delicious, and the weather was perfect for my outdoor ceremony. I literally didn't have to worry about anything!

I highly recommend my kitchen for any of your events as well as for a dinner date night!

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Annie · Married on 07/01/2017

My now husband and I loved My Kitchen. Dhanny and Chef are amazing. We wanted a small event that still felt very much like a wedding. Dhanny was very helpful and her staff was amazing.
    The service was amazing. Very pretty, exactly what we wanted. Dhanny was so attentive. Every detail was setup just the way we wanted.

I can't wait to use this space again for another function.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Angel · Married on 06/11/2017

It was great working with Dhanny on planning our wedding. Dhanny is very responsive, accommodating, and thoughtful- she is always looking for ways to help and take things off my plate. In the end, she made our vision come true with the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Working with Dhanny probably made this wedding planning as stress-free as can be. Chef Joe also made some delicious and fresh food that we will go back to dine and enjoy one day again! We would definitely recommend My Kitchen- it's a great and flexible space for all sorts of events with a professional staff and delicious food.

Sent on 07/07/2017

N. · Married on 06/09/2017

This is THE place to book for your event. I booked this venue for my wedding ceremony and reception and they delivered the best OVERALL experience. When I initially met Dhanny in January 2017, I was clueless as to what I wanted and discussed having a small simple event with her. Although my event did turn out to be small as desired, it was anything but simple thanks to Dhanny and her services.
    My husband and I fell in love with My Kitchen the minute we walked in, so much so that we booked that same day. Dhanny greeted us like family since day one, and she provided my husband and me with endless guidance, priceless advice, and elite planning services throughout the entire process. She was always available via phone, email and even in-person to answer our questions and to discuss our vision.
    Fast forward to the day of our wedding, and the decor was like a fairytale. A dress rehearsal was never necessary as Dhanny prompted the entire wedding party as to when to walk; she even had staff to cue our selected songs. Furthermore, when our cake vendor failed to deliver our wedding cake as ordered, Dhanny came to the rescue. She put together a last minute cake decorated with the bridesmaid bouquet that was so gorgeous no one even knew that it was not the original cake.
    The outdoor space at My Kitchen made my wedding ceremony whimsical and the reception décor was elegant. Dhanny and her staff were attentive and kept us stress-free. She ensured that everyone had an exceptional time and that the flow of the wedding was seamless. The entire event felt special and the food prepared by Chef was DELICIOUS! Thank you My Kitchen, Dhanny & Chef!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

K · Married on 05/20/2017

Dhanny and Chef Joe surpassed our expectations for our event! Dhanny is a gem and is wonderful to work with. Not only did she capture our vision, she provided honesty and guidance at every step. Our guests were thoroughly impressed with the level of service and professionalism, and the quality of food provided by My Kitchen. We highly recommend My Kitchen to anyone looking to have a wonderful and intimate event!

Sent on 06/11/2017