MY DJ's Reviews

MY DJ's 6
MY DJ's 7

E Lusardi · Married on 01/26/2019

MY DJs are the best djs in San Diego

We found My DJ's San Diego at a wedding expo and their set up is what caught our eye right away! What we liked so much is how they created the whole experience/vibe; lighting, music, decor, Photo Booth, the whole package. DJ Earl was awesome! Very professional, easy to work with and did everything we asked for. Our whole planning process was under 6 months and DJ Earl was able to accommodate us and was patient with us along the way. He was familiar with our venue, came well prepared and had us and our guest dancing all night!!

MY DJ's 8

Sandy Im · Married on 01/19/2019

Earl for sure know what he is doing!

We found MY DJs on yelp and contacted them to see what services they provided. Once we know DJ Earl is available we set up a video conference to meet and greet. I especially like when Earl showed us how he would mixed different type of songs right in front of us, at the studio, during the video call!

Earl for sure know what he is doing! Our recessional song was spot on just at the right moment, did a great job getting our guests on the dance floor, and he just knows when to play what type of songs throughout the night (we had pop, 80s, slow songs, and some other random genre...LOL). Thank you Earl!! :) :)

La Shanae · Married on 11/23/2018

Hands down best DJ service

Israel aka “DJ Hot Chocolate”, was the best choice for my wedding! Initially I had a DJ booked through my venue, but decided to find my own DJ, it was the best decision I could of made. He is very entertaining, funny, professional, and knows how to get the party jumping from finish to start. He had everyone up on the dance floor, he interacted with my guest, he pretty much felt like family, that’s how much he fit right in with everyone. My wedding was a week ago, and people are still talking about how good Israel was. I will most definitely be booking again in the near future. Thanks again @Israel Florence.

Porschea Palmer · Married on 10/27/2018

Great service and professional

Great service from Dj .Bryan. After having a bad experience with another company this time around was a lucky charm. Dj arrived early, kept the crowd engaged and was great with kids. Thnx again mydjs for swift customer service and assisting all the way through.👍

MY DJ's 9
    MY DJ's 10
    MY DJ's 11
    MY DJ's 12
  • MARGARITA

MARGARITA · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome dj & staff

We met Earl Henry from MyDJs at the Bridal Bazaar in 2017 and he was the only DJ to stop what he was doing and do a demo for me right there and there. I needed a DJ that could go from a range of Mexican and Latino music to Classic Rock, Motown, and Bay Area, amongst others. He did so spectacularly, and many guests commented that the music flowed very well throughout the entire day. We also rented a Photo Booth from them and the attendant was courteous and professional. Earl and other staff at MyDJs were always in communication with us. From now on, I will go to MyDJs for any event requiring music!

• Amber

Amber · Married on 10/05/2018

DJ Hot Chocolate is the bomb!

We had a BLAST at our wedding with our DJ. He kept everything going and definitely kept it lively! He is so great and funny! Everyone loved him! Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great time on their wedding day!

• I

Izzy S · Married on 09/29/2018

Awesome DJ!

DJ Earl was awesome! Not only was he very professional and great to work with, but he went above and beyond to make our day truly special. From sound for the ceremony, being the MC, managing the slideshow and the dance floor, he was great!! I still have folks talking about how fun the music was and how they had a great time! If you’re looking for a great DJ who will make your wedding planning life easy, go with DJ Earl!

Andrea V · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Christian was the best DJ for our wedding!

DJ Christian was the best DJ for our wedding! We had a large hispanic wedding and kept the dancefloor alive. He played what we wanted and never was there not people dancing. Everything went as played and he was the perfect bilingual MC. Book Christian if you want organized and amazing music. He knows his stuff!

Vanessa · Married on 08/25/2018

Best DJ ever! We wanted a DJ who could mix hip-hop and latin music for our wedding. More than half of our playlist was latin music, and DJ Earl exceeded our expectations. He had everyone dancing all night and played all of the songs we loved. He was very professional and attentive to all details of the wedding to ensure it ran smoothly. We also rented the open-air photo booth and that was a hit too. Great picture quality and lots of props which made it extra fun for our guests. Thanks again for making our night fun and memorable!

Gabby · Married on 07/22/2018

We hired DJ Israel Florence aka DJ Hot Chocolate for our wedding and he was fantastic! Once he played for us in the demo room at the San Marcos studio, we knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding! He was very thorough, followed our detailed timeline flawlessly, and had fun right alongside us. He made our wedding lively and entertaining with his upbeat personality. He played all of the songs on our playlist - 50s, 60s, 70s, latin, pop, top 40 - and made sure our guests were having a good time. He even brought his selfie stick and took some great videos on the dance floor. We had so much fun at our wedding in large part thanks to him. Do not hesitate to hire DJ Hot Chocolate - he will not disappoint! We love you, DJ Hot Chocolate!

Marie · Married on 07/08/2018

My DJs is always a pleasure tomwork with! not only are they professional but they have superb customer service. They always go above and beyound at every event and really know how to make the event memorable! I would reconmend My DJs to everyone

Regina G · Married on 06/27/2018

MyDJs was by far one of the most professional!

DJ Israel Florence, aka "DJ Hot Chocolate," was OUTSTANDING. He kept our party going, and chose all of the appropriate music for our very diverse crowd. Everyone, from my very traditional Asian family, to my husband's international friends (from France), to our coworkers and friends who are local to here, enjoyed the party, and at one point, I would say that 90% of our attendees were on the dance floor partying it up! Mind you, this crowd was a hard-to-please, quiet crowd, that I would say are quiet 99% of the time--but you would've never guessed it from that night, because DJ Hot Chocolate got the crowd moving and brought out that 1% of wild, crazy fun from our attendees! I can honestly say that I've never attended a wedding as crazy, fun, loud, and memorable as this one--and I'm just glad that this was MY wedding!
    Everything, from the DJ hyping up the crowd, to our first dance music, to the ceremony songs, to the Cupid Shuffle (!!! most fun!!!), was executed perfectly. From beginning to end, DJ Hot Chocolate really took the driver's seat and steered the wheel, leaving absolutely nothing for my husband and I to worry about. We were able to dance the night away and have fun with our friends.
    Best of all, DJ Hot Chocolate is warm, friendly, personable, and really cares about you before, during, AND after the wedding. Our guests complimented the song choices over and over again, and loved the music and the PHOTOBOOTH!
    Earl Henry was also a pleasure to work with, and was easy to talk to and professional when it came to setting up our contract for the DJ, uplights, and photobooth.
    We had a diverse group of vendors, some that were good, and some that were awful, but MyDJs was by far one of the most professional and AMAZING vendors we worked with. We are thankful they made our night a night to remember!

Lexi · Married on 05/20/2018

Earl was our DJ and he really knew how to read our crowd! He really helped everything move along smoothly and was able to accommodate last minute changes. He was so understanding and responsive to all of our wants and needs. Thank you so much for helping make our day a ton of fun!

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

We had DJ Earl for our May wedding, he was awesome!!! We had to plan our wedding from a different state, Earl is flexible and professional, communication was very easy during the whole process. We liked their online planning tool that was very helpful with the event timeline, song selections, even the exact uplight color of our choice, and photobooth template. His music selection was excellent, he also gave us timing recommendations on our “must play” songs, we loved all the songs that he played at our wedding. Everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. Thanks Earl!

Kristin · Married on 04/29/2018

DJ. Earl literally ran our ceremony, cocktail music and the entire reception like no other. Our venue forgot to turn our uprights on, put our photo booth in a non visible place and created a few other issues that Earl stepped up and helped on. My husband and I are nervous dancers and he had us on the floor the entire time. Everyone including my dad raved about his skills. He's not afraid to get involved when he sees something happening and knows how to make it a real party. I loved that he showed up in a classic maroon tux too! He just looked, acted and felt the part. Not because he was acting but because you can tell he loves what he does! I would recommend this company to everyone!

MY DJ's 13

Kim · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I were looking for the right energy in an emcee and DJ for our big wedding day and immediately felt comfortable with Earl (Owner) at My DJ's. When we met with him at his office in San Marcos he was understanding of what we were looking for and even had a demo room so we could get a sense for how he would be on our day. He has an online form where we were able to input the songs we wanted for the various parts of the wedding, which was super helpful in ensuring my husband and I were setting the vibe that we wanted. Other than a few "must play" and "don't play" songs, we left all of the cocktail hour, dinner hour, and dancing song selections to Earl. DJ Earl was a true professional; our wedding was executed flawlessly thanks to his great emcee skills. His equipment was top notch including the uplighting that he set up to build the mood for our setting at the Martin Johnson House in La Jolla. We also rented an open air photo booth through MY DJ's and our guests loved it! Thanks again for everything My DJ's and DJ Earl! You knocked it out of the park!

Gretchen · Married on 02/16/2018

DJ Earl made our wedding day so much fun and all the guests were raving about his song choices. What I particularly liked was how he made sure to check, re-check, and check again about song choices, dances, etc. He was also very approachable and all the aunties loved him. DJ Earl and MyDJ’s in general are top notch!

Alisha · Married on 01/27/2018

I will always use this company for events going forward!! Israel (dark chocolate) was fun & energetic. Kept the crowd going all night!! He even played kids songs to entertain them so the adults could eat dinner. My family & friends are still talking about how much fun they all had at the wedding!! Thank you for an amazing time!!

MY DJ's 14

Malinda · Married on 11/10/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!! DJ Earl was so professional and fun!!! You can tell he has a lot of experience! He was able to make the perfect combination of music for us and our guest while making sure everyone is having a good time! He took it upon himself to make sure things were on time. Im so thankful for DJ Earl I would recommend him any day!!

Holly · Married on 11/04/2017

My DJs is a sure bet when you're looking for a DJ! Earl is as experienced as they come and can get the party going like no other. He is a lot of fun, plays the right mix for the crowd, and is an excellent MC. His is very easy to work with and has a wealth of information on all things wedding that he is able to share. But not only that, he is extremely professional and easily accessible during the planning process. I highly highly recommend Earl & My DJs! You will not be disappointed.

sandy · Married on 10/21/2017

My client introduced me to Earl for her wedding this past August. He was very professional and over the top helpful with everything. I will 100% be recommending him to future clients- thank you so much for everything!!!

catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

Planning a wedding when you're out of state can be very stressful; however, My DJ's and DJ Anthony Kings melted that stress away. Weeks leading up to the wedding, I would receive text messages from DJ Tony seeing how we were doing and ensuring to trust in them to have the wedding go smoothly. Guests loved the music ,the DJ interaction and the photobooth. Thank you again for making our wedding everything we wished it would be!

• F

Felicia · Married on 09/23/2017

We had Danny Aon as our DJ and he was awesome! He was very helpful and gave us good ideas for the ceremony and the reception during our wedding preparation. MyDJ also provided us with a website where we could login, list our music preferences, attach some notes on the songs that we picked, specify timeline and others details, which was very useful to get us organized. DJ Danny did a great job following everything that we specified on the website. He also made the transitions very smooth from song to song. It was a very fun wedding celebration and everyone had a great time :D
    Danny also sent us several great photos that he took a couple days after the wedding. Thanks Danny!

Heather · Married on 09/18/2017

My DJs is the best company I have ever hired!! DJ Earl is the owner, and he is amazing. His attention to detail is outstanding, and his talent is remarkable. He loves what he does, and it shows!! I highly recommend My DJs. Call them for your next event!!!!!!

Rachael · Married on 08/18/2017

DJ Earl FOR THE WIN!!!!

I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to event music because it's such an important element for setting the right vibe. Unfortunately, so many DJs just don't get it right and it can leave a wedding feeling less amazing than it could have with the right music. With that said, Earl is probably the best DJ that I've ever experienced at a wedding or anywhere else for that matter.

My husband and I met with a few other DJs before meeting with Earl and left feeling underwhelmed after each meeting. I can't lie...when we went to My DJs' office in San Marcos we were a little bit skeptical based on the exterior (this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!). Their office is located in an older business park, but once you're inside you COMPLETELY forget where you are. Earl brought us in, sat us down in the front office, and conversed with us to get a feel for the styles of music that we like and the vibe that we were looking for for our wedding. Once he felt like he had enough info, he asked us to stay in the front office for a minute while he got the studio ready...

A few minutes later he called us to the back area, which they have set up as a mock-venue area complete with a mini dance floor! He had us take a seat and he headed into the hidden DJ booth to give us a sample of what he would do at our wedding. Oh. My. Gosh. From the first mix/transition that he did, my husband and I were both bobbing our heads and smiling. We share a pretty eclectic taste in music, yet Earl was mixing the genres and styles and made them sound like they all belonged together. A few songs in I actually started getting choked up because I was picturing our guests dancing to all of the tunes he was playing at our reception.

Earl is an truly an expert and will make your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception EVERYTHING you want it to be!!! My DJs also provided our Photo Booth and uploaded all of the images online! Love them!!!