94 Reviews for MY DJ's

One Event Per Day (8)
Photobooth (6)
Liability Insurance (3)
94 MY DJ's Reviews

Earl was our DJ and he really knew how to read our crowd! He really helped everything move along smoothly and was able to accommodate last minute changes. He was so understanding and responsive to all of our wants and needs. Thank you so much for helping make our day a ton of fun!

Profile Picture Lexi, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had DJ Earl for our May wedding, he was awesome!!! We had to plan our wedding from a different state, Earl is flexible and professional, communication was very easy during the whole process. We liked their online planning tool that was very helpful with the event timeline, song selections, even the exact uplight color of our choice, and photobooth template. His music selection was excellent, he also gave us timing recommendations on our “must play” songs, we loved all the songs that he played at our wedding. Everything went smoothly and was exactly what we wanted. Thanks Earl!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ. Earl literally ran our ceremony, cocktail music and the entire reception like no other. Our venue forgot to turn our uprights on, put our photo booth in a non visible place and created a few other issues that Earl stepped up and helped on. My husband and I are nervous dancers and he had us on the floor the entire time. Everyone including my dad raved about his skills. He's not afraid to get involved when he sees something happening and knows how to make it a real party. I loved that he showed up in a classic maroon tux too! He just looked, acted and felt the part. Not because he was acting but because you can tell he loves what he does! I would recommend this company to everyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were looking for the right energy in an emcee and DJ for our big wedding day and immediately felt comfortable with Earl (Owner) at My DJ's. When we met with him at his office in San Marcos he was understanding of what we were looking for and even had a demo room so we could get a sense for how he would be on our day. He has an online form where we were able to input the songs we wanted for the various parts of the wedding, which was super helpful in ensuring my husband and I were setting the vibe that we wanted. Other than a few "must play" and "don't play" songs, we left all of the cocktail hour, dinner hour, and dancing song selections to Earl. DJ Earl was a true professional; our wedding was executed flawlessly thanks to his great emcee skills. His equipment was top notch including the uplighting that he set up to build the mood for our setting at the Martin Johnson House in La Jolla. We also rented an open air photo booth through MY DJ's and our guests loved it! Thanks again for everything My DJ's and DJ Earl! You knocked it out of the park!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Earl made our wedding day so much fun and all the guests were raving about his song choices. What I particularly liked was how he made sure to check, re-check, and check again about song choices, dances, etc. He was also very approachable and all the aunties loved him. DJ Earl and MyDJ’s in general are top notch!

Profile Picture Gretchen, 2/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I will always use this company for events going forward!! Israel (dark chocolate) was fun & energetic. Kept the crowd going all night!! He even played kids songs to entertain them so the adults could eat dinner. My family & friends are still talking about how much fun they all had at the wedding!! Thank you for an amazing time!!

Profile Picture Alisha, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!! DJ Earl was so professional and fun!!! You can tell he has a lot of experience! He was able to make the perfect combination of music for us and our guest while making sure everyone is having a good time! He took it upon himself to make sure things were on time. Im so thankful for DJ Earl I would recommend him any day!!

Profile Picture Malinda, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My DJs is a sure bet when you're looking for a DJ! Earl is as experienced as they come and can get the party going like no other. He is a lot of fun, plays the right mix for the crowd, and is an excellent MC. His is very easy to work with and has a wealth of information on all things wedding that he is able to share. But not only that, he is extremely professional and easily accessible during the planning process. I highly highly recommend Earl & My DJs! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Holly, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Planning a wedding when you're out of state can be very stressful; however, My DJ's and DJ Anthony Kings melted that stress away. Weeks leading up to the wedding, I would receive text messages from DJ Tony seeing how we were doing and ensuring to trust in them to have the wedding go smoothly. Guests loved the music ,the DJ interaction and the photobooth. Thank you again for making our wedding everything we wished it would be!

Profile Picture catherine, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Danny Aon as our DJ and he was awesome! He was very helpful and gave us good ideas for the ceremony and the reception during our wedding preparation. MyDJ also provided us with a website where we could login, list our music preferences, attach some notes on the songs that we picked, specify timeline and others details, which was very useful to get us organized. DJ Danny did a great job following everything that we specified on the website. He also made the transitions very smooth from song to song. It was a very fun wedding celebration and everyone had a great time :D
Danny also sent us several great photos that he took a couple days after the wedding. Thanks Danny!

Profile Picture Felicia, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My DJs is the best company I have ever hired!! DJ Earl is the owner, and he is amazing. His attention to detail is outstanding, and his talent is remarkable. He loves what he does, and it shows!! I highly recommend My DJs. Call them for your next event!!!!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/18/17, 1 Review

DJ Earl FOR THE WIN!!!!

I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to event music because it's such an important element for setting the right vibe. Unfortunately, so many DJs just don't get it right and it can leave a wedding feeling less amazing than it could have with the right music. With that said, Earl is probably the best DJ that I've ever experienced at a wedding or anywhere else for that matter.

My husband and I met with a few other DJs before meeting with Earl and left feeling underwhelmed after each meeting. I can't lie...when we went to My DJs' office in San Marcos we were a little bit skeptical based on the exterior (this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!). Their office is located in an older business park, but once you're inside you COMPLETELY forget where you are. Earl brought us in, sat us down in the front office, and conversed with us to get a feel for the styles of music that we like and the vibe that we were looking for for our wedding. Once he felt like he had enough info, he asked us to stay in the front office for a minute while he got the studio ready...

A few minutes later he called us to the back area, which they have set up as a mock-venue area complete with a mini dance floor! He had us take a seat and he headed into the hidden DJ booth to give us a sample of what he would do at our wedding. Oh. My. Gosh. From the first mix/transition that he did, my husband and I were both bobbing our heads and smiling. We share a pretty eclectic taste in music, yet Earl was mixing the genres and styles and made them sound like they all belonged together. A few songs in I actually started getting choked up because I was picturing our guests dancing to all of the tunes he was playing at our reception.

Earl is an truly an expert and will make your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception EVERYTHING you want it to be!!! My DJs also provided our Photo Booth and uploaded all of the images online! Love them!!!

Profile Picture Rachael, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Earl was one of the best wedding decisions I made. He made everything so simple, and followed through on everything promised. I found him to be hundreds of dollars cheaper than any other San Diego DJ's and still fully committed to providing professional top-notch DJ services. In addition to DJ services, we also rented the AV projector system for a slideshow, a tree light for dancefloor lighting, the photobooth, and remote DJ services at our ceremony site to have mic and music capability at the beach. DJ Earl was on time for set-up, provided assistants at no charge to me, and all services ran incredibly smoothly. I found DJ Earl and all of his MyDJ employees to be polite, professional, and genuinely good people to work with and would HIGHLY reccommend them to anyone looking for a wedding or event DJ. Thank you again Earl!

Profile Picture Brianna, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was Earl Henry. He was fantastic! Super flexible, very accommodating and professional. Hopefully I won't be getting married again but if I do, I'd want to book My DJs again. In addition to the great music which my guests couldn't stop talking about, his staff also took some pics which was a very cool touch!

Profile Picture User6605140, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used My DJs for our recent wedding. There were a few hiccups but nothing that was a deal breaker, just a lack of communication on all our parts. I would still highly recommend Earl and My DJs. The ceremony music was perfectly timed and the just the right volume. The uplights and monogram were a beautiful touch and so worth it! Overall we had people on the dance all night long! A great success!

Profile Picture Steph, 4/1/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Deondre Essex with My DJ's for our October 2016 wedding and WOW! Deondre is AMAZING! It's almost impossible to put into words how fantastic he was. I knew I wanted to include Country Line Dancing at our wedding and I wasn't sure I'd be able to find a DJ that could incorporate that with the rest of the music at the wedding. The first time we met Deondre and discussed our music tastes he seemed to understand right away what we were going for and what we liked (and didn't like). He did a demo for us at the very first meeting and he picked all songs my then-fiance and I loved to dance to without us even telling him. We were impressed right away and knew we had to have him!

The day of the wedding Deondre did all our music (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) and it all went absolutely perfect. He incorporated all the line dancing songs perfectly and even came out on the floor to teach a couple he knew for all the guests. He kept the dance floor packed until 11PM and I'm sure he could have kept the party going all night! I was so blown away with the care and attention he showed for our big day. He is an extremely talented DJ and just so nice and funny and just a joy to be around. I can't wait for some of my friends get married soon so I can tell them to choose Deondre!

Profile Picture Emma, 10/7/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Deondre was our DJ, and he was incredible! His music selection and mixing were excellent, but even better was his ability to connect with our guests and to help with any issues that needed coordinating. We decided not to use a wedding planner, and it wouldn't have been nearly as smooth had Deondre not been there. He is professional, positive, and a great person... I'd highly recommend him to anybody!!!

Profile Picture Nick, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

"That was the best wedding DJ ever!" "I loved how the music wasn't generic." "He totally mixed old school and new stuff perfectly." "We danced our faces off." These are just a few of the awesome comments we got from guests at our wedding. Our goal for our wedding was to have the best party ever and because of Deondre and My DJs we had just that. Not only did he know what to play and when to play it to keep the party going, he was really great about making sure we got through our timeline without it feeling rushed or dragging. From the moment we met with Deondre, it wasn't even a question (after him we didn't even bid it out to anyone else). He took us through the whole process and then did an amazing on the spot 5 minute mix of our favorite artists that was effortless and awesome. We were totally sold. The whole company is so professional and has the best equipment and features for the money. Deondre was super responsive from the get-go and great about being our collaborator in designing our reception. His ability to combine old school hip hop with top 40s with classic jazz at all the right times was amazing. He definitely helped us with the preparation and planning but then made sure that during the night the only thing we worried about was having fun. We were so impressed and happy with the quality of our DJ and everything he and My DJs did to make sure we had the best wedding ever.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

Hands down the best DJ in town! We LOVED My DJ's and Deondre did a phenomenal job at our wedding :)
He was professional, attentive to all the details, always checking in with us, played exactly what we wanted (and we had a ton of requests!), and was all around FUN! We also used the photo booth which was a fantastic idea!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/29/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Earl "Swoll" Henry for our July 23rd wedding at Twin Oaks Golf Course. We spent a lot of time researching DJs in the San Diego area and were really impressed by all of the great reviews that My DJ's has received. We scheduled an appointment where we met DJ Earl, went over the feeling of our wedding, and were treated to an example of his work. We signed a contract on the spot. We loved how My DJ's runs their client website- you can enter in every single song you want played! Their website is so easy to use and really helped calm our nerves. DJ Earl and his team were really easy to get in contact with during our planning phase. They answered any question we had.

DJ Earl showed up early and was set up well ahead of time! He played every song we requested and really got a feel for what music people were enjoying and played more of it. He was so involved in getting the crowd out onto the dance floor- we had a packed dance floor the entire night! And what I was even more appreciate of, was how well he kept our entire wedding on schedule. He was on time with every announcement and transition into different events. Dj Earl was amazing. I will recommend him to every friend, family member and acquaintance who needs a DJ.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I had DJ Earl at our wedding, and he went above and beyond to make sure that our guests were having a great time, and he even stepped up as a day-of wedding coordinator. He made our wedding day truly unforgettable, and his flexibility and expertise helped us have an amazing wedding for our guests. Please don't look any further, you will not find better service and dedication to clients than with MyDJs!!

Profile Picture Gloria, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Earl was our DJ/MC for our wedding in San Diego. He was fantastic! He played all of the songs we requested. The company has a website that is easy to use for planning and he helped complete anything we were unsure about. He and Gerrilyn (assistant) were very professional and attentive. He kept my wedding running smoothly and dealt with quick decisions easily without making things seem awkward (e.g. last minute changes to announcements, speeches, trouble with venue staff). I highly recommend him for your next event.

Profile Picture Sherry, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

MY DJs was such a fantastic company to work with! After choosing Dj Deondre Essex to spin at our wedding, we were able to set up Skype meetings to get better acquainted and discuss our first thoughts/ideas for our big day (which was really convenient considering we live out of state)! Our first visit to their office space was awesome! They have a big room in the back where Deondre mixed/spun a bunch of our favorite genres of music, and went over all the different extras the company had to offer (lighting, photo booths, projections etc). He put on a little show for us :) We ultimately chose to work with MY DJs because of their easy-to-navigate website. They have a program that allows users to build a perfect song list, including specifics for special dances, reception and cocktail hour tunes, and even a section for "songs NOT to play" at any time. They were VERY detail oriented and professional! When it came to the day of, Deondre made sure EVERYTHING went smoothly! From setting up our officiant with a microphone, to reception songs, announcements and getting our guests up to boogie, we couldn't have asked for a better MC! I hate to admit it, but I had put off finishing our song selections list till just DAYS before our wedding, and yet Deondre worked with what we had given him and killed it! He fed off the reactions of my husband and I, as well as our guests, playing one amazing song after another! He was extremely personable and fun, yet professional and focused! He played a key role in making our special day a success! And to top it all off, they were VERY reasonably priced! If you choose to book DJ Deondre Essex for your special event, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Thanks so much MY DJs!

Profile Picture Christina, 3/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Deondre from My DJ’s for our wedding on 3-25-16. Deondre met all of our needs and more. First he was extremely professional, always getting back to us in a timely manner and answering all of our questions during the pre-wedding madness.

On the day of, he was on time, dressed for the theme, and set up early. He also coordinated with the live saxophonist we had, arranged all the audio with him and the ceremony went off with out a hitch. During the reception, he was on top of everything, following the timeline to a T. He was fun and engaging as an MC, and an amazing DJ. He played everything we wanted and nothing we didn’t. Everyone we had there commented on how amazing he was and one of our professional friends is already planning to use him for an event. I would highly recommend him for any DJ/MC needs for any type of event.

Profile Picture Chtoya, 3/25/16, 4 Reviews