My Daughter's Cakes Reviews

My Daughter's Cakes 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Pope · Married on 08/05/2019

An amazing cake!

Our cake was beautiful! Denise took our ideas, inspirations and elements of our wedding and incorporated them beautifully into our beautiful cake!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    My Daughter's Cakes 8
  • Nicole

Nicole Montoro · Married on 07/30/2019

Excellent!!

Denise and her team are the absolute best! Denise is truly an artist who designed our beautiful wedding cake. She informed us a wedding cake shouldn’t just be a wedding cake, it should be a representation of the couple. This is so true! You can truly tell and taste when Denise makes the cake rather than a regular bakery cake. Denise designed us a wedding cake which matched my wedding gown, it had our monogram (which was on our wedding invitation, wedding programs, menus and favors), also the flowers on the wedding cake matched our centerpieces. This tied everything together. Denise has a wide variety of different cakes and fillings. Some cake flavors are chocolate cabernet, chocolate chip, lemon and more. She has fillings such as, s’mores, Reese’s pieces, lemon with raspberry, passion fruit and much more. All of Denise’s cakes and fillings are amazing! She was also a pleasure to work with. Denise quickly responded to emails or Direct Messages. We were able to meet, discuss and have two cake tastings. We highly recommend that you have Denise and her team at My Daughter’s Cakes create your personalized, beautiful and delicious wedding cake!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    My Daughter's Cakes 9
    My Daughter's Cakes 10
    My Daughter's Cakes 11
    My Daughter's Cakes 12
  • Laura

Laura Paprota · Married on 03/21/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

We can not thank Denise enough! It was such a pleasure working with her right from the start. She took the time to talk to us during our tasting, going over all the selections, not to mention the six delicious cakes and filling to compliment each slice, that we chose. Denise and her team truly went above and beyond. They created such a gorgeous five tier wedding cake for us! Each tier was a different flavor so the guests had a variety! Each tier was separated by her handmade sugar flowers which are seriously to die for!! They are so life like, her flower work was what drew me to her in the first place. She took the time to coordinate the sugar flowers, with the flowers that were used in our wedding, along with, hand piping the whole cake to match the lace pattern that was on my dress! Everyone loved the cake, it was a true show stopper! Our guests couldn't get over how moist and delicious it was! Denise also made our wedding favors, mini cakes topped with little donuts, sugar cookies, and meringues. They were just as gorgeous and delicious as our cake! We highly recommend My Daughter's Cakes and will most definitely be going back to Denise for any cake we need!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    My Daughter's Cakes 17
    My Daughter's Cakes 18
    My Daughter's Cakes 19

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Laura, on behalf of Susan and I, thank you beyond words for your beautiful review. It was so wonderful to work with you and your mom to custom design your wedding cake with favors that complimented it, too. Your cake was a showstopper! I am so honored to have worked with you and can't wait to do so in the future. Denise.
  • Danielle

Danielle and Denis Moore · Married on 10/28/2018

Pure Bliss

Denise is absolutely amazing! The most professional vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding process. We are so excited to enjoy our cake topper at our one year anniversary this year! We would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone. I look forward to the next occasion we have to order a cake from My Daughter’s Cakes. Delicious AND gorgeous.

Sent on 07/24/2019

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Awww!! I had so much fun working with you and Denis! And I truly had a wonderful time with your parents, as well. I am so thrilled that you found us. I was just thinking of you today as I was looking to post your fall wedding cake for the upcoming season!! Hugs to you both. Denise.

Gail Taylor · Married on 09/28/2018

Exceptional Quality

Our cake was exactly as we imagined and even more. We had an idea of what we wanted and the cake not only looked beautiful, stunning, but tasted amazing!!!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    My Daughter's Cakes 20

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Gail - thank you so much! It was so wonderful to meet you and work with you on your gorgeous and delicious cake!! Hugs, Denise.

Mams · Married on 08/25/2018

Fabulous!!

We used My Daughter's Cakes for not one, but two weddings! The cakes were different but each one was both gorgeous and delicious. Denise worked with us to incorporate an antique wedding topper on to a Fall themed cake, and the result was incredible. Denise was also able to use different flavors of cake and icing for each of the three tiers of each cake. So we got to have six different flavors of cake and 6 icings. It was amazing. We cannot recommend My Daughter's Cakes highly enough!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    My Daughter's Cakes 21
    My Daughter's Cakes 22

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience! It was so much fun to work with you on both weddings. The antique topper was so beautiful on the second cake. Thank you for your very sweet words. I can't wait until next time! Hugs, Denise.
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2018

Perfect in every way

I was so happy that Denise and her team took on the challenge of making our geode wedding cake. She was completely open to the design and flavor combinations. We could not have been happier with the outcome!

Sent on 12/11/2018

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Jenna, thank you so much! I loved working with you to create a new flavor and we're so glad it was a hit - along with the very cool design of your wedding cake!

Lucia · Married on 08/08/2018

Denise was great, she went above and beyond our expectations. Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning and tasted great. We loved working with her.

Sent on 08/10/2018
    My Daughter's Cakes 23

A.buttitta · Married on 06/24/2018

Absolutely amazing 😍

We can not thank Denise enough for our beautiful cake at our wedding. The cake was moist, fresh and so delicious I had everyone talking. I also had 4 different flavors in my cake but that’s the point to keep eating it and not leave a bit of it.
    We can not wait for to have other celebration in our family so we can return and have Denise make us a cake again.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    My Daughter's Cakes 24
    My Daughter's Cakes 25
  • I

Ira · Married on 02/03/2018

One of the best cakes I’ve ever had! The quality was phenomenal! My sister (the bride) was super happy with everything- how the cake looked and tasted! Her new husband loved the chocolate! I was really happy with the whole service- Denise was so accommodating and lovely from the start to finish. The cake arrived on time and it was beautiful! Not only the main cake was awesome but the additional cakes for the guests were great too. Everyone kept coming back for seconds and thirds! I will definitely be making another purchase very soon for another special occasion. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/04/2018
    My Daughter's Cakes 26

Kristy · Married on 09/30/2017

Our entire experience with My Daughters Cakes was absolutely amazing! We told Denise what we wanted and she went above and beyond to make us the most perfect wedding cake and Steelers themed grooms cake! The flavors of all the cakes and fillings at the taste test were to die for! Thank you so much to everyone at My Daughters Cakes for making our special day extra special and sweet! We will be definitely be coming back! Highly highly recommended

Sent on 10/20/2017
    My Daughter's Cakes 27

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristy, for your beautiful review!! Love the photo! On behalf of Susanne, Lori and I, we are all so glad you loved your experience, your wedding and groom's cake. I had so much fun working with you and your family and can't wait for another opportunity! Hugs, Denise.

Diane · Married on 07/22/2017

Denise Smith of My Daughter's Cakes was a pleasure to work with. Denise and her team were happily catered to the Bride and Groom's wishes. The cake looked amazing, exactly what we asked for, one of a kind. Tasted even better than it looked. "The Crowd Went Wild". Many guests said the cake was the highlight of the wedding.
    Looking for a reason to order another cake soon.

Sent on 07/27/2017

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

We are so thrilled! Thank you very much for your sweet words and for placing your trust in us!

Raechelle · Married on 07/20/2017

Denise is AMAZING! She has to be the best cake decorator in all of the Tri-State! From our champagne filled consultation to a 2nd tasting to finalize details - it was the best cake consult experience we had. Denise bonded with us and we felt so comfortable working for her. We enjoyed her cakes so much, we got two flavors for our wedding and an additional cake for our family Welcome BBQ. For the BBQ, we went with her scrumptious carrot cake and for our wedding cake we did a chocolate cake with cookies and cream and the second flavor was almond with a pretzel, caramel marzipan filling. WOWZERS!!!! We went with her EXQUISITE, realistic sugar flowers over having our florist provide them. Everyone was SHOCKED they were not real. Her ability to recreate peonies (my favorite flower) as an exact replica is something to truly behold! Just amazing!!!! We no longer want any other cakes, she will always do our cakes going forward from birthdays, holidays to special occasions. We are customers for life now!

Sent on 08/20/2017

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

We are so over the moon that you loved your cake so much. I cannot wait to see the pictures! Thank you so very much. We look forward to working with you again!

Helina · Married on 07/15/2017

I cannot say enough about Denise! I'll start with the cake tasting. Red carpet all the way. We arrived for our FIRST tasting (me, my fiancé and my mother) and she had SIX pieces of cake (she already knew what we were interested in based on prior convos) and probably 20 different frostings and fillings beautifully set out for EACH of us. Of course it was accompanied with a glass of champagne and water. The water was crucial. It was a lot of cake.

We picked seven combinations of cake and fillings and created the design for our cake that day. I had an idea of what I wanted but Denise completely enhanced my vision.

Denise updated her flavors list (as if she could come up with more) and invited us back for a SECOND tasting. Since no one says "no" to cake, we went. I was expecting a small sampling of the new flavors. Nope. An entirely new tasting all over again. I admit, not great for the wedding bod. But it's cake. I didn't eat for the next three days and it was fine. At this tasting we finalized our flavors and design. Of course Denise invited any changes/modifications up until like two weeks before the wedding. I was already satisfied and didn't make any changes.

Our big day. We had a 400 person wedding and the cake was the show stopper. Two inches shy of 5 FEET! It was truly magnificent and a work of art. The detail was exquisite. Better than I ever imagined. It was literally gone by the end of the night....yes, it was that good! Everyone raved about the cake.

Bottom line: Denise is so flexible and really allows you to bring customization to a new level. I wouldn't look anywhere else for cake.

No I was not paid for this review. Just an extremely happy client.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Robin · Married on 05/25/2017

Denise was recommended to us from a very close client of mine who chose to have their daughters wedding cake come from here! My client was so happy with My Daughter's Cake. In fact, she couldn't speak highly enough about how her family and friends are still raving about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. Well, I have to tell you that my now husband but then fiancé went to Denise for our first tasting we didn't quite know what to expect. We were so taken by not only, how charming Denise is herself, but the cake and fillings she served us were out of the ball.park! First off, when setting the appointment, she will ask you what your favorite flavors are and if you might have any other requests that you might like to try. When you actually go, please go hungry, because you are going to get very full from the best intense imaginable flavors!!! We actually went back a bit later for a second final tasting and picked out three completely different cake flavors. We were extremely floored by how gorgeous our cake looked. You honestly feel like- how can I cut into this? Our wedding was almost six months ago but I can still close my eyes and smile just imagining how yummy each of the three cake flavors tasted! Our photographer was amazed at how artistic and perfectly beautiful our cake looked. He took many pictures for his website. Christopher's Studio- if you want to check our cake out! DO Not Hesitate-My Daughter's Cake is simply the personized best! Thanks Denise, Robin and Domenick

Sent on 11/02/2017
    My Daughter's Cakes 28
    My Daughter's Cakes 29
    My Daughter's Cakes 30

Loretta · Married on 01/28/2017

Don't hesitate! Denise understood my vision for a romantic wedding cake and it turned out better than I expected. Not only was it a beautiful piece of artwork, the sugar flowers looked real, but the cake was heavenly! Call her today!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Danielle · Married on 11/15/2016

I must say Denise is absolutely AMAZING!! She is soo professional from the moment we met her we knew we wanted her to make our cake. She made our cake tasting soo fun, she really listened to our ideas and adjusted to our changes with ease! The quality of her work is amazing as well as the details. All our guest were in Awe with the cake design and how delish the cake was. And I love how she shows her progress or finished product of your cakes instagram. Makes your cake choice feel extra special! I highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again Denise ????

Danielle & Dean

Sent on 11/21/2016

Maggie · Married on 11/12/2016

I would definitely recommend My Daughter's Cakes!! Denise was so lovely and accommodating and knew exactly what I wanted! Our cake was delicious and I had a lot of fun at the tastings. It was also gorgeous and every single one of my guests thought the sugar flowers were real flowers. The cake was so important to me and she exceeded expectations. The banana cake was the best, but we also had chocolate and apple layers that everyone loved.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Jeffrey · Married on 10/29/2016

Denise is one of the most kind-hearted and genuine people we have ever met. Our first experience with Denise was a generous tasting of five full-slice cakes with accompanying fillings per person served with champagne. We can honestly say the cakes were unique and unlike anything we have ever tasted before. In addition, we went back for a follow-up tasting of additional flavors and our favorites to try more combinations and ensure we picked the best pairings. The displays and offerings were beautiful, and she was very knowledgeable and creative with how to make our dream display based on our flower arrangements/colors into the most drop dead gorgeous cake we have ever seen. She provided the cake stand, delivered, and setup the cake perfectly before we all arrived. Many of our guests and even venue staff have said that it is the most beautiful cake they have ever seen. We have truly found a cake baker for the rest of our lives, and we will be going back to her for all special occasions from here on out.

Sent on 01/08/2017

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Jeffrey, I am so incredibly touched by your review. Thank you so much. We loved your cake, too, and the pictures are just amazing. I had the best time with you, Samantha, and your moms and will cherish those visits. Thank you for having us create such sweet memories for you and Sam, your families and guests! Can't wait to see you all again!

Julianne · Married on 10/22/2016

Denise is fantastic! From the first meeting until the actual wedding day, we were incredibly impressed. Denise made the cake tasting such a nice event that I'll always remember as part of the wedding planning fun. Once we decided on flavors, she gave us even more of her time to talk design and vision for our cake. The day of the wedding I didn't even have to worry about a thing- I had full faith that Denise and her team would have the cake beautifully delivered. Sure enough, the cake was gorgeous and really caught your attention once you walked into the reception. And it was delicious!! Even my father in law (who doesn't like sweets) had 2 pieces. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/04/2016

John · Married on 09/25/2016

Great cakes all of great value. They deliver to you extremely fast and the customer service is top notch.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Neal · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely delicious! Denise worked with us to customize our decorations and offered us so many delicious options for the cake and filling, it was hard to choose the best combination. In the end, she suggested that we have two different flavor combinations, because we just couldn't choose one!

We finally decided on a three-layer cake of carrot and then coconut and it was fantastic. Our guests loved it and it really helped put an exclamation point on our reception.

She even provided a white chocolate picture frame and stand too, which was beautiful (albeit, tragically uneaten by the end of the night)

Highly recommended

Sent on 09/30/2016

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful review ! We are so glad you and your guests loved your cake, and are completely honored to be a sweet part of your wedding.

James · Married on 09/07/2016

Gorgeous cakes of many different designs. The quality is top notch and the prices are great. I highly recommend this business.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Kira · Married on 09/03/2016

We loved the cake parfaits that we got for our wedding! Denise was wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/02/2016

My Daughter's Cakes's reply:

Kira, thank you so much! We loved making those for you. They are such a great alternative to or addition to a wedding cake. It was our pleasure to help you and your husband celebrate with your guests in a very sweet way.

Lisa · event on 08/28/2016

My bridal shower cake was exactly what I wanted. Not only was it gorgeous, but it tasted absolutely delicious!!

Sent on 08/30/2016