77 Reviews for My Daughter's Cakes

Setup (7)
Cake Stands (5)
Cookies (1)
74 My Daughter's Cakes Reviews

Denise was great, she went above and beyond our expectations. Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning and tasted great. We loved working with her.

Photo for My Daughter's Cakes Review - Our world traveler wedding cake.
Profile Picture Lucia, 8/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

One of the best cakes I’ve ever had! The quality was phenomenal! My sister (the bride) was super happy with everything- how the cake looked and tasted! Her new husband loved the chocolate! I was really happy with the whole service- Denise was so accommodating and lovely from the start to finish. The cake arrived on time and it was beautiful! Not only the main cake was awesome but the additional cakes for the guests were great too. Everyone kept coming back for seconds and thirds! I will definitely be making another purchase very soon for another special occasion. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Ira, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our entire experience with My Daughters Cakes was absolutely amazing! We told Denise what we wanted and she went above and beyond to make us the most perfect wedding cake and Steelers themed grooms cake! The flavors of all the cakes and fillings at the taste test were to die for! Thank you so much to everyone at My Daughters Cakes for making our special day extra special and sweet! We will be definitely be coming back! Highly highly recommended

Profile Picture Kristy, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Denise Smith of My Daughter's Cakes was a pleasure to work with. Denise and her team were happily catered to the Bride and Groom's wishes. The cake looked amazing, exactly what we asked for, one of a kind. Tasted even better than it looked. "The Crowd Went Wild". Many guests said the cake was the highlight of the wedding.
Looking for a reason to order another cake soon.

Profile Picture Diane, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Denise is AMAZING! She has to be the best cake decorator in all of the Tri-State! From our champagne filled consultation to a 2nd tasting to finalize details - it was the best cake consult experience we had. Denise bonded with us and we felt so comfortable working for her. We enjoyed her cakes so much, we got two flavors for our wedding and an additional cake for our family Welcome BBQ. For the BBQ, we went with her scrumptious carrot cake and for our wedding cake we did a chocolate cake with cookies and cream and the second flavor was almond with a pretzel, caramel marzipan filling. WOWZERS!!!! We went with her EXQUISITE, realistic sugar flowers over having our florist provide them. Everyone was SHOCKED they were not real. Her ability to recreate peonies (my favorite flower) as an exact replica is something to truly behold! Just amazing!!!! We no longer want any other cakes, she will always do our cakes going forward from birthdays, holidays to special occasions. We are customers for life now!

Profile Picture Raechelle, 7/20/17, 18 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I cannot say enough about Denise! I'll start with the cake tasting. Red carpet all the way. We arrived for our FIRST tasting (me, my fiancé and my mother) and she had SIX pieces of cake (she already knew what we were interested in based on prior convos) and probably 20 different frostings and fillings beautifully set out for EACH of us. Of course it was accompanied with a glass of champagne and water. The water was crucial. It was a lot of cake.

We picked seven combinations of cake and fillings and created the design for our cake that day. I had an idea of what I wanted but Denise completely enhanced my vision.

Denise updated her flavors list (as if she could come up with more) and invited us back for a SECOND tasting. Since no one says "no" to cake, we went. I was expecting a small sampling of the new flavors. Nope. An entirely new tasting all over again. I admit, not great for the wedding bod. But it's cake. I didn't eat for the next three days and it was fine. At this tasting we finalized our flavors and design. Of course Denise invited any changes/modifications up until like two weeks before the wedding. I was already satisfied and didn't make any changes.

Our big day. We had a 400 person wedding and the cake was the show stopper. Two inches shy of 5 FEET! It was truly magnificent and a work of art. The detail was exquisite. Better than I ever imagined. It was literally gone by the end of the night....yes, it was that good! Everyone raved about the cake.

Bottom line: Denise is so flexible and really allows you to bring customization to a new level. I wouldn't look anywhere else for cake.

No I was not paid for this review. Just an extremely happy client.

Profile Picture Helina, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Denise was recommended to us from a very close client of mine who chose to have their daughters wedding cake come from here! My client was so happy with My Daughter's Cake. In fact, she couldn't speak highly enough about how her family and friends are still raving about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. Well, I have to tell you that my now husband but then fiancé went to Denise for our first tasting we didn't quite know what to expect. We were so taken by not only, how charming Denise is herself, but the cake and fillings she served us were out of the ball.park! First off, when setting the appointment, she will ask you what your favorite flavors are and if you might have any other requests that you might like to try. When you actually go, please go hungry, because you are going to get very full from the best intense imaginable flavors!!! We actually went back a bit later for a second final tasting and picked out three completely different cake flavors. We were extremely floored by how gorgeous our cake looked. You honestly feel like- how can I cut into this? Our wedding was almost six months ago but I can still close my eyes and smile just imagining how yummy each of the three cake flavors tasted! Our photographer was amazed at how artistic and perfectly beautiful our cake looked. He took many pictures for his website. Christopher's Studio- if you want to check our cake out! DO Not Hesitate-My Daughter's Cake is simply the personized best! Thanks Denise, Robin and Domenick

Photo for My Daughter's Cakes Review - Beautifully displayed
Photo for My Daughter's Cakes Review - Everything was edible
Photo for My Daughter's Cakes Review - Simply elegant!
Profile Picture Robin, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I must say Denise is absolutely AMAZING!! She is soo professional from the moment we met her we knew we wanted her to make our cake. She made our cake tasting soo fun, she really listened to our ideas and adjusted to our changes with ease! The quality of her work is amazing as well as the details. All our guest were in Awe with the cake design and how delish the cake was. And I love how she shows her progress or finished product of your cakes instagram. Makes your cake choice feel extra special! I highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again Denise ????

Danielle & Dean

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would definitely recommend My Daughter's Cakes!! Denise was so lovely and accommodating and knew exactly what I wanted! Our cake was delicious and I had a lot of fun at the tastings. It was also gorgeous and every single one of my guests thought the sugar flowers were real flowers. The cake was so important to me and she exceeded expectations. The banana cake was the best, but we also had chocolate and apple layers that everyone loved.

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Denise is one of the most kind-hearted and genuine people we have ever met. Our first experience with Denise was a generous tasting of five full-slice cakes with accompanying fillings per person served with champagne. We can honestly say the cakes were unique and unlike anything we have ever tasted before. In addition, we went back for a follow-up tasting of additional flavors and our favorites to try more combinations and ensure we picked the best pairings. The displays and offerings were beautiful, and she was very knowledgeable and creative with how to make our dream display based on our flower arrangements/colors into the most drop dead gorgeous cake we have ever seen. She provided the cake stand, delivered, and setup the cake perfectly before we all arrived. Many of our guests and even venue staff have said that it is the most beautiful cake they have ever seen. We have truly found a cake baker for the rest of our lives, and we will be going back to her for all special occasions from here on out.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

Denise is fantastic! From the first meeting until the actual wedding day, we were incredibly impressed. Denise made the cake tasting such a nice event that I'll always remember as part of the wedding planning fun. Once we decided on flavors, she gave us even more of her time to talk design and vision for our cake. The day of the wedding I didn't even have to worry about a thing- I had full faith that Denise and her team would have the cake beautifully delivered. Sure enough, the cake was gorgeous and really caught your attention once you walked into the reception. And it was delicious!! Even my father in law (who doesn't like sweets) had 2 pieces. We highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Julianne, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great cakes all of great value. They deliver to you extremely fast and the customer service is top notch.

Profile Picture John, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely delicious! Denise worked with us to customize our decorations and offered us so many delicious options for the cake and filling, it was hard to choose the best combination. In the end, she suggested that we have two different flavor combinations, because we just couldn't choose one!

We finally decided on a three-layer cake of carrot and then coconut and it was fantastic. Our guests loved it and it really helped put an exclamation point on our reception.

She even provided a white chocolate picture frame and stand too, which was beautiful (albeit, tragically uneaten by the end of the night)

Highly recommended

Profile Picture User7261572, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Gorgeous cakes of many different designs. The quality is top notch and the prices are great. I highly recommend this business.

Profile Picture James, 9/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved the cake parfaits that we got for our wedding! Denise was wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Kira, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing cakes all ranging in prices which means that almost any budget would be accommodated here. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My Daughter's Cakes made the most incredible wedding cake I have ever seen!!! The hundreds of flowers and delicate lace piping were absolutely stunning. The cake turned out even better than I was expecting, which was difficult considering I was envisioning a masterpiece. I still cannot get over how beautiful the cake was...it was a showstopper that none of my guests could stop talking about. Not only was it perfect looking, but it was perfect tasting as well. I've tried many many wedding cakes, and this was the first one that tasted just as good (if not better) than it looked. Denise (the owner of My Daughter's Cakes) customized each tier to showcase a different flavor that we loved. We had about 215 people at our wedding, and based on the size of the cake, we had enough for about 350 people...but the cake was so good, that we had almost nothing left at the end of the night because people went up for seconds and thirds. I cannot say enough amazing things about this cake and about working with Denise. She is so incredibly kind and accommodating, and really strives to make your perfect wedding cake!! What a success!!!! So happy Denise's cake was part of my wedding day!!!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely zero exaggeration when I say that Denise's cake was perfect in every way. We didn't have an exact design in mind but she was able to take our vision and ideas and transform them into something breathtaking and most importantly delicious. You cannot go wrong with Denise. She made the process so easy. She was responsive, friendly, and helpful. She provided us a ton of options during tasting and the actual came was honestly even better. I really cannot thank her enough for everything. I 100% recommend my daughters cakes to anyone who is looking for a unique cake that everyone will be talking about.

Profile Picture Sima, 5/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Form the tasting to the designing, Denise was fantastic! We are so happy we chose My Daugther's Cakes for our wedding on May 6th. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! She captured exactly what we asked for. I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Lori, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We found Denise and My Daughter's Cakes through my sister who got married a year prior. We were impressed by the cake Denise made for her wedding, not only by how beautiful the design was, but especially because she made me and a few other gluten-free guests a delicious portion of the cake that was gluten free. I had never tasted wedding cake that good and knew my husband and I would choose Denise as our cake designer! My husband and I went for a tasting and had such a hard time choosing which cake flavor and filling we wanted (since they were all so good!) that we decided to go with three different flavors - one of which was a delicious gluten free carrot cake with cream cheese filling that was the top layer! Denise helped us with bringing our design concept to life and she had such a great grasp of our vision which was a romantic, English garden theme. We used cream ranunculus flowers in my bouquet and my husband's boutonniere, and we also wanted to incorporate that into our cake. Denise suggested adding a few gold leaves with the cream flowers and green olive leaf trim and the final product was absolutely stunning! We were so thrilled with how the cake looked and even more happy with how it tasted. So many of our guests commented on how delicious the cake was and that it stood apart from usual wedding cakes. Denise was such a pleasure to work with from the initial email (she responded right away) all the way through the week of the wedding when she called to go over final details. She was so friendly and her enthusiasm for what she does really shone through - my husband and I would highly recommend My Daughter's Cakes to any engaged couple!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

During our planning process we tried two other bakeries before visiting Denise at My Daughter's Cakes. Once we walked in the door, I knew she was the one for us. Denise made us feel like our wedding was her sole focus. She was sweet and personable, taking the time to know us and then taking what she learned about us, and creating us on a cake. The day of the wedding, the cake not only looked beautiful, but also tasted amazing! I have never tasted wedding cake that was so moist and delicious as ours. While it is important for the cake to look good, to have a cake that look great AND tasted great, it just blew it out of the park. I highly recommend My Daughter's Cakes and look forward to eating our cake on our 1st anniversary!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/25/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Denise is a true joy to work with! I wanted a very detailed cake, I had quite the vision and I was so nervous I wouldn't find anyone to do it justice - except I found Denise!! She made my dream cake - only better!! It was a true vision and for that I am so thankful for her. I'm also an amateur baker so the actual cake texture & flavor was very important and her cakes are amazing. Moist and so tasty....everything was perfection. I'm looking forward to many more cakes by My Daughter's Cakes in the future!!! Thank you Denise!!

Profile Picture User4692773, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cookies

Denise is an amazing cake artist and baker, we hired her for our wedding and the cake turned out AMAZING it was exactly as we imagined we cannot believe it turned out that way...I chose the design from various cakes including hers and of course with her ideas and help too...and she did everything I asked for!
We cannot thank her enough, everyone was amazed & it tasted amaaaaaazing :)
Her prices are very descent she does the same work as the people who charge thousands of dollars (even better) it’s not just a pretty cake it’s tasteful too.
She also delivered the cake herself and made sure everything was perfect.
We recommend Denise for every occasion not just weddings!
Thank you again Denise you are a true artist :)

Profile Picture Heba, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We found My Daughter's Cakes through a recommendation of my mother's friend who couldn't stop raving about their work. Now we know why! Denise created a masterpiece of a wedding cake out of 5-tiers of delicate lace design and sugar flowers that perfectly coordinated with our wedding decor and my dress. We were really blown away by how beautiful and intricate it was - not to mention fresh and delicious! I normally don't like the taste of most cakes (especially ones heavy on fondant, which I liked that Denise avoids) so I figured I would just be happy if it looked pretty. By the time we left the tasting we ended up with a ton of unique flavors and I could barely decide which to choose because I loved them all. The cake choosing became one of our favorite parts of the wedding planning process; completely stress-free and also very reasonably priced. Denise was so easy to work with that our wedding coordinator at the Ritz-Carlton is going to recommend her to all of her clients. We were so happy to hear it!!! (P.S. We also used My Daughter's Cakes for custom cookies at my bridal shower and they were the best sugar cookies I'd ever had!) Wonderful vendor all around.

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/1/15, 1 Review