My Custom Wedding Ceremony Reviews

My Custom Wedding Ceremony 6
My Custom Wedding Ceremony 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Lifa · Married on 05/23/2019

Beautiful ceremony with perfect personalized details

My husband and I are both so happy that we retained John’s services for our recent wedding. John was warm, professional and made our ceremony exactly what we had envisioned for our day. We are from out of state and John worked with us in the months prior to not only ensure that our vows were perfect, but he also gave us valuable direction on other vendors and helped to set our minds at ease in regards to our upcoming wedding day. We could not have imagined a more beautiful and personal ceremony. Thank you, John!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Laurel

Laurel Barber · Married on 05/03/2019

Saved us!!!!!

My uncle was supposed to officiate our wedding. We had it planned from the second we.gpt engaged, as he officiates all of the weddings in our family. Sadly, his wife was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks before my wedding, and they couldn't make it as they clearly had bigger fish to fry! I frantically started searching for an officiant and John came highly recommended based off of his reviews. I will say he lived up to his reputation and then some! He was able.to accommodate us on short notice, and was so easy to work with. John arranges his style to fit yours for your ceremony and personalities, and is incredibly responsive and personable. I am so grateful for John saving the day and officiating our wedding, while making us feel completely comfortable and honoring our requests. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/22/2019

What A Wonderful Ceremony!

Minister John Reardon worked with us every step of the way, helping us prepare our ceremony, ensuring a beautiful and meaningful beginning to our union. His personalized approach allowed us to tailor the ceremony, making it EXACTLY what we envisioned. Call John now and discuss your ceremony. You'll be glad you did!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Lu Moore

Lu Moore · Married on 01/01/2019

New Year, Perfect Day!

John Reardon is a true professional whose extensive knowledge of the St. Augustine market made selecting a venue a breeze. He customized our ceremony and was also available to answer any questions we had. In short, John helped us make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 01/15/2019
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 8

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Lu! It was my pleasure to help start your new year with LOVE! You wedding was beautiful and thank you for allowing me to Officiate your Big Day for you!

Sandra Rosati · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful experience

John was great from the beginning to end. He did a wonderful job with our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have been happier with his service, highly recommend!! :-)

Sent on 12/12/2018
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 9

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Sandra for the very nice review! It was a pleasure Officiating your's and Jon's Custom Ceremony at the beautiful Treasury on the Plaza in St Augustine! Wishing you both lots of love!

Lindsay Bridges · Married on 11/02/2018

A beautiful, personalized ceremony!

John was fantastic. We spoke with him on the phone for our initial consultation with him and loved his positive energy and his professionalism from the beginning. He was always prompt in his communication with us, followed up when he said he would, and was thorough with describing his process. He provided a number of options for what he and we would say in our ceremony. We requested a few changes to a unity ceremony and he was happy to update them. For our vows, we ended up using a combination of vows we wrote ourselves along with portions of sample vows he provided. John was very encouraging of us customizing the ceremony in that way, for which we were very appreciative. During the rehearsal and ceremony, John was on time and appropriately dressed, had a calming presence, was very courteous to our family and guests, and set a happy tone for the ceremony. We are very grateful that he was our officiant for our wedding and would gladly and enthusiastically recommend him to others! Thank you John!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 10
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 11

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Lindsay thank you for the wonderful review! It was my pleasure to help you both have a beautiful, custom ceremony! Your friends and family were so supportive and loving!

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2018

John was great! Excellent officiant and communicator!

My wife and I had hired John for our wedding at The White Room in St Augustine and we are extremely grateful we did. We live in New York so we spoke with John over the phone planning out our day and then we met in person before our event for coffee one morning and then rehearsed everything with him at the rehearsal the day before. John took care of everything from speeches and vows that we could customize ourselves to make them our own if we wanted. He even took care of all the paperwork for the marriage licensing and sent it in for us after the wedding. John made the entire ceremony very relaxing and made us feel very comfortable during the process. I would highly recommend John to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2018

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Amanda it was a pleasure to help! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful day! I am so happy that you felt it was stress free. I thought everything was beautiful!
  • Elise

Elise Capuano · Married on 10/21/2018

Personable & Professional!

John was simply a delight as our wedding officiant at The White Room, St. Augustine! He was a great help with creating our customized ceremony, sharing his knowledge of the craft to help my husband and I create a ceremony that fit us as a couple. On the big day, he kept the atmosphere light, adding in a little humor to ease our nervousness, and made everyone feel at home. John was great with communicating with us through the whole process, being very responsive to emails, phone calls, or scheduling a meeting in person. Can't thank John enough for making our ceremony special!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 12
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 13

Tara · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing!

My husband and I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding. John was outgoing, responsive, on time and overall a pleasure to be around. If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day- book John as your officiant!

Sent on 12/11/2018

A · Married on 07/15/2018

John was the perfect person to officiate our wedding ceremony! My husband and I were concerned of not having anyone we knew officiating our wedding, but John was so likable and personable that you wouldn't have ever known we had never met him in person before- lol! I greatly appreciated the suggestions he had for us and also how he asked us to make any changes to make it as unique and personal for our wedding day as possible. He was extremely flexible and positive to work with. You can tell he truly enjoys doing this and we couldn't have been happier having chosen him!

Sent on 09/25/2018

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Thank you! I am glad you and your new husband were very happy! It was my pleasure to help :) Warmly, John Reardon, Custom Wedding Officiant

Katherine · Married on 05/19/2018

We couldn't have been happier with Mr. Reardon & his services! John worked with us via email & phone to prepare a ceremony that truly reflected our love. Many guests commented on his personable nature, & the delivery of the ceremony. He is GREAT!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 14
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 15
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 16
    My Custom Wedding Ceremony 17

Elizabeth · Married on 05/05/2018

There are no words to describe how amazing John is! From the moment I gor engaged, I knew John was the one who would have to marry my Husband and I ! So thoughtful and really puts the personal touch in his ceremony! We definitely felt the love and would t recommend anyone else but John for your wedding officiant!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Cami · Married on 11/10/2017

John was amazing. I've known John since 2006 and have since relocated from St. Augustine to Asheville, NC - he was kind and generous enough to make the trip up and perform our ceremony. I had seen him perform a ceremony previously, where I was the Maid Of Honor, and I knew then that no one else would do. He was very attentive to our requests and our specific "please don't do this and this" and the ceremony was perfect. With the exception of one of our guests boo hooing and sobbing for the first 5-7 minutes. HA! Fortunately John kept us focused on one another throughout that awkwardness! Thanks John - MUAH!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Chelsea · Married on 08/05/2017

John was great! He was really helpful through out the whole process and made everything run smoothly. He did a great job at keeping me (the bride) calm on the big day. I would recommend John to perform your wedding ceremony!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Patrina · Married on 06/17/2017

Mr. John has an unique personality, We didn't have much experience in weddings but he made so comfortable with him guiding us through the ceremony. We first meet him at the rehearsal and it seems like we knew him forever. He was very amazing!! If you need someone that have an good personality and knows what he doing he's the man for the Job. Thanks again Mr. John!!

Sent on 06/22/2017

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

It was my pleasure to help you and Derrick at your beautiful wedding Patrina! It was an honor to be your Officiant! Thank you for asking me to help you both come together in love :)

Lisa · Married on 04/23/2017

Our experience with John was amazing and I would highly recommend him! We had a simple ceremony on the beach and John made our day! Look no further, John is a true professional and excellent at what he does! Thank you, John!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Aleia · Married on 11/04/2016

Amazing! Top to bottom, the best and most relaxed wedding we could have ever asked for! 10 stars!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

John was so great, from the first meeting we knew he was the perfect person to marry us. He has a fun personailty but is still professional and made sure our ceremony was truly what we wanted. The reshesrsal and ceremony went perfectly, much in part to John keeping everything on track and moving along smoothly. It's so apparent how much John loves what he does. Couldn't have asked for a better officant for us!

Sent on 12/09/2016

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

It was a pleasure to help make your wedding special and beautiful Brittany. Thank you for allowing me to unite you both!

Jeff · Married on 09/03/2016

John was fantastic to work with. He explained what to expect very well and really helped made it a special day.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

John was the perfect person to officiate our wedding! He arrived on time and was very helpful to my family, making suggestions and making sure everything was in order. When my photographer was late and I was...let's just say...slightly stressed, he was right there telling me everything was going to be ok. The very best part of all was when I had walked down to the beach and my dad had just given me away. Up until that point, everything was a blur, but John told me to take a moment to stop and look around at all the people who were there to share in our love. It gave me time to catch my breath, relax and enjoy myself! I highly recommend John--he's the perfect combination of friendly and professional.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Jaime · Married on 04/03/2016

After some confusion about whether a family member could officiate our big day we found ourselves without an officiant just weeks before our wedding! Our planner recommended John and he was wonderful! I had several family members who wanted a traditional catholic ceremony and weren't sure about having a non religious ceremony and he even made them happy!!! John is pleasant and fun and also professional and makes your big moments as you wed so special. He didn't miss a beat and gave us all kinds of vow options as well as our own if we wanted. He also encouraged and supported us in adding elements to the ceremony to make it our own. John is so enthusiastic its as though your his own family he's marrying. We loved him and are so glad he joined us in matrimony!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Marie · Married on 03/11/2016

We chose John Reardon as the wedding officiant for our daughter’s wedding. We found his name on Washington Oaks State Garden’s website among the list of officiants who’ve performed wedding ceremonies there (which is where our daughter’s wedding was), as well as Wedding Wire, the Knot, and several other wedding planning websites. He had great reviews, which really encouraged us. John was very responsive and handled everything in a timely manner (from correspondence throughout the planning, obtaining the marriage license – my daughter and her husband live in Texas and needed John’s assistance in obtaining an out-of-state marriage license , to planning all of the details of the actual ceremony). I spoke to John initially, to secure him for that day and felt very assured by his professionalism. He spoke to my daughter and her fiancé, at the time, and they loved him immediately! He was friendly and spent time with them going over everything. They were able to customize their vows and he gave them valuable suggestions and recommendations as to the unity candle and other details of the ceremony. We met John in person for the first time on the day of the wedding. He was so friendly and efficient! My husband and I loved how he led the ceremony and his personality. He was light-hearted and sincere. He had a sense of humor, which we appreciated, and he led the ceremony with expertise. We loved that he seemed to take his responsibility as the officiant performing their vows to heart, like he genuinely cared about their vows and the lifelong commitment they were making. We would recommend John’s services without hesitation.

Sent on 03/28/2016

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! It was a pleasure helping your daughter and her fiancé create their perfect Custom Wedding Ceremony for them. You all were so supportive and loving with each other. Your daughter looked do beautiful! Thank you again for allowing me to be a part of your daughter's Big Day! Sincerely, John Reardon, Custom Wedding Officiant

Jason · Married on 11/15/2015

John Reardon did such an amazing job for us! He was such a pleasure to work with and gave us a beautiful ceremony completely tailored to our liking... Everything from the addition of a song, to letting us create our own vows based off of examples he provided for us. His guidance during the ceremony was very appreciated as well since we were unable to do a proper rehearsal due to schedules and travel needs for everyone in the wedding party. In short, John helped make our day as perfect as it could've been, and we couldn't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Charlie & Rhett · Married on 11/07/2015

Very pleased with our choice. John worked amazing with us, made us feel like he really valued our thoughts and opinions. He helped us with everything and he is a very friendly personable gentleman. he didn't just "show up" to officiate but helped with the whole ceremony and we feel blessed to have found him to work with

Sent on 01/04/2016

Amy · Married on 10/17/2015

I honestly can not say enough about how amazing John was! My fiancé and I (at the time) had made appointments with 3 different officiants to assess who would work best for us and John was the first of those that we met with. To make a long story short, he became the ONLY one we met with. After leaving the meeting with him, before we even got to the car, we decided to choose him to officiate our big day! We emailed him immediately and he responded right back with excitement and with the information we needed to proceed. Something that I thought was going to be so difficult became so easy just by hiring John. He emailed us the template of the sample ceremonies that he felt worked best for us and my fiancé and I, at our leisure, decided which words, phrases and ideas to use from that. We chose to write our own vows which was not a problem at all for John. We just wrote them on a card and gave them to him and he handed them to us during the ceremony. He was professional yet personable the entire time we dealt with him. Not to mention, we had our marriage license returned to us faster than I've ever heard of. I would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 10/31/2015

My Custom Wedding Ceremony's reply:

Amy it was truly my pleasure helping you with your wedding. Your family and friends were all so supportive and you looked beautiful. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Big Day!