38 Reviews for Michael Walters Orchestra

Lighting (2)
Ceremony (1)
Sample Music (1)
Liability Insurance (1)

We just had MWO as our wedding band 2 weeks ago and cannot stop thinking about how fun they were! They made the entire night of our wedding so fun for all of the guests. We loved the selection of songs that they came up with given very little guidance from us. When it comes to everything that has to be planned for a wedding, the last thing we wanted to do was have to create a playlist for them. We sent a small list of "please don't play" and a few requests and they did an amazing job! We had so many guests on the dance floor who stayed all night long until the very end who commented that the band was the reason they partied until after midnight. They're so incredibly talented that some of our guests said the band covers sounded just like the real songs! Thanks again for everything MWO!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

I worked with Michael Walters Orchestra at a wedding I coordinated recently. I could not have asked to work with a more flexible and professional group of people. There were a lot of last minute changes with the couple we worked with; including them not even getting a songlist unitl the morning of the wedding. My honest expectation was that it was going to be a mess (not to any fault of MWO), but I was so pleasantly surprised that every moment in the reception went off without a single hiccup. Absolutely flawless execution from the group! I also couldn't have asked for a nicer vendor to work with! As a wedding planner, I highly recommend working with MWO for their flexibility, professionalism, and overall awesomeness!

-Alexis Alvarez with Lillian Rose Events

Profile Picture Alexis, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Update: MWO did not disappoint! They had our guests dancing all night and played something for everyone! My 70 year old aunt who never dances was even on the dancefloor with a huge smile on her face! They were also great with the sound levels. We've all been to wedding where the band was so loud you couldn't even hear yourself think, let alone talk to the person next to you at dinner, but that is not the case with MWO. A friend at a table close to the band came up to me at the end of the night and said that she was concerned about being so close to the band during dinner, but she had nothing to worry about- the music was soft dinner music so our guests could enjoy their dinners and conversations. Mike was a pleasure to work with and was very flexible with our requests- we wanted a set with the full band before dinner, jazz trio during dinner, and back to full band after dinner- no problem at all! We also had MWO for our ceremony music and cocktail hour and could not have been happier! They played What a Wonderful World for our musical interlude and people were in tears- it was absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for quality music at a great price, MWO is your band!

My fiance and I were first introduced to the Michael Walters Orchestra at a wedding last summer. The music was phenomenal and the dance floor was packed all night from grandma and grandpa to the 20-somethings! MWO played a great mix that kept everyone going til the very end! At the end of the evening, my fiance (then boyfriend) looked at me and said "I think we found our wedding band!" Fast forward six months- we hired MWO for our wedding! I was torn between a band and DJ mostly because of price, but MWO is worth the splurge! We know our guests will be on the dance floor all night and MWO will keep everyone happy! Mike is extremely professional has been a pleasure to work with. We're super excited to have Mike and the MWO perform at our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/6/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We actually had MWO for a corporate event at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. They did a wonderful job mixing up the music for our group. I would suggest them to any organization for a fun band with a great genre of music. They are also easy to work with and very responsive!!

Profile Picture User6515746, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour

MWO is really great. can;t say enough good things about them. They played at a business (formal attire) event with a broard range of ages (35 years and up). Everybidy loved them and the broad range of songs they performed. As the staff person who recommended them to our leaders, I say "Thank you MWO!"

Profile Picture User6521750, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band was amazing! They kept the dance floor crowded all night long - and the music was so good that guests who didn't like to dance or were unable to dance stayed the entire time to listen to the band. The singers came onto the dance floor and there was a sax solo on the other side of the dance floor during one of the songs. Our guests are still talking about how great they were and a lot of my friends want to hire them as well. And Michael Walters was so easy to work with - they have a huge list of songs and make it easy to include requests. The made our wedding unforgettable!

Profile Picture Kendra, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Reception, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Mike Walters was very easy to work with. His orchestra was fabulous and had our crowd dancing all night. IPAD music easily filled breaks. Singers were stellar and MC duties were great. Highly recommend this group!

Profile Picture Pam, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Awesome band! Our guests were raving about them for days afterward. They did a great job of keeping a fun atmosphere the whole night!

Profile Picture User4593437, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Band

MWO was amazing! They kept my dance floor full all night! Michael was easy to work with and attentive to all details as needed. The band played a little bit of everything from Motown to current pop singles, everyone loved them. I have some friends still raving about how great the band was (3 days later).

Profile Picture Maria A, 8/21/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

MWO was the perfect band for our wedding. They are extremely professional, flexible, talented, and played funky Motown and other rock tunes all night long! Everyone danced all night and it was definitely due to the awesome music, the band's infectious personality and sound - the entire band was likewise extremely warm, accommodating, and just plain awesome to work with and get to know better. We are still getting calls and messages weeks later about how much our friends and family adored the band! We would recommend the MWO (as well as their acoustic guitarist for the ceremony, and Jazz trio options for cocktail hour or dinner) to everyone and anyone. They will work with you to make sure that your reception is everything that you want it to be - and more!

Profile Picture Charlie & Annie, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

MWO was AWESOME! Mike was always great to work with and really takes the time to get to know what you are looking for! We did our first dance to "All of Me" by John Legend and the man who sang it had a beautiful voice! All of the singers and band members were so talented and our guests were always on the dance floor having a great time. We received many compliments on the band. One of our favorite parts was when the singer came into the crowd and sang in the middle of everyone--great energy! They are very versatile and sang such a wide variety of songs! I'm so happy we had them at our wedding! Thanks MWO!!

Profile Picture User5135372, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

What can I say about the MWO...aside from how proud and grateful that we are to have had this ensemble for our event! First off, let me start with their level of professionalism and enthusiasm for making this wedding perfect for our needs. They were the life of the party, but did not take away from the bride and groom's attention, and were enthusiastic about every number!

They were so responsive, happy to tailor their services to our needs, and were instantly there every step of the way! They brought everything with them, making production seamless, and were there for anything that came up in the evening.

If I ever have a wedding or anything in the Midwest again...I know who I will be calling!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Profile Picture Jack, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Absolutely fantastic!!! Michael Walters and his band made our wedding. Yes we had the food, drinks, flowers etc. but MWO brought the party! They're incredibly talented and give it their all! They kept our dance floor packed the entire night and we even had our older guests on the dance floor until midnight! We're still getting compliments on the band and guests asking for their information. In addition to MWO talent and fantastic ability to carry the crowd, Mike Walters himself couldn't be nicer to work with. He always got back to me and made me feel like my inquiries were important, even though I'm pretty sure that I was just a crazy bride. Thank you so much Michael Walters Orchestra! You guys truly are the best!

Profile Picture Anne, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

MWO made this a party to remember! They were so professional, responsive and talented. I had so many comments about how this is the best band guests have seen and they played a wide variety of music that kept the dance floor full of all age ranges for the entire evening. They truly made our wedding celebration so special and fun. We're looking for more excuses to throw parties so we can have them again. Can't say enough about MWO. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Jodie, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Superb band! They made our daughter's wedding fantastic. Rocked the night away. For a successful event, this band is a must. Appealed to all ages - something for everyone.

Profile Picture Patricia, 4/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Mike and his crew are nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! We had almost 300 people at our wedding and everyone I have talked to has just raved about our band. The folks that came over from Ireland swear they had never heard a band so amazing and honestly, they made the night exceptionally special. The dance floor was never empty, people I would have never expected to dance never stopped and everyone just had a great time. The Michael Walters Orchestra made our wedding over the top awesome!! As an aside the trio also played at my surprise 40th birthday party last year and they were a knock out then as well, which is why I hired the full 11 piece for the wedding. Trust me when I tell you, this will be the best money you spend for your wedding or other event.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!! Moe and I had the best time; it was the perfect day!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Thank you to Michael Walters and MWO for helping make our daughter's wedding such a special event. Their music was outstanding and they had everybody dancing from start to finish. My daughter really appreciated that they took the time to learn her favorite song for her first dance, and by the way, it sounded like the band had been performing it for years! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding band they had ever heard!! I could not agree more! Thank you again for being so easy to work with, and providing such outstanding entertainment

Profile Picture Jim and Patti , 7/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I could not be happier with the Michael Walters Orchestra! They exceeded any expectations my wife and I had for our wedding. They were extremely professional throughout the entire process (planning the wedding, changes that came up, setting up, the actual music, etc, everything was top notch). I have already recommended this band to several of my friends and would strongly encourage anyone who is getting married in the midwest to work with them. They were far and away the best value of any vendor used for my wedding, in addition to providing the best quality of service. Again, I would strongly recommend the Michael Walters Orchestra to anyone!

Profile Picture Ross, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

MWO has been a staple for all of our business and private parties and celebrations for many years! We're not sure how, but each time we use them, they reinvent themselves and get better and better! Whether it is a jazz trio for a cocktail reception, a pianist and singer for our annual holiday party or the unbelievable orchestra that "rocked the house" for our son's wedding, this band is second to none! They accommodated all the bride and groom's requests and the dance floor was packed from the first song to the last! We are still receiving calls and text messages from family and friends raving about them. Thank you MWO for making the wedding an event to remember!

Profile Picture Fran & Ray, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

MWO is an amazingly talented group of musicians and professionals. Their extensive repertoire and on-stage charisma was the perfect compliment to my husband and my wedding day. Our guests continue to comment on the incredible entertainment they provided! I took comfort hiring such seasoned performers: they worked with us to customize our song selection and even made wedding party introductions. I cannot recommend their services enough to any nearly-weds looking to hire a band for their wedding day.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Amazing! Had everyone dancing and everyone kept commenting in how great it was! Was def a big investment but we wouldn't have done it any differently!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

MWO was fantastic! They had everyone dancing all night and everyone had a ton of fun! They have a variety of singers that allow them to play a huge range of songs. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in hiring a band for their wedding.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

exceeded expectations on every level

Profile Picture User3643168, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Michael Williams Orchestar played at my daughter's wedding, and they were excellent! They had the dance floor jumping all night with music for us "old Folks" - Motown, disco, etc.- and for the 20-somethings in the crowd - Adele, Beyonce, etc. We couldn't have asked for a better band. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants to have a fun-filled evening!

Profile Picture Frank, 5/26/13, 1 Review