MusicMasters Reviews

MusicMasters 5
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/01/2019

Amazing Time!

My wife and I just got married and Music Masters did all the sound systems for the wedding. Justin was the DJ and even only speaking with him over the phone the week before we knew from that first phone call it was going to be a great time! The day was really windy but Justin was there early setting up and sound checking to make sure everything went smoothly. We wanted to make sure the party went on until the very end and it surly did. I don't think I left the dance floor the entire night and Justin even did a special last dance for my wife and I. Music Masters has a great portal that lets you plan your wedding music at your own pace and aligns it perfectly. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Andrea · Married on 10/05/2019

Kept the Party Going!

We booked Music Masters through having our wedding at the Pier 5 Hotel. I was a bit nervous having not spoken to our DJ until 3 days before our wedding but it worked out and everything went smoothly. The online portal is super easy to use and helps keep everything organized. Our DJ was DJ Bill and he was fun, pronounced everyone's names correctly, played all the songs I wanted and kept everything running smoothly and timely. Thank you for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Shirley

Shirley · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Reception was awesome

From beginning to end, Sue and Dan were wonderful to work with. DJ Carlos and his assistant helped make our Wedding Reception perfect. The music was awesome, the uplighting was beautiful, and everybody had a great time! Thank you Music Masters!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle C · Married on 06/22/2019

Great wedding DJ

We hired Music Masters for our yacht wedding. DJ Carlos and his assistant were wonderful to work with. They did an excellent job making sure that all three levels of boat were playing the music we chose. Everything went smoothly on the technical side. When it came time for the dance hour we really weren't sure if many people would be dancing. But DJ Carlos made sure that the dance floor was packed. He played really great mixes that got us all dancing the entire time. At one point he even played a last minute request of Baby Shark for the little kids and it was the highlight of night. Thank you again DJ Carlos and Music Masters. I would highly recommend this vendor for any wedding or event.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Brodie · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Experience!

Dan and his team were very easy to work with, quick to respond to any questions, and our DJ (shout out Bob!) was spectacular. Our group was like herding cats and Bob did a fantastic job of keeping the ball rolling while playing a very crowd friendly and FUN dance set! Their online portal makes things really easy to coordinate. It was one of my husband and I's favorite part of the planning process. We would recommend MusicMasters to anyone getting married in Baltimore!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 12/08/2018

Music Masters - fabulous DJ and service!

Music Masters came recommended by our Venue - The Center Club. From the first phone call with Dan Hawkins (co-owner) to the DJ himself - Justin - the experience was amazing. All of your music selections are made online - and that takes the logistical nightmare out of making up a list of your own and emailing it to the DJ or service. Music Masters was not only responsive, and friendly but I felt that their fees were really really reasonable as well. Our DJ did the music fo rour service as well and was spot on - timing wise. No long songs with people sitting around waiting for them to be finished.. everything flowed.

The post dinner dancing was awesome as well - Justin made sure that our personal notes about songs were included in his announcements. It was a smooth, easy process and completely professional. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a top flight DJ service with music that you want! They have the system down to an art form.. and as a Bride it was one less thing to worry about! Bravo Music Masters!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Betsy · Married on 11/17/2018

Great experience!

Extremely responsive from day one! Dan was wonderful to work with, and did a great job at our ceremony and reception. Absolutely no complaints — he played all of our desired music, pronounced everyone’s name correctly, and was very professional from the first contact. Thank you!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

DJ Carlos and Music Masters killed it!

We could not be happier with the outcome of our big day and the seamless planning that led up to it. DJ Carlos was great! He kept our guests engaged and had a wonderful personality!! We would definitely recommend Music Masters for your next event!!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Brendan Gaibrois · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience

On our wedding day DJ Dan really helped get everything organized and flowing smoothly. He was more helpful than the venue managers when it came to all the details of the night and worked with whatever last minute changes we threw at him. Very friendly, open to suggestions, and got people on the dance floor.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Sean · Married on 09/22/2018

There aren't any bad things to say about musicmasters! We had a really bad experience booking a dj from a different company and Musicmasters really saved the day for us! DJ Bill was polite and professional throughout the night and all of our guests were thoroughly entertained on the dance floor. He followed our Do Not Play lists and worked in all of our Must Play songs. Prior to the reception he triple checked name pronunciations and really was the perfect DJ for us last weekend. We would definitely recommend him and MusicMasters to any newlyweds looking for DJ services.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Jerri · Married on 09/08/2018

MusicMasters was fantastic! We are so happy that they serviced our wedding and reception. The DJ, Justin Keys, did a phenomenal job at all 3 events - wedding, cocktail hour, and the reception.
    We have nothing but good things to say about Justin Keys. He was awesome! We had a blast at the reception,. Justin played the songs we wanted to hear, and he also "mashed them up" with other great songs. Everyone that I spoke to after the reception said they loved the music. They thought it was one of the most fun receptions they have ever been to.

Also, the photo booth from Music Masters worked out perfectly! Everyone at the wedding loved it as well. We received our photo album booklet right after the reception, which was awesome to see how many people took great photo booth pictures. The props were fun!
    Music Masters did an excellent job with the uplighting and the cake pin spotting. Overall, Music Masters did an excellent job with our event, and we would happily recommend them to anyone else planning a wedding in the area.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/08/2018

MusicMasters was great from the very beginning. Their website makes planning super easy. You can submit your timeline, pick songs, and your guests can submit songs too. Dan calls to make sure he knows exactly what you're looking for. Then they pick a DJ that is right for you. And they did a great job! DJ Ray Bachman was perfect for us! He made the night run smoothly and got all our guests having a blast on the dance floor. I mentioned a song my dad really liked and he got me before he played that song so I could dance with my dad. You could tell he did his homework before the first time we talked. He knew exactly what I wanted. He even went to the bar to get my husband and I champagne when it was time for toasts since we didn't have any at the time. He went above and beyond to make the night perfect.
    We also rented a photo booth through musicmasters and it was the BEST photo booth ever. There were so many (SO SO MANY) hilarious props. The photo booth attendant even helped put my guest book together. She was taping the photo strips to the book and having guests write a message next to their photo. When creating the photo strips, Dan asked me for a theme so he could design it, and I just sent him a picture of our invitations showing a fall theme, and he went off of that and designed a template that matched perfectly. I will definitely be recommending MusicMasters to everyone. Dan and Sue are the best!!

MusicMasters 6
    MusicMasters 7
    Sent on 10/04/2018

Erica · Married on 08/25/2018

Dan was amazing! He had everyone on the dance floor! Everyone had the best time. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Nikki · Married on 08/17/2018

Music Masters was PHENOMINAL from first meeting to final dance at our reception. We didn’t provide much direction and wanted to leave a lot of the decisions up to the experts and Dan picked the best songs for the best moments and gauged the crowd to make sure everyone had a wonderful time! I would highly recommend Music Masters. They also did a fabulous job with our lighting, GoBo, and cake pinspotting.

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Candis

Candis · Married on 06/16/2018

Walt from MusicMasters was a hit! A few days before our wedding he called me and we discussed all the music we wanted to play at our reception. He listened, made recommendations and i really felt like he got us. We had a great time and didn't stop dancing from the time we arrived at our reception till the very end. Sue and Dan Hawkins were amazing too. Any questions i had they were right there to ease my mind. I would absolutely recommend MusicMasters to anyone who asks!

Sent on 06/20/2018

laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Music masters is great!! highly recommend Dan! He just did my wedding...he had all the guests on the dance floor! Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Celia · Married on 06/02/2018

We were very happy with Jon from Music Masters. The Music Masters website made it really easy to indicate which songs we wanted for each part of the ceremony and reception, and Jon had exactly the right energy to keep us dancing the whole night. My husband and I performed a duet at the reception and he helped us coordinate that to minimize the interruption with dancing. He was great!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/12/2018

Music Masters was an absolute gem to work with! From the moment I reached out, Dan contracted me to go over everything we were looking for, and together, we came up with a perfect list of items for our wedding day. Leading up to the day, Dan and Sue were quick to respond to any questions I had, and would answer my emails right away. I love that they’re so flexible with payment options as well. Weddings can get expensive, so being able to pay a little at a time is so helpful. My favorite thing is their online portal. It’s so easy to use, and my husband and I were able to go in and put songs we wanted to be played, songs we didn’t want played, and were able to plan out the entire timeline of our wedding day all on the portal. The week leading up to the wedding, our DJ, Joe called me, and we talked for about an hour going over all of the important details. Joe made sure he had each version of the song right, and he even made sure to start certain songs at an exact point in the song that I requested. (For example I wanted a song to start at the chours during our ceremony) On the wedding day Joe arrived early, and was a pleasure to work with. Our guests had a blast dancing, and the music never stopped all night. I would recommend Music Masters to anyone looking for DJ services!

Below is a few pictures of everyone enjoying the music. Photo credit: Brooklyn Trout Photography

MusicMasters 8
    MusicMasters 9
    MusicMasters 10
    MusicMasters 11
    Sent on 05/28/2018

Mrs. · Married on 04/28/2018

Imagine trying to provide music for folks who graduated from high school 50 YEARS AGO! MusicMasters made it happen! Dan and Sue Hawkins were responsive and easy to book with, offering professional advice that proved to be right on target! Our DJ for the day, Joe, took our playlist, made suggestions and added his own expertise to provide a wonderful afternoon of music for "us oldsters". Wow! Only positive feedback from our guests. Thanks , MusicMaste
    Mrs. H.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Brie · Married on 03/24/2018

I am so glad I chose Music Masters for my wedding!!! We had the pleasure of having Dan as our DJ/MC. The online planning tool they provide is awesome; its easy to use, helped me easily organize my reception, gave me suggestions for songs to use.. it was definitely one of the easier parts of wedding planning, which is MUCH appreciated!! When it came down to the homestretch, Dan called and helped me iron out the details of how we wanted to do things, made sure we were both on the same page, and gave me suggestions that I very happily took. Dan was an absolute professional throughout the whole process. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I owe all of my thanks to Music Masters!! We danced ALL NIGHT LONG. We truly enjoyed our wedding. We couldn't stop dancing!! Dan played everything we requested and threw in some really fun songs. The dance floor was full the entire evening. I can't express how much fun we had! And I'm so glad I had dancing shoes to change into!!! Everyone from our wedding can't stop telling us how much fun they had and that it was one of the best weddings they've been to and I absolutely give all of that credit to Dan. The DJ/MC makes the reception in my opinion. For me, I was very selective in choosing a DJ. The wrong one could make the reception blah. Dan truly exceeded our expectations and we truly owe him all of our thanks for making our wedding so incredible and memorable for us and our guests. If you're contemplating on a DJ, GO WITH MUSIC MASTERS. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 04/11/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 03/16/2018

We had Jose as the DJ for our wedding on March 16th and he was phenomenal! He kept the dance floor full the entire night... I don't think people every stopped dancing. My husband is Puerto Rican and we wanted a good mix of today's top hits and salsa music. The mix of the music was perfect, and he chose the best songs to play. The online planning portal was very easy to use and allowed you to pick songs that you wanted to have played which was very helpful. The ceremony music was also perfect. I've been to a few weddings where they've had a DJ who was not so great, and people weren't dancing... but Jose could not have been more perfect! If you want to have a fantastic party where people don't stop dancing, MusicMasters is the way to go! Thank you so much for making our wedding so much fun!!! I haven't danced like that in a long time!

Sent on 03/25/2018

garrett · Married on 12/23/2017

We used Music Masters for our wedding in December and could not be happier with our choice. Dan and Sue made planning process very easy and Justin was a fantastic DJ for our reception. All of our guests continue to rave about how the dance floor was full from start to finish. Also, the website was a great tool to allow us to help plan the music and schedule of events for our reception.

Sent on 01/29/2018
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 11/10/2017

We used MusicMasters for our recent wedding at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore and I cannot express how amazing they were! It was seriously premier service from the initial contact all the way to the day of our event! Dan and Sue Hawkins are the absolute sweetest people to work with and they were so helpful with every single detail! Everything was laid out so perfectly before the wedding that on the day of we didn't have to worry about a single thing! The DJ was amazing and played all the right songs to keep everyone dancing the entire night! Another big hit was definitely our photobooth! We weren't sure if we were going to go for the photobooth, however I'm so glad we did!!!! It was the best! I could not have asked for a better DJ for my special day and I honestly recommend to anyone who is looking to have an amazing event!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are looking for a DJ, look no further. MusicMasters is the best! Dan and Sue are extremely helpful and respond very quickly. We had DJ Justin at our wedding. He was professional but fun. Played all the right music and got everyone on the dance floor. We also used them for a photobooth. Everyone enjoyed it and the props were great. Everything was exactly how we expected it. Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Bobby · Married on 07/08/2017

Passed all of our expectations with flying colors. Dan and Sue were very accommodating every step of the way and our day of DJ (Walt) was incredibly engaging! Thanks so much, keep up the great work

Sent on 07/25/2017