Musical Expressions By Chet Light Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Melissa
    Melissa B. Married on 11/12/2021

Chet is Awesome!

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Chet was so easy to work with and after meeting with him he knew exactly how we wanted the night to go and what we wanted to hear. His portal online also was extremely helpful during the planning process and the social media photobooth and up lighting were fantastic additions to our wedding. We highly recommend using Chet, he's excellent!!
    Kaitlin B. Married on 11/06/2021

Ceremony, wedding

I cannot say enough great things about Chet and his business. He made our entire wedding day flow with ease. From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and reception the music was always present and always playing the right tune. I had so many compliments about Chet from many guests! Chet is easy to work with, patient, kind, and attentive to detail. Without Chet our day would not of been the same. Let’s just say we were dancing the night away! Thank you again Chet!
  • Brigid
    Brigid D. Married on 10/23/2021

Such a fun DJ!!

We met Chet at our venue's open house and it is clear why he's one of their preferred vendors. He made every event run smoothly from the ceremony to the end of the night. All of our guests were able to hear every word during the ceremony, even those sitting in the back. During the reception he took our music requests and added a few of his own suggestions that aligned with the music we liked and made an amazing set list that had people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT! We couldn't have had a better DJ for our wedding, thanks Chet!
  • Alicia
    Alicia P. Married on 08/27/2021

Partied all night long

Chet was AMAZING. I may be biased since it was my wedding... However, I have never seen so many people stay on the dance floor all night long. Everyone was drenched in sweat from dancing. I gave Chet some creative freedom with my playlist and I'm very glad that I did. He knows how to pump up the crowd. I also used Chet for my ceremony music and he was wonderful at that too! I HIGHLY recommend using him as your DJ for any event. Thanks so much Chet!!!
  • Heather
    Heather N. Married on 07/09/2021

Great dj and photobooth

My husband Chris and I got married on 7/9/2021 at Meredith Manor Venue in Pottstown, PA and found Chet Light on their preferred vendor list. We knew we wanted someone who was familiar with our venue and highly recommended by their staff which is why we started with this list. Our photographer and officiant are also preferred vendors so they were familiar with Chet which helped make our entire day run very smoothly. We got to meet with Chet in person about a month prior to the wedding to review all the final details. I shared with him a new idea I had for a "photo challenge" where we wanted to get a photo with each table during the length of a song. He help us find the perfect spot for it in our timeline when most guests would be seated. It went perfect!

In addition to ceremony music/microphones, and DJing our reception we also used his modern photo booth. It was great! Our guests had a lot of fun using the photobooth and I have enjoyed looking back at the pictures.

Chris and I highly recommend Chet Light for your wedding or event!
    Kelly D. Married on 07/03/2021

The best DJ!!

Chet did my brother & sister-in-law’s wedding 6 years ago so we knew he would be fantastic-and he was!! He provided cocktail hour & reception music as well as uplighting. The dance floor was FULL all night long!!! We were pretty involved in selecting music & were able to make Chet a playlist with must play/play if possible/do not play songs. He did a great job with playing a variety of must-dance-to songs from all generations. If a guest had a song request, Chet made sure he found us & asked what we thought of it before agreeing to play it, which we really appreciated. He also made sure the uplighting was okay with us before everything got started. We changed our cake cutting song in his online system at the last minute and forgot to tell him-he had already checked & had it ready to play when it was time. An awesome, personable, talented guy who just does the job without any of the extra gimmicks-no worries about extra commentary, dancing, or trying to “steal the show as the MC” like some other DJs do-do not hesitate to book with him!!! We had so many people during & after the wedding go out of their way to tell us our DJ was amazing!!! Additionally, I have been telling everyone looking to book vendors to look at reviews from covid couples-which we are. We had to postpone from summer of 2020 to summer of 2021. Chet simply sent us a new contract for our new date as soon as we postponed. No extra fees or a hard time given in the slightest. The wedding industry was hit hard by the covid shutdown & vendors like Chet who worked with you through this situation that was beyond anybody’s control are the vendors who deserve to be raved about and especially considered for booking in the future. Thanks Chet!!!
  • Elllen
    Elllen L. Married on 06/06/2020

Amazing night!

My husband and I hired Chet for our wedding reception and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was flexible and made great suggestions based on his experience. He really aimed to make the night go exactly the way we intended it to and he kept the evening moving along in a timely fashion. He was super low maintenance and I really didn’t have to “check in” on him that day as he showed up and had everything totally under control. Our dance floor was full all night and Chet knew what songs to play to cater to his audience. Very professional. Made an effort to learn correct name pronunciations and pays attention to detail when getting to know your music preferences and style. I would highly recommend him for any event. I can honestly say my own wedding was the most fun wedding I’ve ever been at and it was largely because of Chet and his expertise. Everyone had a blast!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 09/20/2019

Super fun DJ!

Chet DJ'd our wedding on 9/20/2019. He came highly recommended through our wedding vendor and we are so glad we booked with him! Everything was smooth and he was easy to work with. We also booked the photo booth and EVERYONE loved the photo booth. Such a fun experience and our wedding was perfect!
  • jessica
    Jessica Married on 03/23/2019

Beyond excellent! Affordable

We got married 3/23/19 and Chet was fantastic! An absolute blast! We were able to add and omit songs from our computer and make playlists, he was very patient and helped guide us through our music selection. The photo booth was awesome I still go through all the funny pictures of my guests! The uplifting added that extra factor we didn’t know we needed and the wireless microphones for our ceremony were essential! My guest could actually hear us! Lol! Everything was flawless with Chet and extremely affordable! Don’t hesitate-Chet is your guy!
    -the picky bride
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 12/19/2018

DJ Chet listens to your every word and helps come up with great ideas!

I had a thirty minute meeting with Chet regarding what music I like and he turned it into an experience for everyone! Carefully picking songs that everyone will dance to and that I would enjoy. He was also very accommodating to my sister in law singing and one of our guests deciding to surprise us with a song last minute! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! His son also tending our photo booth and was great with our guests. Seriously don't hesitate to book!
    Kelsey Married on 07/20/2018
    Chet was amazing in helping with every detail from the very first meeting, we weren't very sure of what we wanted and he walked us through every step! He answered every email in a very timely matter and was very accommodating for us being from out of the state with setting up a meeting time. Not to mention he kept the dance floor going all night!!! We also added on the photo booth and couldn't be happier with the results, it is so nice being able to look back at all the photos and they really show the guest had a great time with it! I would 100% recommend Chet to anyone looking for a Dj!
    Colleen Married on 07/06/2018
    Chet light was definitely the best choice we could have made for our wedding. From our very first meeting with him he was friendly, personable and professional. His website was very easy to use and he accommodated all of our request throughout the entire planning process. From the time the ceremony started until the very last dance of the night Chet was absolutely amazing. He kept us and all of our guests on the dance floor all night long and everyone had such a great time.
    Alex Married on 06/29/2018
    We are so happy with our decision to choose DJ Chet for our wedding at Meredith Manor! He was fantastic and kept our guests on the dance floor the whole night. We gave him free reign with the music selection for the night since we did not pick individual songs and he did absolutely perfect. We received so many compliments from our guests.
    Alyssa Married on 11/04/2017
    Chet is AMAZING. Every detail was perfect and he was very thorough when we were planning the timeline of events for the night and all of the small details that went along with that.
    Jessica Married on 10/07/2017
    We met Chet at a wedding open house at Meredith Manor and selected him to be our DJ for our wedding there in October. We are so glad we met him and chose him for our special day! Chet was easy to work with, listened to our wants and was able to adjust the schedule on the fly when things took longer than expected on the night of the wedding. His website is great and you are able to build your own playlist and tell him what you absolutely want played or don’t want played. The music is an important part of the reception and Chet kept the dance floor full all night. We highly recommend using Chet as a wedding DJ. Thanks again, Chet!
    Kristin Married on 04/28/2017
    Chet was amazing! From start to finish he made sure things flowed and all his song picks where perfect for our day. He is friendly and was great to work with. We highly recommend!
    Kara Married on 04/08/2017
    Chet provided the music and karaoke for our wedding in April 2017. He did a fantastic job gathering our requests and creating a festive atmosphere.

He was able to adjust how he displayed karaoke lyrics based on the group-sing style we like, and it was great.
    Megan Married on 10/08/2016
    My husband and I hired Chet as our DJ for our wedding at Meredith Manor in Pottstown. We met with him twice before the wedding, and he was incredibly thorough and really listened to what we wanted. I love that his website enables you to create different playlists for your reception, which we definitely utilized. Everything for the ceremony was great, and I loved the microphones he used because everyone heard everything in our ceremony very clearly. Chet checked in with us between the ceremony and reception to make sure we were on the same page, and he even checked with us when people requested songs to make sure that was okay with us. I really enjoyed having Chet as our DJ and would recommend him to anyone!
    Ewa Married on 08/06/2016
    Chet is a truly fantastic DJ, and I am so happy that I decided to book him for my wedding. He was always very courteous, accommodating and professional throughout the whole planning process. I gave him the difficult task of playing a mixture of Foreign, Medieval/Renaissance, Oldies and Modern music and he really nailed it! Everyone loved the music selections at my wedding, and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him!!!
    Lauren Married on 04/29/2016
    Chet was great as our DJ! He made sure we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day and was very flexible with last minute changes! We were able to create a playlist off of music he had in his database and he was able to play off of that. Chet was great at making everything flow nicely and got everyone to where they needed to be. All the music was great and I would definitely recommend him for anyone looking for a DJ!
    Cassandra Married on 10/31/2015
    Chet was great! We met with him twice before the wedding. He was professional, well-organized, and kind. We used his website to let him know which songs we definitely wanted him to play, songs to play if possible, and which we didn't want played. He was flexible with our requests and even customized a song for us, mixing together two songs. He was great at keeping our guests on the dance floor until the very end of the night! He also checked in with us a couple of times throughout the night to make sure that everything was going the way that we wanted. He provided the dance party that we were hoping for!
    Stephanie Married on 09/05/2015
    Our wedding was at Meredith Manor where Chet frequently DJs. We met with him twice to talk with him about our music preference and vision for the night. We used the music selection tool on his website to help choose songs for the night. However, I ended up giving him free reign on what he thought would flow the best throughout the night.

With that said, Chet was THE BEST! Chet literally kept the dance floor packed from start to finish. All of my guests commented on how much fun they had and how great the music was. He even kept grandmom happy without disappointing everyone else ;)

Chet is so down to earth, professional, and so accommodating. We had last minute requests the day of and he made it happen without blinking an eye. I couldn't be any happier!. Thanks for helping to make our day perfect.
    Stephanie Married on 05/02/2015
    Chet was great to work with. He was very accommodating to all of our requests and really did his best to make our day as perfect as possible. He was also great at communicating with us the day of so we knew where we were in our time line. Super friendly and really intuitive - by the time we sat down with him to finalize our playlist, I was as frazzled as any bride at that point in the process. He was patient and understood my babbling and helped me make sense of what we were looking for. We would definitely recommend him!
    Amy Married on 05/01/2015
    Chet was a fantastic Dj. He helped us pick songs for our processional and recessional, and they were perfect for us. He didn't stray from our playlist but chose songs that helped our guests get up and dance! Great price and a great person!
    Dana Married on 10/26/2014
    Chet was recommended to me by my wedding venue as one of their preferred DJ's. I looked into him and liked everything! He listened to what I wanted, such as no line dances, except if in dire need to get guests out on the dance floor, or songs I absolutely did not want played. I loved the fact that he has a music database that you can listen to songs then add the songs to lists such as "must play", "do not play", etc. He kept his word on not playing the songs we didn't want played, as well as trying to incorporate my husbands eclectic songs he wanted played. He played exactly what we wanted for our ceremony, and as far as I know cocktail music was great, since I didn't get a chance to get in there because we took pictures in all of that time, hahah (didn't hear any complaints from guests, so all is good!). Dinner music was perfect! And he checked with me to make sure the volume wasn't too loud either while guests were eating, which I loved! Music for the remainder of the reception was great too, and nothing was every too loud! My grandparents all enjoyed themselves because they could hear themselves talk, hahaha, but was a main detail I wanted to make sure was addressed for them :) All in all Chet did a great job! Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect!