Musical Discovery Chamber Players Reviews

126 | Dripping Springs, TX

126 Reviews for Musical Discovery Chamber Players

Debbie Abbott · Married on 07/05/2019

Best decision to hire Musical Discovery Chamber Players.

They were easy to work with to set things up. The players were on time and professional. The music was beautiful.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you Debbie! It was a lovely wedding. The music was so fun too - all "covers" - from Blackbird to All You Need is Love!!
  • Susan

Susan Truax · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding Music

We decided last minute to engage a duo (cello and violin) with Musical Discovery Chamber Players musicians for my daughters hill country wedding, and could not have been more pleased. Jill Dalley was wonderful to work with and the musicians at the event were extremely professional. We were so happy with the beautiful music, and would highly recommend Musical Discovery Chamber Players for any event. Thank you Jill for everything!!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

Oh Susan!! Thank you for such thoughtful words. We loved being included in Allie's wedding. It was just beautiful! All the best to you and your new extended family.
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful Solo Violin for Wedding Ceremony

I first saw Musical Discovery Chamber Players perform at a local bridal expo and knew right away that I had to incorporate them into our wedding ceremony. The entire booking process was easy, thorough and affordable. Having just a solo violinist added a personal touch with our song choices and an elevated guest experience. It was beautiful and I highly recommend to anyone considering live music at their wedding or gathering! Thank you MDCP for being such a special part of our big day.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Lupita

Lupita · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing sound

Jill was very easy to work with! She listened to what we wanted for the ceremony music and made it happen. The music during the ceremony was so beautiful some people didn’t even realize it was live music. We would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • KENDRA

KENDRA · Married on 10/05/2018

The Best Choice

Musical Discovery was the best decision we made for our wedding ceremony music! Jill was very nice and professional and we were able to pick the songs we wanted to hear. Our guest are still raving about their performance! Some of our guest were asking “how did they get the classical version of this song?” They were THAT good!! We plan to book them again for another event! A great choice.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Gabriella · Married on 06/09/2018

Our church ceremony music was so beautiful and it was all because of the Musical Discovery Chambers Players of Austin. It was such a pleasure to work with Jill and I can't imagine our wedding day without the MDCP.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

Awe!! Thank you Gabriella!! We loved being a part of your wedding. You looked amazing in that beautiful dress!!
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Fischer · Married on 05/05/2018

Wedding Ceremony and cocktail hour musicians

I hired Musical Discovery Chamber Players after speaking with several different music groups around Austin. They played all of my ceremony music and for our cocktail hour as well. They were affordable and very easy to work with. They also play beautifully and are wonderful musicians!

Jill was so accommodating to my ideas and very flexible. Their repertoire selection contains a wide variety of music including a popular selection as well as classical. You are sure to find the perfect songs on their list. Jill was very helpful at recommending selections and suggesting pieces I hadn’t thought about but fit flawlessly with our ceremony. The group new exactly when to start and stop without cue throughout he ceremony.

They helped to make my wedding day unforgettable and added the special touches I didn’t know that I needed!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you Kimberly! We loved your wedding. You were so easy and fun to work with. It was an honor to be included in this happy day!

Bob · Married on 02/18/2018

Unlike every other string quartet, this group allows wide latitude in selecting a wedding program's choices. Pick and choose from any number of themed formats or completely design the musical program from an exhaustive playlist. Once we picked the program, it was up to Musical Discovery to perform and they were magnificent. I could not have imagined a more elegant ceremony for which this group deserves much credit. Their ability to shorten or extend songs so that processionals and recessionals are perfectly timed to the music is amazing. And the beautiful sound that comes from the instruments was breathtaking. I will re-live the ceremony for many years and when I do I will be hearing some of the sweetest music imaginable.

Sent on 04/05/2018

Scarlet · Married on 01/13/2018

Musical Discovery was wonderful! They not only sounded heavenly but were incredibly nice and easy to work with. Would use them again in a heart beat.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Angela · Married on 01/06/2018

We had a wonderful experience with the Musical Discovery Chamber Players. Jill is easy going and easy to work with. Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. The musicians arrived early as planned, set up, and started playing right on time. Everything sounded lovely and they definitely helped make the day a perfect day! I would highly recommend these musicians!!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Callie · Married on 12/16/2017

Very easy to contact, beautiful music and very flexible during the rainy weather on our big day!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Amy · Married on 11/19/2017

They were awesome!! I fell in love the first time I ever heard them at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza, and Jill is SO nice and easy to work with! They were the perfect touch to my ceremony, and my day wouldn't have been the same without them.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kindel · Married on 11/04/2017

Beautiful music and excellent customer service! It was such a pleasure dealing with Jill and her group for my wedding (November 4, 2017 in Fredericksburg). The ceremony music was beautiful - they worked easily with my requests, even working with one of my good friends to perform a song during the ceremony. The quartet also performed during the cocktail hour and definitely set the mood for an extremely enjoyable and peaceful evening in the hill country. So pleased!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Julia · Married on 10/23/2017

Musical Discovery added so much to our wedding ceremony. We had a whole quartet set up in a gazebo and I'm never going to forget the musical aspect of our ceremony. We even had two of our favorite songs custom arranged (for very cheap). It was absolute MAGIC to walk down the aisle to a song that meant so much to me. Jill was extremely responsive, and their rates are great for this industry (and absolutely worth it). Can't recommend them enough!

Kate · Married on 10/21/2017

Jill and her talented group of musicians did an excellent job in making our wedding ceremony a success. Jill is professional, organized and great to work with. We're very pleased with their services at our wedding and received so many compliments on the music. I highly recommend them!

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

Jill and her company were a delight to work with. We hired a four piece string quartet for my daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were professional, talented, and gave us a huge variety of songs to choose from. I was extremely pleased with the experience and will use them again in the future for other events. Thanks Musical Discovery and Jill!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

Thank you Lisa for your endorsement! We loved playing such great music for you and Kelsey. It was a beautiful wedding!!

Rosa · Married on 10/12/2017

Musical discovery was the best route to take. I wanted music, specifically a guitar and they did everything we requested and were very affordable!! They're friendly, professional, and he even learned a song we had to have at the wedding. I am so happy we met them, and used them for our wedding. The music was beautiful!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Musical Discovery Chamber Players's reply:

We loved having a special musical role in your wedding. It really means a lot to me that you wrote a review. Thank you!!!

Tracey · Married on 10/01/2017

Musical Discovery was awesome! I wasn't really sure where to start when it came to how many musicians I needed for the size of wedding, how to chose selections, and the coordination but they were so helpful and guided me through the whole process! When it came to my wedding day I everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Margaret · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough about these musicians. They were wonderful! As MOTB I was very busy and they needed no directions at all about setup locations. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/07/2017

R · Married on 09/30/2017

Musicians arrived early and played extra pieces during guest seating.
    Great selection of music including contemporary music (Katy Perry Firework, etc.)

Sent on 10/10/2017

Ami · Married on 09/24/2017

For our wedding, my (now) husband and I had kind of a unique vision. We wanted a video game themed wedding, Final Fantasy to be specific, down to the music that played as we walked down the aisle. Now, we talked to multiple musicians, and got a fat handful of "no's", as our selections could not be found in an easily accessible collection of classical music. But that didn't scare Musical Discovery. I actually learned about them because Jill reached out to me after I attended a bridal expo in Austin. At this point I had lost all hope of getting what we dreamed of, but then Jill swooped in and made our dreams come true. Not only was she willing to take on our unique request, she reassured us that she had experience doing video game themed weddings in the past, and had an expert arranger on staff who would put our pieces together if we couldn't find sheet music. WHAT A RELIEF! She was extremely responsive, patient, and was even on the phone with me the day before our wedding helping me (a very stressed out bride) make last minute adjustments as needed. The violinist and pianist that played out our wedding worked SO hard to learn the pieces, and played them just perfectly as we all walked down the aisle. It made our event complete, complimented the theme perfectly, and--I can't say it enough--made our dreams a reality. Thank you!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Beth · Married on 07/22/2017

Every wedding should have the beautiful music of the Musical Discovery Chamber Players. I have hired them twice now. Back in 2012 for my daughter's wedding, we had a 4 piece quartet, the harp and a soloist. The music was phenomenal as was their professionalism. They really make the whole process so easy and their response time to emails and communication is spot on. We loved them so much that they were the first vendors we hired for my son's wedding last weekend (7/22/2017). The second experience was just as wonderful as the first. I highly recommend the Musical Discovery Chamber Players. They really are a "must have" for weddings and any other event where string musicians are the music of choice.

Sent on 07/29/2017

Gail · Married on 05/06/2017

The music was absolutely perfect for my daughter's dream wedding! We had "not so traditional" selections; "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John, "Listen O the Wind" by Cat Stevens, and "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder. The musicians were very accommodating and Jill was a dream to work with! They played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour and we couldn't be happier with the professionalism and pure joy they exhibited! Loved them!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/22/2017

the Musical Discovery players were a wonderful and classy touch to our daughter's wedding. Jill was great to work with and they had a huge selection of traditional and contemporary music. Highly recommend!

anna · Married on 06/05/2016

I want to highly recommend this company. My wedding was at Barr Mansion, i had about 150 guests and requested the string quartet. They arrived on time and played their music beautifully! They have a vast musical selection, so it was very easy for me to pick my songs. I chose a few contemporary for while guests arrived and classical scores for the ceremony, Many of my guests let me know that their music was phenomenal and set the mood for the wedding.
    They were very professional and very nicely dressed. Thank you very much for being a part of my wedding. If you are looking for a string duo, trio, quartet please give them a call, they are very easy to work with and their talent is amazing.
    I loved having them at my wedding!!!!!!

Sent on 07/27/2016