Music to the Maxx Reviews

Music to the Maxx 1
  • Sarah

Sarah Billalba · Married on 12/01/2018

December 1, 2018 Wedding

My twin and I actually got to use Music to the Maxx as our DJ since our weddings were just 2 months apart! What a pleasure to work with Tammy Pixler. She is located in Lubbock TX which is where I am from so it made it easy for us to meet on certain days since we both were so busy! And Tammy made it easy for my twin, Sadie, which she lived in Dallas and Tammy would meet her halfway to save some time for Sadie.

Fun fact..Tammy is actually a wedding coordinator also. She knew what she was doing! Begin a newbie in the wedding planning, lets just say we were impressed! Tammy suggested this idea of having a “last dance” just the bride and groom with our guests outside waiting to have our exit. Planning this wedding just the two of us took a lot of energy and effect and all I have to say is that it was worth every bit of my strength. That last dance was super special being just my husband and I having the last moment of our wedding together. I find out later, from Sadie, that Tammy emailed everyone on my vendor list asking politely, if you would exit during the last dance to make it extra special for us! If you are looking to work with a fun lady planning your wedding, Tammy is your girl!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Music to the Maxx 2

Kelly · Married on 02/11/2017

Excellent DJ!! Tammy played everything we wanted and made the reception fit our style. They even made a mix for our first dance that turned out so good!! Everyone complemented the music and had a great time!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Dalan · Married on 08/27/2016

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
    Music to the Maxx is the premiere DJ for events and weddings in the Lubbock area. Tammy was exceptionally helpful throughout the process of our wedding. She provided experienced insight for wedding considerations that we didn't even think of before meeting with her. She also provided special attention to our preferences and desires.

Tammy was MUCH MORE than a DJ as she facilitated the entire process and made sure that our guests were never faced with a dull moment. Her experience allows her the ability to make every component of the wedding seem completely intentional even if there may be a delay in the schedule.

Music to the Maxx exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend their services!

Sent on 10/25/2016

dominique · Married on 08/06/2016

There's not a better wedding coordinator around! Tammy is attentive... works WELLL BEYOND her pay. Is ALWAYS available and works harder than anyone I know! Thank you Tammy for everything! Because of you the wedding was BEYOND PERFECT! Love you!

Sent on 08/06/2016

dominique · Married on 07/29/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Tammy and Music to the Maxx. She was perfect in every way and my son and his new wife were overjoyed with how she conducted herself and how much fun she was to work with. We will definintely use Music to the Maxx in the future for every event! Thanks Tammy!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Kandace · Married on 07/16/2016

Tammy was our wedding planner and we cannot say enough wonderful things about her. The whole night went perfectly because of her, and she was an awesome person to work with in the planning process.

Tammy's husband, Jody, was a wonderful DJ that kept the party going! He was great about incorporating our style of music and playing crowd pleasers.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/18/2016

Tammy was more than a wedding planner to me and my husband...she became our best friend! From the beginning of the planning process I would have ideas about what I wanted and within the day she would make them a reality! I have no family in lubbock and for a while my husband was working away and tammy literally made everything so easy. The best part was the wedding day. All of my bridesmaids who were married and had weddings of their own kept saying..we don't have to decorate?! We don't need to be doing anything?! We drank and ate and relaxed all day while tammy took care of everything! My family that came in from out of town had so much fun because they could actually party with us and not worry about all the little things.The music was awesome...just what we wanted. They even downloaded multiple songs for us that were new and by unknown artists.. my husband even wanted a special entrance mix and she made it happen! I would recommend tammy and music to the maxx to everyone!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Tori · Married on 06/04/2016

Tammy was awesome to work with

Sent on 07/01/2016

MJ · Married on 05/28/2016

Tammy was absolutely amazing. I have nothing but good things to say. The first day we met was at her house where we went over playlists, bridal party order, etc., we were cracking jokes and having such a good time. She's so laid back and fun. During the rehearsal, our pastor couldn't make it so she happily stepped in and told everyone how the wedding would work the next day. She showed true leadership and dependability. During the actuall wedding reception, she was a joy to be around and did everything (and then some) that you expect a wedding DJ to do. If you're looking for a wedding DJ in west Texas, go with Music to the Maxx. They won't let you down!!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Christine · Married on 05/28/2016

Tammy did such an amazing job with our wedding! She was so much fun to work with and extremely helpful every step of the way! People always say having a great dj or band is such an important part of having a great time at a wedding, and that could't be more true. Tammy is so much more than just a DJ, she will play an extremely important part in helping coordinate and making sure that your party knows where to be throughout the night. I can't tell you how many people have continued to tell me that out of all of the weddings they've been to, they had the most fun at mine. I highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the west texas area. You'll be so happy you did!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Natalie · Married on 04/30/2016

Tammy was wonderful throughout the whole wedding planning service, I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Tammy made sure that everything ran like clockwork before and on the day. She was amazing and had everything under control helping keep us organized with our timeline!. She was always glad to help and I never saw her without a smile on her face.! She has a wonderful talent for keeping everyone on task and organized, without being over bearing. Her happy, friendly , cheerful demeanor make her a pleasure to work with! On the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly, even though we were never aware of her presence..... Tammy is an absolute delight to work with and she is a professional whom I never hesitate to recommend! The best!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Kara · Married on 11/14/2015

I had already been to events that Music to the Maxx had worked, so it was a no-brainer for me when it came to choosing them for our wedding. Tammy was so helpful in coordinating everything and making sure that the rehearsal and big day went off without a hitch. We were able to find the perfect music, and the entire night was so much fun. They are fantastic at what they do! Everyone enjoyed dancing the entire night.

Sent on 12/01/2015

James · Married on 10/31/2015

Tammy and Jody were just wonderful in helping to make our wedding day a success. Tammy helped us to keep our timeline of prep work in order and checked in on us frequently in the planning process. She was an absolute pro the day of our wedding, keeping everything moving comfortably and making sure all our events went off without a hitch! Jody was a great DJ and knew how to read the crowd and keep the party going without making uncomfortable announcements to get people dancing. Some DJ's can make it awkward, but Jody was very natural. We would highly recommend Tammy and Jody for your special day!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • W

Wiley · Married on 08/15/2015

WOW! Tammy Maxx is the BEST! Everything was PERFECT!! She is so great! She totally got our vision and made it happen. We were so impressed with everything about her. I will be recommending her to EVERYONE!!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Emily · Married on 08/15/2015

Jody and Tammy Maxx are truly a dynamic duo! We used Music to the Maxx for our ceremony sound. We had a string quartet play our ceremony music and my husband's only requirement was that they needed to be LOUD. Jody definitely hooked us up and all of our guests commented on how clearly they could hear the quartet.

We used Tammy with A Night to Remember as our wedding planner. Brides if you are considering a planner but don't know who to choose then look no further, Tammy is your girl! She is AMAZING!! After a disaster with another planner, Tammy stepped in made our dreams for our wedding day come true. She took care of everything and that is NOT an understatement. I couldn't imagine my wedding day without her. She truly is a blessing to every bride she works with. You will not go wrong with Tammy Maxx! She deserves more than 5 stars!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Hillary · Married on 06/28/2014

So much fun to work with! Vibrant and definitely enjoy what they do! Thank you!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/26/2013

To say Tammy and Music to the Maxx were wonderful would be an understatement. I had to plan my wedding two states away. Tammy was so flexible about squeezing me in when I was in town. No matter how last minute I contacted her. She planned the reception from start to finish and was so organized at every one of our meetings. She made me feel so at ease and excited about our special day.

On our wedding day, Tammy was superb! We were joining two families from two different cultures and she did such an amazing job providing a broad selection of music. Music to the Maxx had everything! Tammy was fun, energetic and knew when to get the crowd involved and when to just step back. She had everything scheduled and on time and worked so well with my other vendors and wedding coordinator. I am so glad to have met her, and I would (and will) most certainly recommend her to everyone I know who needs a DJ for an event. If you want a fun, care-free, organized and perfect reception....choose Music to the Maxx!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Beth · Married on 10/12/2013

Tammy was the BEST!!! She works so well with both mother and bride. The wedding party loved her.. She made everyone's life so much better. Very pleased. We had a great wedding and appreciate everything they did from the beginning to the end. WONDERFUL!,

Sent on 10/26/2013

Katie · Married on 10/12/2013

Tammy is seriously an angel. Was there when I needed her, and made my life so much easier! I got to just be the bride on my wedding day and not the decorator or coordinator too. My mom got to relax as well and it was enjoyable for everyone. I highly recommend her!! The DJ was awesome as well and Tammy makes for a great MC :)

Sent on 11/01/2013

Heidi · Married on 10/05/2013

I could not have been more pleased with our whole experience with
    Music to the Maxx from the beginning. Joe and Tammy have a great thing
    going with all their services. Joe was not only a DJ but also a very fun
    entertainer. He was so good at knowing when to do our music for the
    ceremony, I thought he was reading my mind, but he is so experienced
    with the whole wedding thing he just knows. People were telling us
    that is was one of the funniest and beautifulest weddings they have been
    to.
    Thank-you Heidi,Garth,Brittany and Tommy.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Adriana · Married on 09/21/2013

Tammy was AAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAZZZZZZZING!!!!!! She was so great and upbeat!!!! She was absolutely the BEST!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/24/2013

Tammy was awesome! From beginning to end!! I never had fear or worried because I knew she had it under control. From her coordinating the ceremony to the music at our reception....it was wonderful!!

Sent on 11/26/2013
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

We used Music to the Maxx and A Night to Remember as our DJ and wedding planning services (Tammy was our planner and DJ). I couldn't make a single complaint about either of these services. Not only was Tammy SO easy to work with, she went above and beyond to make sure everything went exactly how we wanted it to.

Music to the Maxx has such a wide variety of music. They will work with you to plan every song that plays during any important moments at the reception. Everything was completely personalized to fit exactly what my husband and I wanted. They also took requests and made sure the guests were having a good time -- something that was very important to us! They kept the party going!!!

A Night to Remember was absolutley the BEST decision we made for the whole wedding. Tammy took so much stress off of me -- without her, I might not have made it to the wedding! She was there any time I needed ANYTHING and never made it seem like I was bothering her (even though I am sure I did!). She was so flexible with anything I needed.

Without Tammy, the wedding would not have turned out as well. We are so grateful for Music to the Maxx and A Night to Remember.

Sent on 10/28/2013