Music Road Disc Jockey Service Reviews

Music Road Disc Jockey Service 2
  • Lora-Lee

Lora-Lee Dodge · Married on 08/31/2019

Loads of fun

Roger had not been to the venue we chose for our wedding, so he took it upon himself to drive up to get the layout of the property before wedding day. That initiative speaks volumes!!
    We have been hearing nothing but compliments from Family and Friends regarding Roger! I did hear our preferred music list played throughout the night as well. He also did excellent keeping us on our wedding schedule.
    We enjoyed dancing the end of the night away!
    Thank you so much Roger!
    I highly recommend Music Road DJ for your event!

Music Road Disc Jockey Service 3
    Music Road Disc Jockey Service 4
    Sent on 09/23/2019

Allie · Married on 11/25/2017

Roger was outstanding from the first moment we met. He was patient with our ignorance of all things music and so incredibly knowledgeable in both music and weddings. He helped us set a schedule, select the music we enjoy and worked with us throughout the entire process. He arrived over 3 hours early to set up and make sure all of the equipment worked. He worked with our wedding guide to make sure the right music was playing at the right moment, especially when we were delayed with photo-taking. He kept our attendees energized and engaged. He was calm, professional and fun to work with. We made the perfect choice and I couldn't recommend him enough.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Devon · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I had Roger as our DJ this past weekend at the akwa marina in Laconia NH. To say we are satisfied is an understatement. Roger was professional, punctual, and very easy to work with. He took several song requests from us, on top of the ceremony/first dance type music and stuck with hits from the genres we told him we both listen to.He kept the dance floor full the entire night and everything ran smoothly. There is not one thing we'd have changed about our night. We had tons of compliments about the DJ both during and after our wedding. Thank you Roger

Sent on 10/09/2017

Brian · Married on 09/23/2017

This was the right choice to DJ our wedding. The musical selection was exactly what we wanted. The people that attended had nothing but nice things to say about the music. People danced all night long and never stopped. The communication throughout the whole process was also one of the best we have had. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Thomas · Married on 09/17/2016

No worries, Rodger is professional, courteous, and listens to your needs. Cooperative and flexible, his mission is to make the customer happy and without concerns.
    A pleasure to work with and presents a pleasurable performance.

Sent on 10/01/2016

roger was so awesome! he really knew how to get the party started and took requests! he was so great! defiantly a great time with him!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

Roger was great! He played songs that really fit the wedding demographic (everyone from 4 years old to well over :)) and had everyone out on the dance floor. He even took the time to find and download Texas Country Music we requested and had plenty on hand at our New Hampshire wedding. Thanks again, Roger!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Music Road Disc Jockey Service's reply:

Good morning Ashley, & Zach
    Thank you so much for your kind words for my review. I really appreciate that.
    When you have time go to my wedding wire storefront and see an amazing picture of you and Zach.
    I hope you and Zach have many years of happiness together.

Thanks again.

Warm regards,
    Roger

Marcela · Married on 12/27/2014

Roger did an amazing job at our wedding. The song selection was great, and he even incorporated Brazilian songs into the soundtrack (the bride is Brazilian). I totally recommend Music Road Disc Jockey Service.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Sherri · Married on 10/13/2014

Roger did a great job DJ'ing at my daughter's wedding and everyone had a blast!! Thank you Roger.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Jessica and Kalleb · Married on 10/12/2014

I was so happy with our choice for a DJ! the music was great, everyone was dancing & it was an amazing day! would definitely reccomend!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Rebecca · Married on 08/22/2014

We loved Roger. He was a big help, not only with music but the whole night!!! As value goes He was amazing and inexpensive. Very nice to work with.

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • F

frank · Married on 08/02/2014

I would like to say what a great job he did at our wedding. he was very professional and the music was non stop all night. he also did a great job as the m c. everything was perfect! also this wedding was planned last minute, and he went along with everything we wanted.... thanks again.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Desirae · Married on 09/30/2017

Easy to work with and very responsive. Talking on the phone while working on the forms was very helpful to be sure we were both on the same page. Great service and I would recommend!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Genna · Married on 10/15/2016

Well worth the price! He played good music that people enjoyed and it was best to let him do his thing rather than try to choose a list you want him to play. DJ knows best!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Bea · Married on 09/13/2014

4.2

Great DJ, great value. Very personable but not over the top like a lot of DJs. Pretty good at adapting to the crowd when it came to playing certain music. My only complaint would be that the song I asked to be played for the last dance was the wrong version (fast version vs. slow) but that may have been my fault in not being specific enough (it ended up being even more fun than the slow version probably would've been).

Sent on 09/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

0.4
      0.5

Please look around for another DJ for your next event. As the bride, I put together a very clear list of the bridal party names and any special details I wanted announced. My husband and I reviewed with Roger all the names over the phone, plus he went over it with him before they were announced. Roger had my husband's best friend as the ring bearer (I don't know how because I filled out his form and provided him with a detailed document). Then when it came to announcing, his energy was so low and literally told our guests to simmer down between announcing people. He shut off the music and just killed any energy. He forgot to announce Danny's best friend. He didn't name the ring bearer or the flower girl. Again, these were in the document.

For our first song, we used a dear friend's composition. She was at the wedding. And again I wrote that in the document and Roger said "This next song... Is a, is a sooong." What?

Naturally after this terrible fiasco, Danny asked Roger to speak less and to play more music. As a couple, you spend so much time and money trying to make everything perfect. So he might have been a bit irritated, naturally. But he was trying so hard to keep his cool. The DJ had two songs playing at once at one point. He would play a good song, then stop the momentum instantly with a slow song. Not reading the room at all.

I wish I could say this was it. But those were just the biggest grievances. I emailed him after the wedding to discuss his lack of professionalism and he literally blamed my husband and said he "just needed a few minutes." Well, he had a few minutes and totally botched our wedding introductions and our first dance.

I emailed again saying I'd love to give him the opportunity to make it right and to take ownership of his performance and to receive criticism openly as any entertainer should. He never responded.

Please don't hire him. I wouldn't want another bride to have this guy as her DJ.

Sent on 09/06/2018