164 Reviews for Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services

Disco Ball (1)
Flat Screen (1)
Projector (1)
164 Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services Reviews

Vynce is amazing! We actually met Vynce through one of my bridesmaids, he had been her wedding DJ and my husband and I had thought the music was amazing at her wedding! I don't think I could say I was helpful in picking out our music list and he was able to work miracles with what my husband and I were able to give him for our entire wedding. And that's saying something because we had so many different types of music in our list. Even though we literally couldn't make up our minds on certain things up to the day of, he was awesome and presented lots of options. Our wedding night was so much fun and I was so happy to see lots of people dancing. He is truly an amazing person and we are so glad to have met someone with such a big heart, and he even hooked us up with an amazing surprise for our 1st dance! Thank you so much Vynce!!
#HAPPYLEEDYEVERAFTER

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My husband and I hired our good friend Vynce to be our wedding DJ after we'd attended other events he DJ'd. Our meetings, whether they were by email, text or phone call were always full of laughs but never stopped being the professional he is. He also provided the lighting to our event which looked incredible and even wore a tangerine shirt to match my color scheme. He offered suggestions for dinner music, during cake cutting and grand entrance. He played from our chosen list but also fed off the energy of the crowd and kept everyone on the dance floor. We were told by many guests that it had been one of the funnest weddings they'd been to. Thanks Vynce!!

Mr. And Mrs. Bryan Bedoy

Profile Picture Margarita, 5/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vynce was so great to work with! His prices were reasonable and he threw in ideas to help make everything come together! Loved working with him and he had a great attitude the entire day! Super friendly!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Vynce (DJ Phreek) to DJ our wedding and set up lights in March 2018 and couldn't be happier with his work. Vynce has a great attitude and the highest degree of professionalism. He was in touch with us well in advance of the event to help us through music selection -- what events needed specific sound cues, what kind of music we liked, what songs we wanted played, and so on. He was also able to set up lights at our venue and they looked beautiful. Vynce did a great job at the event and had the dance floor packed all night. We felt like he genuinely wanted to make our event what we wanted while also being totally prepared to jump in with suggestions or ideas. If you have an event you need a DJ or lighting for, definitely call DJ Phreek!

Profile Picture Samuel, 3/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Vynce DJ’ed my sister’s wedding a few years ago, and did a remarkable job. So when my wife and I first got engaged I didn’t even think twice as to whom we would hire as our wedding DJ.

As soon as we hired Vynce we knew we made the right decision. Not only is he extremely professional, but it seems like he has a never-ending stream of great ideas. Whenever we’d shoot an idea at him, he somehow would take that idea and make it so much better. He made the whole wedding planning process fun and easy. My wife and I are not the most “organized” people, but Vynce did a great job of keeping us on track and getting us prepared for our big day.

On the day of our actual wedding Vynce was the freaking man! The DJ sets the tone for the entire party, and Vynce set the right tone from start to finish. We honestly never once had a hiccup with Vynce.

He is fun, friendly, professional, prompt, and passionate. The list goes on. We would highly recommend Vynce as a DJ to EVERYBODY!!!

Profile Picture Mitchell, 2/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would just like to start off by saying that my husband and I were to choose a DJ from the preferred vendor list from our venue.

I must have interviewed every DJ on the list (from about 16+) and I was not too thrilled on the selection. DJ Vynce Pham was the last person I spoke with and I am so glad I met him. Right away I knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding. He carries such great energy, positivity and really knows his stuff! My husband will say "he is more than just a DJ - he does it all!" He even serves as a bit of a coordinator, set-ups the lighting for your reception venue, and also is one great MC. He ensured everything went smoothly on our big day!

Prior to our wedding we had sync up calls and he is very detailed oriented about the music list and gives great advice. I appreciated his opinions since he has more experience when it comes to weddings!

On our wedding day, there were so many people on the dance floor! DJ Vynce Pham "Music Phreek" kept the party going!! Everything about our wedding was perfect, and he played such a huge role into making it all happen. I recommend Vynce to every couple, he truly is the best!
Thank you, Vynce!!

Photo for Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services Review
Profile Picture Sarah-Lynn, 1/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved our DJ. The uplighting was beautiful. Everyone told us after the wedding how much they liked the music. He did his absolute best to get our small crowd out on the dance floor. We had a lot more dancers than we expected. He made our reception great and we couldn't be happier. He was really on top of responses to our emails and really sat down with us to make sure he knew what vibe we were going for. Could not recommend more.

Profile Picture User7624267, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

THE BEST DJ - HANDS DOWN. From the first phone call to the end of the wedding, Vynce was incredible to work with - professional, experienced, and personable. He provided us with guidance and ideas regarding music, lighting and the flow of the wedding - while also letting us make the wedding our own. Everyone was obsessed with our wedding party flash mob (idea provided by Vynce!), our hora (mix provided by Vynce!), the fact that we danced before everyone sat down for dinner, and all of the music played throughout the reception. We absolutely had the best time at our wedding, and our guests did too - because no one left the dance floor! Thank you so much for making our wedding the PARTY we hoped for!!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Vynce for our wedding September 2017, he did our music and we did string lighting through him as well. It was an outdoor wedding. From start to finish, Vynce is excellent at communication. We had vynce do many things for our wedding, including playing songs during the ceremony, helping with mics for readings and singing and instruments, he helped coordinate events during our reception and everything ran smoothly from speeches to first dances, to singing a UW alumni song late night! He also did a mash-up of several songs for our first dance. Our dance floor was packed all night, and the music was fun and fitting for our diverse group. I would give a strong recommendation to use Music Phreek for your event!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

When we met Vynce we knew almost right away that he was going to be the perfect DJ for us. He was friendly, professional, very quick to respond to emails and answer questions, and very open to playing all of the music that we wanted on our big day. We had a unique set-up with a couple of different locations where we wanted music and he was very accommodating and gave us exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments from wedding guests about how fun our wedding was because Vynce made sure to keep the dance floor packed the entire night! He also made the ballroom look amazing with his lighting equipment. We had the best time at our wedding and we have Vynce to thank for throwing such a fun party. Thank you for everything Vynce!!

Profile Picture Jilli, 8/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My husband and I had our wedding on 8/12 at Twin Oaks House & Gardens. When we signed our contract for the venue we were given a list of preferred DJ's to choose from. We were ovwehlemed by the choices, how in the world do you know which DJ is the right one for you? Music, dancing and giving our guests a great party was at the top of our priority list and we didn't want to mess that up. With that, we set up a number of interviews over the phone with DJ's. I can say in complete honesty, when we hung up the phone with Vynce we both looked at each other and said "That's our guy." Vynce has a persona and attitude about him that makes you feel comfortable and confident in his abilities from the get go. Not only did he work with our other vendors (ceremony music, videography, etc) but he provided input when we asked for suggestions about timelines, entrances, etc. Vynce had by the far the quickest response time of any vendor we used (within minutes-hours) which was such a stress relief when we had a question. He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his craft and that was evident in all aspects of working with Vynce. As for the wedding day itself, Vynce started the party and kept it going the entire night. Our dance floor was always full, he followed our must plays, don't plays and used our suggested song list to play just the right songs at the right times. He was right on cue with all announcements we asked for and gave us a truly flawless night. Vynce, THANK YOU for making our night everything we had hoped and imagined. I would without any hesitation recommend Vynce to anyone looking for a DJ in the future!

Profile Picture Alexa, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had DJ Vynce Pham for our wedding on August 11th, 2017. Vynce is highly professional, comes with a great selection of music, and I could tell he put alot of effort into our wedding day. On the day of, he came prepared and dressed professionally. I especially liked how he mixed the songs together so there was never an awkward pause in transition between songs, it flowed perfectly! My only complaint with Vynce is that he is somewhat stuck in his ways and can come off a bit rude if you want to do things differently. He scoffed at a few of my song choices, and at one point tried to change the schedule of events during the wedding without informing me. Vynce is very talented and does quite alot of weddings, so I'm sure he was just trying to do what he thought was best from his experience, however I do think he should've been more flexible and receptive to the Bride and Groom's desires. Overall, I think Vynce made our wedding reception great!

Profile Picture Sierra, 8/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I knew that the DJ would be one of the most important vendors for our wedding. We wanted a fun vibe and Vynce delivered just that! Vynce used a mixture of songs from our list as well as what he thought worked best with our crowd. He did a great job at keeping the party going all night. Vynce did music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He was perfectly able to capture the sounds that we wanted for each part of the wedding. We knew from the moment that we met him, we wanted him to DJ our wedding. Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, Vynce was always quick to respond to emails and any questions that we had. He also had a great idea to bring in our wedding party, which was like a flash mob. It was a lot of fun! The wedding party and wedding guests all loved it. We are both so happy with our decision to hire Vynce. We 100% recommend his amazing DJ skills to anyone who is looking for a quality DJ!

Profile Picture Daniela, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You should absolutely hire Vynce Pham now! From the start, he put us at ease with the clarity of his vision for how to create the right moods at the right times during our wedding. Leading up to our big day at Twin Oaks Garden Estate in San Marcos, we were confident that “DJ Phreek” would help us make our wedding the best party ever and he certainly didn’t disappoint. The playlist flowed seamlessly and it was obvious that Vynce responded to the crowd, so that the dance floor was never empty and our reception had exactly the energy we wanted. All in all, it was A+ work! We had a BLAST. Thanks for everything, Vynce!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

You know that song by Usher "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love Again", well this is exactly that DJ. I mean, everyone in the party (from a 3 yr old kid to the bride/groom's parents) had a blast at the Cuvier Club (La Jolla) on our wedding. Vynce was awesome to work with and he is truly helpful. One thing that sets him a part is that he is truly a 'prof-ersonal' with the service he provides. He knows the music to play with the party's vibe, you don't have to turn around and make any suggestions while you are on the dance floor because he 'got you'. This DJ is definitely not the type to just put a music list, load it up and call it a night. In conclusion, if you want to have memorable night hire this DJ - it's the best decision you will ever have to make.

Thank you Vynce- we loved our wedding day because you made it special !!!

#versaceonthefloor
#canyoufeeltherain
#danzakuduro

- Best regards,

Sharon and Paolo

Profile Picture PAOLO, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We were referred to Vynce from our good friend and wedding planner. From our initial contact/interview with Vynce, we knew he was our DJ. He was incredibly professional, fun, and accommodating. He was extremely responsive anytime we reached out to him, whether it was through call, text or email. He took our music selections and turned it into a better mix than we could have ever imagined. He was so helpful in adding songs that fell under our musical taste but that also catered to a diverse wedding crowd. He kept everyone amped up from the moment they stepped into the reception (literally, even our 80 year old grandparents stayed and danced to our last song). We cannot say enough good things about Vynce. He was absolutely perfect in every way. A million times, thank you!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Bottom Line Up Front: Super talented and professional DJ Vynce Pham is a MUST for your next wedding or event! After attending many weddings with my fiance, one thing we decided early on for our wedding was that the music and DJ would have to be great. A good DJ makes or breaks a wedding - talking too much, bad transitions between songs, or not reading the crowd correctly equals a bad time, which no one wants! Luckily Vynce is an AMAZING DJ who reads the crowd well and has buttery smooth song transitions. Even better, he keeps the announcements/talking to a minimum to keep the focus on you! He responds ultra-fast to emails and will do whatever he can to get the most out of your budget. Vynce definitely helped make our wedding so enjoyable and memorable - we can't thank him enough!

Profile Picture Ann, 3/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

David and I are beyond grateful to have Vynce as our DJ for our recent wedding. Our venue had very strict guidelines for music since it was an outdoor venue and Vynce was listed as one of their preferred DJs/MCs. I will admit that I did reach out to a few other DJs during my search, but I something was just missing/off with the other DJs. I guess they were just all about business... I really can't blame them because this technically is just another business transaction in the books. However, if we need to work with someone for the long haul, we wanted someone authentic and truly passionate about what they do day in and day out. Lucky for us, our florist (Classic Blooms Studio - the best florist in town!) recommended Vynce to us! When you have people in the wedding industry recommending vendors they would use for their own big day, it really says a lot!
After speaking to Vynce on the phone about his style of music and getting to know him, we instantly felt comfortable with him. Vynce was EXTREMELY responsive through out the entire process! The poor guy received a ton of emails from me during all hours of the day and 99% of the time, he responds immediately! He's also very attentive to details and noticed that there was a discrepancy between our contracted service and the timelines I provided him the week before the wedding and immediately pointed it out to me so we can make the necessary changes before the wedding. I should mention that the discrepancy was due to my error vs. Vynce.
On the day of the wedding he kept us on schedule throughout the entire event and was extremely flexible with any last minute requests I made on the day of the wedding (i.e. lighting changes to capture better photos, additional announcements for photos, etc.). Our guests had a great time and we know this because we overheard many of our guests complementing Vynce on the music during cocktail hours (way before the reception actually started!).
We cannot thank Vynce enough.

Profile Picture Vicky, 3/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you're looking for an incredible DJ, stop looking and book with Music Phreek. Vynce is so knowledgable, friendly and incredible at what he does. He is so welcoming and truly makes the night. He is so outgoing and makes the whole process enjoyable and fun. From our first meeting, to emails, practicing uplighting and our actual wedding Vynce was so supportive and present. His communication and response time is phenomenal! Stop looking and just do it, his skills are incredible!!!

A little info about us:
Bride and Groom: 25 years old
Guest ranged from all ages and there was a great variety of music
Venue: Green Gables Wedding Estate

Profile Picture Natasha, 3/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

Vynce was the best DJ we could have asked for to handle our wedding! We had to pick a DJ from our venue's preferred DJ list, and we were so glad that it introduced us to Vynce. We needed someone who was familiar with Filipino weddings and knew all the line dancing songs to play and he delivered. He was very accommodating to our requests and gave helpful suggestions regarding the timeline and song selections. Everything went so smoothly. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Profile Picture User7670406, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Vynce was AWESOME!! I had the honor of planning the wedding for my son and his bride. Music is a huge deal in our family and we all knew that we were all going to be very picky about this part of the wedding/reception. We did a lot of research and spoke with a lot of DJs and when we (almost the entire family) interviewed Vynce, we instantly knew he was going to be a great match for us. Vynce is extremely professional and easy going at the same time. He really knows his stuff. We also thought he was great in relating to the needs of the bride and groom and all their guests as the majority of the guests were in their early 20's. We really wanted it to be a party atmosphere but we also had to stay on schedule with all the wedding stuff and Vynce kept us in track. We provided a long list of random music and he added some great suggestions and it all flowed together so nicely. Vynce also had some great suggestions for lighting that really helped to set the mood for our venue. It was really great to have him there and know that I could thoroughly enjoy the wedding/reception without being in planning mode anymore. Thank you Vynce and team!!!

Profile Picture Gail, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot recommend Vynce enough!!!

He was referred to us by our wedding planner, and once we talked to him, we knew we didn't want to go with anyone else. He is a complete professional. He was always responsive with calls and emails, and I was never left with any questions after we talked. He did a great job with the music and he was very good about keeping us on schedule. I was surprised by the number of guests on the dance floor, but he knew what music to play to get everybody in the mood. I'm not much of a dancer myself, and I found myself out there.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/27/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

Vynce was an awesome DJ! I highly recommend him if you're looking for a DJ that simply dedicates himself to you on your wedding day. He'll go above and beyond to create a wonderful experience for you and your guests. A complete professional. He listens and communicates extremely well. If you want a DJ to create what you envision on your day, call him right now to book. He's a busy man.

You know the DJ is great when you forget to say whats up till the end because you're too busy getting down on the dance floor lol Vynce, thanks so much! Again, great job! Jennifer and I had a blast working with you.

Profile Picture Marden, 8/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Definitely use Vynce! We used him not only for music, but for our lighting too. It was beautiful! He is responsive, professional, patient, and really nice! He knew everything about our venue, and told us what would best for layout, lighting, and recommended our coordinator. So much less stressful to have someone who can help, understands what you want, and is so easy to work with. The music was amazing, played our songs, and everyone loved the dj!

Profile Picture megan, 8/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Vynce was such an integral part of our successful wedding.

From the start Vynce had been really responsive to emails and Skype calls, and also cooperative about ideas, song lists, timeline walk-throughs. On the wedding day, Vynce was very timely with setup and sound test, and every song he played was to our taste as we requested.

We threw him a few curve balls along the way - a guest singer performance, partnering with a bilingual MC, and canceling our First Dance at the last second, and Vynce was able to seamlessly figure out everything and delivered a blast of a night! He even gave us a compilation of all the songs he played as a souvenir.

We cannot say enough good things about Vynce and we HIGHLY recommend you to check him out for your next event.

Profile Picture Scott, 7/23/16, 1 Review