Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services Reviews

171 | Escondido, CA

171 Reviews for Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services

171 Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services Reviews

Taylor · Married on 09/08/2018

The music portion of my wedding was probably the most important element in my mind when I began planning my wedding and I definitely made the right choice when hiring Vynce! He was super responsive and QUICK to respond and was super flexible with ALL the changes we were making. Also, he knows his up-lights! I trusted him to choose the color for our up- lights in our reception and he nailed it. Thanks again Vynce!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

Thank you Taylor and Mark for having me DJ for you and your family and friends! So much fun:)

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2018

Vynce is an amazing DJ. He kept everyone dancing the whole night at our wedding. He understands how to mix some favorite "oldies" (for my parent's generation) with newer radio hits to keep EVERYONE happy. He was very easy to communicate with about song choices and set-up at the venue. The ceremony was flawless. He finished the night out with our requested last song - as an amazing remix that I will NEVER forget. He is professional, yet approachable/relatable. If I ever have to hire a DJ in San Diego for another event I will 100% choose Vynce!

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2018

Vynce is amazing! He is easy to work with and knows how to keep the energy going throughout your wedding.

We were referred to Vynce by our wedding coordinator. He responded to emails promptly and he was always very professional. When we were first looking for a DJ, we emailed a few different people for quotes (including Vynce). A week or so after receiving his quote, Vynce gave us a heads up that another couple was inquiring about our same wedding date and he asked that we put down a deposit if we wanted to secure our date with him. We really connected with Vynce and wanted to book him so I really appreciated that he gave us this heads up. We encountered other wedding vendors who did not give us that courtesy and just booked whoever paid them first.

In our first and only face to face meeting with Vynce before the wedding, he was really informative, knowledgeable and personable. He gave us tips for music and sent us templates to help us make our wedding song list. He also explained all about uplighting and his sound system.

On the day of the wedding, Vynce's work was flawless. He played the songs from our song list and really knew how to keep the energy going all night. Multiple guests told us our wedding was one of the most fun they've been to and we really think Vynce played a big part in that.

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vynce to DJ your wedding. Thank you Vynce!

amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Vynce knocked it out of the park for our wedding in August!!!! He was nothing but accommodating throughout the whole entire preparation. From type of music, specific cues for wedding songs & just keeping the party going, Vynce did it all!!!! he is just a text or phone call away to answer any questions we needed answered leading up to our big day!!! he even provides the bride/groom with CD’s of our ceremony & reception music at the end of the night (which we still listen to on a daily to relive the BEST DAY EVER!!!!)
    thank you Vynce for making our dream day even more amazing than we ever thought possible!!!

Tiffany · Married on 08/18/2018

Why You should book Vynce:
    *Professional and quickest vendor responses ever!
    *Takes charge of the schedule well and " wrangles" your family respectfully for you! (your DJ makes or breaks pacing of your wedding after the ceremony)
    *Caters to your music requests and just "gets' it"
    *Several of our guests commented on how great the music was and were shazam-ing songs!
    *If you want your guests to STAY 'til the end and dance all night
    *If you want a DJ that you can have just 2 meetings with to give him your vision and then just let it go and know it'll be just how you want and one less thing you have to worry about!

Our Experience Before the Wedding:
    Vynce and his team were absolutely phenomenal!!! I was one of those brides that got overwhelmed towards the end and with all the final meetings and family obligations, the one thing I was looking forward to the most was my playlist; Vynce went above and beyond to not only customized 3 songs just for us, he completely finished my playlist perfectly.

Our experience during the Wedding:
    He is so professional, positive and set up quickly. We had a specific timing for our processional and post ceremony songs and everything went according to plan!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services 1
    Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services 2
    Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services 3

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

Thank you so much for the compliments Tiffany! It was an absolute pleasure DJing for you and Jeffrey as well as all of your friends and family. Now I know why you wanted the music you did, they were a great party crowd:-)

Tuan · Married on 08/11/2018

Vynce helped DJ our wedding this past Saturday at Grand Tradition’s Arbor Terrace and he couldn’t have been more amazing!

I DJ’d myself back in college so I know how much experience it requires to properly read a dance floor and pick just the right song to keep the party going. Vynce did not disappoint and he was extremely professional from the moment we first contacted him up through our last song on the night of our wedding.

Whether you know the exact songs for your special night or just have a general idea, Vynce and his team have the music library, ear, and attention to detail that will ensure your guests have the time of their lives.

If you’re looking for someone to not only DJ your event, but help you have an awesome night. Vynce and his team is your answer. Just hope he isn’t booked already!

Kanani · Married on 07/20/2018

10 stars!!!! Vynce is THE ULTIMATE DJ!! With a wild group of guests coming from 2 very different cultures (Mexican and Hawaiian) he was able to get the party started at 200%, and keep it going the entire night. From the ceremony to the very end. Music and dancing are very important parts of my and my husband's life. We're music junkies! And trust me when I say Vynce was everything we could ever hope for! His professionalism was top notch. His gear and mad mixing skills are KILLER! Seriously sounded like a concert! He's the real deal, and kept the jams coming all night long... no one would leave the dance floor :) To all the brides and grooms, or anyone having a party and looking for the best DJ out there, let me tell you... DJ Phreek is your guy. Thank you Vynce for making our night so memorable, you are the best ever.

Brittany · Married on 05/19/2018

Vynce is amazing! We actually met Vynce through one of my bridesmaids, he had been her wedding DJ and my husband and I had thought the music was amazing at her wedding! I don't think I could say I was helpful in picking out our music list and he was able to work miracles with what my husband and I were able to give him for our entire wedding. And that's saying something because we had so many different types of music in our list. Even though we literally couldn't make up our minds on certain things up to the day of, he was awesome and presented lots of options. Our wedding night was so much fun and I was so happy to see lots of people dancing. He is truly an amazing person and we are so glad to have met someone with such a big heart, and he even hooked us up with an amazing surprise for our 1st dance! Thank you so much Vynce!!
    #HAPPYLEEDYEVERAFTER

Margarita · Married on 05/04/2018

My husband and I hired our good friend Vynce to be our wedding DJ after we'd attended other events he DJ'd. Our meetings, whether they were by email, text or phone call were always full of laughs but never stopped being the professional he is. He also provided the lighting to our event which looked incredible and even wore a tangerine shirt to match my color scheme. He offered suggestions for dinner music, during cake cutting and grand entrance. He played from our chosen list but also fed off the energy of the crowd and kept everyone on the dance floor. We were told by many guests that it had been one of the funnest weddings they'd been to. Thanks Vynce!!

Mr. And Mrs. Bryan Bedoy

Alexandria · Married on 03/30/2018

Vynce was so great to work with! His prices were reasonable and he threw in ideas to help make everything come together! Loved working with him and he had a great attitude the entire day! Super friendly!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

Congratulations Alexandria and Ryan and thank you for being so wonderful to work with!

Samuel · Married on 03/17/2018

We hired Vynce (DJ Phreek) to DJ our wedding and set up lights in March 2018 and couldn't be happier with his work. Vynce has a great attitude and the highest degree of professionalism. He was in touch with us well in advance of the event to help us through music selection -- what events needed specific sound cues, what kind of music we liked, what songs we wanted played, and so on. He was also able to set up lights at our venue and they looked beautiful. Vynce did a great job at the event and had the dance floor packed all night. We felt like he genuinely wanted to make our event what we wanted while also being totally prepared to jump in with suggestions or ideas. If you have an event you need a DJ or lighting for, definitely call DJ Phreek!

Mitchell · Married on 02/17/2018

Vynce DJ’ed my sister’s wedding a few years ago, and did a remarkable job. So when my wife and I first got engaged I didn’t even think twice as to whom we would hire as our wedding DJ.

As soon as we hired Vynce we knew we made the right decision. Not only is he extremely professional, but it seems like he has a never-ending stream of great ideas. Whenever we’d shoot an idea at him, he somehow would take that idea and make it so much better. He made the whole wedding planning process fun and easy. My wife and I are not the most “organized” people, but Vynce did a great job of keeping us on track and getting us prepared for our big day.

On the day of our actual wedding Vynce was the freaking man! The DJ sets the tone for the entire party, and Vynce set the right tone from start to finish. We honestly never once had a hiccup with Vynce.

He is fun, friendly, professional, prompt, and passionate. The list goes on. We would highly recommend Vynce as a DJ to EVERYBODY!!!

Sarah-Lynn · Married on 01/03/2018

I would just like to start off by saying that my husband and I were to choose a DJ from the preferred vendor list from our venue.

I must have interviewed every DJ on the list (from about 16+) and I was not too thrilled on the selection. DJ Vynce Pham was the last person I spoke with and I am so glad I met him. Right away I knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding. He carries such great energy, positivity and really knows his stuff! My husband will say "he is more than just a DJ - he does it all!" He even serves as a bit of a coordinator, set-ups the lighting for your reception venue, and also is one great MC. He ensured everything went smoothly on our big day!

Prior to our wedding we had sync up calls and he is very detailed oriented about the music list and gives great advice. I appreciated his opinions since he has more experience when it comes to weddings!

On our wedding day, there were so many people on the dance floor! DJ Vynce Pham "Music Phreek" kept the party going!! Everything about our wedding was perfect, and he played such a huge role into making it all happen. I recommend Vynce to every couple, he truly is the best!
    Thank you, Vynce!!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services 4

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

Thanks so much Sarah Lynn and Rhodney for this wonderful 5 review!

Chelsea · Married on 10/28/2017

THE BEST DJ - HANDS DOWN. From the first phone call to the end of the wedding, Vynce was incredible to work with - professional, experienced, and personable. He provided us with guidance and ideas regarding music, lighting and the flow of the wedding - while also letting us make the wedding our own. Everyone was obsessed with our wedding party flash mob (idea provided by Vynce!), our hora (mix provided by Vynce!), the fact that we danced before everyone sat down for dinner, and all of the music played throughout the reception. We absolutely had the best time at our wedding, and our guests did too - because no one left the dance floor! Thank you so much for making our wedding the PARTY we hoped for!!!

Sara · Married on 09/02/2017

We hired Vynce for our wedding September 2017, he did our music and we did string lighting through him as well. It was an outdoor wedding. From start to finish, Vynce is excellent at communication. We had vynce do many things for our wedding, including playing songs during the ceremony, helping with mics for readings and singing and instruments, he helped coordinate events during our reception and everything ran smoothly from speeches to first dances, to singing a UW alumni song late night! He also did a mash-up of several songs for our first dance. Our dance floor was packed all night, and the music was fun and fitting for our diverse group. I would give a strong recommendation to use Music Phreek for your event!

• Jilli

Jilli · Married on 08/13/2017

When we met Vynce we knew almost right away that he was going to be the perfect DJ for us. He was friendly, professional, very quick to respond to emails and answer questions, and very open to playing all of the music that we wanted on our big day. We had a unique set-up with a couple of different locations where we wanted music and he was very accommodating and gave us exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments from wedding guests about how fun our wedding was because Vynce made sure to keep the dance floor packed the entire night! He also made the ballroom look amazing with his lighting equipment. We had the best time at our wedding and we have Vynce to thank for throwing such a fun party. Thank you for everything Vynce!!

Alexa · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I had our wedding on 8/12 at Twin Oaks House & Gardens. When we signed our contract for the venue we were given a list of preferred DJ's to choose from. We were ovwehlemed by the choices, how in the world do you know which DJ is the right one for you? Music, dancing and giving our guests a great party was at the top of our priority list and we didn't want to mess that up. With that, we set up a number of interviews over the phone with DJ's. I can say in complete honesty, when we hung up the phone with Vynce we both looked at each other and said "That's our guy." Vynce has a persona and attitude about him that makes you feel comfortable and confident in his abilities from the get go. Not only did he work with our other vendors (ceremony music, videography, etc) but he provided input when we asked for suggestions about timelines, entrances, etc. Vynce had by the far the quickest response time of any vendor we used (within minutes-hours) which was such a stress relief when we had a question. He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his craft and that was evident in all aspects of working with Vynce. As for the wedding day itself, Vynce started the party and kept it going the entire night. Our dance floor was always full, he followed our must plays, don't plays and used our suggested song list to play just the right songs at the right times. He was right on cue with all announcements we asked for and gave us a truly flawless night. Vynce, THANK YOU for making our night everything we had hoped and imagined. I would without any hesitation recommend Vynce to anyone looking for a DJ in the future!

Daniela · Married on 07/08/2017

My husband and I knew that the DJ would be one of the most important vendors for our wedding. We wanted a fun vibe and Vynce delivered just that! Vynce used a mixture of songs from our list as well as what he thought worked best with our crowd. He did a great job at keeping the party going all night. Vynce did music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He was perfectly able to capture the sounds that we wanted for each part of the wedding. We knew from the moment that we met him, we wanted him to DJ our wedding. Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, Vynce was always quick to respond to emails and any questions that we had. He also had a great idea to bring in our wedding party, which was like a flash mob. It was a lot of fun! The wedding party and wedding guests all loved it. We are both so happy with our decision to hire Vynce. We 100% recommend his amazing DJ skills to anyone who is looking for a quality DJ!

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2017

You should absolutely hire Vynce Pham now! From the start, he put us at ease with the clarity of his vision for how to create the right moods at the right times during our wedding. Leading up to our big day at Twin Oaks Garden Estate in San Marcos, we were confident that “DJ Phreek” would help us make our wedding the best party ever and he certainly didn’t disappoint. The playlist flowed seamlessly and it was obvious that Vynce responded to the crowd, so that the dance floor was never empty and our reception had exactly the energy we wanted. All in all, it was A+ work! We had a BLAST. Thanks for everything, Vynce!

PAOLO · Married on 04/15/2017

You know that song by Usher "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love Again", well this is exactly that DJ. I mean, everyone in the party (from a 3 yr old kid to the bride/groom's parents) had a blast at the Cuvier Club (La Jolla) on our wedding. Vynce was awesome to work with and he is truly helpful. One thing that sets him a part is that he is truly a 'prof-ersonal' with the service he provides. He knows the music to play with the party's vibe, you don't have to turn around and make any suggestions while you are on the dance floor because he 'got you'. This DJ is definitely not the type to just put a music list, load it up and call it a night. In conclusion, if you want to have memorable night hire this DJ - it's the best decision you will ever have to make.

Thank you Vynce- we loved our wedding day because you made it special !!!

#versaceonthefloor
    #canyoufeeltherain
    #danzakuduro

- Best regards,

Sharon and Paolo

Sent on 06/06/2017

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

You two were so awesome to work with Paolo and Sharon!

Lisa · Married on 04/08/2017

We were referred to Vynce from our good friend and wedding planner. From our initial contact/interview with Vynce, we knew he was our DJ. He was incredibly professional, fun, and accommodating. He was extremely responsive anytime we reached out to him, whether it was through call, text or email. He took our music selections and turned it into a better mix than we could have ever imagined. He was so helpful in adding songs that fell under our musical taste but that also catered to a diverse wedding crowd. He kept everyone amped up from the moment they stepped into the reception (literally, even our 80 year old grandparents stayed and danced to our last song). We cannot say enough good things about Vynce. He was absolutely perfect in every way. A million times, thank you!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

I thoroughly loved working with you two Lisa and Brian! I'm so thrilled you and the guests had an amazing time and I loved see the grandparents shaking it out there too. We even have a video to prove the experience:)

Ann · Married on 03/19/2017

Bottom Line Up Front: Super talented and professional DJ Vynce Pham is a MUST for your next wedding or event! After attending many weddings with my fiance, one thing we decided early on for our wedding was that the music and DJ would have to be great. A good DJ makes or breaks a wedding - talking too much, bad transitions between songs, or not reading the crowd correctly equals a bad time, which no one wants! Luckily Vynce is an AMAZING DJ who reads the crowd well and has buttery smooth song transitions. Even better, he keeps the announcements/talking to a minimum to keep the focus on you! He responds ultra-fast to emails and will do whatever he can to get the most out of your budget. Vynce definitely helped make our wedding so enjoyable and memorable - we can't thank him enough!

Vicky · Married on 03/15/2017

David and I are beyond grateful to have Vynce as our DJ for our recent wedding. Our venue had very strict guidelines for music since it was an outdoor venue and Vynce was listed as one of their preferred DJs/MCs. I will admit that I did reach out to a few other DJs during my search, but I something was just missing/off with the other DJs. I guess they were just all about business... I really can't blame them because this technically is just another business transaction in the books. However, if we need to work with someone for the long haul, we wanted someone authentic and truly passionate about what they do day in and day out. Lucky for us, our florist (Classic Blooms Studio - the best florist in town!) recommended Vynce to us! When you have people in the wedding industry recommending vendors they would use for their own big day, it really says a lot!
    After speaking to Vynce on the phone about his style of music and getting to know him, we instantly felt comfortable with him. Vynce was EXTREMELY responsive through out the entire process! The poor guy received a ton of emails from me during all hours of the day and 99% of the time, he responds immediately! He's also very attentive to details and noticed that there was a discrepancy between our contracted service and the timelines I provided him the week before the wedding and immediately pointed it out to me so we can make the necessary changes before the wedding. I should mention that the discrepancy was due to my error vs. Vynce.
    On the day of the wedding he kept us on schedule throughout the entire event and was extremely flexible with any last minute requests I made on the day of the wedding (i.e. lighting changes to capture better photos, additional announcements for photos, etc.). Our guests had a great time and we know this because we overheard many of our guests complementing Vynce on the music during cocktail hours (way before the reception actually started!).
    We cannot thank Vynce enough.

Natasha · Married on 03/10/2017

If you're looking for an incredible DJ, stop looking and book with Music Phreek. Vynce is so knowledgable, friendly and incredible at what he does. He is so welcoming and truly makes the night. He is so outgoing and makes the whole process enjoyable and fun. From our first meeting, to emails, practicing uplighting and our actual wedding Vynce was so supportive and present. His communication and response time is phenomenal! Stop looking and just do it, his skills are incredible!!!

A little info about us:
    Bride and Groom: 25 years old
    Guest ranged from all ages and there was a great variety of music
    Venue: Green Gables Wedding Estate

Sent on 03/12/2017

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Services's reply:

It's always a pleasure DJing for such an amazing couple as yourselves!
  • User7670406 · 1+ year ago

Vynce was the best DJ we could have asked for to handle our wedding! We had to pick a DJ from our venue's preferred DJ list, and we were so glad that it introduced us to Vynce. We needed someone who was familiar with Filipino weddings and knew all the line dancing songs to play and he delivered. He was very accommodating to our requests and gave helpful suggestions regarding the timeline and song selections. Everything went so smoothly. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.