Music on the Move DJs Reviews

16 | Sacramento, CA

16 Reviews for Music on the Move DJs

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2019

The only DJ you need!

Dara and Doug are the only DJ service you should hire!!! From the day we meet Dara and Doug we know it was a match made in heaven. Our first meeting with them was so amazing! Dara and Doug really grilled us on our vision of what we wanted for our wedding and I couldn’t be happier that they did that, it will got us thinking on how to make our wedding beyond amazing. The ideas that they came up with on how to make it that much more where so awesome and fun! Every step of the way in wedding planning Dara and Doug went above and beyond! I has many questions as to how what and why and they answered each one that made the process so exciting. Dara made my wedding day run so smoothly and we could not have done it without her! Was so full of tip and everything to make sure the day was stress free and went out without a hitch! Doug and his professional MC were amazing at the reception! The music that was played was a combination of a playlist we made up and they picks and it flowed so well! The dance floor was a grooving! We can’t Dara and Doug enough for their services!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Aliesha · Married on 04/04/2019

They really took care of me!

They made sure everything went perfect ! Very attentive and fun to be around !

Sent on 05/10/2019

Melanie · Married on 01/12/2019

Couldn’t have asked for more❤️

Having the right DJ can make or break a wedding.  For that reason my fiancé and I wanted to be sure we chose wisely.  Music on the Move was referred to us by family friends.  We agreed to meet with them to discuss the possibility of hiring them for our wedding.  We thought we were just hiring a DJ, but shortly into our first meeting with Doug and Dara we realized that they were going to help orchestrate the whole ceremony!  They DJ the wedding, they MC the wedding, they provide lighting, they organize the rehearsal, the cake cutting, the bouquet toss, and on and on.  They basically provide a turnkey ceremony and that took an enormous burden off our shoulders!  Doug is the DJ and MC.  He possesses an extensive knowledge of music, editing skills, and great instincts when it comes to reading a crowd and selecting the appropriate song for the moment.  Dara is the coordinator.  She has strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, and is wonderful with people.  Together, the two of them worked symbiotically to make sure our wedding ran smoothly, and our guests had a great time.  It was such a blessing to have them by our side.  They demonstrated great professionalism and competence that can only come from individuals who are passionate about what they do and have years of experience doing it.  By the end of our wedding, they became family to us.  We love them!  Our guests loved them!  We received numerous comments, from guests of all ages, about the music played at our wedding.  Our guests loved the bride and groom “gameshow” that Doug and Dara recommended we incorporate into our wedding.  I really can’t say enough good things about the both of them.  They really delivered for us and made sure everything went smoothly.  Because of that we were able to enjoy our special day and we have many special memories to enjoy for the rest of our lives.  Thank you so much!!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Michelle Lind · Married on 09/15/2018

Truly the best DJ's

Doug and Dara told us they would make a memorable day for my husband and I and they overdelivered. Doug kept everyone entertained and Dara made sure things went smoothly! They are the best and my guests are still talking about the funniest wedding they have ever been to! We got married in September. In fact a family member decided to get married and they just booked them for their wedding.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Jeannette · Married on 07/14/2018

Thank God for Dara! She made the day run so smoothly and we could not have done it without her! On the day of the wedding, she made sure that I had no worries. She kept everyone on schedule and the wedding went smoothly in a large part to her. Doug and Dara are an AWSOME team! I was a neurotic bride, and (per my request) they met with me several times prior to the wedding, so that I could feel at ease with everything. Doug is a great MC and knows how to keep the party alive. The music selection was great, the uplighting was gorgeous, the games were fun. The entire evening was seamless, and our whole wedding experience was great. We would recommend Doug and Dara to anyone looking for more than just music for their wedding.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Fabulous services!!! As the mother of the bride, I cannot imagine how we could have pulled off a such a successful and fabulous wedding without Doug and Dara. They were responsive, creative, and - yes, when necessary - diplomatically assertive in order to keep everything moving smoothly. We loved working with them and felt they were part of the family by the end of the evening. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how they loved the event, and we were able to enjoy the entire day with Doug and Dara in charge. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Maria · Married on 10/03/2015

Dara and Doug were great. They listen to everything I wanted and were very quick to respond to emails. I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 09/26/2015

Doug and Dara are fabulous!!! They were available to us 24/7 and had excellent service. They were so wonderful to my husband and I. If I need another event with a DJ, they are my first and only stop for services. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were amazing!! :-)

Sent on 10/18/2015

Allison · Married on 03/14/2015

Doug and Dara are entertainment masters! One of the great things about them is that they customize your party for what YOU want, not what they think is best (although they've got some fabulous suggestions too!) My fiancé and I knew we wanted our guests to be very entertained at our wedding. It was really important that our wedding wasn't boring and that our guests had plenty to do to keep them occupied. Doug and Dara had an arsenal of fun activities, incorporating our guests into the festivities, and really making them feel included in the day's fun. Doug is a very skilled MC, who knows how to read the crowd, switch up music as necessary, and help set the mood for the evening. He and Dara worked flawlessly together, making sure there wasn't any dead air, and that the agenda went on in a timely manner. Very professional equipment as well with ad-ons like atmospheric lighting, photo booth, and light effects. I would highly recommend this wonderful DJ team to anyone who is looking for an awesome wedding (or party) DJ. Thanks you guys for adding to our unforgettable day!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2012

We used Music on the Move for our wedding in September and Doug and Dara were an amazing team! Our wedding went seamlessly thanks to them coordinating with the other vendors and keeping everything on track. They are both really helpful and had such fun ideas to make our wedding and reception memorable. Without Doug and Dara our wedding would have just not been the same! All of guests have commented on how smoothly everything went and they loved the music and fun games that were incorporated with the reception! When you meet them they will tell you they are different than other DJ’s and they really are! They offer so much more than just a DJ service! I would definitely recommend them my sisters are both planning on using them for their weddings! They are worth every penny!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/04/2011

I can't describe in words how incredibly happy we were with Music on the Move. Doug and Dara make an awesome team and I really feel that our wedding and reception would not have been as memorable without them. Not only were they professional and organized (the entire evening was seamless), but they added personal touches to our wedding night that gave us memories we will have for a lifetime.

Sent on 11/20/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2010

I thought Doug and Dara did a great job, but he did pronounce my husband's name wrong. Twice. I thought it was funny, but "danielle" didn't quite have the same sense of humor. None-the-less they were fabulous and all of the guests loved them!

Sent on 05/20/2010

Ellen · Married on 05/16/2015

Doug and Dara helped us have an unforgettable wedding experience. They are very passionate about their what they do. They aren't just DJs. They provided wedding entertainment for us that got all our 100+ guests involved. There was never a dull moment at our reception and we attribute this to Doug and Dara. We met with them twice before our reception to plan out everything. They were very responsive and professional. They gave us recommendations, as well as listened to our own recommendations. The music selection was great, the uplighting was great, the games were great. Our whole wedding experience was great, and we gladly recommend Doug and Dara to anyone looking for more than just music for your wedding.

Sent on 12/25/2015

Honor · Married on 06/04/2017

3.5

I recently had Dara work as the coordinator and Doug work as the DJ for my June 4th wedding. I can't say enough amazing things about Dara. From the minute I met her, I could tell she was very organized. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that I had no worries and was constantly checking-in with me to see how I was doing. She kept everyone on schedule and the wedding went smoothly in a large part to her. I also liked working with Doug, but there were a few things that I wish could have gone differently. For example, when he called me up for my daddy daughter song he referred to me as the artist rather than my name. One of my guests had to say something. Also, when he was calling up people for toasts he forgot my sister. I think this wasn't a super big deal as we added her last minute, but I think she was upset. Finally, I felt like our guests (who were much older) weren't really feeling his energy for some reason. Even with this being said, I would still highly recommend Dara and Doug for your wedding. They are a great team and will make your day special.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2013

2.0

Awesome duo of DJ's!
    Doug & Dara did an awesome job @ my wedding at the Grand Island Mansion on Sept 15th, 2013. They kept everything flowing nicely. With Doug as the Dj & Dara doing some coordinating & direction it's a great set up! Couple of cons during speeches I asked them to open it up after my family to guests to speak and Doug closed it off, my mom had to open it up & we got a lot of nice, heartfelt speech from my friend/ family & especially 87yr old grandfather. Nt sure why he did that was bit annoying after I had asked them several times I wanted to do that! Also, my sister Debbie matron of honor was supposed to do the 1st speech not Noah Adam best man( who had practically done nothing for the wedding except for show up) my sister did so many amazing things should had gone 1st which I had also told them about before hand, not sure what happened! Anyways all in all dd a awesome Job!!! Thank You :)

Sent on 10/16/2013