Music On Demand Disc Jockey's Reviews

39 | Sartell, MN

39 Reviews for Music On Demand Disc Jockey's

Sam · Married on 05/06/2016

Anthony offered a great service and was very helpful in setting up our wedding. Played great music and was a great value.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Sheila · Married on 11/07/2015

Tony was very accommodating for us. We had a last minute time change and some special things came up at the reception that we had not planned on. He was amazing in helping us out. He provided the entertainment starting with the arrival of our guests, through dinner and for the reception. He kept the crowd dancing and enjoying themselves. I got many compliments about how much fun the reception was and Tony played a big part in that.

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • User7281970 · 2+ years ago

Great dj. Had everyone dancing until we had to close down. Played a great lineup of music. Would most definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2016

John · Married on 07/29/2017

Excellent to communicate with. Did a great job with our wedding!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Levi · Married on 09/21/2018

Brandon was our dj and he did an awesome job! He showed up with plenty of time to set everything up. The dance floor was packed all night long and we had a blast! Would certainly recommend Music on Demand to a friend.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Rajahna · Married on 06/17/2017

I would highly recommend this company to everyone! Tony was very flexible with our requests & helpful in the event planning. They kept everyone dancing and entertained with great music & activities! Thanks, Music On Demand for helping make our night special.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Brenda · Married on 08/06/2016

Super easy to work with! They were willing to work with us on our outdoor reception. We were amazed that our DJ picked up on everyone's names so quickly and involved them in the songs.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kari Jo · Married on 07/15/2017

Extremely pleased with the DJ and the music choices. Very flexible and easy to coordinate with.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Hannah · Married on 09/10/2016

We booked Music On Demand DJs just 2 weeks before our wedding, and we live out of state. They were very helpful with getting our music arranged quickly. We did everything through the portal and over the phone. I was very happy with the end result! The DJ did great with both the music and the lights. Would recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Mary Jane · Married on 04/25/2015

4.2

We had a good experience, was set up on time, followed through on all of our needs. Had a great time.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Anna Dale · Married on 05/25/2019

2.0

Lower budget DJ

Working with Music on Demand was great. Tony, the owner I believe, was super responsive throughout the entire planning process. How this service works is that Tony works with you throughout the planning process and then he assigns a DJ that works for him to actually run the event. The DJ who was at our wedding had technical issues during our ceremony. It didn't ruin it for me, but I know that some of our guests could not hear anything in the back. During the dance, it took him a while to find the grove of finding the music that our guests would dance too, but part of that was because we were in a pavilion outside so it was still light when the dance started. One thing I will say was that he did a great job with our ceremony being in one location, having a social hour in another location, and then the dinner and dance in another location. Overall, the cost was worthwhile for what we got, but it was a bummer that our ceremony had so many issues.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Mary · Married on 07/14/2018

It was a fun day, some things were missed and maybe just miscommunication (songs we wanted played) but overall our day was perfect

Sent on 08/06/2018

Music On Demand Disc Jockey's's reply:

Yes, it was one of the more fun weddings I (Tony) had the pleasure of DJing this summer. Only a hand full of weddings end up going later than expected these days, and I have a feeling you guys would have danced till all hours of the morning. Sorry that I missed some songs. We do our best to keep a good flow and high energy level to the dance. Sometimes songs don't fit or get missed. We can still play those songs. It is just that we feel more comfortable if it comes as a day of request. Nobody likes it when the DJ kills the dance floor. Thanks again for the wonderful time.

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2016

Super helpful and flexible. Easy to work with and we had a great time!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kate · Married on 09/28/2019

3.6

OK experience

We booked our DJ and photobooth through Music on Demand and had Tony as our DJ. He did a great job with the music and our dance floor was full all night, no complaints on that front. It was nice to have the online portal to request songs, plan the timeline, etc. however, I did find the website slightly glitchy with the timeline portion. I would not recommend doing the photo booth through them. In our contract, it stated there would be a back drop and an "extra attendant" included. On the day of, there was no backdrop and there was also not an extra attendant, Tony just checked in on it every so often. I know several of the guests had issues with printing and the photo would take a second or two after the countdown so probably half of the pictures were blurry. The camera was also positioned very low so people had to squat down to get in the shot. This all could have been avoided if there was actually an attendant like there was supposed to be. I did bring my concerns up with Tony on the day of and he stated that there wasn't going to be an attendant. After the wedding, I emailed him with my complaints and he said there was a space constraint so they couldn't put up the backdrop, which I understand, but he had been to this venue many times, so this should have been communicated prior to the wedding. He also did not give an explanation as to why there was not an attendant or why it was stated in the contract that there would be one. This was a written contract that was broken, however, he did not offer any compensation for any of this. Overall, I would not recommend because of these issues. We were debating between Music On Demand and one other company who were both the same price. MOD offered the photo booth all night, whereas the other company offered it for only 4 hours, so we chose to go with MOD. However, my friends had the other company at their wedding, and it wasn't an issue that the photo booth was only there for 4 hours, the DJ was great, and the photo booth was MUCH better quality. There was actually an attendant there, there was a backdrop, the pictures were much better quality, and they also offered unlimited printing and an online photo gallery.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Music On Demand Disc Jockey's's reply:

Hi Kate - Thanks for the feedback! I glad to hear everyone enjoyed the music and had a great time out on the dancefloor. Yes, Djing is what we specialize in and then we offer a photo booth as an affordable option for our wedding couples. I'm very sorry about the confusion in our contract and can see why you might feel that there was a breach. It is easy for the DJ that is assigned to your event to attend the photo booth. AKA "attendant" in our wording. I can see how this could be miss leading and I made some adjustments. But I can assure you I was there at your wedding and was attending to the photo booth.

Yes, the DSLR camera does not easily adjust. I had set it up so that someone that was 6ft tall would comfortably be able to take a photo. What I have found is that if you have a large group or if you are getting close to the camera you are going to squat to get in the picture frame.

Yes - we do experience some blurry photos. What I'm finding is about 5-10%. This happens because of fast movements during the photoshoot. We are looking to upgrades to speed up the process (cutting down the # of blurry photo) but if we were to offer an extra attendant for the photo booth we would no longer be able to offer unlimited hours, prints, props and charge more. What I'm finding is that most of our customers find value in getting 3-4 more hours or 2x time as much fun, laughs, high-quality photos and wonderful memories for the same price if not a little bit more than typical 4-hour photo booth rental.

Once again I had a wonderful time at the wedding. You and your guests were a lot of fun. I just wish that were more of a fit when it came to the photo booth rental and I hope this better explains things then my email and our day of conversation. Congrats and my best wishes to your new adventure as a married couple!