Music & Memories DJ Services Reviews

25 | Monroeville, PA

25 Reviews for Music & Memories DJ Services

• Johnathon

Johnathon · Married on 11/30/2019

Couldn't ask for a better DJ!

Carl and Sophia are awesome! I seriously can't say enough good things about them. Weddings are all about details. This couple made it so we had nothing to worry about on their end. They constantly were checking in with us, planning calls, meeting us, and pretty much checking to make sure our day was going to be awesome. During the reception, the music was great and they were very responsive to any changes we wanted to make or have played. After the wedding they were the first people to send us pictures (yes they DJ, but they also got some great pics!) and a small collage/frame of our day. If you want a couple who just really loves weddings and will kill it on your day, please hire Carl and Sophia. Thank you guys again. Seriously awesome!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Johnathon, for your very complimentary review. It was a pleasure for Sophia & me--aka "Music & Memories"--to work with and get to know you and Kristie. We wish you two decades of Happiness TOGETHER!
  • Elaine

Elaine Detman · Married on 11/29/2019

Outstanding Job !

If your looking for extraordinary service then you need to hire Music Memories for your wedding ! Carl and Sophia are great to work with and they go above and beyond expectations! All we can say is that they are outstanding ! You will not be disappointed! Thank you for a wonderful day !

Sent on 12/30/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Elaine, thank you so much for your wonderful review of us! It was a pleasure to work with you in planning the Itinerary & Music for your Wedding Reception. We wish you and Neal All The BEST! God bless!
  • Janine

Janine Schomer · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful DJs and So Personable!

I just thought a DJ would show up and play music that I had selected but Carl and Sophia exceeded all of these expectations. They met with my fiancé and I over lunch months before the wedding. We discussed what we wanted for our reception. They had great ideas and were very organized about everything. I knew it was going to be a great reception with the two of them being our DJs and it was. The dance floor was packed the whole night and people kept telling me how much fun they were having. I cannot recommend these two enough. If you need someone to be your DJ you should hire Music & Memories DJ Services!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Janine!!! We had a blast at your wedding reception being your DJ's and MC's. You & Evan and all of your guests were so kind and complimentary to us. We wish All The Best to YOU & Evan! God bless.
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 10/12/2019

Very pleased

When my fiancé and I met with Carl and Sophia for lunch several months before our wedding, I was unsure if I even wanted to have a DJ, but I’m so glad we decided to work with them. They were very quick to respond throughout the whole planning process and helped us to make decisions about things I hadn’t even considered. They provided music and a wireless microphone for our outdoor ceremony and also provided music as well as general organization for the reception. Carl and Sophia were lovely to work with! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you, Maria, and Brad too! Both your Wedding Ceremony & Reception were beautiful and we were honored to do both. God bless.

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2019

Great Job and Great People

They listen to your needs and wants and accomodate you to the best of their ability. They are very nice people and very easy to work with. Respond very quickly to questions and messages. Made the reception flow nicely and willing to work with the other vendors the day of to keep everything on track and on time. Highly reccomended.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda & Eric! You and your guests were so kind and appreciative of our efforts. God bless!
  • Emily

Emily A Rolwes · Married on 08/24/2019

The are very invested in each client and every event the entertain at.

Carl and Sophia made every effort to make our wedding reception the best party ever. They met with us weeks before over dinner. Asked us for any guidelines that we had, and they came well prepared with two different speakers. Would definitely hire again.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for your kind review! It was our pleasure to DJ the Wedding Celebration/Party for you & Elijah. Glad we could provide music for both your lunch inside and the party outside with our two sound systems. Sophia & I had a blast watching your guests of all ages dance, dance, dance and have so much fun!!!
  • Michael

Michael Beer · Married on 08/24/2019

Truly Amazing Experience

Carl and Sophia were so friendly and professional. My wife and I kinda winged most of it, but Carl and Sophia were able to adjust quickly to our change in plans and were so awesome about everything. Music was also exactly what I was looking for.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Michael! We enjoyed planning the music and itinerary for your Wedding Reception with you and Brazel. We also loved the music you guys picked for your ceremony and were happy to provide that as well, We wish you decades of Good Health & Happiness TOGETHER!!! God bless.
  • Brazel

Brazel · Married on 08/24/2019

Bride wedding 8/24/2019

If you are looking for a dj and want someone that is hardworking, patient, and understanding Carl and Sophia are your people! I live in Texas and the process to organize a wedding over the phone is not easy, but Carl and Sophia made it easy! They are so great at what they do. If you take on there services they will show so much dedication to your event! They will help guide you through it, and if you want changes done they will change it. I am so thankful to have had Carl and Sophia by my side on my wedding day!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Brazel! Sophia & I loved helping you plan your Wedding Reception Itinerary & Music. You were so easy to work with--even though you were in Texas. We wish you & Mickey ALL The BEST! God bless.

Hope · Married on 08/19/2019

Daughters Wedding

Carl & Sophia are the kindest, most thoughtful and considerate couple. We were very on the fence as to whether or not to get a DJ, and talked with 2-3 other DJs before my daughter found Carl and Sophia. She was so excited immediately, they had every detail laid out for her, she just needed to include what exactly she wanted. She appreciated their guidance with the start to finish of the reception. They kept the reception moving along and it made it so nice that we were all able to visit and enjoy one another without worry of when to announce to do this or do that, they just kept all the traditions and things we requested going. I can not begin to express how grateful we were to have found them, and how fun they made our evening. They were open to taking requests, and played many great and popular dance songs. This is the most perfect couple to be a wedding DJ, they both compliment each other so well and their love for one another just shines. You can tell they really enjoy their job, and seeing the love the newly married couple shares as well as the love in the room as the families just enjoy themselves. Thank you both for everything!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Hope, for your beautiful review of us--aka "Music & Memories." We loved working with your daughter, Brazel, in putting together the music for her wedding ceremony to Mickey as well as the music for their reception. In every phone call and text message with us (since she was planning all of this from her home in Texas) we quickly learned that Brazel was/is beautiful both inside and out! We loved meeting you and your entire family as well, Hope! Thank you & Brazel for choosing us.
    God bless all of you.

Rachel Hudock · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful experience!

Carl & Sophia are the greatest!! They are extremely professional, down to earth, & very easy to work with!! It was a true pleasure having them at our reception! They really helped keep our reception going and everyone had a great time!! Highly recommended from this couple!!! Very glad we got to meet such a wonderful couple! God bless!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Rachel! It was our privilege and pleasure to DJ & MC your wedding reception. We wish you and Joe decades of love & good health together!!! God bless.
  • Dawn

Dawn Mccoy · Married on 06/22/2019

Take a chance on this wonderful couple!

We hired Carl and Sophia for my daughter’s wedding reception at Stratigos Banquet Center. They were extremely warm and friendly and very interested in finding out exactly what we wanted for our reception. Honestly, they made us feel like family from the moment we met with them! They did an excellent job moving the reception along at a pleasant pace and I received numerous compliments from our guests regarding the selection of music they chose to play while dinner was served. They ramped it up nicely for “party time” and everything was done very professionally. I would highly recommend them! As an added bonus, they were extremely reasonably priced, especially when compared to some of the more commercialized DJ’s out there.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Dawn, thank you so much for the kind words and heartfelt recommendation of Sophia and me--aka "Music & Memories DJ Services."
    You & Michael have such a beautiful family. It was our pleasure to DJ & MC your daughter, Rachel's wedding to Joe. ❤
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/24/2019

Simply the best!

I cannot say enough good things about Carl and Sophia as DJs and as people. They are so kind, conscientious, flexible, and professional. We were drawn to their very reasonable prices when we started our search for a wedding DJ, but as soon as we met them in person, we fell in love! They cared deeply about learning our story and getting to know us, and that care and attention to detail was reflected in their MC/DJ-ing services. We had several (very fun!) in-person meetings prior to the big day, and we had consistent text/e-mail communication to ensure every detail was perfect. I made some last-minute changes to the script of our entrance the week of the wedding, and they easily rolled with it to give us the exact wording/music we wanted. In short, they treated us like family. They also played an extra half hour of music beyond our contracted time and made arrangements to stay the night at the hotel, so we knew how committed they were to making sure our night was magical. We also noticed how reactive they were to our dance floor, customizing the music to what they saw garnering enthusiasm and also accepting requests without violating our no-play list! I truly hope we can remain in touch as friends, as they are simply the best people!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashleigh! We loved putting together the special songs/music for your wedding to George. Likewise, you two made us feel like family as well! We wish you many years and decades of Good Health & Happiness TOGETHER!
  • LuAnn

LuAnn · Married on 05/18/2019

Mrs. LuAnn G.

We had the greatest experience at our daughter’s wedding recently with this lovely couple .
    It was like having a part of the family taking care of music and announcements!
    They are both friendly and genuinely sweet people who helped to make our day perfect!!
    God bless them both!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, LuAnn. It was our privilege and pleasure to share in your daughter's beautiful wedding reception. You all made us feel like family as well. Best wishes to Dawn & Travis.

Dawn Heinz · Married on 05/18/2019

The Absolute Best and Most Genuine Couple!

We hit things off right away with Carl and Sophia! They are the nicest and most down to earth people. They are more than Djs they are our friends. They’ve done so much for our wedding I was blown away with all there efforts. They took care of everything so our night was worry free and listened to our every request!! They are perfect in every way I absolutely recommend them to anyone. They make the whole experience personal and don’t just look at you as another couple or number. Thanks so much guys you killed it!!❤️

Sent on 05/31/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Dawn! You and Travis were such wonderful people to work with in planning the music and special events for your wedding reception. It was our privilege and honor to DJ & MC your wedding. We wish you & Travis decades of Good Health & Happiness!!! God bless.
    Carl & Sophia/Music & Memories DJ Services
  • Hope

Hope Mcinnes · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful DJ & MC

We had about 2 months to put together a reception for my son & daughter in law, I messaged Carl & the response was fast & very informative. Luckily our reception was on a Sunday & they had availability. From there... everything went very smoothly, from playlists, to sequence of events. Thanks to the MC services everyone knew exactly what was going to happen next. He & Sophia showed up ontime & everything went perfectly. Our quests loved the music choices & all the fun dances too. Everyone had a blast dancing the day away! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for DJ services!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sylvia · Married on 08/18/2018

Music & Memories DJ’d at my sister’s wedding and they did a fabulous job. They worked with my sister & brother-in-law to get a play list that was all the music they like! I would highly recommend Carl & Sophia for your next event.

Sent on 09/04/2018

John · Married on 03/17/2018

Was great to hear classics from the 90's and early 2000's. Still played modern R&B too. The DJ was friendly and very accommodating to any requests. I would consider him again for another party or wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Tim · Married on 01/13/2018

In the months leading up to our wedding, I emailed frequently with Carl and Sophia and they were always very quick to respond (sometimes within the hour!). They offered great suggestions on music selections and permitted me to construct a fully customized playlist for our reception while still accommodating song requests during the actual event, which meant the world to my young niece when she was able to dance to Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA.” They ensured everything ran according to plan, coordinating with the various venue event planners behind the scenes to have their
    equipment set up and music playing well before guests arrived. Above all, Carl and Sophia were a joy to work with, because they treated our wedding day like it was as important and special to them as it obviously was to us. Entertainment is such a central part to a wedding, and Music & Memories played a huge part in making our big day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Chris · Married on 12/16/2017

These guys nailed it! Carl and Sophia are definitely the type of people & professionals you want for your event. They brought a variety of music, from current hits, to classics (like the YMCA!) that made everyone want to get up and dance! Carl even took the time to help me get the timing down for the music to be played during our wedding ceremony, and was very responsive to communication throughout the process. I'd definitely go with them again!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Kathy · Married on 12/16/2017

Music and Memories Affordable DJ Services is an outstanding vendor if you are looking for music for a wedding or any event! Carl and Sophia Becker provided the music for our son's wedding in December of 2017 and did so with the upmost professionalism and enthusiasm. Carl worked diligently with our son and his partner to assemble a collection of music that was meaningful to them. He also made sure there was a variety of music available that made everyone want to get up and dance! In addition Carl and Sophia provided beautiful music for the ceremony. They genuinely enjoyed the wedding reception as they not only played the music but interacted enthusiastically with the guests to make sure everyone had a great time. This was an outstanding vendor. Carl and Sophia Becker are both very professional and invested in making the event a memorable one!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Marie · Married on 09/23/2017

Carl & Sophia were high energy and personable DJ's and MC's who were dedicated and responsive to our every musical need and desire at our reception! We'd strongly recommend Music & Memories for your special day!

Sent on 08/28/2018

chrissy · Married on 09/13/2017

Carl and Sophia are a true class act when it comes to DJ's. I loved working with them, and will definitely use them again as well as recommend them to family and friends.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Janet · Married on 12/16/2017

Great song catalogue which had the guests up and dancing. Took lots of requests!! The DJ went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time and he definitely succeeded.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Cassie Smith · Married on 02/12/2020

We loved Carl & Sophia!

Carl and Sophia took our music considerations into consideration, helped us through understanding how we wanted our reception to flow and were great emcees!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you, Cassie & Jordan! Sophia & I LOVED DJ'ing your Wedding Reception! We wish you years of Happiness & Good Health! God bless you both.

Barbara · Married on 07/21/2018

3.5

I was at a friend's wedding and was extremely impressed with this DJ.
    The music was exactly what my friends wanted and the selection was very large.
    The guy was real friendly and pretty funny with the crowd.
    I got his name from my friend, who said he was great to work with and flexible.
    She said the contract was easy and straight forward.
    Everyone had a great time on the dance floor through the entire time.
    I plan on using "Music and Memories" and would recommend them to anyone looking for a excellent DJ.

Sent on 08/28/2018