Music & Memories DJ Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 10/09/2021

Extremely extraordinary and entertaining

Carl & Sophia are the absolute best DJ duo! They are extremely organized, great listeners, super helpful, and friendly! We had a nice first meeting at lunch, and had several phone conversations leading up to the wedding. They have great package options, and are very reasonable! They provided music for our ceremony and reception, and everyone loved the music selections! Sophia wasn’t able to attend our wedding but Carl had it together flying solo. He took pictures, played awesome music, and kept everyone entertained. They even sent us a really nice picture collage with music after the wedding! I can’t say enough about how wonderful they are! I highly recommend them!!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks you so much, Ashley, for your wonderful review of Sophia & me aka "Music & Memories." Very much appreciated! We wish you and Kevin decades upon decades of Love, Happiness & Good Health! God bless you both.
    Kelley S. Married on 10/02/2021

A must hire!!!

Carl and Sophia are great! From the beginning they were so welcoming, it seemed as if we had already known each other for years! We met over lunch to discuss details and also had multiple phone calls leading up to our big day to make sure everything was planned the way we wanted. Unfortunately Sophia was sick the day of our wedding and was not able to make it, but Carl killed it solo! He did everything we asked of him and more. He even went out of his way to snap a few photos and sent us a photo collage after the wedding! They are a sweet couple and know how to have fun. You will not be disappointed with Carl and Sophia!!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Kelley! We loved working with you and Ron. You are both so kind and it truly does feel like we've known each other for years! Sophia and I wish you and Ron decades & decades of Love, Good Health & Happiness. ♥️🥂♥️🍾♥️
  • Brittany
    Brittany M. Married on 09/18/2021

Highly Recommend!

Carl and Sophia were fantastic! We first met them over dinner and they were so sweet and welcoming. Carl and Sophia did everything we asked of them and more. Carl and Sophia were great communicators throughout the entire wedding planning process and we never felt like we were in the dark. We didn't have a day of coordinator so we really appreciated Sophia keeping an eye on time and helping us stay on schedule throughout the night. After the wedding, Carl and Sophia sent us pictures they took throughout the night and even made a photo collage! I highly recommend Carl and Sophia!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much Brittany for your wonderful review of "Music & Memories" aka Sophia & me! You and Cary were wonderful to work with in planning your Big Day! Sophia and I wish you two decades of Love, Laughter, and Good Health! God bless!
    Karlee S. Married on 07/24/2021

Above and beyond! So kind!

Carl and Sophia were the DJ's for our wedding and I cannot recommend them enough! Such friendly, personable people! They even took us out to eat to meet us and discuss our wedding vision! They offer incredible service, are so easy to communicate with through the whole process, and really work hard to make it what you want! My venue said that it was the most people they had seen on a dance floor, which is exactly what I wanted, and I owe it all to such wonderful DJ's! Thank you so much again for everything and for the sweet picture/ video montage thing that you made and sent us after the wedding!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Karlee!
    We enjoyed providing the music and wireless mic for your beautiful Wedding Ceremony and DJ'ing & MC'ing your Reception as well. Tons of Fun! We wish you & Alex decades of Love, Good Health & Happiness TOGETHER! --Carl & Sophia Music & Memories
  • Johnathon
    Johnathon Married on 11/30/2019

Couldn't ask for a better DJ!

Carl and Sophia are awesome! I seriously can't say enough good things about them. Weddings are all about details. This couple made it so we had nothing to worry about on their end. They constantly were checking in with us, planning calls, meeting us, and pretty much checking to make sure our day was going to be awesome. During the reception, the music was great and they were very responsive to any changes we wanted to make or have played. After the wedding they were the first people to send us pictures (yes they DJ, but they also got some great pics!) and a small collage/frame of our day. If you want a couple who just really loves weddings and will kill it on your day, please hire Carl and Sophia. Thank you guys again. Seriously awesome!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Johnathon, for your very complimentary review. It was a pleasure for Sophia & me--aka "Music & Memories"--to work with and get to know you and Kristie. We wish you two decades of Happiness TOGETHER!
  • Elaine
    Elaine D. Married on 11/29/2019

Outstanding Job !

If your looking for extraordinary service then you need to hire Music Memories for your wedding ! Carl and Sophia are great to work with and they go above and beyond expectations! All we can say is that they are outstanding ! You will not be disappointed! Thank you for a wonderful day !

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Elaine, thank you so much for your wonderful review of us! It was a pleasure to work with you in planning the Itinerary & Music for your Wedding Reception. We wish you and Neal All The BEST! God bless!
  • Janine
    Janine S. Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful DJs and So Personable!

I just thought a DJ would show up and play music that I had selected but Carl and Sophia exceeded all of these expectations. They met with my fiancé and I over lunch months before the wedding. We discussed what we wanted for our reception. They had great ideas and were very organized about everything. I knew it was going to be a great reception with the two of them being our DJs and it was. The dance floor was packed the whole night and people kept telling me how much fun they were having. I cannot recommend these two enough. If you need someone to be your DJ you should hire Music & Memories DJ Services!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Janine!!! We had a blast at your wedding reception being your DJ's and MC's. You & Evan and all of your guests were so kind and complimentary to us. We wish All The Best to YOU & Evan! God bless.
  • Maria
    Maria Married on 10/12/2019

Very pleased

When my fiancé and I met with Carl and Sophia for lunch several months before our wedding, I was unsure if I even wanted to have a DJ, but I’m so glad we decided to work with them. They were very quick to respond throughout the whole planning process and helped us to make decisions about things I hadn’t even considered. They provided music and a wireless microphone for our outdoor ceremony and also provided music as well as general organization for the reception. Carl and Sophia were lovely to work with! Highly recommended!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you, Maria, and Brad too! Both your Wedding Ceremony & Reception were beautiful and we were honored to do both. God bless.
    Amanda Married on 09/21/2019

Great Job and Great People

They listen to your needs and wants and accomodate you to the best of their ability. They are very nice people and very easy to work with. Respond very quickly to questions and messages. Made the reception flow nicely and willing to work with the other vendors the day of to keep everything on track and on time. Highly reccomended.

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda & Eric! You and your guests were so kind and appreciative of our efforts. God bless!
  • Brazel
    Brazel Married on 08/24/2019

Bride wedding 8/24/2019

If you are looking for a dj and want someone that is hardworking, patient, and understanding Carl and Sophia are your people! I live in Texas and the process to organize a wedding over the phone is not easy, but Carl and Sophia made it easy! They are so great at what they do. If you take on there services they will show so much dedication to your event! They will help guide you through it, and if you want changes done they will change it. I am so thankful to have had Carl and Sophia by my side on my wedding day!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Brazel! Sophia & I loved helping you plan your Wedding Reception Itinerary & Music. You were so easy to work with--even though you were in Texas. We wish you & Mickey ALL The BEST! God bless.
  • Michael
    Michael B. Married on 08/24/2019

Truly Amazing Experience

Carl and Sophia were so friendly and professional. My wife and I kinda winged most of it, but Carl and Sophia were able to adjust quickly to our change in plans and were so awesome about everything. Music was also exactly what I was looking for.

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Michael! We enjoyed planning the music and itinerary for your Wedding Reception with you and Brazel. We also loved the music you guys picked for your ceremony and were happy to provide that as well, We wish you decades of Good Health & Happiness TOGETHER!!! God bless.
  • Emily
    Emily R. Married on 08/24/2019

The are very invested in each client and every event the entertain at.

Carl and Sophia made every effort to make our wedding reception the best party ever. They met with us weeks before over dinner. Asked us for any guidelines that we had, and they came well prepared with two different speakers. Would definitely hire again.

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for your kind review! It was our pleasure to DJ the Wedding Celebration/Party for you & Elijah. Glad we could provide music for both your lunch inside and the party outside with our two sound systems. Sophia & I had a blast watching your guests of all ages dance, dance, dance and have so much fun!!!
    Hope Married on 08/19/2019

Daughters Wedding

Carl & Sophia are the kindest, most thoughtful and considerate couple. We were very on the fence as to whether or not to get a DJ, and talked with 2-3 other DJs before my daughter found Carl and Sophia. She was so excited immediately, they had every detail laid out for her, she just needed to include what exactly she wanted. She appreciated their guidance with the start to finish of the reception. They kept the reception moving along and it made it so nice that we were all able to visit and enjoy one another without worry of when to announce to do this or do that, they just kept all the traditions and things we requested going. I can not begin to express how grateful we were to have found them, and how fun they made our evening. They were open to taking requests, and played many great and popular dance songs. This is the most perfect couple to be a wedding DJ, they both compliment each other so well and their love for one another just shines. You can tell they really enjoy their job, and seeing the love the newly married couple shares as well as the love in the room as the families just enjoy themselves. Thank you both for everything!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Hope, for your beautiful review of us--aka "Music & Memories." We loved working with your daughter, Brazel, in putting together the music for her wedding ceremony to Mickey as well as the music for their reception. In every phone call and text message with us (since she was planning all of this from her home in Texas) we quickly learned that Brazel was/is beautiful both inside and out! We loved meeting you and your entire family as well, Hope! Thank you & Brazel for choosing us.
    God bless all of you.
  • Dawn
    Dawn M. Married on 06/22/2019

Take a chance on this wonderful couple!

We hired Carl and Sophia for my daughter’s wedding reception at Stratigos Banquet Center. They were extremely warm and friendly and very interested in finding out exactly what we wanted for our reception. Honestly, they made us feel like family from the moment we met with them! They did an excellent job moving the reception along at a pleasant pace and I received numerous compliments from our guests regarding the selection of music they chose to play while dinner was served. They ramped it up nicely for “party time” and everything was done very professionally. I would highly recommend them! As an added bonus, they were extremely reasonably priced, especially when compared to some of the more commercialized DJ’s out there.

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Dawn, thank you so much for the kind words and heartfelt recommendation of Sophia and me--aka "Music & Memories DJ Services."
    You & Michael have such a beautiful family. It was our pleasure to DJ & MC your daughter, Rachel's wedding to Joe. ❤
    Rachel H. Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful experience!

Carl & Sophia are the greatest!! They are extremely professional, down to earth, & very easy to work with!! It was a true pleasure having them at our reception! They really helped keep our reception going and everyone had a great time!! Highly recommended from this couple!!! Very glad we got to meet such a wonderful couple! God bless!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Rachel! It was our privilege and pleasure to DJ & MC your wedding reception. We wish you and Joe decades of love & good health together!!! God bless.
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Married on 05/24/2019

Simply the best!

I cannot say enough good things about Carl and Sophia as DJs and as people. They are so kind, conscientious, flexible, and professional. We were drawn to their very reasonable prices when we started our search for a wedding DJ, but as soon as we met them in person, we fell in love! They cared deeply about learning our story and getting to know us, and that care and attention to detail was reflected in their MC/DJ-ing services. We had several (very fun!) in-person meetings prior to the big day, and we had consistent text/e-mail communication to ensure every detail was perfect. I made some last-minute changes to the script of our entrance the week of the wedding, and they easily rolled with it to give us the exact wording/music we wanted. In short, they treated us like family. They also played an extra half hour of music beyond our contracted time and made arrangements to stay the night at the hotel, so we knew how committed they were to making sure our night was magical. We also noticed how reactive they were to our dance floor, customizing the music to what they saw garnering enthusiasm and also accepting requests without violating our no-play list! I truly hope we can remain in touch as friends, as they are simply the best people!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashleigh! We loved putting together the special songs/music for your wedding to George. Likewise, you two made us feel like family as well! We wish you many years and decades of Good Health & Happiness TOGETHER!
    Dawn H. Married on 05/18/2019

The Absolute Best and Most Genuine Couple!

We hit things off right away with Carl and Sophia! They are the nicest and most down to earth people. They are more than Djs they are our friends. They’ve done so much for our wedding I was blown away with all there efforts. They took care of everything so our night was worry free and listened to our every request!! They are perfect in every way I absolutely recommend them to anyone. They make the whole experience personal and don’t just look at you as another couple or number. Thanks so much guys you killed it!!❤️

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, Dawn! You and Travis were such wonderful people to work with in planning the music and special events for your wedding reception. It was our privilege and honor to DJ & MC your wedding. We wish you & Travis decades of Good Health & Happiness!!! God bless.
    Carl & Sophia/Music & Memories DJ Services
  • LuAnn
    Luann Married on 05/18/2019

Mrs. LuAnn G.

We had the greatest experience at our daughter’s wedding recently with this lovely couple .
    It was like having a part of the family taking care of music and announcements!
    They are both friendly and genuinely sweet people who helped to make our day perfect!!
    God bless them both!!

Music & Memories DJ Services's reply:

Thank you so much, LuAnn. It was our privilege and pleasure to share in your daughter's beautiful wedding reception. You all made us feel like family as well. Best wishes to Dawn & Travis.
  • Hope
    Hope M. Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful DJ & MC

We had about 2 months to put together a reception for my son & daughter in law, I messaged Carl & the response was fast & very informative. Luckily our reception was on a Sunday & they had availability. From there... everything went very smoothly, from playlists, to sequence of events. Thanks to the MC services everyone knew exactly what was going to happen next. He & Sophia showed up ontime & everything went perfectly. Our quests loved the music choices & all the fun dances too. Everyone had a blast dancing the day away! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for DJ services!
    Sylvia Married on 08/18/2018
    Music & Memories DJ’d at my sister’s wedding and they did a fabulous job. They worked with my sister & brother-in-law to get a play list that was all the music they like! I would highly recommend Carl & Sophia for your next event.
    John Married on 03/17/2018
    Was great to hear classics from the 90's and early 2000's. Still played modern R&B too. The DJ was friendly and very accommodating to any requests. I would consider him again for another party or wedding.
    Tim Married on 01/13/2018
    In the months leading up to our wedding, I emailed frequently with Carl and Sophia and they were always very quick to respond (sometimes within the hour!). They offered great suggestions on music selections and permitted me to construct a fully customized playlist for our reception while still accommodating song requests during the actual event, which meant the world to my young niece when she was able to dance to Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA.” They ensured everything ran according to plan, coordinating with the various venue event planners behind the scenes to have their
    equipment set up and music playing well before guests arrived. Above all, Carl and Sophia were a joy to work with, because they treated our wedding day like it was as important and special to them as it obviously was to us. Entertainment is such a central part to a wedding, and Music & Memories played a huge part in making our big day absolutely perfect.
    Kathy Married on 12/16/2017
    Music and Memories Affordable DJ Services is an outstanding vendor if you are looking for music for a wedding or any event! Carl and Sophia Becker provided the music for our son's wedding in December of 2017 and did so with the upmost professionalism and enthusiasm. Carl worked diligently with our son and his partner to assemble a collection of music that was meaningful to them. He also made sure there was a variety of music available that made everyone want to get up and dance! In addition Carl and Sophia provided beautiful music for the ceremony. They genuinely enjoyed the wedding reception as they not only played the music but interacted enthusiastically with the guests to make sure everyone had a great time. This was an outstanding vendor. Carl and Sophia Becker are both very professional and invested in making the event a memorable one!
    Chris Married on 12/16/2017
    These guys nailed it! Carl and Sophia are definitely the type of people & professionals you want for your event. They brought a variety of music, from current hits, to classics (like the YMCA!) that made everyone want to get up and dance! Carl even took the time to help me get the timing down for the music to be played during our wedding ceremony, and was very responsive to communication throughout the process. I'd definitely go with them again!