Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Nicole
    Nicole A. Married on 04/02/2022

Best Experience Ever

Our day of coordinator recommended Chris and MMYH as our DJ as soon as we started looking. It was one of the best decisions we could have made. Chris ended up being the DJ for our wedding and was beyond helpful and professional. He made sure my brother (our Officiant), and our readers were all set up for the ceremony and that my Dad was good to go on his speech at the reception. We didn't give him a ton of direction with music but he played everything we could of wanted and the vibes were great the whole night. He was accommodating with some random special requests (like a birthday shout out) and made sure my husband and I had the best night. He even played a song during cocktail hour that we got to dance to before everyone came down for the reception, it was so memorable and special to us. We were overwhelmed with how awesome he made our day! 1000% recommend him!!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha W. Married on 03/06/2022

Amazing DJ company!!

We had Chris do our wedding and he knew exactly what I was looking for with my music taste, he was able to keep people on the dance floor and allow slow songs for breaks in the intense dancing. He deserves an 11/10 review because of how awesome he did!! I cannot recommend this company more, very professional, and made us feel like the star of the show!!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey T. Married on 12/05/2021

Best. Dj. Ever

BEST DJ EVER. From the very start, Chris was kind, receptive, engaging and took our vision of what the reception would feel like to a whole other level. Our guest never left the dance floor! We are so thankful to him!
    Brooke Married on 12/04/2021

Such a fun time!

Our DJ, Alan, was amazing and definitely knew how to keep the party going! He is super personable and easy to reach/talk to. We recommend him to anyone who is wanting to have a fun time!
    Diane W. Married on 10/23/2021

Best DJ ever!

My daughter got married and by far, this was the best DJ ever! He made the reception and was right on point with everything. Would highly recommend!
  • Hannah
    Hannah C. Married on 10/17/2021

Awesome! (DJ Mike)

Shout out to DJ Mike for helping make our wedding a day we'll always remember!! Appreciate his easy communication and flexibility.
  • Hailey
    Hailey A. Married on 10/16/2021

You couldn't have a better DJ

I seriously cannot recommend this company enough!! Chris Rice was the DJ/MC with Music Makes You Happy Entertainment that did our wedding and he was a BLAST! He gave us a pep-talk and walked us and our wedding party through the reception grand entrance, during photos he came over a few times to make sure my husband and I didn't need drinks or snacks, he kept us on track with timing of all the events we wanted to get done (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.), balanced the dance floor well keeping it full but giving break songs to breathe. He was so much fun and interacted with us and the guests just the right amount. Everyone leaving our wedding asked for his contact info because of how amazing he was! Seriously you're doing yourself and guests a favor by hiring this company!!
    Janet B. Married on 10/09/2021

Best wedding dj

DJ Ladel was amazing at my wedding. He made the whole process from beginning to end so easy. I am a very laid back person and music is not really my think so I didnt give him much to go off and still got it right! I guess music is definitely his thing, lol. Thank you Ladel
  • Barbara
    Barbara R. Married on 10/09/2021

Absolutely wonderful! Hire them!

Working with Chris Rice at Music Makes You Happy Entertainment was a phenomenal experience! He is a true professional - kind, thoughtful, organized, and thorough. He is also very talented. He played our requested ceremony music perfectly. For the reception, he cultivated a wonderful mix of music that got everyone dancing, and he played every single song that we mentioned in advance. He even cued up a song that my mother mentioned during her toast and played a clip of it right at the end of the speech, which created a really special moment for us. Chris also helped the whole event run smoothly, acting as an emcee and consistently checking to make sure my husband and I were happy throughout the event. I would 100% recommend his services to other brides.
  • Baezan
    Nicole Married on 09/26/2021
    Chris was an amazing DJ. From the first meeting his professionalism, character and genuine interest in providing the bride in groom a unique and special day was evident. Though he lives in the Hampton Roads area he was willing to meet us in Richmond to go over all of the details. He is truly devoted to the couples he works with and made our event flow seamlessly. His job was especially difficult for our wedding as he had to create a playlist the fused both latin music and pop/oldies music. Our guests had a wonderful time and even after the "last song" since the party was still in full swing Chris played a couple more songs (staying after his contracted time). He is the DJ you dream of for you wedding and truly a wonderful person to work with. I can't say enough about how great a job he did.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa H. Married on 09/18/2021

Best. DJ. Ever.

I can not recommend Chris Rice and Music Make You Happy enough! They did a phenomenal job at my wedding. Chris was so great to work with and consistently went above and beyond! He helped make the whole day run smoothly and kept everyone out on the dance floor for almost two hours. It was a blast!
    Gina S. Married on 09/11/2021

Music Makes You Happy was absolutely the best choice for my wedding

Chris at Music Makes You Happy really brought his A game to my wedding. The music was exactly what I wanted. From the walk down the isle to the 1st dance, father daughter dance, mother son dance to the farewell Chris knew exactly what to play and when. He went above and beyond by making sure my husband and I had drinks while having pictures done. He has the ability to use music to help create a most beautiful memory of the most beautiful day. I could not be happier. I would recommend Music Makes You Happy to anyone planning any event.
  • Barbi
    Barbi H. Married on 09/11/2021

So fantastic!

We can’t say enough about Chris and Music Makes You Happy! Music is such an integral part of a wedding reception and he was amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night – from a 2 year old to the 2 grandmas in their 80’s! His personality, energy and great playlist helped create the perfect party to celebrate our daughter and son-in-law! In addition to providing fantastic music, he was always lending a helping hand with whatever needed to be done before the party started. We appreciate all his efforts and highly recommend him!

• Diane
    Diane S. Married on 06/28/2021

The best of the rest

Chris IS the BEST Ever!!!! You want someone who is professional and will meet your needs on your special day!!! It's Chris!!! You want someone that is friendly and really cares about you, it's Chris!!!! Want the perfect day. Call Chris!!
  • Marissa
    Marissa B. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing service!

Chris Rice and his team were incredible leading up to and during our wedding. They were hands on, professional, and went above and beyond to provide the most incredible DJ, MC, and all around great service. I cannot recommend them enough! They made sure we were well taken care of and had the best night ever!
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 06/11/2021

Amazing to work with!

Chris was helpful in every way! He came highly recommended by my caterer and did not disappoint. He went above and beyond what I thought a DJ's duties were. Any special requests we had, he made them happen. The photo booth was a nice touch too! If you're looking for a fun, personable, attentive and interactive DJ for your wedding or any occasion, look no further than Chris and his team with Music Makes You Happy Entertainment!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 05/22/2021

Music Makes You Happy

Chris was wonderful to work with! He was very flexible when we had to change our date and venue due to COVID, and helped us come up with a date that would work. He was very engaging and kept the party going the whole time. We also had a photo booth that everyone really enjoyed, and it was really easy for everyone to use! I’m excited to get to see all of those pictures!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 05/21/2021

Wedding for May 21, 2021

I reached out to this company and the owner Chris was super helpful and very quick with responses. We hired him right away! He has been super helpful with helping me to make up my wedding timeline and has answered any and all questions I have had. 10/10 would recommend to anyone for any event needing a DJ !!! We cannot wait for our special day!
  • Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 05/15/2021

The Wedding DJ you NEED

Chris with MMYH was on top of things from my initial inquiry! He was so helpful with any of my questions during planning and went above and beyond to ensure we had all of our desired details covered. Chris kept the reception smooth from start to finish - interacted with our guests, ensured our bridal party got the entrance they deserved, and kept things fun for us! Our guests loved Chris and we have still been getting compliments about it all. You won't go wrong choosing this company for your DJ needs!!
    Jennifer Z. Married on 02/27/2021

Chris was absolutely phenomenal!

WORTH EVERY PENNY! Recommend him without a doubt. He went above and beyond what he was required to even do. He came to check on us multiple times to make sure we had everything we needed and made sure that everything was going as smooth as possible. Every request I made, he did. I’m super grateful for everything he did at my wedding and he made it absolutely perfect. Both him and his tech were willing to stay all night and make sure we were having a blast. When I let his tech know he was good to go, he triple checked with me to make sure I was happy and didn’t want him to stay. You both were awesome and I appreciate you! Thank you Chris!
  • Haley
    Haley N. Married on 01/12/2021

The best dj ever

Chris was amazing to work with! David and I had to reschedule our reception due to COVID and Chris was so flexible with us in finding a new date. Chris was fun, out-going and kept the party going throughout the night. We would recommend Music Makes You Happy because of their quick communication, flexibility and expertise when it comes to creating an atmosphere of fun! We are so thankful for you guys and so happy you could be a part of our special day!
    Destiny Married on 12/12/2020

Wonderful Time

Chris was our DJ for the wedding. He made it fun and entertaining the whole time. Any request I made with the music or dances he was always open and willing to do what we asked. Loved the fact he was willing to help in any way he could to make it even better and memorable. I truly trusted him and his work.
    Christine R. Married on 12/04/2020

The best DJ!

Chris was the absolute best DJ we could have asked for! We had a ton of last minute changes due to Covid and Chris reassured me multiple times that everything was going to work out! You are able to create a playlist ahead of time of songs you want played and songs you don’t want played. He kept our guests dancing despite our small guest size. Very easy to work with! Last minute Chris was able to livestream our ceremony, which was a huge relief! You couldn’t pick a better DJ to have!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 11/28/2020

Unforgettable!!

I can not thank Chris enough for being able to work with Anthony and I for our wedding and have to change our date around! Thank you for helping with any questions we had and being such a wonderful person in general! Everyone enjoyed there time on the dance floor for sure especially our 2 year old daughter!! (:
    Thank you again!!
    Ashley and Anthony Wood!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 11/07/2020

Awesome and Professional!!

Chris and Mike were so helpful in making our wedding day amazing and special. They were both responsive and professional for our wedding!! Thank you again!!!