Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 6
Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 7

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Went above and beyond!

Chris from Music Makes You Happy was the absolute best! He was incredibly responsive to all of my questions throughout the planning process, and their online system was really easy to use! He picked the perfect combination of songs and at just the right time, including songs my guests requested and our must-plays. I can't say enough great things about his professionalism, responsiveness, MC skills, and musical talent! It is a real skill to manage the mood of the reception, and he did it perfectly! It's hard to impress a family full of musicians and he blew us all away!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan White · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Job!

I’ve had the privilege of working multiple weddings with Chris Rice. I knew when it was time for my own wedding, I knew he was the only DJ I wanted. He completely exceeded our expectations and some! He understood how to entertain our crowd, and delivered an awesome experience. Not only did our family love him, so did our guests. I would recommend this company to everyone!! He went above and beyond for us and was the perfect fit, that helped our wedding day run smooth.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Torey · Married on 05/19/2019

Don’t look for another DJ!

I cannot say enough good things about Chris Rice. He came recommended to me by someone, and I am SO glad I booked him over the other company I was looking at. He answered all the questions I had and more, he had great ideas, was the timeline manager, kept the party going, and spoke up for me when I needed it. Many guests told me he was the best Dj they’ve seen. I have so many amazing pictures of my guests having the time of their lives on the dance floor, and I am so grateful that Chris brought that out of them. You aren’t going to get a better Dj! Thanks Chris!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 8
    Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 9
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/30/2019

Chris is awesome!

Chris was so fun to work with; he kept people out on the dance floor playing music for everybody! We had a split crowd: lots of people in their 20s and lots of people 50+ and Chris had a song for everyone. He has a way of quickly getting to know the vibe of your wedding and he has the experience to pick the right songs at the right time. We were running behind and had a couple of issues behind the scenes and he was able to roll with the punches so our guests never suspected a thing. We couldn't recommend Chris more highly! Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 10
    Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 11
    Music Makes You Happy Entertainment 12
  • Nataliia

Nataliia Stadnik · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing job!

The thing no one can say about their wedding is that it went perfect... there is always something that you weren’t planning on/went the wrong way/or even failed lol
    But I can surely say that music , announcements and wedding games went perfect on my special day!
    Tyler Wilson did an amazing job communicating starting day one, following up, coordinating, and stayed on point on the day of the wedding.
    He was prompt, very polite, organized and genuinely super nice person!
    I am more then pleased with experience and will definitely recommend to anyone I know!
    Thank you Tyler!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 10/21/2018

Fantastic!

Chris and his staff were fantastic on our wedding day. They were very thorough in their questionnaires beforehand and have a very easy-to-navigate website where you can list all of your "must play" songs and all of your "absolutely do not play" songs. Chris was very responsive to emails and the pricing was very reasonable. He was also able to provide a photobooth and do multiple printouts so guests could take a copy home and paste a copy into our guestbook. He was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well, and did a great job as the emcee during the wedding itself. Thank you Chris!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Sara · Married on 10/13/2018

Professional, timely and engaged!

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Dodson for our wedding. Mike was on top of IT ALL! Mike kept things going on time and kept the crowd engaged. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, as was everyone at Music Makes You Happy! Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Laura · Married on 10/06/2018

Chris did a phenomenal job. He was very open to our ideas and input as well as guest requests during cocktail hour and the reception. His ability to work a room and make sure the dance floor was full at all times was amazing. He was very professional and laid back. He was very accommodating toward myself and my groom, checking in with us throughout the night. If you have a wedding planner, they won’t have much to do once the receptions starts and Chris takes control. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Molly · Married on 09/08/2018

I can not say enough great things about Music Makes You Happy! Chris, the owner is so quick to respond to any questions you have a steer you in the right direction. We had DJ Karizma for our wedding and he did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the OBX area!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Z

Zenia · Married on 07/28/2018

If you want a professional yet fun DJ who is adaptable and a pleasure to work with, look no further. Chris was amazing! He helped make our wedding a night to remember, and kept people out on the dance floor until the bitter end. He also managed to expertly and seamlessly loop my processional music when more people processed up the aisle than anticipated. And he certainly knew how to take care of the wedding party by keeping full glasses in our hands. I'd give him six stars if I could

Sent on 08/07/2018

Julie · Married on 06/23/2018

Provided exactly what i wanted for the ceramony. Worked well with the rain and moving inside. Good music for the reception. Took requests from people.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Julie! So glad you enjoyed DJ Rob!!

Katelyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding was on June 16, 2018 and Tyler from Music Makes You Happy was great!! He was really friendly from our very first phone call meeting. My new husband and I had really busy schedules so Tyler was open to discussing all of the details over the phone to cater to our needs. He was flexible in his availability to talk to us which was helpful. As the wedding got closer, Tyler helped provide music choice suggestions as well as help plan the reception schedule. This was incredibly helpful as I had no idea how to plan for the timing of the reception!! I would recommend this dj company for future weddings! :)

Sent on 07/01/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Michael was great, and very friendly. We loved his attitude and attentiveness to us and whatever we needed he made sure he could help us anyway possible!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Mark · Married on 05/26/2018

DJ Karizma (Chris) lived up to his name. He was a lifesaver during the planning process and was just as helpful during the wedding/reception. He played our special songs as scheduled. He is fun, energetic and everyone loved him!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/19/2018

Tyler Wilson was our DJ and he was awesome, if you need a DJ- look no further!! MMYH is the best!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2018

Michael was the life of the wedding! He was very out going, friendly and made people laugh. Everything your looking for in a DJ!!!!! Michael was always eager to call and make sure everything was the way i wanted and set in stone! Will recommend to anyone!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed working with DJ Mike!! Thank you so much for the kind review and for hiring us to DJ your big day!!

Carley · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Rob Dalby for our wedding on 5/5/18 and he was amazing! Literally no one wanted to get off the dance floor. We almost missed cutting the cake (and actually just snuck off ourselves to do it so as not to stop the party) because of how much fun we were having. Best night ever. Can’t thank them all enough! They also have an awesome photobooth that you get all of the pictures for which I LOVE!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Katie · Married on 04/29/2018

Tyler did an excellent job with our wedding! He provided the music for the ceremony and also was the DJ for the reception! Everyone had an amazing time and we danced the night away!! He is great and super easy to work with!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/28/2018

Chris was so great throughout our planning process! So many people have told us what a wonderful time they had at our reception, and Chris was instrumental in making that happen. We had a lot of fun before the event choosing songs from the online database. I would highly recommend Music Makes You Happy for your event!

Sent on 05/24/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

I am so happy I chose Music Makes you Happy. We chose Chris as our wedding DJ. He was there whenever I had a question during planning. Chris was the best DJ I have ever met. For the ceremony I wanted to hire a pianist but that wasn’t going to fit in our budget. Instead I chose a piano cover of 2 songs for the outside ceremony, they sounded great even with the windy day. I didn’t have to worry about where they set up or anything they didn’t come to me with or family with too many questions. To me this shows experience. The last thing you want that day is to worry about directing the vendors around. Throughout the day he was making sure we were taken care of. Normally after the ceremony the bridal party gives up their duties thinking we no longer need help, but unfortunately as the bride/groom when you need something you cannot simply leave during pictures, or dinner. All I had to do was look at him and he was right there asking what I need. During pictures he offered to get us drinks. During dinner he ordered us drinks for the bar and before speeches I realized we had not gotten champagne, he came over popped it and poured us all a glass. He was quick to make last minute song changes or special dance request. We chose to add a dance for who has been married the longest, once we got down to two couples he asked them both to give us some advice which so thoughtful. I didn’t pick many songs that I wanted played just because I didn’t have time. He could easily read the crowd and keep playing songs they liked. Everyone complimented how great our DJ was and said they had a blast at the wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2018

DJ Rob was the best choice I could have made! He did everything we asked and announced everything on time and perfectly! The music was a blast!! I highly recommend him!!! SO MUCH FUN!! 5 stars!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Nathanael · Married on 03/31/2018

Chris was extremely friendly and interactive with our guests, that everyone actually thought he was one of our good friends. During the planning process, he was very helpful in suggesting different options to us, especially when we didn't even think about the small details for the wedding. Chris was definitely easy going and helped us make certain song choices based on his advice from past experiences. During the reception, there was never a dull moment!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Charlie · Married on 03/03/2018

DJ Rob was professional, accommodating, and super easy to work with! Top notch sound and provided an excellent experience!

Sent on 03/14/2018
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 03/01/2018

Lives up to their name time and time again

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment lives up to their name every time. The happiness of their clients is their top priority. They go above and beyond for every event they are a part of. I have worked and attended countless events they have been a part of, every one of those times has been an epic experience.

Sent on 12/14/2018