Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Reviews

147 Reviews for Music Makes You Happy Entertainment

• Rachel

Rachel Raucci · Getting married on 05/21/2021

Wedding for May 21, 2021

I reached out to this company and the owner Chris was super helpful and very quick with responses. We hired him right away! He has been super helpful with helping me to make up my wedding timeline and has answered any and all questions I have had. 10/10 would recommend to anyone for any event needing a DJ !!! We cannot wait for our special day!

Sent on 08/09/2020
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/07/2020

Awesome and Professional!!

Chris and Mike were so helpful in making our wedding day amazing and special. They were both responsive and professional for our wedding!! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Sara Harris · Married on 10/07/2020

Hands down the best!

Chris Rice with Music Makes You Happy Entertainment was amazing! Our wedding was supposed to be March 28, 2020 but because of COVID, two weeks before our original date, we had to postpone our wedding. When we notified Chris, he immediately asked if there was anything he could to do help with replanning. We picked a new date and Chris was available. He responded right away when I asked if he had the new date open. Chris provided us suggestions on what songs we could use and offered to make mash-up of songs if there were two we really liked! Day of the wedding, Chris rocked it! He was timely, professional and he even got my husband and I our favorite drinks right after the ceremony! His music selection kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Chris makes sure your wedding (or any type of event) runs smoothly and is exactly what you want! I 10/10 would recommend Music Makes You Happy Entertainment!

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Leanne

Leanne · Married on 09/05/2020

A Class Act

Chris added a level of comfort to the day, knowing we were in good hands throughout it all. His professionalism and warm personality, and interaction with the guests....just wow. The day was seamless. MMYH provides mics for the ceremony, speeches, photobooth (which was an awesome addition btw!) and wonderful music for the entire event. Chris even checked on us while we ate privately and had someone go out and get two Red Bull’s for us, cause ya girl was fading fast lol. An amazing experience. Thank you Chris.

Sent on 09/07/2020

Cynthia Macarthur · Married on 08/22/2020

Best night ever!

Hiring Music Makes You Happy for our wedding was the best decision! They were so flexible and understanding with our covid wedding and made sure we still had the best day! All of our guests had the best time and Mike played all the right songs! Would 10/5 recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Haley

Haley French Krahn · Married on 07/30/2020

Perfect, caring, FUN!

10 stars if I could. Shout out to the most flexible and caring DJ out there, Chris. We had multiple date changes due to Covid, the last change was only 2 days before the wedding but Chris was there without a problem. I had little time to organize things but he nailed it for me. He was also one of the few people to consistently check in on me and make sure I was doing okay. The music and lighting was beautiful. Everything went smooth and I had many compliments. Thank you for making our day a less stressful and our night a blast Chris.

100% recommend.

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Hicks · Married on 07/26/2020

We only recommend this DJ to everyone!

Chris was our amazing DJ! He went above and beyond with every detail about our wedding! Not only was he incredibly flexible with us considering COVID-19, and we booked with him under 90 days before our venue, he never made us feel rushed or pressured. All of his worksheets online helped prompt us to think of certain details throughout the reception and ceremony that we didn’t even know was an option. Chris was familiar with our venue at The Barns of Kanak, but he added his own personal touch the entire wedding. He had our officiant miccced up and ready to go very smoothly, he checked on us , the bride and groom during the reception many times for drinks or anything we could need. To top everything off, we ended up changing the “grand exit” time last minute to accommodate our guests going home early. So Chris announces the next song to play will be the last song before the exit, and our guests are enjoying the song but no ones really at the dance floor. Chris cuts the music, brings us, the bride and groom out in the middle of the dance floor, and has everyone circle us and asks everyone to sing at the top of their lungs to “Don't stop believing”! It was such a special and fun way to get everyone together one last time before we made our exit! Having that memory of all of our friends and family smiling at us and singing and raising their hands is something I have forever now. We really couldn’t have asked for more, and will ALWAYS, highly recommend this DJ company before any other!

Sent on 07/28/2020

Caecey · Married on 05/23/2020

Life of the party!

Our DJ Mike was amazing! He had such a cool demeanor, played everything we had on our must-play list, and he took requests live from our guests. When people were requesting songs on our do not play list - he discreetly asked us what we wanted to do. It truly felt like a party celebrating at our wedding and we are so grateful! We also used the photo booth through them - the guests had a blast and we were also sent digital copies of all of them a couple weeks later. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Amy

Amy Browning · Married on 05/23/2020

Hands down the best dj ever!

Chris went above and beyond for my wedding party and guest! Everyone was blown away at how hands on he was. Multiple people told me he was the best dj they have ever seen! He waited on everyone! He got drinks for everyone, Tylenol for one of my bridesmaids and found me some dental floss! We couldn’t have asked for a better dj! Thank you Chris!

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Jerica

Jerica Santorum · Married on 04/01/2020

Above and Beyond!!!

Can't say enough about Chris! The reception would have not been a party without him. Chris was super flexible and consistent in communication throughout the whole planning process. But his magic and excellence truly shined during the day of the wedding. He was prompt and was constantly ensuring that my guest had a phenomenal time. He made sure that the music was geared towards the vibe we were going for and made all the right calls when it came to letting him pick out the songs. He was super interactive with the guests and worked very well with all of my other vendors. Would recommend him to any bride and individual looking for an amazing DJ! LOVE LOVE LOVE Music Makes Me Happy!!! Thank you Chris for making our day perfect!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Godette · Married on 01/25/2020

Amazing service

Great music super kind and flexible service available to me almost 24/7

Sent on 01/28/2020

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment's reply:

Gabrielle - Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your DJ LaDel! Thanks for hiring us!
  • Imamanda12

Amanda · Married on 11/09/2019

Great music selections

I will admit, I was slacking on helping the DJ with a list of songs I wanted. I mentioned country music, top 100 playlist and acoustic or softer songs for dinner and cocktail hour. Our DJ Rob blew it out of the park! I was worried people weren't going to dance much but he played a wide variety of music that everyone loved. Even the older crowd! It was amazing, everyone had so much fun!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 10/12/2019

Helpful, over and above to make our day perfect

Chris Rice and MMYH is the only DJ anyone needs to use! He was in contact with me in the months leading up to my wedding, helping me search for songs to meet my picky requests, slowed down my first dance song at my husband's request, played all the songs I asked him to, listened to the vibe of our crowd and knew what to do to get everyone up and dancing and had perfect timing with knowing when to comment on the mic or let things roll. He was helpful, approachable, funny super friendly and if I ever need a DJ again he is the only one I would ever use!!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew Crawford · Married on 09/21/2019

Great DJ - integral part of our night

MMYH were an integral part of our night. They were incredible professionals who talked us off the ledge when we were stressed about picking the right music. Mike took the time to talk to us, understand our style, and help craft the right playlist for the evening.

Their services at the ceremony set the tone and perfectly complemented the mood.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Courtney Lowers · Married on 08/24/2019

Music Makes You Happy

We thoroughly enjoyed having Mike DJ our wedding. He did a fabulous job & even went
    out of his way to create a special mix up for
    The father/daughter dance!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Candice · Married on 08/03/2019

You Won't Regret This DJ

Music That Makes You Happy help my wedding go great. After my wedding I got told by almost everyone that Chris was the best DJ they had ever experienced at a wedding.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Went above and beyond!

Chris from Music Makes You Happy was the absolute best! He was incredibly responsive to all of my questions throughout the planning process, and their online system was really easy to use! He picked the perfect combination of songs and at just the right time, including songs my guests requested and our must-plays. I can't say enough great things about his professionalism, responsiveness, MC skills, and musical talent! It is a real skill to manage the mood of the reception, and he did it perfectly! It's hard to impress a family full of musicians and he blew us all away!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan White · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Job!

I’ve had the privilege of working multiple weddings with Chris Rice. I knew when it was time for my own wedding, I knew he was the only DJ I wanted. He completely exceeded our expectations and some! He understood how to entertain our crowd, and delivered an awesome experience. Not only did our family love him, so did our guests. I would recommend this company to everyone!! He went above and beyond for us and was the perfect fit, that helped our wedding day run smooth.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Torey · Married on 05/19/2019

Don’t look for another DJ!

I cannot say enough good things about Chris Rice. He came recommended to me by someone, and I am SO glad I booked him over the other company I was looking at. He answered all the questions I had and more, he had great ideas, was the timeline manager, kept the party going, and spoke up for me when I needed it. Many guests told me he was the best Dj they’ve seen. I have so many amazing pictures of my guests having the time of their lives on the dance floor, and I am so grateful that Chris brought that out of them. You aren’t going to get a better Dj! Thanks Chris!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/30/2019

Chris is awesome!

Chris was so fun to work with; he kept people out on the dance floor playing music for everybody! We had a split crowd: lots of people in their 20s and lots of people 50+ and Chris had a song for everyone. He has a way of quickly getting to know the vibe of your wedding and he has the experience to pick the right songs at the right time. We were running behind and had a couple of issues behind the scenes and he was able to roll with the punches so our guests never suspected a thing. We couldn't recommend Chris more highly! Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Caleb

Caleb Myers · Married on 12/15/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Chris Rice was the perfect fit for our wedding and was a key player in making the day come together. He was the ideal balance of fun and meticulous, not to mention his radio voice! He understood how to entertain a crowd and how to deliver the experience we desired our guests to have. He did both the sound for our ceremony and reception, and was able to take a sampling of music we gave him to come up with a full playlist of songs that fit us.
    Chris made himself available every time we had questions or wanted help finding the perfect song for part of our day. He also had an excellent understanding of wedding timelines and helped us tremendously as we figured out what we wanted our day to look like. He was responsible and professional every step of the way. He was even committed to keeping our secrets! The bride wanted her first dance and father/daughter dance songs to be a surprise for her. She also planned to surprise her mother with a special dance between the two of them. Chris managed to keep all these secrets without forgetting any other important details throughout the day.
    We were pleased to be able to work with the owner of this company directly, and after our experience with him, I’d recommend his business to anyone. If he puts as much thought and care into his company as he did our wedding, then I would vouch for any DJ that he makes part of his team.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Nataliia

Nataliia Stadnik · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing job!

The thing no one can say about their wedding is that it went perfect... there is always something that you weren’t planning on/went the wrong way/or even failed lol
    But I can surely say that music , announcements and wedding games went perfect on my special day!
    Tyler Wilson did an amazing job communicating starting day one, following up, coordinating, and stayed on point on the day of the wedding.
    He was prompt, very polite, organized and genuinely super nice person!
    I am more then pleased with experience and will definitely recommend to anyone I know!
    Thank you Tyler!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 10/21/2018

Fantastic!

Chris and his staff were fantastic on our wedding day. They were very thorough in their questionnaires beforehand and have a very easy-to-navigate website where you can list all of your "must play" songs and all of your "absolutely do not play" songs. Chris was very responsive to emails and the pricing was very reasonable. He was also able to provide a photobooth and do multiple printouts so guests could take a copy home and paste a copy into our guestbook. He was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well, and did a great job as the emcee during the wedding itself. Thank you Chris!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Sara · Married on 10/13/2018

Professional, timely and engaged!

We had the pleasure of working with Mike Dodson for our wedding. Mike was on top of IT ALL! Mike kept things going on time and kept the crowd engaged. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, as was everyone at Music Makes You Happy! Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Laura · Married on 10/06/2018

Chris did a phenomenal job. He was very open to our ideas and input as well as guest requests during cocktail hour and the reception. His ability to work a room and make sure the dance floor was full at all times was amazing. He was very professional and laid back. He was very accommodating toward myself and my groom, checking in with us throughout the night. If you have a wedding planner, they won’t have much to do once the receptions starts and Chris takes control. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 10/01/2018