Music in Motion DJ & Lighting Reviews

55 | Knoxville, TN

55 Reviews for Music in Motion DJ & Lighting

• Hayley

Hayley · Married on 06/29/2019

One of our favorite vendors absolutely hire him!

We had heard good things about Music in Motion when we first started planning. Lots of other vendors mentioned him early on when we didn't have a DJ yet, so we went with their recommendations. We absolutely made the right choice! Corey was so funny and personal with us, we really could tell he cared about us enjoying ourselves on our wedding day. He even noticed when we passed on sunset photos to finish greeting all our guests and let us know there was a quick opportunity for us when he was preparing for the toasts. Every song he played was perfectly chosen like he knew our guests personally and our dance floor was packed. I could not have asked for a better DJ on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Music in Motion DJ & Lighting's reply:

Hayley, you are so kind, it was an absolute pleasure celebrating with you! I’m so happy that you had an amazing time on your wedding day, you made it easy to love you guys! Cheers to you!
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent job with both my ceremony and reception!

These guys are great! Corey was in contact with me from beginning to end, quick responses and always answered my 100 questions! Had a very informative meeting with Corey prior to the wedding and he made sure all our questions were answered, made sure the entire day was planned down to the song. Day of went very well. There was a slight issue when the coordinator had to ask me to signal the DJ when I wanted him to cut the uncle/niece song even though this was specified in the meeting, but other than that everyone really enjoyed themselves and the music. Andrew was the man behind the music, and Brian Creason (a friend and previous employee of MiM) did a fabulous job as our MC. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Alexandria · Married on 09/01/2018

Joey adapted to everything that was thrown at him. He was wonderful and helped play a role in our day. I would recommend him again and again. When thinking of different songs to play we were really struggling, but he helped us and gaged what we like and made it happen. I’m so thankful for him.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Kerrin · Married on 05/06/2018

Corey was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jhezielle · Married on 05/05/2018

Awesome time from start to finish!

Did well with non American Wedding traditions and sudden bouts of unplanned group karaoke.

Handles everything like a pro despite apparently being yelled at by one of my bridesmaids for something that was totally not his fault! I apologized after finding out and he was totally calm and understood.

If you read my review and just beginning your wedding planning ask him who my day of coordinator was because they make a 10 star team!

Thank you so much Corey!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/28/2017

Corey was so professional and did an excellent job as our wedding DJ. He was very flexible with a couple of last-minute song and itinerary changes, and checked in with us throughout the reception to make sure everything was going well. He played some great dance music that got our party going well into the night. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Emily · Married on 01/07/2017

Corey was everything we were looking for in a DJ! He was professional, knowledgeable, and walked us through the whole process

We also got the up-lighting and I was SOOO impressed on how amazing it looked in our venue!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2016

Corey was WONDERFUL! He included all of the details that we discussed in our various emails and phone calls to make sure we had the perfect timeline and soundtrack for our wedding day. When we were stumped on something, he offered great suggestions and he really seemed to get the feeling we were going for. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend he and his team.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Met with Corey to start talking about my wedding. He is absolutely wonderful and we are looking forward to working with him and Joey.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Meredith · Married on 09/04/2016

Corey with Music in Motion came to us highly recommended from many other vendors and clients, so we already knew we were making a great choice in DJ for our wedding. It's true when they tell you, "the DJ makes the party," and Corey had us out on the dance floor from the very start to the very end! Can't go wrong booking Music in Motion for your next event.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Sasha · Married on 05/29/2016

Corey and Tara were amazing!! Corey sat with us for hours putting together music, a timeline of the entire ceremony and reception, gave suggestions on numerous things, and was so helpful throughout everything. A DJ seriously can make a wedding and ours was perfect. People had fun and were dancing the entire evening, music was amazing. I would strongly recommend music in motion to anyone who needs a DJ. I wouldn't go with anyone else.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Clara · Married on 10/02/2015

Corey did a phenomenal job as our DJ on October 2, 2015. We couldn't have been happier! We opted to do the roast of the wedding party at the reception, which everyone thought was so fun and unique. Corey knows how to get the party started for sure!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

Corey is fantastic!!! He kept our party going all night long! Also the custom introductions were a hit, our family and friends are still talking about them! Corey was so much fun, reliable, and professional. I highly recommend him and his team!

Sent on 11/26/2015

Julie · Married on 08/30/2015

Music in Motion was amazing! They brought my wedding reception to life! They took ally ideas and executed them to a "T!" I am so happy to have had them there guiding myself and my new husband, plus all of our guest on our BIG DAY! Music in Motion is a MUST for all your party needs!!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Carolyn · Married on 05/30/2015

Music in motion is hands down the best DJ service around. We had Corey DJ our wedding reception and were completely satisfied. He even went as far as making my husband and I's dinner plate at our reception so we could go around to tables to talk with people while the dinner music was playing. They went above and beyond what we could ever have imagined and we are so glad we chose them to be a part of our reception. We also did a custom introduction by Greg Williams and EVERYONE LOVED it. It was so fun and hilarious and perfect!! Everything was so organized and on time and he made our night completely stress free!!! I would totally recommend them to anybody!!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Hannah · Married on 05/23/2015

Music in Motion was fantastic! Our DJ was so great and he helped make our wedding perfect! Everyone was so easy to work with, they always responded quickly, and they clearly wanted to make our wedding perfect! We didn't want the standard music that usually gets played at weddings and our DJ worked with us and made sure that we had the music we wanted. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Devvin · Married on 05/03/2015

We had Music In Motion provide the Ceremony Music and Mics, Reception Music, as well as Lighting. Corey was more than a pro and was a great asset as part of the team that made our Wedding Perfect. The quality of the sound was unbelievable and there was never any point where our guests felt like they were in a poor location. Hiring the perfect DJ goes far beyond playing music. We spent many hours researching, communicating, and pricing other DJs. But Corey was our guy. He is not only great at what he does, but the organization was Excellent. It kept our day smooth and stress free and we would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Angela · Married on 04/25/2015

Corey was absolutely amazing! We could not have asked for a better, easier to work with DJ. He knows what he is doing! He definitely made our reception memorable for all ages present and got everyone out on the dance floor. He is incredibly professional and after you discuss the songs you'd like (which he is happy to make suggestions that are excellent too) he takes it from there and you don't have to worry about a thing. We got so many compliments on the music and how superb the DJ was at our reception. I highly recommend him and will continue to mention him to friends and family for any and all future events.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Corey coordinated the music for our ceremony and was the DJ for our reception. He has a great personality and even got my grandparents to dance! They have been married for 58 years and no one has ever seen them dance together! He had some great ideas and advice that made sure our reception went smoothly and everyone had fun. He's been great about responding to emails, setting up meetings with us, and finding music for all of the random song requests that we had.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Tonya · Married on 06/28/2014

Once again Music in Motion did a great job, this time on my wedding. I watched them multiple times at bridal shows, but never imagined how great. The intro was great, the father/daughter mix was to a tee. Corey was so easy to talk to and he had great options and options for our wedding plans. Greg and Tara were the two that actually worked our wedding and they did a great job keeping everything up beat and on tract. We had more complements on the music and DJ then anything else. The only complaint I think I have (and it is more on my part then anything) I would have like to speak with our DJ before the week of the wedding, not the week of the wedding. Otherwise this was a great crew to hire for the wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2013

Tara and Greg were great, and the music kept everyone out on the dance floor.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2013

Absolutely fantastic. Kept everyone on the dance floor. Never got boring. And the pre-recorded introductions by Greg? SO UNIQUE AND AWESOME!

Sent on 10/19/2013
  • Therese

Therese · Married on 08/31/2013

We love Corey so much! EVERYONE spoke highly of him and Tara when they DJ'd our wedding! He knows his stuff and knows how to keep the party going no matter the age group! His lighting is phenomenal, my venue was completely transformed and was exactly what I had envisioned in my head! Book these guys as your DJs! You won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Very professional, amazing, fun, and wonderful DJs! Our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2013

Corey and his wife Tara are absolutely wonderful. They provided the lighting and music for our ceremony. They made it fun and lively and kept it going. He was very helpful throughout the planning and we had a final meeting couple weeks before wedding to review everything. Always easy to get in touch with if needed. They are very friendly and beyond amazing at the work they do :) thank you for everything we loved it!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2013