Music Express Reviews

308 | Fresno, CA

308 Reviews for Music Express

Hank · Married on 05/19/2013

Music Express was the dj at our wedding and we were so excited to have them. From the beginning to the end, everything was just so right. They really listened to us, and made sure that we have everything we wanted.

We were concerned about making our venue look better so they provide us with uplighting that matched our wedding colors. It really made a difference as to the atmosphere we had in the room. They were really accommodating.

The dance floor was packed all night with out guests dancing their hearts out.

We just love them!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Jim · Married on 02/19/2011

Robert and his team were so much fun to work with at our wedding! Everyone was dancing and laughing and having so much fun on the dance floor.

The lighting really made a big difference. It looked so much better than other weddings, and we definitely had more fun!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Robert was very friendly and easy to work with. Definitely responded to client's wants- we would use music express again!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Very timely, professional and flexible. Excellent equipment. Had some problems with wireless microphones. But all in all, very good DJ. Would definitely use again.

Sent on 07/04/2014

tanveer · Married on 12/23/2016

3.5
      3.0

this vendor is realy great. i am very pleased by using this vendor. thank you wedding wire.

Sent on 02/12/2017

3.0

Seemed to be some confusion at the beginning of the reception. Slow start to the music.....Played wrong version of bride's first dance song.

Requested medley's were not synched...no fade out / fade in.....songs just cut off and the next one started.

Many of the requested songs we requested on the DJ's web site were not played. Played several Justin Beaver songs that were not requested.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2019

1.4

Disappointed is an understatement

We had read good reviews about these DJs, and I corresponded with Robert (who seemed charismatic) in the beginning, so I wasn't concerned until the wedding drew nearer. First off, they wouldn't attend my rehearsal without an additional fee, so I only heard how they arranged my music on the day of...as I was walking down the aisle (We had 2 songs for the processional.) They literally stopped one song and played another! I could have had a friend do that!! Of course, I couldn't react, but I wanted to cry!! Then at the reception, they played the wrong version of our song for our first dance, which we had paid professionals to choreograph and teach us, so we were all turned around. When dinner service was over and the dancing began, they wouldn't take requests and weren't even trying to get people up and dancing. Most people went outside because the music kept stopping in the middle of songs and. There were 2 DJs and I'm not sure if one was training the other but they seemed to not know what they were doing. Overall, very disappointed...especially for the price I paid for them. Make sure to research your DJs and meet with them if possible!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Music Express's reply:

Hi Jennifer,

This review is confusing to me because you tipped the dj a fair amount of money. Why would you tip someone if you are not happy with the service?

Tips are an indication of satisfaction!

First of all we strive to give the best service possible for every event!

For your ceremony, ceremony practice is an upgrade and not included in the service. We offered to be there, but you did not want to include that in your service. There are usually only 3 songs in a ceremony. You had 2. It is customary to fade out the first song before we start the 2nd one. If you wanted something different you have to let us know in your notes or email.

As far as your first dance we checked with you the night of your reception and you told us it was the correct version before we played it. We even downloaded for you on the spot because you did not specify the version you wanted in your account.

You did not have all your music ready on the date it was due. In fact you were quite late.

It is important for you to meet your deadlines so we can prepare adequately for you ahead of time.

The second dj was not a trainee, and the venue's electricity was erratic causing some problems.

You were not dancing very much at your reception. Guests will dance quite a bit more if you are dancing.

We gave you exactly what you asked for in your account, AND we most definitely were taking requests. If we have the song and it is requested we play it for your guests.

We always provide music and service based on what the customer asks.

We take our weddings very seriously and provide amazing service for all of our clients. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your wedding.

Gary · Married on 10/01/2016

0.4
      0.5

Really dissapointed. I expected and was promised a full service DJ. The two 'kids' that showed up were unprepared and seemed very inexperienced. During the speeches the mic continually stopped working. They played the wrong songs at the wrong time. They announced the married couple several times before they were even ready. The owner, Robert, continued to change his story on what happened, lying and saying the bride made late changes, when in fact HIS company called the day of the wedding and were asking questions on what THEY needed to do. After I asked for a refund (which he offered me such a small amount, and only if I took down my negative review) I told him to just keep it. This man and his completely unprofessional company ruined my son's wedding and the only thing he was worried about was his money. I WILL NOT be using this service again and DO NOT recommended them. Horrible company.

Sent on 02/10/2017

Music Express's reply:

Unfortunate situation; we did our best to make to satisfy the customer and offered a generous partial refund. He refused. THE CREW THAT DID THIS WEDDING IS NO LONGER WORKING DOING WEDDINGS. THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN CORRECTED. This was very unusual.as you can see by our other reviews. He did not book our full service package. He booked our least expensive package We do our best to make everybody happy.The bride changed many things at the last minute. We offered him a partial refund, but he refused.