411 Reviews for Music By Design

Liability Insurance (9)
Photobooth (9)
Uplighting (7)
Projector (2)

Highly recommend!! I don't think we could have asked for a better DJ than Jim. He was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning and made sure that every detail was covered. He played everything that we requested and plenty of songs that we didn't even think of to get everyone dancing. Thank you Jim!!!

Profile Picture Madeline, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Our DJ, Carl was fantastic! He kept the party moving along all night and played a great variety of music that pleased everyone from the teenagers to the older folks. Working with MBD and Carl was the easiest part of our wedding planning, and the decision we were most pleased with. Don’t hesitate to book!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography

We chose Music by Design to DJ our wedding (both ceremony and reception) and they did an excellent job. Jim was our DJ and he was fantastic. He kept the dance floor packed, even with having a variety of requested music types and songs. The company was easy to work with, and their customer service was great when I had to call a couple of times to ask them questions. The software they have for requesting songs to play/not play was easy to use. Jim was flexible the day of, adjusting the timing of things as needed and rolling with it when we needed to switch around the order of the parent dances at the last second. If you're in the market for a DJ, their services are great!

Profile Picture Calloway , 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

When we first met with our DJ, Dillon, one of the ways he tried to pitch Music by Design's services was to bring up a statistic about how many people believe that the music at a reception is the most important/memorable part. When we first heard this we thought it was just another hyperbolic statement by a vendor trying to get our business. Wow, were we wrong.

We received several comments at the end of the reception and in the weeks following that all praised how great the music was as well as Dillon's ability to read the dance floor and switch songs if necessary to keep the energy up the whole night. A couple of guests even told us that this was the best DJ'd wedding they had ever been to (not insignificant as these guests were both over 50).

What's most amazing is how precisely Dillon was able to meet our vision of how the playlist would go even though the directions we gave could be generously described as "vague." Dillon made sure to include our must-plays, played timeless party classics early in the night, and switched to more modern tracks later as older guests got tired or left. This way the dance floor was packed the whole night. Dillon even had a great suggestion in a follow up phone call to play rat pack style music during dinner. We would have never thought of that and it added a wonderful ambiance during the meal.

The only downside to the whole experience with Music by Design was working with their song request software prior to the wedding. Selecting songs that either must or could be played was not as user friendly as one would hope. However, this was the only wrinkle in an otherwise outstanding experience with Music by Design and Dillon.

I would absolutely recommend working with Music by Design and would make sure to ask if Dillon is available on your date.

Profile Picture Janine, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't say enough nice things. Everything was easy and the portals were user friendly and easy to us. The DJ listened to me about not wanting a pushy or over enthusiastic. He was directive and fun but never over the top. They stuck to my playlist other than requests and faded a song and brought in a new one if the crowd didn't respond to the music. They were great and even helped navigate the other vendors such as photographer and venue people.

Profile Picture Laura, 12/9/17, 6 Reviews

very professional, prompt response to emails and phone calls. online portal is helpful when choosing ceremony and reception music. On the wedding day, Jim was kinda, professional, friendly, and the perfect fit for our wedding crowd. he brought everyone of all ages on the dance floor until the very end. highly recommend the company--worth every dollar spent. Ask for Jim if you can :)

Profile Picture Katie, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

We wanted to find a DJ that was reasonably priced had awesome reviews, so Music by Design was the best choice for us! The staff is very prompt in responding the emails and answered all of our questions thoroughly! What I love the most about Music By Design was the online planning form. You seriously have full control of all the songs you want to play or the songs you absolutely want to avoid!

On the day of, our DJ was incredible! He arrived on time and had everything set up well before the start of our ceremony. We were running short on time during the reception, and we had originally planned to go around each table to take photos, but this would have taken way too long. He suggested that we do a challenge where we run around to take a photo with each table before the end of the song "The Final Countdown". This was such a brilliant idea! Our guests absolutely loved it and we had so much fun! Our DJ also was very perceptive to the guests, he would cut some songs early if he felt like the guests weren't feeling it as much. Our guests could not stop raving about how awesome the music was, and the dance floor was pretty much full the entire time!

One thing that initially bothered me was that we did not talk with our day-of DJ until about a few days prior to our wedding. To any bride, this would be super intimidating! But don't fret, brides. Our DJ called us the week of, and he had already studied our online form like the back of his hand and knew exactly what we wanted for the wedding. It worked out extremely well in the end!

Profile Picture Yuan, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Could not have been more happy with Music By Design. Tony was the ultimate professional--kept us on time and the dance floor PACKED! We especially appreciate him digging up some international music for the overseas family. Many guests came up to compliment us on the music and DJ and we agree--Music By Design was excellent!!

Profile Picture Eric, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We don't have enough great things to say about Music by Design and specifically Nicole. She was personable, professional and flexible. Additionally, she was organized with the type of music we wanted and did a fantastic job of reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed literally the entire night. We really enjoyed working with her and would recommend her and the company for any type of wedding. Thanks!

Profile Picture Eric, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Working with Music by Design was great. From the beginning their website was very easy to select music for our reception (we had a violinist for the ceremony) and work on the layout for the reception. We were able to customize the entrance for the wedding party and have individual songs for the pairs. Our DJs called before the wedding and went over everything with us and made sure everything was in order.

Music by Design had previous experience at our wedding location which made it really helpful since they knew the layout and everything already. They kept people dancing and having a great time! They were great at being the MCs for the reception and introducing people and events (cake cutting, dances, etc.). We would completely recommend working with Music by Design, they really helped make our wedding a night to remember.

Profile Picture Anna, 9/29/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jim was my DJ from Music By Design. When I first met him at the office, I was like “Yes. Finally.” He wasn’t in my face and selling himself like crazy. He simply gave me the rundown of how the day would go and how the process would be. The website was extremely user friendly and organized. I put song requests on my RSVPs and it was so easy to input them into the website. He called me a few nights before the wedding and it was such a nice conversation and it put me at ease. He walked me through the specifics of our day, what music to play when, and even let me make a few last minute updates. The day of he was FANTASTIC! Great energy but not too much. Nailed the playlist-everyone was dancing constantly. I got so many compliments about how much fun they had dancing because the music was so great. I would recommend Jim in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Cristin, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

We had Charlie as the dj for our wedding reception and he was great. He had everything planned perfectly and was so relaxed about everything. While I on the other hand was high strung about basically everything, he handled it all in such an amazing, calm demeanor, like don't worry I got this. I am sure I was an absolutely pain but if I was he did not let it show and kept the show going smoothly, even with a few hiccups we had. And he was on it with the music, I mean he kept everyone going all night, everyone from ages 7 to 70 raved about what a great mix of music we had and how they never danced so much. If there was a song the floor wasn't feeling, he would switch it. He just rolled with the punches all night. Besides Charlie, the company itself is pretty great too. They constantly check in, go over everything with you, they even have a little webinar they set you up to watch, and always quickly respond to any questions. Their site is very user friendly and you can pick as many or as little songs as you'd like as well as a do not play list. One of the big reasons we went with Music By Design, besides the fact that they seem very on top of everything was because I have had sooo many past brides tell me they had this playlist they spent all this time making that the dj never even used. Not with Music By design. I believe he got in all our must plays and a good portion of our play if possible while still making sure everyone was dancing. Ohh and if you have some odd choice songs, they will get any version of whatever song you want. My husband and I are very picky about music and also had some different choices for songs like our cake cutting but they got them all and did a great job.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

The very best DJ we have ever seen at any event. They had complete professionalism and control of our wedding. They kept our timeline and party moving on schedule while keeping the party going with everyone from 24 - 94 years old on the dance floor. We had the best wedding ever thanks to Music by Design!

Profile Picture Laurel, 9/15/17, 1 Review

Music By Design is top notch! I can't stop talking about what a great job they did at our wedding in September. David, our DJ, was professional, fun, and very accommodating. He knew our venue very well and we didn't have to worry about a thing. My husband and I loved their online portal. It made things easy and organized. In the end, we let our DJ play to the crowd and I'm so happy we did. . . there were so many people on the dance floor. It was awesome! We all had a blast and danced the night away. Thanks!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/1/17, 1 Review

We could not be happier with our decision to use Music by Design (Eric) and Photo Booth by Design (Amy), for our wedding. They made everything quick, easy, and painless - from the process of selecting and booking a DJ/Photo Booth, to inputting wedding plan details into the system, selecting music requests from a database and submitting custom song requests, and coordinating with the DJ and photo booth attendant in advance. We received many compliments from our guests on the music selection - the dance floor was not empty all night, even after the lights came back on! And everyone really enjoyed the Photo Booth, especially being able to take home a copy and leave a copy in a keepsake album. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Music By Design was very accommodating. Their DJ actively read the atmosphere of the night and provided quality service from start to finish. I would highly recommend this service to other couples.

Profile Picture Brandon, 8/12/17, 1 Review

Jim was our DJ and we loved him! Would recommend this company and him to anyone! He was fun, outgoing, and adapted well to some behind the scenes issues that went on at our wedding!

Profile Picture Jess, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Music by Desing was fantastic! Our DJ, Jim, was amazing and had our guests dancing all night long! What really stood out to me is our DJ calling the week of the wedding to go over song choices, confirm timeline, and ensure he knew how to pronounce our bridal party's names (small detail that went along way). We also loved that this company offered a photo booth that includes a USB of all the photos. So happy we have these photos to remember our day. Overall - absolutely outstanding! Thanks for keeping our guests dancing!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews

Music by Design was great! We hired them for DJ, Name in Lights, and Photo Booth.. they were awesome!

Profile Picture Allie, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Photobooth, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Having the right DJ was so important for us. We had a small Sunday wedding with a varied age group. I was concerned about an empty dance floor. Tony did not let that happen. He was great to work with and I received many compliments. I left much of the music choice to him. He read into my music tastes & played songs I would like and my quests would dance to. He did an excellent job and set the tone for a very fun evening. He also did a great job with the uplighting. I am so glad I chose Music by Design!

Profile Picture Donna, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Eric was fabulous! I had so many complicated song requests for him to get and he had them all! Everything flowed so naturally and the background music wasn't over powering. We had just discussed my fear of DJ's from weddings I have been to lately with terrible ones and the dance floors being empty! Never have I ever been to a wedding where the dance floor was so packed the entire time like with Eric! Before people were giving their goodbyes every single one of them commented and complimented the music and how much fun it was. I would recommend Eric any day!

Profile Picture Montana, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I am SO grateful we went with David from Music by Design for our wedding DJ. He made our night so enjoyable and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. He was also great with transitions and keeping the energy up the entire evening.

Their website is so user-friendly so I was able to make a list of all my "do-not-plays" ahead of time. I also wanted to create the playlists for our cocktail hour and dinner myself, and he was so flexible and allowed me to just send him a spreadsheet with the songs and sure enough, they were all played. Simply amazing! HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Andrew at Music By Design is the DJ you want for your wedding! We heard from many of our guests that they've never seen a dance floor so full! My husband and I danced the night away and had so much fun! Andrew played our favorites and also could read the crowd to know what got everyone dancing and excited! A DJ could make or break a reception, and Andrew made it exceed our expectations! He was professional, accommodating, followed through with some special requests, and helped us stick to our timeline! Thank you!!

We also had Samantha for our photobooth. She was great! The guests loved it and were able to take a favor home with them! We also have a photobooth guestbook for ourselves and unlimited downloads of the pictures! So fun!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Thank you so much Dave for being an integral part of our day! From our ceremony to the reception you kept the party going! Professional, knowledgeable, and quality work!
Karre and Mike