419 Reviews for Music By Design

Photobooth (10)
Liability Insurance (9)
Uplighting (7)
Projector (2)

Jim was the DJ for our wedding on April 28, 2018. He went above and beyond to make sure we had such a fun time at our event, the music selection was phenomenal, his interaction with all of the guests was great! You could tell he really enjoys what he does for a living, and it shows in his work! The week of the wedding he calls to do a run through of the wedding day, he was so easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and made me feel at ease! I would highly recommend Music By Design for any and all services, and request Jim for your DJ, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I just recently got married and used Music by Design for our DJ. We had David who did a WONDERFUL job. He was quick, efficient, helped the flow of the evening, was very polite and played all the music and song selections just perfectly. The guests raved about him!

Profile Picture Jess, 7/7/18, 4 Reviews

My wife and I could not be happier with our decision to use MBD for our wedding. We chose them because they played my sister's wedding back in 2011 and I wanted a company I could trust. Well, they exceeded all our expectations. Andrew was fun,energetic,engaging, and professional. I have been to a lot of weddings and I can proudly say I have never seen as many people on the dance floor during the last song than at our wedding. I truly believe that is in large part to Andrew at MBD. I will continue to recommend them to everyone I can! Thanks MBD!

Profile Picture Eric, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews

Our whole experience with Music by Design was outstanding. All our questions/emails were responded to quickly and the value of the services we got were outstanding. Pete was our DJ and he was phenomenal. He kept the party going even when few people were on the dance floor towards the end of the night and really kept in the vibe we were trying to go for. He included a lot of the music we requested in the online form and was able to create an environment our guests felt comfortable in to let loose on the dance floor. He did a great job working with us to keep everything organized day of and was able to help me execute a surprise for my parents during our ceremony that really meant a lot to our family. We had so many people compliment our DJ service after the wedding. Highly recommend Music by Design and Pete for helping us create the day of our dreams!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We worked with David for our wedding and he was amazing! He was so fun and gave us the wedding we had envisioned! Everything went smoothly for us and he was so good with communication. Thank you MusicByDesign and David for the amazing night! Our friends and family had such a blast!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/27/18, 4 Reviews

I used Music By Design for my wedding. All correspondences with them were professional, pleasant and easy. Their portal offered exactly what I was looking for in a DJ, the ability to choose not only what songs I wanted, but most importantly the songs I absolutely did not want played.

Our DJ was Carl. He was great, he was able to figure out what we wanted for our wedding and then choose other music that went along with the same theme. Many of our guests told us how much they loved the music.

Profile Picture Veronica, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews

Highly recommend!! I don't think we could have asked for a better DJ than Jim. He was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning and made sure that every detail was covered. He played everything that we requested and plenty of songs that we didn't even think of to get everyone dancing. Thank you Jim!!!

Profile Picture Madeline, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Our DJ, Carl was fantastic! He kept the party moving along all night and played a great variety of music that pleased everyone from the teenagers to the older folks. Working with MBD and Carl was the easiest part of our wedding planning, and the decision we were most pleased with. Don’t hesitate to book!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/21/18, 1 Review

We chose Music by Design to DJ our wedding (both ceremony and reception) and they did an excellent job. Jim was our DJ and he was fantastic. He kept the dance floor packed, even with having a variety of requested music types and songs. The company was easy to work with, and their customer service was great when I had to call a couple of times to ask them questions. The software they have for requesting songs to play/not play was easy to use. Jim was flexible the day of, adjusting the timing of things as needed and rolling with it when we needed to switch around the order of the parent dances at the last second. If you're in the market for a DJ, their services are great!

Profile Picture Calloway , 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

When we first met with our DJ, Dillon, one of the ways he tried to pitch Music by Design's services was to bring up a statistic about how many people believe that the music at a reception is the most important/memorable part. When we first heard this we thought it was just another hyperbolic statement by a vendor trying to get our business. Wow, were we wrong.

We received several comments at the end of the reception and in the weeks following that all praised how great the music was as well as Dillon's ability to read the dance floor and switch songs if necessary to keep the energy up the whole night. A couple of guests even told us that this was the best DJ'd wedding they had ever been to (not insignificant as these guests were both over 50).

What's most amazing is how precisely Dillon was able to meet our vision of how the playlist would go even though the directions we gave could be generously described as "vague." Dillon made sure to include our must-plays, played timeless party classics early in the night, and switched to more modern tracks later as older guests got tired or left. This way the dance floor was packed the whole night. Dillon even had a great suggestion in a follow up phone call to play rat pack style music during dinner. We would have never thought of that and it added a wonderful ambiance during the meal.

The only downside to the whole experience with Music by Design was working with their song request software prior to the wedding. Selecting songs that either must or could be played was not as user friendly as one would hope. However, this was the only wrinkle in an otherwise outstanding experience with Music by Design and Dillon.

I would absolutely recommend working with Music by Design and would make sure to ask if Dillon is available on your date.

Profile Picture Janine, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had the best experience with Music by Design! Unlike some other wedding vendors, there were no gimicks or surprises with them. Everything was extremely straightforward from the first meeting through our wedding day. We only ever paid the agreed upon price and there was never anything "additional" the popped up after the fact.

Their online planning site was super easy to use and we were so thrilled to have that customization and control over our music.

Andrew was our DJ and he was awesome! He called us the week of our wedding and went over any questions he (or we) had and also verified the pronunciation of our name. We had a funny experience the day of our wedding where different people were coming up to him "correcting" the pronunciation of our last name and he handled it so graciously! We were so luck to have him as our "guy" that day and will recommend Music by Design to anyone we know that is getting married!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm so happy we booked Music by Design. Jim was our DJ when we got married in March and he was great! You can tell he enjoys what he does -- and he did a great job! The dance floor was full the entire night. He even called to tell me after the event that we had left a gift behind. He was so nice and easygoing. I'll recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Erika, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography

I can't say enough nice things. Everything was easy and the portals were user friendly and easy to us. The DJ listened to me about not wanting a pushy or over enthusiastic. He was directive and fun but never over the top. They stuck to my playlist other than requests and faded a song and brought in a new one if the crowd didn't respond to the music. They were great and even helped navigate the other vendors such as photographer and venue people.

Profile Picture Laura, 12/9/17, 6 Reviews

very professional, prompt response to emails and phone calls. online portal is helpful when choosing ceremony and reception music. On the wedding day, Jim was kinda, professional, friendly, and the perfect fit for our wedding crowd. he brought everyone of all ages on the dance floor until the very end. highly recommend the company--worth every dollar spent. Ask for Jim if you can :)

Profile Picture Katie, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

We wanted to find a DJ that was reasonably priced had awesome reviews, so Music by Design was the best choice for us! The staff is very prompt in responding the emails and answered all of our questions thoroughly! What I love the most about Music By Design was the online planning form. You seriously have full control of all the songs you want to play or the songs you absolutely want to avoid!

On the day of, our DJ was incredible! He arrived on time and had everything set up well before the start of our ceremony. We were running short on time during the reception, and we had originally planned to go around each table to take photos, but this would have taken way too long. He suggested that we do a challenge where we run around to take a photo with each table before the end of the song "The Final Countdown". This was such a brilliant idea! Our guests absolutely loved it and we had so much fun! Our DJ also was very perceptive to the guests, he would cut some songs early if he felt like the guests weren't feeling it as much. Our guests could not stop raving about how awesome the music was, and the dance floor was pretty much full the entire time!

One thing that initially bothered me was that we did not talk with our day-of DJ until about a few days prior to our wedding. To any bride, this would be super intimidating! But don't fret, brides. Our DJ called us the week of, and he had already studied our online form like the back of his hand and knew exactly what we wanted for the wedding. It worked out extremely well in the end!

Profile Picture Yuan, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Could not have been more happy with Music By Design. Tony was the ultimate professional--kept us on time and the dance floor PACKED! We especially appreciate him digging up some international music for the overseas family. Many guests came up to compliment us on the music and DJ and we agree--Music By Design was excellent!!

Profile Picture Eric, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We don't have enough great things to say about Music by Design and specifically Nicole. She was personable, professional and flexible. Additionally, she was organized with the type of music we wanted and did a fantastic job of reading the crowd and keeping the dance floor packed literally the entire night. We really enjoyed working with her and would recommend her and the company for any type of wedding. Thanks!

Profile Picture Eric, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Working with Music by Design was great. From the beginning their website was very easy to select music for our reception (we had a violinist for the ceremony) and work on the layout for the reception. We were able to customize the entrance for the wedding party and have individual songs for the pairs. Our DJs called before the wedding and went over everything with us and made sure everything was in order.

Music by Design had previous experience at our wedding location which made it really helpful since they knew the layout and everything already. They kept people dancing and having a great time! They were great at being the MCs for the reception and introducing people and events (cake cutting, dances, etc.). We would completely recommend working with Music by Design, they really helped make our wedding a night to remember.

Profile Picture Anna, 9/29/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jim was my DJ from Music By Design. When I first met him at the office, I was like “Yes. Finally.” He wasn’t in my face and selling himself like crazy. He simply gave me the rundown of how the day would go and how the process would be. The website was extremely user friendly and organized. I put song requests on my RSVPs and it was so easy to input them into the website. He called me a few nights before the wedding and it was such a nice conversation and it put me at ease. He walked me through the specifics of our day, what music to play when, and even let me make a few last minute updates. The day of he was FANTASTIC! Great energy but not too much. Nailed the playlist-everyone was dancing constantly. I got so many compliments about how much fun they had dancing because the music was so great. I would recommend Jim in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Cristin, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

We had Charlie as the dj for our wedding reception and he was great. He had everything planned perfectly and was so relaxed about everything. While I on the other hand was high strung about basically everything, he handled it all in such an amazing, calm demeanor, like don't worry I got this. I am sure I was an absolutely pain but if I was he did not let it show and kept the show going smoothly, even with a few hiccups we had. And he was on it with the music, I mean he kept everyone going all night, everyone from ages 7 to 70 raved about what a great mix of music we had and how they never danced so much. If there was a song the floor wasn't feeling, he would switch it. He just rolled with the punches all night. Besides Charlie, the company itself is pretty great too. They constantly check in, go over everything with you, they even have a little webinar they set you up to watch, and always quickly respond to any questions. Their site is very user friendly and you can pick as many or as little songs as you'd like as well as a do not play list. One of the big reasons we went with Music By Design, besides the fact that they seem very on top of everything was because I have had sooo many past brides tell me they had this playlist they spent all this time making that the dj never even used. Not with Music By design. I believe he got in all our must plays and a good portion of our play if possible while still making sure everyone was dancing. Ohh and if you have some odd choice songs, they will get any version of whatever song you want. My husband and I are very picky about music and also had some different choices for songs like our cake cutting but they got them all and did a great job.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

The very best DJ we have ever seen at any event. They had complete professionalism and control of our wedding. They kept our timeline and party moving on schedule while keeping the party going with everyone from 24 - 94 years old on the dance floor. We had the best wedding ever thanks to Music by Design!

Profile Picture Laurel, 9/15/17, 1 Review

Music By Design is top notch! I can't stop talking about what a great job they did at our wedding in September. David, our DJ, was professional, fun, and very accommodating. He knew our venue very well and we didn't have to worry about a thing. My husband and I loved their online portal. It made things easy and organized. In the end, we let our DJ play to the crowd and I'm so happy we did. . . there were so many people on the dance floor. It was awesome! We all had a blast and danced the night away. Thanks!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/1/17, 1 Review

We could not be happier with our decision to use Music by Design (Eric) and Photo Booth by Design (Amy), for our wedding. They made everything quick, easy, and painless - from the process of selecting and booking a DJ/Photo Booth, to inputting wedding plan details into the system, selecting music requests from a database and submitting custom song requests, and coordinating with the DJ and photo booth attendant in advance. We received many compliments from our guests on the music selection - the dance floor was not empty all night, even after the lights came back on! And everyone really enjoyed the Photo Booth, especially being able to take home a copy and leave a copy in a keepsake album. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Music By Design was very accommodating. Their DJ actively read the atmosphere of the night and provided quality service from start to finish. I would highly recommend this service to other couples.

Profile Picture Brandon, 8/12/17, 1 Review